{rabbits and engagement rings}

"Seriously, Tom. I don't see why you're worrying," I chuckled, punching him in the shoulder as he adjusted his jacket, "There's nothing wrong with Graham."

"Graham sounds like an... intimidating name..." Tom whispered, rolling his shoulders.

I rolled my eyes with a smile, "You're so timid, you know that? You're like a... a little bunny rabbit!"

Tom looked across to me with a raised eyebrow, "A bunny rabbit? Really?" I nodded and he just shrugged, "Well then, I guess I'm a bunny rabbit. But can I be one of those really cute ones? Those rabbits with white fur and red eyes creep me out."

shuddered, "Oh god, you're not the only one." We then exchanged looks with each other and burst into laughter after knowing that we were now talking about rabbits. I knocked on the front door of Graham's and he yelled something through the door.

The door then swung open into the house and my older brother grinned, "Hey! Avery!" He cried, jumping forward to embrace a hug with me. Graham's grip was quite tight and he pulled away when he soon realised I wasn't the only one, "You must be Thomas! Avery's told me a lot about you."

"Is that so?" Tom laughed, accepting his handshake, "Please, call me Tom."

Graham nodded, "Ok, Ok... Tom. So! When are you guys getting married?"

"Grey!" I exclaimed as my brother burst into fits of giggles, "We only just started going out!"

Graham lowered his voice, still chuckling, "I was joking, Avery! God, she's a handful isn't she?" He asked, directing it to Tom, "Come on inside, you two! It's freezing out here!" I stepped through the doorway and walked down the hallway, stopping at the hooks to hang my jacket, "Shoes off!" My brother instructed, "Janelle! Avery and Tom are here!"

"Janelle?" I queried, slipping my heels off and leaving them by the wall, "Who's Janelle?"

"His fiancé!" A girls voice shrieked, appearing behind Graham and stepping forward so I could see her. Janelle's skin was dark and every strand of her hair seemed braided and fell towards her waist, "You must be Avery!" 

I gasped, "I didn't know you even had a girlfriend! But a fiancé! Oh my god!" I grinned, hugging Janelle, "Hello Janelle! It's really a pleasure to meet you!"

"And you're Tom?" She asked, gesturing to the man beside me.

"Hello," Tom replied, kissing Janelle on the cheek.

Janelle clasped her hands together, "It's cute that we've both got our men! Honestly, it's beautiful!" We then followed her into the kitchen where Janelle stirred something around in a pot, "I've got Ratatouille for dinner. That's fine with everybody, yes?"

"Great," I confirmed, walking over to Janelle to possibly help her, "May I see the ring?"

Janelle agreed, "Why of course!" She revealed her hand from the bench top and I took it in mine, admiring the ring. It glimmered in the light from above and looked as though it was worth a lot of money, "It came as a total surprise. We had been dating for two years until he popped the question. We were on cruise for my birthday and he just... bent down on one knee!" She laughed softly and poked my side, "Where's yours?"

"Mine?" I questioned, "My what?"

Janelle giggled once more, "Your ring, silly!"

I cleared my throat with the smallest smile, "Oh. Well, uh, Tom and I aren't engaged. We met each other at college no more than a month ago."

Janelle's jaw dropped, "What? You both look like you've been with each other for years! You're relationship seems so tight and... adorable..." I just laughed it off, directing my view to Tom. He spoke with Graham as they talked about who knows what and it got me thinking. What do I classify Tom as in my life? Is he just a fling? Or is he the man I could possibly spend my years with?

"Dinner!" Janelle sung, snapping me out of my heavy thoughts. I watched as she drizzled a sauce over the last plate and she hummed to herself as she set them on the food covered table. I sat down with my back facing the windows and Tom perched himself down next to me, "I really hope you like it."

"I'm sure we will!" I mused, "It looks amazing, Janelle."

Tom brushed his shirt and looked at the two on the other side of the table, "You folks don't say grace or have any pre-dinner rituals, do you?" 

Graham fluttered his hands, "Oh no, we're not like that. Why Tom? Is there something you'd like to do?"

"No, no. I just wanted to make sure," Tom grinned, "Uh... So! Graham! Avery told me you're a big follower of football."

Graham nodded, "Right on the money there, Tom! What team do you go for?"

"Liverpool," Tom responded cheerily.

"Atta boy!" Graham cried, wagering his finger towards Tom, "You're a good man, Tom. I like you already!" The table fell into an awkward silence and Graham swallowed his food, "My sister told me you were an... actor? What's that like?"

"Oh! You act? That's brilliant!" Janelle swooned.

Tom shrugged, "I do. I act a little and I really would like it to become a profession. I'd love to see myself telling my children that I worked with this director and played a character along side this actor. To become a well known actor... I'd just... It would mean the world."

Graham perked up, "You know I met Chevy Chase one time? I was in America for a gap year and I bumped into him at this really popular pub that worked up a name for itself. It was quite amazing, really. But, jee, he's really aged."

"Gosh, he's awesome!" Tom grinned with a wide smile, "That's really cool!"

"I said to Avery that you two look like a married couple! You're so close! How did you meet?" Janelle asked, covering her mouth.

Tom looked across to me and I smiled back, "Where do I start?"

My lips couldn't do anything else but perk up into a smile, "Well, I was studying and he just... bumped into me, I suppose. Then we met at a party later than night and decided to leave and... yeah. A few dates later, we began going out!"

"That's adorable!" Janelle squealed quietly, "I met your brother here at a Science conference at a college!"

Graham grinned and slung an arm around Janelle, "Well then I guess that college's across London must be visited by little Cupid every now and then. If I didn't go to that conference, who knows where I would be!"

Janelle agreed, "Or where I would be."

"We would all be without each other, wouldn't we?" I laughed, picking at the herb bread slice on my plate.

I looked up at Tom who hadn't taken his eyes off me since I spoke about how I met. He bent towards me and pushed his lips against my cheek, pulling away so we could embrace the beautiful gaze into each others eyes, "That is such a scary thought." He whispered.