Forbidden Love at Waterloo Ro...

By imfeelinghappynow

When the Barry family move to Waterloo Road, Mr Byrne's daughter, Kaitlin becomes fascinated by the eldest so... More

Forbidden Love at Waterloo Road
Chapter 2: Going back to school and ending up in hospital
Chapter 3: The party and the kiss
Chapter 4: There's a first time for everything
Chapter 5: The return of an old face
Chapter 6: Birthday engagement
Chapter 7: Dad's opinion
Chapter 8: Sian's goodbye
Chapter 9: Exams and Easter holidays
Chapter 10: The school house
Chapter 11: First day blues
Chapter 12: Moving in
Chapter 13: Running away
Chapter 14: Josh
Chapter 15: First treatment
Chapter 16: Steve-O arrested
Chapter 17: Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
Chapter 18: Good bye father
Chapter 19: Wayne
Chapter 20: Kyle's back
Prequel
A Sequel
Sequel: Family is only skin deep
Family is only skin deep: Chapter 2
Family is only skin deep: Chapter 4
Family is only skin deep: Chapter 5
Family is only skin deep: Chapter 6
Family is only skin deep: Chapter 7
Family is only skin deep: Chapter 8
Family is only skin deep: Chapter 9
Family is only skin deep: Chapter 10
Family is only skin deep: Chapter 11
Family is only skin deep: Chapter 12 - Christmas!
Family is only skin deep: Chapter 13
Family is only skin deep: Chapter 14
Family is only skin deep: Chapter 15
Family is only skin deep: Chapter 16
Family is only skin deep: Chapter 17
Family is only skin deep: Chapter 18
Family is only skin deep: Chapter 19
Family is only skin deep: Chapter 20
Family is only skin deep: Chapter 21
UPDATE
Family is only skin deep: Chapter 22
Family is only skin deep: Epilogue
New story
10 years later

Family is only skin deep: Chapter 3

1.2K 16 3
By imfeelinghappynow

I looked at my clock, it was 12 o’clock at night and I’d heard Maggie go up to bed about 20 minutes before. I pushed the covers away off my dressed up body and grabbed my heels from the floor, quickly checking myself in the mirror I opened my bedroom door a crack and peered out checking nobody was about which they weren’t. I tiptoed across the carpet on the landing, the fuzziness scratching the bottom of my feet before tiptoeing down the stairs and through the hall, slowly opening the front door I slipped out and put my feet in my heels. I quickly but quietly as well ran up the drive of the school house and went along the street as a bus came, I noticed the bus driver stare at me as I got on the bus since it was a Sunday night but I’d agreed to meet him that night so I did, I liked him so I went. It had been 2 weeks since the “fire” and everything with Miss Spark, me and Barry still hadn’t officially gotten back together and I was getting bored of it so I went out on the town using my fake ID. That’s where I met him, in a night club the night I went out, oh he was gorgeous with his scruffy brown hair, his light stubble and his chocolate brown eyes, I couldn’t get enough of him so of course I was going to go back and see him.

When the bus stopped at my stop, I quickly thanked the driver and stepped down off the bus my heels clinking along as my dress ridded up a little. I was wearing a flared out, darkish blue dress with suede heeled blue shoes and a light blue clutch bag and bow necklace (http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=98498200) and I felt good in myself. I walked along the street, pulling out my fake ID as I went, I heard many groups of boys and men wolf whistle which just boosted my confidence as I neared the club I was meeting him in. For once there wasn’t a queue outside the place so I walked straight over, showed them my ID and they let me in straight away. Walking up the steps was like a dream; all along the walls up to the main area were lights and feathers like from a feather bower it was just amazing. I quickly scanned the room when I descended up and eventually saw him, he was sat at the bar sipping a drink, he seemed to make everything look sexy so I walked through the people and over to him.

“Come on, Kaitlin!” I heard someone shout and shake me; I managed to pry my eyelids apart and lay staring at Maggie’s face. She smiled when she saw me open my eyes then stepped away a little “Breakfast in 10” she said then walked out the bedroom, I looked at my clock to see it was half 7 so I grabbed my phone and checked it, smiling when I saw 2 texts off him. Missing you already xxxx read one and another which read Can’t make tonight, we’ll have to reschedule for the weekend xxxxx I wasn’t bothered about him cancelling on me, he had to work so it was fine but last night had been amazing and we pretty much officially got together, sealing the deal back at his place before I got in about half 4, narrowly missing Maggie seeing me. I for the second time that day pushed back my covers and got out bed, I trudged along the carpet and went into the bathroom somehow getting showered in about 5 minutes. Once I was dressed and had done my make-up and hair, it was half 8 so didn’t have time for breakfast. “Someone’s tired” I heard Kevin say behind me as I walked up the drive, I stopped and he soon caught up with me “Went out last night” I said, I looked down at the floor trying to keep my eyes from drooping and me falling asleep, I felt Kevin’s eyes on me but I didn’t look up as we walked in through the gates. Kevin soon ran off to go inside since he was helping with Breakfast Club so I went over to Rhiannon and our other friends and stood with them.

