Chapter 06: Sorted

Chapter 06: Sorted

I didn't really know what to expect for a studio recording.

I mean, I haven't really been to such things.

"You can sit in the audience to observe, if you like." E.T. said as he pointed to the audience bleeches.

"The first row of makeshift chairs are for the crew. You can sit there." E.T. added.

I followed his gaze and saw a row of about 5 chairs on the same level as the stage floor just behind the cameras and next to where the program producers and audience managers were stationed.

"I'll come get you when we are leaving. " He added. I nodded and took his suggestions.

Fans of Sloan is filling the audience and the band exited the stage for the show to start.

----------------

"Where is she?" Patrick asked, raging when he didn't see her anywhere backstage.

I gestured towards Patrick to come over.

"Ett, Callie is missing." Patrick said. I pointed towards the audience. His eyes widen.

"I told her to sit there. " I replied. He heave a sign of relief.

"Patrick, relax." I said as I massaged his shoulders.

"Everyone knows you are into her. We'll make sure she's safe when we are out." I added. He nodded.

I went to make sure all the settings are ready and I looked up, Patrick still stood there observing Callie.

"Patrick!" i yelled. He jumped and spun around. I pointed on the direction of stage right.

'Go!' I mouthed, giving him a stern look. Patrick understood and obediently left.

I looked over into the audience from my audio podium and I see that she is still there, within my vision.

----------------------

A few days in the job and I felt the world had opened up to me. Everything is new and amazing, and, like watching theatrical play, each scene and experience are vibrant and exhilirating.

The show for the audience started before the actul recording begins. The audience manager warms up the audience with some ice-breakers and some fun waves. Watching the audience manager was so fun and interesting. Once the audience has been warmed up, they were being brief on some of the signs and signals later so that they can record their reactions and applause.

Dave came onto the set and he started his routine of going through his recording procedures.

Soon the lights dimmed and the show begins.

The audience manager started clapping and the entire audience followed suit.

After awhile, the opening music played and Dave started greeting all the live audiences and the camera.

As I sat next to the production team console, I was more intrigued by what they were doing then the actual show itself.

However, I soon figured out that it was going to be very different from what I see on television.

The huge studio cameras weaved in and out and a red lamp would light up whenever it's recording. Dave would instinctively face the camer with the red lamp on.

The cameramen would shift around their space for a beat shot and only when the producer likes what he see would he cue the camera to record.

Wow.