Who Said girls Couldn't Play...

By herecomesdree

Delilah. A beautiful girl who just so happens to play football. She's a junior in high school and 16 almost 1... More

Chapter 1
copy rights
Chapter 2
Chapter 3: tryouts and troubles
Thanks!!
Chapter 4: Tylers P.O.V
Chapter 5: leaving
Chapter 6: what?
Chapter 7: woah
Chapter8:it's like a bomb went off
Chapter: maybe
Chapter9: maybe it'll be ok
Chapter 10: hope
Chapter 10 Part Two: Things May Work
Chapter 10 part 3:piece of art
Chapter 10 part 4: Dress Shoping
Chapter 11: Surprise!!
Chapter 12: What?!?!
Chapter 13: Moving On And goodbyes
Chapter 14: Homecoming Game
Chapter 15: Homecoming Dance
Chapter 16: ER
Chapter 17:Good news?
Chapter 18
Chapter 20: My New Room
Chapter 21: dolls, stuffed animals, and surprizes
Chapter 22: Something New
Chapter 23: Practice, Practice, Game
Chapter 24: Almost There
Chapter 25:Do We Win?
Chapter 26:Party Like There's No Tomorrow.
Chapter 27: Friends?
Chapter 28: France planing
Chapter 29: Leaveing For France
Chapter 30: The Flight
Epilogue
SEQUEL and other books

Chapter 19: Workouts With Gage?

4.9K 195 31
By herecomesdree

A/n MUST READ BEFORE CHAPTER! VERY IMPORTANT!!

I am honestly so lucky. This all started out as just something to fill up my free time and I honestly didn't think it would get this popular. I want to thank every single person Who has read my book, and who still is. After this I only plan on 11 more chapters. But I have an I'm operant question,

SHOULD THERE BE A SEQUAL? Comment if you think there should be.
---------------
It's been a week sense the game where I hurt my knee. The next champion ship game is in a week. I need to get ready. My knee still hurts but now I'm off the crutches. My limp is almost gone. I need someone to work out with though, someone to push me, to make me do my best.

I can now go back to school with my doctors permission. So I get ready and eat in 20 and I'm at school in 40 after I stopped to get a coffee.

I hop off my bike and look at the school. I don't know what people will say, it's all a guessing game.

I focus on taking one step at a time. Right before the steps that lead to the school I stop and fix my knee brace, making sure it's on tight enough.

I look at the school before sighing. I take it one Step at a time. I almost fall one the faith but someone catches me. I turn my head only to see a smiling Gage looking at me.

I blush slightly. "Hey, right when I need ya."

"You know it."

I smile.

"Do you think you could possibly workout with me?" I ask Gage hoping he'll say that he will.

"Of course."

Gage stands me up on my feet and gives me a small hug.

"How about we start today,after school, my house?"

"Sure"Gage replies,

"I'll see you then" he smiles and walks to his first class.

I walk through the halls slowly watching my leg , making sure I don't hurt it.

I stop by my locker and put in my combination. I grab all of the books and note books I need for my first 3 classes.

I get to the door and grasp the handle in my hand before turning it. I take a deep breath and open the door slowly and as quietly as possible seeing as I'm late and my teacher doesn't like late students.

I step inside the class room and then walk up to the teachers desk.

"Taking it easy on that knee I suppose?"he asks raising a brow.

"Yeah" I reply.

"Okay then go sit down."

I sit and for the rest of the class wonder why I wasn't given a detention slip like I normally would.

*time skip to lunch*

I walk into the lunch room and get a sandwich and a salad. I sit opposite of Brent and next to Zach and Gage.

I walk in and hear the usual gossip, or so I had originally thought.

"Taylor transferred." Brent says.

"Why?" Gage asks.

"He said that  he didn't like anyone here anymore" Brent replies with a slight shrug.

Then he looks at me and says, "it's his loss, you're great and anyone would be lucky to have you."  

I smile slightly and eat my bland sandwich. I am no longer hungry.

I look around at the table and then see who I have been dreading to see and dread to see everyday, every game, every practice. I see Zach.