“Are you doing this apprentice thing, Rhiannon?” I asked my red headed friend as we walked through the double doors and into the school building, she looked at me and it seemed as though she’d just noticed the large bags under my eyes but didn’t comment on them “Yeah I am, you?” she asked and I just nodded as we went into our form room, I jumped onto the table and watched as Rhiannon handed something to Kevin then stopped listening since I was pretty much half asleep half awake. I looked up though, when Barry came in, he smiled at me and kissed my cheek once he’d come over. I didn’t object to what he did since I wasn’t making my new relationship so public well not yet anyway, I didn’t want people thinking I’m a slag or anything so I smiled and let him pull me onto his lap but again didn’t listen to their conversation about the apprentice thing, I just wanted to sleep really. I used the mandarin lesson as my sleep time, I sat down next to Barry and lay my head over my bag and eventually did get some sleep until “KAITLIN!” someone shouted and I suddenly felt a cold splash of liquid and I sat up to see Christine smiling at me, holding an empty glass as the whole class burst into laughter. I looked at Christine and gave her a dirty look before grabbing my bag and standing up “Where are you going?” she asked and I just walked past her before looking back again “Well I ain’t gonna walk around soaking wet am I?” I said and she laughed at me before letting me go, I stalked out the classroom and up to where I knew would be a towel. The nurse’s office. “Oh, what happened, Kaitlin?” I was asked as soon as I walked through the door to her office, I sighed and slumped down on the chair as she got me a towel and I explained what had happened in Mandarin class which gave her a laugh.

When the bell went for morning break, I met up with Rhiannon and we walked into the hall for the apprentice stuff, I don’t even know why I was doing it, I hated the apprentice I guess I was just doing it to get out of lessons. We stood with Dynasty and Kevin as we waited for Christine, Mr Lowsley and Mr Windsor; I had to say though they had out done themselves on presentation. I was on my phone texting him when the door opened and I shoved my phone away again when Christine and Mr Windsor but no Mr Lowsley walked in, I was about to turn to Rhiannon and say something when Sonya’s voice came “This is not a game” she said although we couldn’t see her and we all laughed she carried on “This is a competition from hell. From all corner of Greenock the best pupils are gathering to go head-to-head for the right to be called the Waterloo Road Apprentice Champion!” Sonya concluded and we all cheered and applauded as the curtains were drawn back and Mr Lowsley walked out, surrounded by smoke and a large Waterloo Road logo behind him. “Welcome to The Apprentice” he shouted to us all and we carried on clapping, I looked over at Christine and saw her roll her eyes which made me snigger and I raised my hands when she looked over indicating she should clap which she did. “All right everyone listen up. We are splitting the teams up by gender. Girls over here, boys over there” Mr Lowsley said and I went over and stood with Dynasty and Rhiannon as the boys disputed to the opposite side to where we were stood. “Right, each team gets £150. You have until 3:00 this afternoon to make as much money as possible! Minimise ya costs, maximise ya margins, it couldn’t be simpler. The team that returns the biggest profit wins. Right who are the team captains?” Mr Lowsley said, we all looked at each other, the girls looked at me and I shrugged about to raise my hand when Imogen called out “I’ll do it” I looked past Dynasty and glared at Imogen, I hated her I really did. “What a pair of twats” I said to Rhiannon when Connor volunteered to be captain for the boys and they both flounced forwards like they owned the place, Rhiannon looked at me and sniggered. “Uh, do we get anything when we win?” Kevin suddenly called out and I looked over at him, I had also been wondering the same thing just not brought it up. “Yes, you win tickets to a pop concert of your choice” Mr Windsor suddenly interrupted, I’d seen ‘Twinkle’ go to speak already so smirked at Mr Windsor butting in but looked away again when I saw Barry walk in. “You are kidding?!” Dynasty said after we’d all cheered and got excited “Yeah, unfortunately he is, the reward will be revealed at the end” Mr Lowsley said and I heard everyone groan but I wasn’t paying much attention as I watched Barry walk around the boys and eventually down the middle between both the girls team and the boys. “Have you started without me?” Barry said and I rolled my eyes, he knew he wasn’t meant to be here he just wanted to cause trouble for everyone which I did smirk at, just a little bit. I stopped paying attention after that and had to be pretty much dragged by Rhiannon before I started walking with her to wherever we were going with Mr Windsor, I did like Mr Windsor now that I thought about it, he was funny and sarcastic a little like me, I liked him a lot better than Mr Lowsley that was for sure. I sat down at a table and lay my face on top of my bag as the other girls came up with ideas of what we could do “Why’s Kaitlin even here, sir? She just wanted to get out of lessons. She hasn’t even contributed” I heard Imogen say after about 10 minutes and I looked up “I’m not death ya know. I ain’t contributing cause all ya ideas are crap. Why don’t we just do a bake sale or something, most of the twats in this school would buy any sort of food, even if it had been touched by you” I said to Imogen and she glared at me but I just smiled “That’s actually a good idea, Kait” Mr Windsor said and he wrote it down on the piece of paper clipped to the whiteboard and I gave Imogen a smug smile of achievement.

