MANAN- YOU ARE STILL THE ONE

By zestysarah

Prologue- A group of people were making fun of a girl who was crying her heart out. All her dreams were shatt... More

MANAN- YOU ARE STILL THE ONE
CHARACTER SKETCH-
CHAPTER-1
CHAPTER - 2
author note
CHAPTER-3
CHAPTER- 4
CHAPTER-5
CHAPTER-6
CHAPTER-7
CHAPTER-8
CHAPTER-9
CHAPTER-10
SONG SELECTION
NOTE
CHAPTER-11
CHAPTER-12
NOTE
NEW COVER
CHAPTER -13
Proud Moment
CHAPTER -14
CHAPTER -15
CHAPTER -16
CHAPTER -17
CHAPTER -18
CHAPTER -20
CHAPTER -21
TEASER
CHAPTER -22
CHAPTER -23
AUTHOR NOTE-
CHAPTER -24
Good News
CHAPTER -25
CHAPTER -26
NOTE
CHAPTER-27
CHAPTER -28
CHAPTER -29
CHAPTER -30
CHAPTER -31
CHAPTER -32
CHAPTER-33
CHAPTER -34
CHAPTER -35
Note
CHAPTER -36
CHAPTER -37
CHAPTER -38
Note
CHAPTER-39

CHAPTER -19

5.5K 321 13
By zestysarah

Manik and Nandini were sitting in Manik's car at a secluded place .

Nandini was laughing heartily on some silly jokes being cracked by Manik .

Nandini controlling her laughter said holding her stomach - Hahaha.....Manik.... Bas ....Hahaha.... Mai aur nahi has sakti.....

Manik - Nandini ye wala joke suno. It's really good.......

Nandini - Nai nai. Bas bahut hogaya.

Manik looked at her face.

Nandini's face was glowing as she laughed.

Manik - Nandini....

Nandini - Hmm......

Manik - You look more beautiful when you laugh. Hamesha aise hi haste rehna.

Nandini - Agar tum aise hi jokes sunate rahoge to mai bhi aise hi haste rahungi.

Manik got lost in her beauty and unknowingly raised his hand and caressed Nandini's cheek .

Nandini closed her eyes to feel Manik's touch.

Manik then moved his hand towards her lips and waited for Nandini's reaction.

When Nandini didn't object, he took it as a yes from her and brought his face close to hers.

Nandini was breathing heavily.

Manik saw that Nandini was nervous and kissed her cheek instead of lips and moved back.

Nandini who was expecting the kiss opened her eyes immediately and looked at Manik.

Manik was staring at her.

Nandini saw his eyes full of desire.

She lowered her head and turned towards the other side.

Nandini selfthought - Nandini tu kya karne jarahi thi. You were ready to give yourself to Manik. Agar Manik apne aap ko rokta nahi to pata nahi kya hojata.

She looked at Manik and thought - Manik aisa kuch nahi karega jisse mai hurt hojau. I trust him.

Manik to decrease the awkwardness said- Nandini abhi Kuch ghante baaki hai subah hone me. Tum sojao car me. Mai bahar jaata hu.

Saying this he was about to open the door of the car when Nandini held his hand and said- Manik it's Ok . Tum bahar kyu jaoge. Tum bhi yahi Par sojao.

Manik - But Nandini......

Nandini - Manik please I insist.

Manik - Ok.....

Both of them rested their heads on their respective seat and closed their eyes.

Manik opened his eyes and looked at Nandini.

A smile crept on his face seeing her sleeping peacefully.

He kept on looking at her till sleep overtook him.

After few hours, Nandini woke up and looked around.

It was broad daylight.

Manik was not present in the car

She looked at the Time in the car and saw that it was 8.30.

Nandini panicked and got out of the car.

She looked around for Manik but didn't find him anywhere.

Nandini called out his name - MANIK.....

There was no response.

Nandini got scared and thought that Manik had left her alone at such isolated place.

Her thoughts were broken by a tap on her shoulder.

She immediately turned around and found Manik smiling back at her.

Manik - Nandini kya hua tumhe...... Itni Pareshan kyu lag rahi ho.

Nandini hugged him and said- Kaha chale gaye the tum mujhe chodke. Pata hai mai kitni dar gayi thi.

Manik - Nandini relax mai to bas chai lane gaya tha tumhare liye. See...

He showed her 2 small glasses of tea.

Nandini broke the hug and said- Chai????

Manik - Haan yahan se Kuch doori Par ek tea stall hai. Waha se laya hu.

Nandini - Tumne mujhe bataya kyu nahi.....

Manik - Batata kaise tum so rahi thi. And I didn't want to disturb your beauty sleep.

Nandini - Manik I thought.....

