Chapter 07: From where we left off

One week into my job and my life has changed, and I felt wonderful.

Patrick and I reconcilled our differences in a long heart to heart chat last night trying to update each other on what we had missed out for the past 6 years. Both of us seems to be simply continuing where we had left off.

Patrick and I met at school in the piano room. It was just an enclosed pavilion with gorgeous glass panel shutters that opened to an area of messy shrubs at a secluded corner on our campus. It was forsaken, left to fade away from the main compund activities.

I found that place on an assignment to look for a place that I cpuld work on my photography project on the topic of forest fairies. That place was a heaven.

It was only when I had returned to the place on a different occasion that I heard music and found Patrick, one of the "eligible bachelors" in our school playing Rachmaninoff the 2nd on the old grand piano that stood in the pavilion.

He of course, was pretty spooked and messed up the music piece when I stepped in that room.

I had no intention to cross path with him but he had every intention to keep my mouth shut.

We got along pretty well because of that place and we were pretty close due to the fact that I knew his secret and he found someone to share his passion on music with.

Naturally, this does not make good news for the "mean girls" in school. I decided to stay away from him on the school compund except when we meet twice a week at the pavilion.

We took over the pavilion eventually and kept it really clean and neat so we could use that space after school for either studies or hangout. We also agreed no one should know about this place.

The remarkable thing is that, throughout the duration before we eventually got separated, no one else found out about this hideaway and about our unique friendship.

"I wonder what happened to the pavillion now?" I said, recalling the happy memories.

He smiled as if he was hiding a secret.

"Patrick? Are you hiding something from me?" I asked. He shook his head.

"Are you sure?" I asked again. He nodded, his smile so wide it curves from ear to ear.

I gave him a confused look.

The evening went well and so was dinner.

The team went on to their own separate activities after that.

I took this chance and persuade Amanda about Patrick's room keys and she gave in not without a complain.

"I'll definitely mention this to Finley." She warned. I didn't felt threatened, although I wasn't sure where the boldness came from but it didn't matter to me anymore.

"Sure, I will mention it to her, myself." I replied, taking his keys from her hands.

Instead of returning those keys to Patrick, I took the key card and met Patrick at the concierge desk to get the card replaced.

"Hi, Patrick lost his keycard and although we have a spare key, I do feel uncomfortable knowing that someone unknown may have his room key. Would you mind giving me another coded set? Oh, and can you make sure only Patrick is allowed to change his keys?" I requested. The concierge were very accomodating.

Well, after all Patrick is their top priority guest.

After all those nonsense has been settled, ET and I helped Patrick to settle in. He has been bunking with ET for two nights and he was very glad to see him go.

"Peace and quiet, at last!" ET said as he gave me a wink.

That was the first time I truly saw Patrick's room. His room, well is more like a suite, with a living room and two bedrooms. In the centre of the room stood a baby grand piano.

"Seriously? This is way too posh." I commented.

"The piano comes in handy when inspiration arrives and the guys can always crash in to jam and practice when needed." He added, unzipping his luggage to hang up his shirt.

I sat down on the piano bench and ran my fingers over the keys. It has been a long time since...

"Wanna play something?" He asked as he settled in beside me. I shook my head.

"Come, pick a song." He asked me, with his puppy dog eyes. I thought hard.

"Ah!" I had a song in mind, but before I could said it, the piano keys tinkered.

"I can show you the world

Shining, shimmering, splendid..."

I smiled. He remembered.

--------------

I wonder if she was also thinking about Disney songs? She used to love them.

She smiled. I immediately knew I had hit the right key.

"Up now from way up here it's crystal clear, let me share this whole new world with you..." We sang in harmony.

I took the opportunity and gently took in her lower lip for a kiss. She returned my kiss by sealing hers on mine. My hands ran through her hair and brought her closer to me, deepening the kiss.

The moment was magical.

----------------------------

Author's note:

I know this is more of a meh chapter.

Will write better ones next, promise.

Please share, comment, vote this story to keep it going.

It has been a long week and more longer weekends as I am running for $1000 in a contest and exams coming up.

Will try to write more before I break for exam revision.

Thank you!!