The Chaperone

By LieselRidges

Callie Summers has recently applied to the prestige arts school in California and hoping to get a scholarshi... More

Chapter 1: Callie's Job
Chapter 02: The beginning of the Tour
Chapter 03: A Chance
Chapter 04: The Radio Station
Chapter 05: Untitled
Chapter 07: From where we left off
Chapter 08: The signing session
Chapter 09: The tabloids
Chapter 10: The calm before the storm
Chapter 11: Sorry, but you are fired.
Chapter 12: The start of something new
Chapter 13: Patrick's nightmare
Chapter 14: The first time
Chapter 15: Dinner with Jasmine
Chapter 16: Los Angeles
Chapter 17: Los Angeles Pt 2
Chapter 18: Cracks
Chapter 19: A different place, a different time
Chapter 20: High School Reunion
Chapter 21: 2 years on...
Chapter 22: His new girl, her new life
Chapter 23: Lunch with Mrs Kensington
Chapter 24: Goodbye
Chapter 25: Pillar of support
Chapter 26: If lost, please return to...
Epilogue
New Year's Resolution
Spin off short: The album shoot

Chapter 06: Sorted

5.2K 266 2
By LieselRidges

Chapter 06: Sorted

I didn't really know what to expect for a studio recording.

I mean, I haven't really been to such things.

"You can sit in the audience to observe, if you like." E.T. said as he pointed to the audience bleeches.

"The first row of makeshift chairs are for the crew. You can sit there." E.T. added.

I followed his gaze and saw a row of about 5 chairs on the same level as the stage floor just behind the cameras and next to where the program producers and audience managers were stationed.

"I'll come get you when we are leaving. " He added. I nodded and took his suggestions.

Fans of Sloan is filling the audience and the band exited the stage for the show to start.

----------------

"Where is she?" Patrick asked, raging when he didn't see her anywhere backstage.

I gestured towards Patrick to come over.

"Ett, Callie is missing." Patrick said. I pointed towards the audience. His eyes widen.

"I told her to sit there. " I replied. He heave a sign of relief.

"Patrick, relax." I said as I massaged his shoulders.

"Everyone knows you are into her. We'll make sure she's safe when we are out." I added. He nodded.

I went to make sure all the settings are ready and I looked up, Patrick still stood there observing Callie.

"Patrick!" i yelled. He jumped and spun around. I pointed on the direction of stage right.

'Go!' I mouthed, giving him a stern look. Patrick understood and obediently left.

I looked over into the audience from my audio podium and I see that she is still there, within my vision.

----------------------

A few days in the job and I felt the world had opened up to me. Everything is new and amazing, and, like watching theatrical play, each scene and experience are vibrant and exhilirating.

The show for the audience started before the actul recording begins. The audience manager warms up the audience with some ice-breakers and some fun waves. Watching the audience manager was so fun and interesting. Once the audience has been warmed up, they were being brief on some of the signs and signals later so that they can record their reactions and applause.

Dave came onto the set and he started his routine of going through his recording procedures.

Soon the lights dimmed and the show begins.

The audience manager started clapping and the entire audience followed suit.

After awhile, the opening music played and Dave started greeting all the live audiences and the camera.

As I sat next to the production team console, I was more intrigued by what they were doing then the actual show itself.

However, I soon figured out that it was going to be very different from what I see on television.

The huge studio cameras weaved in and out and a red lamp would light up whenever it's recording. Dave would instinctively face the camer with the red lamp on.

The cameramen would shift around their space for a beat shot and only when the producer likes what he see would he cue the camera to record.

Wow.

All these operations were like a dance that flowed like water in a stream.

Crisp, clear and precise.

The weirdest thing was that I felt pretty distracted with all these cameras in front of me and I wondered how the audience could enjoy the show without finding the cameras annoying.

Then again, I guess it was all part of the in-studio experience.

Sloan and his band didn't start the show. There were many other celebrities, talks, games and performances before them. They seem to be the highlight of the show.

It wasn't long that they were next.

"Let us welcome, Sloan!" Dave said and Patrick walked in with a wide smile on his face. I was pretty amused by the stark difference in his attitude.

I secretly think it may highly likely due to his screaming fans behind me as I almost was knocked off my seat by their thunderous shrieks.

The same kind of interview then followed with additional questions on the topic of personal life, girlfriends (which he intendedly looked in my direction when he answered them.. ) and other interesting and funny stuff.

Their segment ended with their new song: "Waiting".

In my heart, so deep inside

To search a love, so pure and white

I found you

Love is just a minute away

I am lost, amongst the crowds

I search for warmth, so true and kind

I found you

Love is just a minute away

Not a minute to waste, we both take flight

You show me the world, there's nothing to hide

You found me and I was just a minute away

Away away away...............

I was awestruck by his live performance.

