Chapter 13: Patrick's nightmare

Patrick's POV

Ever since Callie came back to my life, I no longer get frequent nightmares.

Only once when I last stayed over at Callie's place.

I don't know what it means but I felt very safe with Callie around.

"Hey, you are awake..." I heard Callie said. I stretched myself only to realised I had slept on Callie's couch the entire day.

"Hungry?" She asked. I nodded. The skies were dark and I am definitely hungry for some food.

"Watch some tv. I'll go whip up something to eat." She said as she let go of her embrace.

Had she been sitting beside me all this while when I was asleep? I grabbed her arm as she stood up.

"Ypu must be tired too. Let's call chinese take outs." I said. She shook her head.

"I want to cook for you." She replied, her free hand caress my face. I reciprocated with a smile and release her arm.

Watching Callie work around the kitchen was fascinating. It may probably because my own parents never made me a single meal in any point of my life that I could remember, or simply because it was her that was making the meal. I felt that gesture heartwarming.

She made mushroom risotto with truffle oil and it tasted heavenly. Homecook meal definitely tasted much better than take outs that I had during my entire music career.

"Thank you." She said, breaking the silence of the meal.

"No, I should be the one thanking you." I replied. She shook her head.

"I meant the photog assistant job." She added.

"Oh. I didn't really help much though. Andre wouldn't hire you if you aren't good enough." I said, as a matter of fact.

I recalled the hours I spent staring at the photographs that night until tiredness overtook me. I took those photos as a memento, but it turned out as a stroke of genius when I thought of Andre.

-------------

Callie's POV

E.T droopped by in the late afternoon with a two duffel bags of Patrick's clothes.

"He's still out." I replied, as E.T. has stretched his neck to check on Patrick.

"I'm going to stock up some clothes of his here. I'm sure he'll be dropping by your place fairly often." He said. I nodded, and did not questioned further.

"Where is your room?" He asked. I was stunned.

"Oh no no no! He slept in the guest room that night." I blurted innocently. He chuckled.

"Alright. Just show me where." He said with a laugh.

After E.T has done hanging up some of his clothes, I offered him some coffee.

"I'm surprised he slept so well here." He said, looking at Patrick's sleeping face. I knitted my brows.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Don't you know he has to rely on medication to sleep?" He revealed. I shook my head.

"Even he tires himself out to the core with fatigue, his sleeps were never peaceful." He said.

"I had never seen him popping pills before bed." I said, recalling the nights he felt slept beside me. E.T. chuckled again. I raised my eyebrows, trying to defend myself but no words left my mouth.