After some discussion we all got up from where we were sat and walked out the classroom, going to home mec. I walked with Rhiannon and Dynasty, Imogen was walking behind since I’d pretty much just stopped her from walking with us. “We could always eat what we don’t sell anyway” Rhiannon said as we neared the classroom, me and Dynasty looked at each other then across at Rhiannon “It won’t come to that, Rhiannon, don’t worry” I said and smirked at Dynasty before walking into the classroom and going over to a worktop with Rhiannon. I shoved an apron over my head and helped Dynasty and Rhiannon to dispute out the ingredients and equipment etc. before we all started on making the cakes, it was actually pretty fun as far as making cupcakes goes although me and Rhiannon did end up flicking flour at each other a couple of times earning us a “telling off” from Imogen. We’d been working on the cakes for about 20 minutes when Dynasty started working out the profit for how much we were selling them for and we eventually went out the room leaving Mr Windsor to look after the cakes while we went up to the IT lab to make some posters and banners and advertisement for the cakes. “Oh, Kaitlin give us ya phone a second” Rhiannon suddenly said when we were about half way to the IT lab, I looked at her then felt in my pocket for my IPhone “Shit” I said and ran back, I ran down the corridor and through the double doors onto the corridor the classroom was on. “Barry?” I said when I walked through to see Barry crouching down outside the other door to the classroom; he jumped and suddenly spun round before straightening up again. “What’re ya doing?” I asked and walked over to where he was stood, resting my hand on the door handle. “Oh erm nothing…” he stammered and I raised my eyebrow, I knew he was up to something but I couldn’t be bothered to argue, I was too tired. “Whatever, do what ya like” I said and opened the door back into the classroom, Mr Windsor and Mrs Windsor had been talking or arguing should I say and suddenly jumped and went silent when I walked in “Forgot my phone” I said and grabbed it off the side, I turned around and went to walk out again when I saw Kevin crawling on the floor “Whatever” I sighed and walked out through the door and past Barry “I never saw you here” I shouted as I walked back through the double doors and to the IT lab.

“Kaitlin are you not gonna help us at all?” Imogen asked me, I was sat at the table swinging back on the chair, Chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool, “Nope” I said and saw Rhiannon smirk at me as she sat down on the table beside where I was sat “Selfish bitch” I heard Imogen say under her breath and I let out a hearty laugh “Say it to my face not the floor” I said to her then got up from the chair and walked out with Rhiannon since everyone had done. I was walking in front with Rhiannon and as we walked down the corridor I saw Barry quickly disappear into another classroom but I didn’t say a word. The boys had apparently turned the ovens off and put salt in the cake mix, I don’t know I wasn’t paying much attention until Rhiannon grabbed my arm and whispered something in my ear, I nodded and went with her out the classroom, followed by the other girls going to the school house.

We quickly ran back to the school house after clarifying it with Maggie and started making the cakes again, we’d been at it for 5 minutes when Mr Budgen came into the kitchen and he eventually helped us do the cakes then suggested we sell them in town instead of school which we did. “What’s this then?” I heard someone ask Dynasty after about 10 minutes in town, I knew it was him but I didn’t turn around since I was helping Rhiannon “Cake sale, wanna buy one? £1 a cake” I heard Dynasty reply and I turned around, “Hey up” I said and walked over, he turned around and smiled at me, wrapping his arms around my petite body and kissing my cheek. I saw Dynasty, Rhiannon and Imogen watch me but I ignored them as I hugged him back “Give us a cake then, I gotta get back to work” he said and put a pound in the pot, walking off with a cake. “Who’s that then?” Dynasty asked and I turned away from her, ignoring her question and selling the cakes again. Once we’d sold all the cakes, we packed up all the tables and posters and banners and headed back to school “So who was that guy?” Rhiannon asked as we walked ahead of everyone carrying the empty boxes that we’d taken the cakes in “Just a guy I met” I told her simply, me and Rhiannon had gotten quite close since I moved into the school house, she was one of my best friends now but I didn’t want anyone knowing about me and him yet. “Boyfriend?” she asked me and I looked at her “Eh, maybe” I shrugged and she smirked as we walked into the school grounds.