He hurt me when I was weak, that was wrong, a way of foul play, maybe to mess with me, to get me off the team. Who knows, not me, I don't know.

I take out my phone as a distraction from everything that's going on. I unlock it using my thumb print and open up my text messages.
I have no clue who to text. I sit here looking at the same screen for 5 minutes. Then I get the bright idea to text tom and Jer but not in a group text. I send them both a different text. To Jer I say,'hey it's Delilah, what's up, what's swinging?', then to tom I say, 'hey it's the girl from the dinner, Delilah.'

I take two minutes until either of them text me back, tom is the first and he say he's in his art class and can't talk but he'd love to hang out later. Then Jer texts me and says "hey I'm just sitting in my couch, what's up with you?"

D: you know not much just trying to avoid and award situation.

J: well it's an honor to help, what's going on?

D: just some stupid guy.

J: I get it.

D: glad someone does.

The bell rings and I text Jer telling him I'm heading to art class.

Walking through the hallways is a boring task.
Until you get to the art hallway anyway.

The art hall way is painted with murals not and inch of wall that is left unpainted.
There's one of Walt Disney and his brother. There's one of bob Marley, there's one of a beach, one of a forest, a deer drinking from a small pond. Then one side of the hall is and abstract wall, every student sense 2000 has made one small part of it, one piece to a big puzzle.

I step one foot into the door of the art room when my energetic and happy art teacher runs toward me.

"I entered one of your paintings into the art show, you one first place.!!! They all loved it!! You won by over 100 points!!" She says her face and eye showing extreme happiness talking about it.

"Really!?!" I ask not really thinking that it could ever be true.

"Yes!!" They reply.

"Oh my god-sh, I meant gosh"
I say knowing my teacher is strict about that sort of thing.

After I sit down I just paint, I paint with a new determination. One to make me want to do even better then the one that placed first in the art show.

I'm not really Sure when it's finished because I just stare at it for a long time not knowing what exactly I painted.

The bell rings and I walk out of the room still puzzled on what I painted, knowing I've seen it somewhere before.

*after school, Delilah's house, before Gage comes*

I get on yoga pants and a sports bra and start with crunches. After about 300 my core is tired and Gage is here.

I open the door and grab 10 water bottles wanting to be prepared.

"Planks first?" Gage asks.

I nod and set a stop watch.

I try to distract myself in order for it to last longer. I play a game on my phone and turn on some music.
We hold out
For 3 minutes and 30 seconds.

Then we run for a couple of miles with stops because of my knee and having to fix the brace.

"What's next?" I ask.

"Um... Push ups?"

"Sure as long as it's not running."

I walk to a nice area inside the gym in my house. Gage follows suit and then we start.

I get to 40 and he gets to 45.

Then we ride the stationary bikes for 4 miles.

----
"I have never been more tired in my life" I say.

"Yeah, probably  because you haven't worked out for a week or so, and you woke up really early today."

I just chug my water as a response, Not caring if it drops out of my mouth And onto my clothes.

"You want to go get a coffee?" Gage asks.

"Can we both shower first? We stink"

"Yeah" he says

"Okay follow me."

I lead him up the stairs and into a spare bad room with an attached bathroom. There should be some clothes in the closet or dresser.

I close the door and walk into my room, pick out and outfit, take off all of the sweaty clothes and step into the nice warm relaxing shower.

-------

A/n seriously though,should I write a SEQUAL, there are only 11 more chapters in this book?

Love all of you thanks for reading!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Delilah By BT

Teen Fiction

696 0 21
"What are you doing?" I mumble through my mouth. "Waking you up." Charlie replies me casually. "You could've just shaken me awake or you know flick m...
5.7K 247 27
Levin is a good girl tangled up in a Ruthless Game. She has just joined a "new fancy rich-kid school" as she calls it. She misses her old life. Her d...
39.6K 905 24
Sadie Brown and Zack Williamson have been together for ten months. Sadie is kind, bubbly, and obviously faces struggles of her own, but is a generall...
3.7K 107 38
Jenny is 17, on the outside she is the typical cheerleader dating the jock. Shes popular and where she is they dont know her secrets and thats how sh...