Taming Lies (A Tom Hiddleston...

By Chelsea_Rena

"Love blinds you. One minute you're on top of the world with everything in the palm of your hand - and the ne... More

{ prologue }
one: truth be told
{meeting the demi-god}
two: behind his eyes tell my story
{coincidental}
three: anniversary of birth
{slow movements}
four: uneasy arrangements
{room service}
five: past becomes present
{rabbits and engagement rings}
six: the memory effect
{improvements}
seven: not exactly a fairytale reunion
eight: step one, we need to talk
nine: true confessions
ten: deep symphonies
eleven: heart of glass
twelve: red
thirteen: time to decide
fourteen: fears and phobias, forever and always
fifteen: the interview from hell
seventeen: calls at two a.m.
eighteen: time for change
nineteen: dancing on each others toes
twenty: yours truly
twenty one: caesar salad & superheroes
twenty two: reassuring hugs
twenty three: my lips are sealed
twenty four: a little party never killed nobody
twenty five : not just any dinner
twenty six: surprise, surprise!
twenty seven : like father like son
twenty eight: those three words

sixteen: child's play

5.6K 162 22
By Chelsea_Rena

Chapter Sixteen

Child's Play

The door was opened to our suite and I couldn't help but observe with astonishment. When I pictured the master suite in my mind, I wasn't expecting this. It was almost like the insides of a mansion was crammed into a hotel room. As much as it was beautiful, I struggled to keep my eyes open. Two hours stuck in traffic is not fun to sit through, and exhausting when you're the passenger.

"Wow..." Tom whispered, "I wasn't expecting this..."

I punched his arm, "You weren't expecting this? Then you would have no idea how I'm feeling right now!" Tom shot me a glance and grabbed my hand, whisking both of us into the apartment. My eyes pinpointed several painting and sculptures decorating the place, giving it a unique feel. I lost my footing and collapsed into the sheets of the king-sized bed. I disappeared into the cushion-like mattress and felt like the comfort had swallowed me whole, "I have never felt so tired."

"You're telling me," Tom chuckled, jumping onto the side next to mine. He flicked his wrist and lowered his eyes, a yawn escaping from him, "It's half-past eleven. No wonder we're exhausted." The doorbell rang and Tom leapt up, "That would be the bell boy," He stated, opening the door and retrieving our bags. Tom brought them back to the bed and placed the suitcase next to mine, "Get changed. It's probably best if we get some sleep; we have a big day tomorrow."

"You have a big day," I corrected, sitting up to unzip my suitcase.

Tom smirked, "Yeah, but you're coming with me."

"Touché..." I giggled, unravelling a nightgown from the depths of the case. I turned around to Tom and pushed his cheek, "Well, turn around!" I demanded. Tom gave in with a smile and faced his back to me. I slid my shirt over my head and slipped my legs out of my denim jeans, throwing the gown over my head. I faced Tom's back, "You can turn back around, but I have no doubts towards the fact that you looked."

Tom surrendered his hands up, shaking his head as a reply. He dragged his jeans off and slid the long pyjama trousers over his legs, looking back at me - topless. I tried not to drool at the sight of his chest and I raised my eyebrows, "You going to put a shirt on, Hiddleston?"

"I'd rather not wear one," Tom replied, trying not to burst into laughter. I rolled my eyes and gathered my hair up into a frilled bun, Tom slipping under the sheets. I followed him and shuffled closer to him; his arms wrapping around my small body. The covers enveloped me and caressed me into a cocoon.

I looked up at him and his eyes met mine, "You were going to tell me something..." I said, my voice muffled from being pressed against his body.

Tom opened his arm and I pressed my head onto his shoulder, his arm rubbing up and down my arm and towards my wrist. I felt quite warm against him and almost like it was a home to me, "Tomorrow," He breathed, the words almost not in existence, "Tomorrow the paparazzi will be there. A lot of people will be there. But we are not to hide, we are to show ourselves that we are heavily in love," he instructed, kissing my cheek, "And don't worry. I'll explain it all in interviews to come."

"Ok, that's fine with me..." I replied, breathless, "I was sick of hiding, and its great you're taking one for the team." The conversation died down as we both stared at the roof above us, caving us in. My hand reached out and I rubbed my fingertips back and forth on his chin, feeling his slight stubble. My eyes fluttered to a close and I yawned softly, "What about manage-"

"Don't..." Tom instructed, pushing a finger to my lips, "Don't talk about them. I honestly couldn't care less about them. They're pulling us apart."

I nodded, even know I had heard the information plenty of times, "What did they speak about?" I asked, "At the meeting?"

Tom didn't know how to respond at this point, so he just sighed gently, his fingers massaging a circle on my waist, "They said I had a month to decide over you or my career..."

"They what?" I exclaimed under my breath.

Tom shook his head and my eyes left the ceiling leaving me to stare directly at Tom, "But, you have this career, you're signed up for movies with some of the biggest companies and you're willing to throw that all away... for me?"

"I haven't decided yet, Avery, and now is not the time. I don't want to talk about it," Tom muttered, using his other hand to reach out and turn off the dimmed lights, "It's probably sensible if we get some rest. We have to wake up quite early tomorrow." The lights flickered off and Tom rolled over to face me, his arms wrapping around me. I nuzzled into his chest and my eyelids closed over, willing to get some sleep.

Fifteen minutes past and my eyes were wide open. I was hoping to get some sleep, yet it was almost impossible. Something was keeping me awake. I poked Tom's cheek softy, "Tom?" I whispered.

"Mmhmm?" He murmured, his low, sleep talk pretty much taking over.

I chuckled, "I can't get to sleep."

"Either can I..." Tom responded, still speaking in a muffled murmur.

