Suddenly on a Leash (1)

By SugarSugarHeart

Ayano was on her way to her best friend Haruka's house, when, before her very eyes, she is in a bus accident... More

Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty one
Chapter twenty two
Chapter twenty three
Chapter twenty four
Chapter twenty five
Chapter twenty six
Chapter twenty seven
Chapter twenty eight
Chapter twenty nine
Chapter thirty
Chapter thirty one
Chapter thirty three
Chapter thirty four
Chapter thirty five
Chapter thirty six
Chapter thirty seven
Chapter thirty eight
Chapter thirty nine
Chapter forty
Chapter forty one
Chapter forty two
Chapter forty three
Chapter forty four
Chapter forty five
Chapter forty six
Chapter forty seven
Chapter forty eight
Chapter forty nine
Chapter fifty

Chapter thirty two

453 34 7
By SugarSugarHeart

My hands were shaking as I prepared the tea in the kettle. Geez, what was wrong with me... I drew attention to myself...
God, they must think I'm an idiot...
But...
My heart really twisted seeing her touching him like that... I was in deeper than I thought...
What happened to loving in silence...?
Could I really stay quiet with her clinging to him like that? Just thinking about it made my chest tighten...
But what could I do? She was a gorgeous girl, I couldn't possibly compete... And besides that, they were going to get married! I couldn't intervene... I had to keep quiet...
My heart leapt into my throat at the sound of footsteps descending from behind me. Do I even dare turn around...?
Thankfully, I didn't have to as a recognizable voice broke through. "Upset?"
I turned to glare at Sora, who was leaned against the doorway, smirking at me as his tail flicked behind him. He was amused?
After glaring him down, I turned back around to continue with the teaー but mostly to avoid looking at him directly.
"No," I grumbled, dipping the teabags in the water.
I heard a light scoff as he pushed off the wall and came towards me. I tensed, ready to avoid eye contact at all costs. My body jolted as he came close enough that his mouth was at my ear as he spoke, leaning against me by wrapping his arms around my neck.
"You can't lie to me, you know."
An involuntary shudder rolled through me. What was he...??
"What're you doing...? You're too close..."

"Listen... We're not really getting married."

My heart fluttered involuntarily. They... Weren't...?
I was so freaking relieved to hear that...
But why would she say that, then?
"...who exactly is she...?" My voice was quiet and wavering.
I could hear a slight smile in his voice as he responded. "She's a girl I grew up with. Our parents were friends and  they'd always joke about us getting married someday. Kyoko liked to take that as a promise."
Well that made sense... And it made me feel a little bit better. Besides that... Now I was thinking of Sora as a little kid. How cute would that be...
"I was adorable."

"Shut it."

Sora gave a light laugh before turning me loose. I was about to open my mouth to say something, when a shrill call cut me off.
"Soryyyyyy! Come over here!"
I tried not to roll my eyes, but Sora must've noticed. He raised a hand to ruffle my hair. "Don't let what she says bother you. Okay?"

"....okay...."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 411 49
"Promises are invisible ties, binding hearts with words unspoken." In a world shattered by tragedy, Sheira embarks on a relentless quest to unveil th...
19.3K 233 29
Loosing someone that meant everything to you is a hard obstacle in live. Sadness, loneliness, anger, and longing that fill the heart like water sp...
2.9K 97 38
(𝗧𝗮𝗸𝗲𝘀 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝗰𝗲 𝗮𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗴𝗼𝗼𝗱 𝗲𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗼𝗳 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗠𝗶𝗺𝗶𝗰) Skyelle Robyn had decided to visit the colorful city of Japan...
395 18 14
This is my first story written here, on Wattpad, plus, English isn't my native language, so I apologize for any spelling or writing mistakes in advan...