Now I knew why all these fans are screaming for them.

"Thank you, Sloan and his musicians! We'll be right back after the break."

Then someone yelled "CUT!"

I snapped out of a trance when I heard that CUT. Just then, I see E.T. standing at the stage wing and gestured me to go towards him. I immediately knew that cue and stood up and move forward.

Once with E.T backstage, a familiar arm sling around my shoulder and he pulled me closer to him.

Patrick.

I took a deep breath and walked alongside him.

The entire crew entered the waiting room and slowly we packed up. Amanda then shuffled the group out. She was trying to approach Patrick again when He tighten his grip on me and sent her a warning shot.

She gave me a face of disdain and went to the other guys instead.

I turned my head and look at Patrick. I feel his knuckles tightening. Instinctively, my hand entwined with his so his hand opened up and held in mine.

He looked at me with intend. I saw some anger and sadness in his eyes but couldn't dicipher exactly what those expressions meant.

The bus took us back to the hotel and that's was it for the schedule for the day.

There will be some magazine photoshoot and interviews later in the week, but at least the guys would have a day or two to wind down.

He has not let go of me since we left the studios. He held me close and nuzzled his head on my shoulders when we sat in the bus and he cotinued to wrap his arm on my shoulder when we alighted at the hotel.

I walked him to his room and i unwrapped his arm.

"We are here." I announced, standing outside his room.

"Can't I go to your room? I don't want Amanda to crash in my bed." He said, giving me the puffy eyes. I gave him a serious expression.

"Really?" I asked, with my arms folded across my chest. He bobbed his head up and down. I was irritated. His tactics were getting a little stale.

I shook my head and turn to leave. He caught up with me and held my shoulders.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"You are seriously asking me that question?" I asked him again. He tilted his head slightly, confused.

I held a question in my throat the entire time but hesitant to ask. Finally I threw all caution to the wind.

"Why didn't you turn up that time? " I finally let out the burning question.

---------------

I knew it was coming.

I didn't want to say anything because it hurts too much. I sighed, but I knew I had to do this, now or later.

"My mum died that night." He said softly.

I saw her taking a deep breath and cupped her mouth.

"It was... that night?" I heard her said.

I nodded. My heart ached at the memory of that evening.

"She... she jumped right in front of... of me." I muttered, trying to hold keep myself calm.

-----------------

What a fool I was to believe that bitch!

"We had a quite rendezvous last night. He was a-maz-ing." She said as her words slowly turned into a whisper beside my ears.

I sorely remembered those words from her mouth when she saw me the following morning in school.

Looking at him, a broken soul who loved his mother very much, I walked forward and embraced him.

I can't believe the reason that tore us apart was that silly, and I didn't believed him!

--------------

"I knew why you wanted to meet me that night." I held her tightly in my arms, speaking softly into her ears.

"You knew?" She pulled away from me and held my gaze. I nodded.

"I learnt from your classmate Chloe that your parents had to move suddenly due to your dad's debtors." I paused, checking her facial expression to make sure she was alright.

"But you had moved before I returned to school. I never had chance to explain." I added. She shook her head.

"I had tried very hard to locate you. But you were so hard to track down. I had tracked down fifteen different Callie Louis." I explained.

-----------------

"You did?" I looked at Patrick. Tears were brimming in my eyes.

"I switched to my mum's surname so the debtors can't find us." I said, stammering.

My eyes couldn't hold those tears any longer and they broke into a stream down my cheeks. His thumb gently wiped my tears away.

"But that wasn't the real reason why I want to meet you that night." I took the courage at this moment and blurted.

His eyes widen .

"I wanted to meet you to tell you 'yes, I'll be your girlfriend.' " I finally said it.

After so long, I thought he left me for someone else and the sense of betrayal that left me a huge question mark and hate all these years since that day he had asked me to be his.

His eyes soften and his lips curled into a smile.

"I know..." He replied me, then gently planted a kiss on my lips.

-----------------

Author's note:

Hope everyone likes this chapter!!

With their initial hurdle sorted, what now lies ahead for this couple?

Please COMMENT, SHARE, and VOTE this chapter to keep this story going!!!

Thanks!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

867K 31.1K 52
{Romance Series} Book One! |An Unexpected Romance| Maddie and her girls are off on holiday, spending four weeks of uninterrupted bliss in the Califor...
546K 14K 32
"Are you crazy?! Piss off!" Sam Harrison screams. "You can't turn down an opportunity like this, sweetheart. I know you'd die to be seen with me as...
1.8M 97.9K 37
"The book's amazing!!!" - cutechickhere What if you could take cruise with your favorite celebrity? Knox Hamilton, world famous singer, signed up for...
299K 6.4K 52
Ethan Lane was your typical player. He was smooth, handsome, manly, successful and a total chick magnet. Women loved him and men wanted to be him. He...