{coincidental}

"Tom Hiddleston..." Pepper murmured, tapping her chin with one arm and slipping into the cardigan with another, "It rings a bell. I swear I've heard of it before... um... Oh! He used to go to my High School!" She exclaimed, wagering a finger at me before turning back to her reflection. Pepper curled a lock of hair around her finger and cringed, "I don't know what you see in him, though."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I snapped, placing my hands on my hips.

Pepper raised her eyebrows as if it were the most stupid question in the world, "Um... He's ugly?"

I was taken aback by her statement, "Are you serious? He's so adorable and cute and funny and good-looking and... he's such a gentlemen..."

"Ok, ok..." Pepper laughed, holding both her hands up to surrender, "No need for the speech. Besides, not that I'm the one to judge. You're the one who likes him. I'm busy with Xavier..." Pepper lingered off into a lovey-dovey sigh and I just rolled my eyes pathetically. I grabbed my golden clutch that tied in great with my black and gold skater-like dress. The collar had a gold edging and the zip at the back matched with the same colour. My heels clicked thanks to my gold pumps that added an inch or two to my height and I hopped into Pepper's car. She came from quite a wealthy family, and I couldn't believe the fact that I was almost the exact opposite. I'm not poor, but I'm just not as rich as everyone else at this college is. 

"Avery?"

"Hm? What? Sorry?" I blabbered, snapping back into focus. The car was already in the road, making its way to the party. I looked across to Pepper who's eyes were practically glued to mine. I smiled sheepishly, "I didn't quite catch that."

Pepper laughed, resembling the tinkling of miniature bells decorated on a fairy's shoe, "I asked if you were ok! You were staring off into the distance, it was creeping me out!"

"No sorry, I'm just thinking..." I replied, twisting my bracelet around my wrist quite quickly.

Pepper frowned, "It better not be about-"

"Tom Hiddleston..." I sighed softly, before Pepper made the sound of a dying cat. I looked across to her in surprise and she kept her eyes on the road like nothing happened, "Come on, don't be so quick to judge..."

"His looks cannot be classified as 'cute' or 'handsome'. Only one man can wear curls like his and that's Heath Andrew Ledger!" Pepper exclaimed, fanning herself ridiculously, "He is perfect."

I shrugged, "Ok, ok, we all have our men. But do you really rate somebody on looks? You really have to get to know somebody to love them," I said directly to Pepper, "There could be such a man with the looks of a god, yet on the inside he is a selfish, cruel man. But then there could be the one man who doesn't look as good but has a heart of pure gold. I know exactly who I would be choosing..."

"Ugh, stop it with the Shakespeare, would you?" Pepper moaned, whining like a child. Shakespeare? Why does this women even bother spend her time at college? We soon pulled up outside the party, a few houses down, "We... are here... to have fun at a party. Not to recite poems from the 1500s." She snapped, parading out of the car.

I slid out after her and by the time I did that, she was well and truly inside. I followed after her, dodging cars and bottles littered on the ground. I pushed open the door that collided with someone's body, "Oi! Watch it!" They hissed.

"Sorry!" I apologised, scanning the crowd. At least one hundred sweaty, dancing bodies were crammed into a small, two storey house. It wasn't my idea of a party, but Pepper insisted I get away from the textbooks. I slithered my way through everybody, trying not to spark a fight. Everyone here was so arrogant and self-centred. I had already lost Pepper so I thought to my self that I should just take it easy at this party. 

I stumbled into the lounge room where I was hoping to sit down but my luck faded at the sight. At least five couples were crammed onto two couches, obviously busy exploring each other. I cringed at the sight and decided to go upstairs to take a look. A large, burly man stopped me, "No entry." He spoke.

"But I've got to sit down..." I whimpered but the man refused, asking me to turn around. When I did not do as I was told, he grabbed me by the shoulders and tossed me into the claustrophobic crowd. I collided into a tall, lean body and I squealed, falling into his arms on the way down. I squeezed my eyes shut and jumped back, "I'm so sorry, forgive me. This man practically threw me into you and I-"

"Avery?"

A familiar voice yelled my name over the loud, thumping music and I recognised it immediately. My eyelids shot open as quick as a gunshot and Tom stared down at me with his large smile. He laughed loudly, "I thought you said you see going somewhere with your friend?"

"And that somewhere is here!" I giggled; I was just as surprised as he was. Out of all of the parties on a Friday night in London, Tom and I (literally) bump into each other in the same household? What are the chances? "What are you doing here?"

Tom shrugged innocently, gripping onto his beer can, "Well, my friend practically dragged me along... But parties aren't really my thing. Not when I don't know anybody here."

I nodded, agreeing with him instantly, "That's exactly what happened to me. Pepper urged me to come and I'm not quite sure that I want to stay." This was true... somewhat. I was thinking a good party with not so many people and good music. I was definitely off the bullseye. 

Tom gestured to the front of the house, "Then let us escape..." He whispered in my ear with a smile, throwing the aluminium can onto the floor making a large clatter. I jumped and Tom threw his head back with a laugh, "Let's get out of here!"

I linked arms with his childishly and nodded, "Let's."