“’ere Kait, come ‘ere” Barry shouted to me as we were waiting outside the hall, I sighed and walked over to him, leant against the wall. “Yes, Mr Barry? What can I do ya for?” I asked and he smiled “Look what your ‘Mr Barry’ found in naughty Mr Windsor’s draw” he said and pulled at a packet of pills, I grabbed it off him and read what it said, Viagra, and burst into laughter. “No fucking way” I said through my fits of spluttering laughter but eventually calmed down and gave Barry the pills again when Sonya came out and called us all inside. I sat down next to Dynasty, Imogen was on the other side of Dynasty and Rhiannon was next to me on the end of the table. We waited quietly for Mr Lowsley until he FINALLY came in after fixing his hair etc. outside the window where we could all see and all laughed. “Good afternoon teams” Mr Lowsley said when he sat down; we all looked at each other, the laughter only just dying down. “Good after, Lord Lowsley” we all said in unison. “Right, before we to the results, how do you think it went?” Mr Lowsley asked us all and we looked at each other in term, I personally think it went pretty well really apart from Barry and Kevin mucking up our first batch of cakes. “We had a setback early on, and I think we did really well to come back from it” Imogen said and I rolled my eyes in annoyance. “Right then, the results” Mr Lowsley said after the boys had had their turn to say how they think it went. “The girls…returned a profit of £95.60. Excellent effort” Mr Lowsley said and we clapped ourselves although I wasn’t really that interested, I just wanted to know who won and what the prize was. “But the boys, with minimal expenditure have taken it, with an impressive return of £132” Mr Lowsley said and the boys all clapped and cheered themselves, “Boys, you’re hired” Mr Lowsley concluded and I was getting bored now, I wanted to know what we were missing out on in terms of a prize. “Yeah but they only won cause they cheated” Dynasty said to the boys after Barry did the iconic ‘You’re fired’ to us “At least we can live with ourselves” Imogen said and again I rolled my eyes at her. “Right tonight there’ll be a barbeque at the schoolhouse, paid for by the start-up budget. The idea being that the losers would serve the winners by way of forfeit. However, we’ve decided to pick the names at random. Sonya?” Lowsley concluded and we all turned to Sonya as she opened the lid up off a tin and put her hand inside pulling out a piece of paper “Connor…Barry…and…Oh, Kevin” Sonya said and all us girls clapped and laughed at them “Get ya pinny on, Barry, you wanna borrow an outfit” I said to him and the girls laughed even harder as the boys looked down in embarrassment. “How about that? I heard a whisper about certain tactics that might’ve been used but, to be honest, I’m taking that with a pinch of salt” Lowsley said and again we all laughed.

At the end of the day I walked out the school grounds with Rhiannon and walked with her back to the schoolhouse, we descended up to my bedroom and I helped her to get ready and got ready myself (http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=98787918) before going downstairs and out into the garden where everyone was already. I stood with Rhiannon and Dynasty and eventually Imogen came over much to my disgust “Oi, Ramsey. Bring us a burger” I shouted and Barry came over with a plate of burgers and stood with us for a bit, I didn’t say anything but the other girls were sarcastically moaning about the service which I just got bored of and went over to Kacey, Harley and Lula. I’d been stood talking with those 3 when my phone vibrated in my pocket, That cake was delicious babe. Will meet you tomorrow, will text you where and when tomorrow too xxxx it read and I smiled before replying again.  

5+ votes for next chapter, after the next chapter I'll try and update every Friday

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 69 22
Leigh Blake is the newest NQT at Waterloo Road. She's the youngest they've had. Leigh keeps one thing hidden from the staff at Waterloo Road. She's...
481K 11.9K 87
When Zoe losses her parents what will she do? Go to live in Louisiana with her brother?, or be put in an orphanage?? ** If you don't like the story...
9.3K 159 20
Kenadee-Rose is Rachel's daughter. She's fiesty and has a very bad attitude. Kenadee got excluded from her private school which landed her in Waterlo...
2.1K 99 19
Grace Mason left school when she was fourteen. She got hooked on drugs. Now, she's back at the school. Grace is struggling academically. So Rachel e...