Innocent | narry au | editing

By FawnCat

Niall Horan was the perfect target for bullying. He was the happiest, most oblivious kid anyone had known. Ni... More

Innocent [NARRY]
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30- Part 1
Chapter 31- Part 2
Epilogue
SEQUEL

Chapter 5

40.6K 1.6K 734
By FawnCat

The following morning, everyone in school had heard the news about the fight. Whispers of many theories escaped each student's lips. Some say Josh went crazy, and attacked him. Others say they were arguing before Josh punched him.

But nobody knew the truth, except Josh. But Josh wasn't here anymore. They finally sent him away to get help.

Niall was nervous for school, his bruises hadn't gone away, but some of the swelling did. He pictured how Harry would react; he wondered if Harry even knew. His thoughts were confirmed as he made his way to first period.

"NIALL!" Niall heard his name from down the hall. Many gasps were heard, but Niall focused on the boy.

He hadn't seen the boy before, but somehow the boy knew of him. Niall turned to the him, "Yes? Do I know you?"

The boy shook his head, "I'm Zayn. I am a friend of Harry, speaking of who he's looking for you, but so are Josh's friends. So follow me."

His angel was looking for him? That was enough for him to follow behind Zayn. He was surprised Zayn had even come up to him, and talk to him. Did Harry send him? He decided to ask.

"Urm, Zayn..." He waited for the boy to turn his way. "Why were you looking for me?" He whispered. His lips were still hurting, so it pained him to talk.

Zayn shrugged, and gave Niall a crooked smile, "Any friend of Harry's, is a friend of ours." Niall felt his heart speed up, and it felt like his stomach did a flip. Friend? He had another friend?

"Who are the others?" Niall couldn't help but ask.

"Well, there is Louis, which he kind of has that know it all attitudes, but he's nice I promise. He's also really funny. He can make anyone laugh. Then there is Liam, which is my boyfriend. He's sweet, and caring, but can be very demanding, and sometimes rude." Zayn chuckled.

"We'll all get along fine. I promise. Harry has told us many good things about you." Niall smiled really big, his angel talked about him! He had friends!

Niall giggled, and blushed. It warmed Zayn's heart knowing he caused this young lad happiness. He felt sorry for him, though. Zayn, or anybody else in their group, had never seen, or heard of Niall, except Louis. Louis had classes with Niall all through elementary and middle school.

Louis was scared; he blamed himself for Nialls constantly being beat to a pulp. He had tried though, back in freshman year when he came out as gay.

"Hey! Leave him alone!" Louis yelled at Josh, and Nathan. Josh turned around, and chuckled. "Look, faggot. Someone has come to your rescue." Nathan burst out laughing, landing another kick to Niall's ribs. "Why would anyone help a faggot?" Nathan sneered.

Louis pushed his feet harder, as he ran towards them. His best friends were gay, and he couldn't stand by and watch someone get beat for their sexuality. Louis raised his arms, and pushed hard when he came into contact with Nathan's shoulder.

"I said, leave him alone!" Louis yelled out in rage. Nathan landed on his side, he winced when he sat up. He sent a glare, and stood up when he realized what happened. Nathan marched up to Louis, and grabbed his shirt collar. He lifted Louis up into the air until he was hanging.

"If I ever see you, or hear you, I WILL beat you into a bloody pulp. I don't even want you around this faggot, understand?" Louis gulped before nodding.

All he did was try to help, and instead he gets threatened.

Ever since then, Louis had been scared. If it wasn't for Harry, Louis would never be speaking to Niall. Louis had changed though; he had worked out, and gotten stronger. He was a lot braver then he used to be. The threat still waked his thoughts, though, but he realized that he needed to move on, and do what was right. Protecting the young lad was the right thing to do.

--

The rest of the walk was silent, the only sound coming from their shoes. Niall glanced at the watch on his wrist, and seen he had 15 minutes before the bell. He didn't want to be late, he would get a tardy. His first tardy.

"Harry!" Zayn shouted when he spotted his curly headed friend at the bench his group claimed as theirs. "I found him!"

Harry sighed in relief, and jogged to meet them half way. Harry brought Niall in a warm embrace, and held onto him tightly. Niall was sure his face was beat red, as he brought his arms around the lad. Harry was at least 2 inches taller then he was, coming to about his shoulder.

Harry pulled away, but held Niall within arms reach. He examined Niall's face, his face hardening with every bruise he seen. Harry was seeing red, he was beyond pissed, but he couldn't do anything about it.

"FUCK." Harry shouted as he spun around and walked back to the bench. Niall flinched at Harry's tone, and he hesitantly stepped towards him.

"Harry." Niall whispered, his voice was rough, and it sounded like he was losing it. "Harry, I am okay. Don't worry about me."