Manik - that I left you alone at this place and ran away. Tum bhi na Nandini. Mai meri car ko tumhare bharose pe chodkar kaise jaata....... I love my car very much....

Nandini got confused and then understood that Manik was joking.

She hit him playfully and said-MANIK.....

Manik laughed and said - Acha Chalo jaldi se chai pee lo. Then I will drop you to your hostel.

Both of them quickly had their tea and then Manik dropped her to the hostel and said - I will pick you up in an hour for college. So be ready.

Before Nandini could say anything he left for his house.

Manik reached his home and was about to go to his room when someone stopped him.

Manik turned and saw Nyonika ( his mother) standing in the hall .

Nyonika - Manik kaha se aarahe ho.

Manik - Tumse Matlab.

Nyonika - Manik watch your words. Don't forget that you are talking to your mother.

Manik rolled his eyes.

Nyonika - Kya chal raha hai tumhari life me. Kaha gayab rehte ho raat raat bhar. Kaha the tum kal raat. You know how worried I was.

Manik let out a sarcastic smile and said-

Oh Comeon cut this crap.

I know how worried you were......

Don't start this drama all over again.

Both of us know it very well that you never have and never will care for me.

So why pretend.

Aapko apni hi life se fursat nahi milti to aap mere fikar kab karoge.

Nyonika - Manik I am your mother for God sake. I do care for you. Tum samajhte kyun nahi.

Manik - I am not in a mood to argue with you. So mai jaraha hu.

He began to climb the stairs.

Nyonika - Manik stop right there.

Manik didn't listen to her and kept climbing.

Nyonika - Manik if you don't stop right now to tum jante ho Uske consequences kya honge.

Manik stopped and let out a helpless chuckle.

Manik -
I knew it. Aapse aur expect bhi kya karsakta hu mai.

Apni baat manwane ke liye aap Kuch bhi karsakti ho.

Fir Chahe usse kisiko hurt ho ..... You don't care......

Nyonika - Tumhe Jo samajhna hai samajh lo. Just sign these documents.

Uske baad tumhe yahan jaana hai tum jaa sakte ho.

Manik signed the papers without looking at its contents and went to his room.

Nyonika looked at the signatures of Manik and thought to herself -

Manik tum samajhte kyu nahi. Mai Maa hu tumhari. Mai kabhi tumhara bura nahi chahungi. Tum mere saath raho yahi kafi hai mere liye. Uske liye mai tumhari nafrat bhi seh loongi.

Then Nyonika left from there.

Manik went to his room and started throwing all the things here and there.

He punched the mirror and blood started to come out of his hand.

But he didn't care.

Tears were flowing down his cheeks.

He sat down by the wall and said-

Why Mom why?

Why do you do this to me every time.

I have always craved for mother's love since childhood but you never bothered about me. You were busy in your parties and meetings.

Now I have learned to live my own life still you are not satisfied. You always try to interfere in my life. Pata nahi kya chahti ho aap mujhse.

Manik sat there for sometime and then went to the washroom to freshen up .

Then he left for Nandini's hostel to pick her up.

Both of them left for college.

Manik was silent throughout the journey.

Nandini tried to initiate a conversation but Manik didn't reply to any of her questions.

Nandini to herself - Ye Manik ko kya hogaya. Thodi der Pehle to theek tha. Ab pata nahi kyu itna chup chap hai.
Abhi poonchungi to Shayad daant dega. Baad me baat karlungi.

Manik parked the car in the college parking and went straight to his class without looking at Nandini.

Nandini too went to attend her class .

After the class got over she got a message from Manik to come and meet him at the college terrace in 5 min.

Nandini rushed out of the class when she bumped into Dhruv.

Dhruv - Hi Nandini.

Nandini - Hi....

Dhruv - Nandini hamari preparation abhi baaki hai. So shall we continue it now....

Nandini's mind was occupied with Manik.

She said - Dhruv abhi mujhe jaana hai. Hum baad me continue karenge.

Saying this she rushed towards the terrace completely ignoring Dhruv.

Dhruv adjusted his glasses(spectacles)
and went away with disappointment.

Done with another update.

Hope you guys like it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.6K 3.2K 30
"I hate you...!" I gasped in a broken tone yet acting as strong. "You will hate me more, I promise I will make your everyday hell!" He warned in a na...
293K 2.5K 8
He looked inside through the window and his eyes widened in amazement as he saw her topless and braless. She was standing facing her back to him and...
482K 31.3K 38
A/N: Okay guys, I wrote this story 6 years ago, 2015. I was a 16-year-old kid at that time and this story isn't perfect. But it was a very popular bo...
59.7K 3.3K 7
✨""We spend our lives searching for meaning. Take a break. Let it find You.""✨ "I'm leaving!" She paused "I need a b...