I bit my lip, trying to hold this precious and strange feeling inside me. Tom met my eyes and pushed towards his lips, kissing him roughly. It was a heated exchange and both Tom and I didn't care. Tom's fingers slipped his hands under the straps of my nightgown, making me exhale as he brushed his fingers over my collarbone. Tom found my weak spot, making him grin with delight. As much as I didn't want to know where this was going, I kept it. I broke the kiss and I joked, "I don't think we have any plans to sleep tonight..." I hushed, his lips crashing onto mine once more.

***

The flashes from the cameras were blinding as Tom and I were brought closer together as we walked the red carpet. We couldn't walk five steps without a scream erupting from one fan or another. Paparazzi screamed questions in our ears but I brought myself to ignore it. His arms were wrapped around my waist and his lips closed towards my ears, "This is great."

I laughed, "If great is what you call 'intimidating', then sure! It's great!" Tom and I took a couple more steps and I directed my head toward the scattered girls behind the paparazzi, "You've got quite a fan base. Why don't you go over and say hi?"

Tom looked at me as he removed his arms from my waist, "You don't want to come over with me?"

I raised both of my eyebrows and tried not to shoot him a grin, "Tom, think about it. If I go over there, anywhere near your fans, I'll loose a limb..." Tom faltered for a moment and my palms landed on his back, "Go on! I'll be inside, ok?"

Tom nodded a response and slinked his way over towards his fans. I shot the cameras one last smile and disappeared into the building, where mot of the stars stop around, drinking champagne until they were called for a panel or an interview. My eyes widened as I brought myself to my inner fan; Benedict Cumberbatch? Julia Roberts? Daniel Radcliffe? Jesse Eisenberg?

"Avery?"

I spun around at the very mention at my name and Chris stood behind me, smiling, "I knew it was you! I would recognise your face from a mile away."

I blushed, "Hey Chris..." I grinned as he pulled me in for a small half-hug.

"You look stunning," He commented, staring at my red-salmon dress, "You like you could pass for an actress!"

I was literally stuck for words so I shrugged slightly after thanking him, "What are you doing here? Or, I mean, what are you here for?"

Chris ran his fingers through his hair, "I'm just here hanging out, I suppose. I'm going to talk briefly about 'Heart Of The Sea', maybe a bit of 'Rush' and 'Thor' as well... but other then that, I'm just here taking a stroll..." He responded like it was no big deal, "But Avery! Why are you here?"

I grinned, "Oh, you know... going to talk about my upcoming movie..." We then burst into uncanny laughter, both knowing that we would never see me go near a stage to act... ever, "No, I'm here with Tom."

"Tom, hey?" Chris asked, wiggling his eyebrows. We turned around to peer out onto the red carpet as Tom took photos and signed autographs in his dark, navy blue suit. He glanced at me and we shared an awkward smile after waving softly to each other. Chris chuckled slightly, "I've actually never seen the man so happy after you met each other again."

I looked at Chris, "Honestly?"

"Honestly," Chris confirmed, sliding both of his hands into his pocket, "I mean, he was great beforehand. You could never think he would have a lost wife and son. But now, he's just fizzing with excitement and happiness."

I smiled innocently, brushing my fringe out of my face, "Wow, that's... Really good to hear that. Thank you."

"No problem," Chris responded.

Tom spent more time with his fans, doing what every celebrity does. He took pictures, signed photos of himself, had general chats with fans. He was a good guy, and he would do anything for them. Tom walked off the carpet and over to me, a sympathetic look on his face, "I'm sorry, darling, but right now I have to go and do a panel for Crimson Peak..." Tom explained, glancing up at Chris, "Oh! Hello!"

"Hey there, Tom..." Chris grinned, shaking his hand and ruffling his hair. Must be some sort of thing they do, "Look, Avery's fine with me. I don't have interviews and all until later."

"Are you sure?" Tom asked, "Because the panel usually goes for an hour or so. Are you fine with-"

"Tom!" I exclaimed, mixed in with a laugh, "Go! Chris and I are fine!"

Tom nodded and hurried off, meeting up with Charlie Hunnam and Jessica Chastain down the hallway. I knotted my fingers together and sighed pathetically when he disappeared out of sight. I looked up at Chris who has a smirk on his lips, staring down at me, "Did something happen last night between you two?"

My eyes bulged, "N-No! Why?"

"Both of you are giddy..." Chris whispered, still smirking and keeping an inappropriate mind, "Very giddy." He then erupted into a large laugh after I reacted with my facial expressions. I tried to clear my name but Chris kept laughing, attracting the stares of others.

"Shut up!" I hissed, "And if we did, how did you find out?"

Chris just cupped his hands over his mouth and his cheeks budged with tears foaming in the corners of his eyes, "I didn't find out!" He responded, trying not to laugh again, "I was just joking! I didn't even know!"

{A/N}

Sorry if this was too short, I got a little bit of writers block through it. I can't wait for the other chapters though, they're gonna be amazing! Eep!

I love Chris in this book :D he's so funny and immature and childish xD

Ok. Please comment below what you thought, good or bad! I don't care just comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

198K 7.6K 57
Everyone knows these days would come. That our beloved celebrities were to be death threatened not only through via social media, but in real life...
264K 10.2K 40
"Have you ever had an angel walk your way?" • To fans, it seems Tom Hiddleston has always been single. But no one really knows the truth. Only one pe...
24K 822 20
Tom is a single dad, to a three year old, named Amber. He's a well known actor, trying to keep his small family a secret, from the media. As Tom's ca...
1.7K 213 36
Nothing is simple for Katie, she decides one night to leave her current life and start afresh to save her sanity. She has no plan, nowhere to stay an...