Harry spun around in rage, "DON'T WORRY ABOUT YOU? ARE YOU SERIOUS?!" Harry gave off a humorless laugh. "I was supposed to protect you." He said more to himself.

"Harry..." Niall shook his head. "You don't have too, really its fine-" "Its NOT fine, Ni! I made a promise that I wouldn't let anyone hurt you, and I FAILED."

Niall did the only thing he could think of, and that was to hug Harry. Niall wrapped his arms around the shaking boy, and brought him in a tight embrace.

After a moment, Harry returned the hug. "Harry, really. I'm fine. Josh is gone now. We don't have to worry about him."

"He won't be gone forever; Ni, and even so his friends are still here. I hear Nathan is taking over until Josh gets back."

Niall's whole body stiffened. Nathan was taking over? Nathan was ruthless; he didn't care about anything but himself. Nathan was dangerous, and he hated Niall, and his mother, with a burning passion.

When they were in middle school, their parents had dated, and dated for a few years. Nathan claims his mother had cheated on his father, but it was the other way round. Nathan was to stubborn to even realize that, so he took his fathers side.

Now, he was out to get Niall. Niall was scared of him; he had been in jail. Rumor has it he stabbed someone.

Harry felt Niall stiffen, and started to rub his back. "Don't worry Ni, I won't let anyone hurt you." He whispered. His voice was rough, but Niall could hear the promise in it.

Niall nodded against his chest. "Come on, Harry. Class is about to start. Don't want to be late." Niall pulled away, and took Harry's hand, leading him to class.

--

"Come on, Niall. It is time for lunch!" Zayn wooed as they walked out of 5th period together. Niall smiled, and followed along with Zayn. "Hey, we're going to stop by my locker real quick, Liam is going to meet us there."

Niall nodded, but he was nervous. He had never had more then 1 friend, and now he had 4. What if he messed up? What if they didn't like him anymore? So many thoughts were going through his head he didn't realize Zayn had stopped until he bumped into his back.

"S-sorry." Niall strutted, embarrassed. "It's cool, man." Zayn just smiled, and ruffled the boy's hair. Zayn understood why Harry had taking a liking to Niall. Niall was small, and fragile. He understood why he got the sense to protect Niall. He was like a younger brother, even though he had just met him.

Zayn just knew he wanted to protect him. Niall had a good aura around him, why would anyone want to hurt him? He didn't understand.

A minute passed before Liam joined the two. Zayn and Liam met in a quick peck, before turning to Niall.

"Liam, this is Niall. Niall, this is Liam." Zayn took Liam's hand in his as they were introduced. Niall almost cooed at the cute gesture, and he kind of wished he had someone to do cute things with.

"It's nice to meet you, Liam." Niall said in a small voice. Liam took in the bruises that covered most of Niall's face, and he too understood why Harry was acting the way he did. Niall reminded him of his younger brother, and if anyone hurt his younger brother, Liam would be there in an instance.

Liam gave him a smile, "Its nice meeting you, as well. Shall we go to lunch?" Liam asked. They nodded before heading to the cafeteria.

It would be Nialls first time stepping foot in it since freshman year, and he was nervous. What if people stared at him? He didn't like attention on him.

When he stepped through the double doors to the cafeteria, everyone stopped talking. The whole place went quiet, as they saw who it was. Niall immediately backed up, "Maybe I should go..." He mumbled, ready to turn around when an arm caught his.

"Don't be silly, Niall." Came his angel's voice. His angel wrapped his arm around Niall's shoulder, and led him to the table to the far right, as hushed whispers started among the other students. Niall could feel his face getting hot, and he felt stuffy. They were talking about him, and he didn't like it.

Harry would glare at anyone who looked their way, he didn't want anyone to look at his Niall. His Niall? Did he really think that? No, he just wanted to protect Niall. Right? Right. He thought unsurely.

He had just met the lad, but he couldn't quite place why he was suddenly so protected of him. He wasn't like this with anyone, though. He shrugged it off, maybe some type of feeling was there.

--

Question of the day; What would you guys like to see happen in the future chapters?

and please don't forget to comment or vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82.8K 833 20
Niall thinks he knows himself. Harry thinks he knows himself. But when they both have the same dream about each other, it will open an entire differe...
600K 19.4K 49
(completed) {BOOK 1} Niall Horan had it rough. From being sold at a young age and then being everyone's toy. It just seemed like he needed that littl...
130K 4.5K 65
Niall is a 23 year old that still lives with his parents. He works at major computer company called 'Styles Enterprises' based in London. His dad is...
36.7K 2.1K 52
Harry Styles is a wealthy business man, soon to be divorced by middle school teacher, Anna Lockhart. Harry knew Anna through high school, later marri...