Chapter 27

I'm sorry guys for the such a long wait! For me, it's almost the of a semester so I will have to study for huge tests and wouldn't have enough time to write. Anyways, thanks being so patient! And don't worry the story isn't done yet, I've got a few ideas for the next few chapters. Plus, I wouldn't be updating longer chapters because they just take longer to write.

Chapter 27

Laura's POV

My eye lids slowly open when I wake to see that it was still dark outside. I look to my right and notice Vanessa sound asleep. I try to haul myself up from the bed to reach for some water. Before I could I feel a sharp pain come from my neck as I fell back, waiting for it to go away. It lasted a few more seconds until I could finally sigh in relief. I stare at the ceiling thinking about everything that happened.

Why did this happen to me?

Was I a cat with nine lives? I nearly died in a plane crash and now, well I don't know what to call it exactly. Psycho chick gone mad?

I don't know....

My eye lids dropped and a drifted to sleep.

I woke up again when I found a nurse taking my blood pressure. She was doing my vitals. She checked on my cut and gave me painkillers.

The curtains on the window have been pulled aside so I could see the sun shining through. Vanessa was gone. Where'd she go?

When the nurse left, I was left in a silent room. I pushed the button that made the bed slowly make its way into an upright position.

Few minutes later, the door opened and I saw Vanessa."Look who I brought!" she announced, opening her arms.

Someone with blond hair walked through the door after her. They were both holding coffee. The blond had a smile that could light up the whole room. At first I couldn't quite recognize them but then, I knew exactly who it was.

"Oh my God! Laura are you okay!" A sweet, worried voice cried out after she saw the full view of me.

I remembered, she was my best friend from elementary school. "Olivia! Oh gosh, it's been so long!" I yelled back with a smile. She leaned over and gave me a hug, it was such a awkward position for her because I still in bed.

"I've missed you so much!" she shrieked and giggled. I smiled at the amount of energy she always has. It was so fun being around her.

"So how are you?" She asked which made me giggle. I didn't know how to answer considering all that has happened.

I ended up explaining the whole story. "...... so that's all that happened so far." I finished. "Wow." was all that came out of her mouth. That made me giggle a bit. We talked for a while. Laughed at jokes and old memories.

~

"Anyways, next week I'm throwing a party, do you want to come?"

"I'd love too!" I responded and she gave me another quick hug. "I hope you feel better soon! I'll text Vanessa all the details, see you later!" She waved and left the room.

Ross' POV

I got out of my car and walked across the parking lot and through the doors. I didn't know whether I should apologize for last night or just not mention it at all.

I walked towards her room, I was stopped in my feet when my phone rang. "Hello?" I asked, making my way to her room. I noticed a girl walk out of her room, she had long blonde hair. She walked over to Vanessa.

"...... hello? Ross?" the voice finally came back.

"Oh, um yeah?"

"Where are you?" Riker's voice, who would have guessed?

"I'm visiting Laura!" I said quickly as I noticed the blond ready to leave. "Bye!" I quickly hung up and shoved my phone in my back pocket. I lifted my head up and took a step without looking. A old lady stood with cane looked at me irritated.

"I'm sorry!" I put my hands up in defence as stomped off. For a old lady, she gets mad quite easily. I watched her walk away as I her a cute giggle behind me. I turned around to see the gorgeous blond from earlier.

"What?" I asked like a little boy.

She giggled even more. "Nothing." I gave her a stern look.

"Yeah, right" I smiled.

"I'm Olivia." She smiled back.

"Ross." I added.

"Here pass me your phone." she put her hand out. I gave her a puzzled look before handing my phone to her. She entered her number in and I did the same.

"I'm throwing a party next week, do you want to come?" She said handing my phone back. I looked at her room, thinking of Laura. "Sure, I'd love too." I smiled and so did she.

"I'll text you the details." She said and walked away.

I continued to walk to the front, the blind had been pulled up. The door was slightly open so I could hear what they hear.

She wasn't sitting on her bed, Cody was. I tried to stay unnoticed behind a open window. I heard a flush and the tap turn on. Laura was in the washroom. The door slowly opened and Cody gets up and helps her to the bed. He takes a seat next to her. She laid back on the bed.

"Thanks for saving me." She said and smiled.

He turned to her and I couldn't quite see what his face looked like, he was faced away from the window. But if he knew I was behind him, I bet he was smirking. For one minute there was no movement, they were just staring at each other. Eventually, Cody's head went further away. Which meant that he was leaning in, I needed to stop this...... now.

Too late...

They were kissing...

I couldn't feel my heart anymore.

How could she?

Things like this had a real effect on a hopeless romantic like me. I couldn't handle it.

I slammed the door shut.

I walked past the window and I'm pretty sure by now they turned around and saw me storm off.

But why would Laura care? She was too busy making out with Cody. What a hero he is.

She wouldn't come running after me, she was too hurt to move.

I walked straight to my car and got in. I angrily slammed the door shut and was ready to drive off. That's until I heard a knock on the window.

There she was.

One in a Million - A Raura Fanficजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें