Living A Lie (Completed)

By Mys_AJ

SECOND BOOK OF THE WEREWOLF PRINCESS SERIES! (Sequel to A Rejected Princess) I suggest reading that book firs... More

Living A Lie
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Author's Note
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Spin-off
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12. 1
Chapter 12. 2
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Not An Update
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Epilogue
BONUS CHAPTER
Riley's book

Chapter 35

43.2K 1.8K 104
By Mys_AJ

Audrey

Thomas quickly paid the check and we said goodbye to Christian. As we walked to the car, Thomas pulled the keys out of his pocket and held them out to me. I shook my head. "I'm tired. I'd rather just sit" I told him, moving towards the passenger's seat.

My mate apparently didn't like my refusal. He grabbed my wrist, stopping me from sitting down. "Are you mad?" he questioned.

I shook my head. "No. Just tired" I said, giving him a small smile. Truth be told, I felt a bit neglected. Sure, we spent a lot of the night talking. But there was a small part of me that was hurt that he had to stop doing something to answer his phone. And the fact that he was texting. Who the hell texts when they're on a date?

Thomas frowned. "Lying is a bad habit" he informed me. Thomas slightly leaned down to look into my eyes. "It was the phone, wasn't it?" he guessed. I looked away from him, embarrassed that I was getting mad over a phone call. He is an Alpha, it's probably business stuff. Being an Alpha is a full time job. "Drive back to the hotel. I'll show you what the phone calls were about" he offered, holding the keys in front of me.

Chewing on my lip, I slowly took the keys and moved to the driver's side. We didn't talk much during the drive. It was only Thomas telling me directions to get to the hotel. The air wasn't filled with tension, but it wasn't a relaxed atmosphere. I parked the car and we both got out. Thomas grabbed my hand before intertwining our fingers and giving me an assuring smile. The employees opened the doors for us while saying their usual greetings. "Thank you. Have a good night" I replied softly.

They smiled at me before closing the door behind us. We made our way to the elevator, and this time Thomas went inside with me. The seven floors passed by extremely slowly- or so it seemed. No one was even coming on the elevator, so we weren't stopped on the way up. "This isn't as romantic as I planned, but I'm still covering your eyes since it's a surprise" Thomas stated as we got to the seventh floor. He put his hands over my eyes and began leading me to the room.

I heard the beep as the key unlocked the door and he led me into the room. "Damn. I don't like it like that" he muttered from behind me. "Keep your eyes closed" he instructed. I tightly shut my eyes and Thomas slowly removed his hands from my face. I heard shuffling before it became silent. "Hold on" I felt the usual sparks as he angled my body. "Okay. Open" he whispered in my ear.

I couldn't stop the laugh that came out of my mouth. "That was kinda creepy" I informed him. I opened my eyes and turned to him as he began to roll his eyes.

Thomas pecked my lips and smiled at me. "Look" he urged, nodding forward. I turned my head and stared at the gift with a big red bow on it. "It's not the original one. But I-"

"Thank you!" I exclaimed as I turned around and jumped on him. I wrapped my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. He stumbled back a few steps, but managed to keep one hand on my thigh to hold me up and put his other hand on my back.

Thomas laughed. "It's not free. You have to sing me a song" he informed me. I could feel heat rise up to my face. "At least part of a song" he compromised. I hesitantly nodded my head and he set me onto the floor. A smile made it's way onto my face as I took in the sight of the black and blue stringed instrument leaning against the couch. "It's tuned and everything. The guy even said he left you a cape?" Thomas said, very confused.

I laughed, spotting the small stack of picks and the capo on the back of the couch. "It's a capo not a cape. It changes the pitch" I explained. "It looks exactly like the one that Keith got me" I said, running my hand on the smooth body. I carefully undid the bow and laid it on the couch. "What do you want me to sing?" I asked my mate as we sat down on love-seat.

He shrugged. "Just anything you remember" he said, giving me a smile. I pressed my lips to his for a few moments before turning my attention to the guitar. I placed the capo on, very aware of my mate's eyes watching my every movement.

I awkwardly strummed a few chords, making sure it sounded right. "I'm just playing you a verse and the chorus because it will be really awkward if you just sit here and listen to me play a whole song" I stated. Thomas laughed and nodded his head in understanding.

Taking a deep breath, I started playing. "My heart beats like a drum, A guitar string to the strum. A beautiful song to be sung. He's got blue eyes deep like the sea. That roll back when he's laughing at me. He rises up like the tide. The moment his lips meet mine" I peeled my eyes away from the guitar and looked at Thomas. He was already staring at me, and I continued to sing. "We may only have tonight. But till the morning sun you're mine, all mine. Play the music low and sway to the rhythm of love"

The lyrics fit perfectly for us at the moment. I stopped playing, but was still looking in my mate's eyes. "That was amazing" he complimented before kissing the side of my head.

"Not as amazing as you" The words just flew out of my mouth, but I didn't even consider taking them back. "That's why you had the phone calls?" I asked.

Thomas nodded. "The guy called to make sure we had left- that was when the guy was hitting on you and my car" Thomas huffed. He was like a child that didn't want to share his favorite toy. I couldn't even tell if he was more upset about the guy hitting on me or the guy admiring the car. "Then the call at the restaurant was the guy not being able to get into our room, so I was talking to the hotel manager. Then I was texting the guy to tell him how to set this all up" he explained.

We fell into a comfortable silence after he finished talking. I carefully set the guitar into the case that was sitting on the side. "Is there anything else planned for tonight?" I asked. Thomas shook his head. "I'm gonna get ready for bed" I announced, standing from the couch. "Can I have your shirt? It's comfortable to sleep in"

He pulled off his shirt before holding it out for me. As I reached to grab it, he pulled it away from me. "Kiss" he puckered his lips. Rolling my eyes, I pecked his lips before taking the shirt. "I'll be there in a sec. I'm have to call your mom"

"That doesn't sound right, but whatever" I chirped, going to the bedroom. I could hear Thomas chuckle before I got inside the room. After stripping my clothes off, I quickly changed into his shirt and plopped onto the bed.

After a few minutes, Thomas came in while I was about to doze off. "Your mom said to have a good time. Your dad said we can stay longer than a few days- if you'd like. Keith said he's fine and he won't tap into your mind while we're here. Your brother said he doesn't want to be the only one with a kid. All the girls said they need details. And my mom said she's still willing to babysit" he said quickly before catching his breath and closing the door.

I laughed, more awake than before. I sat up, blindly reaching for my mate. Chuckling, he grabbed my hand and allowed me to pull him onto the bed. He sat against the headboard and I climbed onto his lap. Wrapping my arms around him, I buried my face in his neck. "Thank you for dinner. And the guitar. And letting me drive. And this getaway. And you" I mumbled against his skin.

Thomas softly ran his hand through my hair with his other hand on the small of my back. "Anything for my little mate, but there's nothing really special about me" he stated.

I pulled away and looked at his face. "You're perfect. You're thoughtful, sweet, funny, a little goofy. And your hotness makes you even better" I said with a smile as Thomas laughed. "Sure, I don't agree with some decisions you've made, but no one sees eye to eye on everything. As far as I know, you're a really special person- especially to me" I admitted.

He pressed his lips to mine, causing me to feel his smile against my lips. I quickly pulled away so I could yawn. "Are my kisses boring you?" Thomas questioned, looking amused.

I nodded my head. "Definitely. There needs to be more emotion" I joked. Apparently, my mate actually took my advice as he pulled me back in for another kiss. He really put all of his feelings into it. It was filled with so many emotions.

Passion- like I was going to disappear from his arms. Needing- similar to how I need coffee in the morning. Trust- like I was an enemy that he just handed a gun to. Desperation- as if I was the last bottle of water and he was stranded in a desert.

I was so engrossed in the kiss, I almost forgot that I needed to breathe. We pulled away, both panting for air as we stared into each other's eyes. "Was that enough emotion?" Thomas questioned with a chuckle. I nodded my head, still trying to catch my breath. "We should sleep. You've had a long day" he said, pressing a kiss to my temple.

Nodding, I moved off his lap and laid on the bed. Thomas got up to shut the lights off before he returned to the bed and wrapped his arm around my waist. "Goodnight" I muttered, already half asleep.

I barely felt Thomas kiss my head. "Night. I love you" he responded.

"I love you too" Then I fell asleep.

***

I woke up before Thomas and laughed at our position. He had one leg hanging off the bed and I was laying on his other one. One arm was under my pillow, while the other was under his face. At least he's not groping me this time. I carefully slid off of the bed and watched him shift around before he continued to snore. I quickly brushed my teeth in the bathroom.

Going into the kitchen, I realized that we didn't even have anything to eat. A knock sounded from the door. I walked over, going on my tippytoes to look through the peephole. There was a worker with a cart that looked like it had food. I partially opened the door- with help from the chain lock. The guy avoided looking at me, but was still kind. "Good morning, Mrs. Laney. I hope I didn't wake you. I'm just delivering your breakfast" the worker said politely.

Smiling, I nodded at him before unlocking the door and allowing him to roll the cart inside. He kept his head down as he exited the room. I mentally slapped myself as I realized that I wasn't wearing pants. I probably embarrassed the guy and myself."Have a good day, Mrs. Laney" I smiled at him, not correcting my name.

I kept the food on the trays but poured myself some coffee. I leaned against the countertop as I waited for Thomas to wake up. I began to think about last night.

The whole 'I love you' thing. It was kinda blurted out of habit, but it was true. We both said it. I know that I really meant it- even if it was just an instinct to say it. I really love him. However, I don't want to bring it up in case he thinks it's too soon and it was an accident to say it or something like that. If he brings it up, then I'll tell him that I love him. But other than that, those three words were never spoken.

Either my thoughts occupied a lot of time, or Thomas woke up quickly. Anyway, the next time I looked up, my mate was walking out of the bedroom. "Morning" he came up to me and pressed a kiss to my temple. "Have you been up long?" he asked, peeking at the food.

I shook my head. "Nope. Just poured myself some coffee" I informed him, sipping on my drink. "Did you pre-order food?" I inquired.

Thomas nodded. "I pre-ordered breakfast. We'll go out for lunch and dinner when you get hungry" he stated, handing me a plate of food. I hoisted myself onto the countertop and began to eat. Thomas sat at the barstool next to me. "About last night" Thomas began slowly as he picked at his food.

My heartbeat increased. "It was fun" I stated with a smile. I wanted to slap myself. It sounded like we just had some one-night stand and it was the awkward 'forget this ever happened' talk.

"Not that" Thomas mumbled. He looked up from his food that he didn't even eat yet. "I mean what we said when we said goodnight" My breath hitched in my throat. I swallowed down my food and bit my lip. "I didn't mean to say that" he informed me.

I nodded in understanding. "I figured that" I said honestly.

He grabbed my hand and pressed his lips to my skin."It was bad timing. I wanted it to be romantic and shit when I said it. But it was just blurted out. And-"

"You do realize that I said I love you too, right?" I questioned. Thomas turned a bit pink as he nodded his head. "It was like an instinct for the both of us. But you meant it, right?" He nodded again. "So we both meant it. There's nothing to have a big talk about" I dismissed the topic.

Thomas stood up to kiss me. "You're amazing" he muttered against my lips.

I laughed. "I know I am" I stated, flipping my hair over my shoulder. Thomas rolled his eyes at me. "I love you" I sang. He smiled, pecking my lips.

"I love you too"  

__________

"People have always wanted to be recognized, and that's human nature. But people used to want to be recognized for their accomplishments, and now they simply want to be visible"
-Diablo Cody

You are all beautiful/handsome, amazing people. I know that I'm just some stranger writing some books on some website, and that I don't even know you personally. But everyone is beautiful in their own way- whether it be the way they speak, their appearance, their thoughts, their personality. There is something that makes everyone beautiful.

So pass on the message. Compliment someone. Tell someone that they're important to you. Bring a little light into someone's life.

Kayyyzzz Byeeezzz

~A.J.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

175K 8.3K 68
Book #2 of the 2&2 Novels I can't hear. I'm deaf. Now for a werewolf it sucks. You basically can be snuck up on at any second. Someone can be behind...
1M 48.8K 29
*Sequel to The Unnoticed Mate* *Can be read as a stand alone* ©MadnessReverie Highest Ranking #31 in Werewolf Hailey is a daughter of an Alpha and...
64.1K 4K 42
Secrets...in every family,friendship and relationship exists some kind of secret. They always find a way to exist,to manipulate and control someone's...
126K 6K 27
The day that changed my life was the day I ran from it all and made the hardest decision of my life. But I had too, I never got to chose as I was cho...