Unexpected - (a one direction...

By katreiff

"Dear Journal,"... 7 year old Kati is leaving everything behind. She doesn't know why. Almost 10 years later... More

Unexpected - (a one direction fanfic)
Chapter 1- goodbye and what?!
Chapter 2- really?
Chapter 3- off we go
Chapter 4 -a new beginning
not a chapter
Chapter Five- forever in my memories
Chapter 6- L.A. baby!
Chapter 7- here i come
Chapter 8- happy as can be
Chapter 9- love
Chapter 10- and we're off!
Chapter 11- today is pah-fect
Chapter 12- first day
Chapter 13- hello
Chapter 14- It's really love
Chapter 15- Uh-oh
Andy
Chapter 16- plans
Story...
Chapter 17- the world knows
Chapter 19- friends all over
Chapter 20- down hill...
Chapter 21- moving on... sorta
Chapter 22- it's him
Chapter 23- Hanging out
Chapter 24- finding out
Chapter 25- just a dream
Authors note
Chapter 26- the last

Chapter 18- surprise, surprise

29 2 0
By katreiff

***Thursday, June 29th, 2012. 8:00am California time***

Kati’s POV:

I hear my alarm go off, annoying the crap out of me. I try slapping it several times, but it just keeps on beeping. I try to find the cup but instead I grab the lamp. Before I know it, it’s landing on the clock, killing it. I rub my eyes and sit up straight. Oh god. I made a mess. Oh well.

I roll out of bed and catch myself before I fall flat on my face. I walk to the bathroom and turn on the shower. I quickly strip and step into it. And to my surprise, it’s freezing cold! Ok! I am NOW awake!!!

The shower heats up fast and when I finish, I slip on a towel. I begin to brush my teeth as I walk into my room to get my new dress. That’s right. Today, I’m on Ellen… again!

I finish brushing my teeth, shove my dress, shoes, make-up, and jewelry into my bag and prance down stairs. I look like a mess but it is what it is.

I grab my keys and I’m out the door. Before I can get to my car, Devin pops out of thin air. He surprises me with a kiss and my favourite cup of tea. He’s so smart!

“Good morning beautiful! I got your tea! I will meet you down at the studio before it starts. You’re going to do great! Love you!” He kisses me on the cheek one last time. I laugh, shake my head, and continue to make my way to my car. I slid in, start the engine, and I’m off.

I get to the studio around 9:00am. Traffic is terrible right now. And I know it’s a little early for me to get there, but Becca is here so we can talk, eat, talk. That’s the girl life!

I walk in and Becca greets me with a hug.

“Hey babe! Alright, ready to go?” I give her a confused look.

“What? It’s only…” I check my hone clock, “9:13 am, I don’t have to be done until 12:30 at the latest.”

“Well, she pushed it back to 10:30, so we got to get ready… NOW!” She gets a hold of my wrist and pulls my to the make-up chair. She pulls out her big ass thing of ‘supplies’ and begins her ‘masterpiece’.

Harry’s POV:

“Alright boys, who’s ready… almost?” Louis asks. I take in a shaky breath. We all nod. Lou is just finishing up with Zayn’s hair so we are making perfect timing.

“Alright, Zayn. You. Are. Done!” Lou says as she finishes his blonde streak with some hairspray. He gives her a thumbs up and stands. I can see him checking himself out in the mirror. What a girl!

“Hey boys! How’s it going? You ready for the ‘surprise’?” Ellen walks into our room. It scared us but whatever.

“Yeah! Harry?” Liam asks, looking at me.

“I’m ready!” I can’t help but smile when I think that in just a hour, I will see one of my closets friends I haven’t seen in several years. I am so ready to surprise her!

Kati’s POV:

Becca finishes off with my final curl. One last coat of mascara and I’m good to go. (picutre of her outfit on my twitter: @zayngels63)

“Alright ladies! Kati, you’re on in 1.” The camera lady comes back to get me. I just nod and she scurries off. I feel Becca shove one last bobby pin in my hair.

“Ouch! That hurt!” I semi-yell. My British accent making me say hurt weird.

“Oopsies! Sorry!” I just laugh. I hear someone running in the background.

“Kati Wence, you’re on!” The camera lady told me then scurried off. I take several deep breaths, remove myself form the chair and walk on stage.

Ellen: Please welcome… Kati Wence!

I walk on stage, give Ellen a hug, then sit down. I wait for the crowd to quiet down a bit before I begin to speak.

Me: Hi! It’s amazing to be back.

Ellen: Well it’s amazing to have you here. How have you been?

Me: Fantastic!

Ellen: Well that’s good! And your dad finally got married. How was that?

Me: Yes, it was absolutely incredible!

Ellen: That’s good, that’s good…

She trails off. It’s been about 20 minutes. We laugh and laugh. Then she quiets down to announce something.

Ellen: So, your ‘brother’, Channing, has posted a video of you singing on YouTube. Do you know that?

Me: Yes. I was mad at him at first but then I thanked him because everyone was leaving wonderful comments

Ellen: That’s nice and you have a beautiful voice!

I can’t help but blush.

Me: Thank you! That’s really sweet

Ellen: So this now leads up to my dare. Can you sing that song for us?

The crowd goes insane! I want to, but can’t. What if they hate me?

Me: A-are you sure?

Ellen: Why not?

I nod, come to a stance and walk over to the stage.

Me: Alright, well this is Gotta Be You by: One Direction.

The strings start to go off in the background.

Girl I see it in your eyes you’re disappointed

‘Cause I’m the foolish one that you anointed with your heart

I tore it apart

And girl what a mess I made upon your innocence

And no woman in the world deserves this

But here I am asking you for one more chance

Can we fall one more time?

Stop the tape and rewind

Oh, and if you walk away

I know I’ll fade

‘Cause there is nobody else…….

Harry’s POV:

Ok, the nerves are officially in my system. I can’t believe she’s RIGHT there. Ok Harry, be calm. You are going to fine. It’s all excitement.

“You ok mate?” Niall scared the crap out of me!

“Oh ummm, y-yeah! I’m great.” I stutter and put on a smile. I hear him chuckle.

“Ok… what ever you say.” He walks away. I smile to myself and look in the mirror. I quickly give myself a pep talk

“On in 20 seconds boys.” The lady walks away. Paul hands us our microphones. We do some vocal warm ups and get ready to Blow. Her. Mind.

Kati’s POV:

One more, one more,

Can we try one more, one more...

Can we try one more time and make it all better?

'Cause it's gotta be you

It's gotta be you

Only you

Only you

Uh-oh. Here comes the high-note. I take a big breath in and then… my microphone dies. The hell? But someone is still singing. And it’s not me. It sounds like One Direction. I look at the crowd and they are all in shock. Did I miss something? I turn around as the crowd goes crazy and standing in front of me is… is… is…

Harry Styles.

******************************

A/N: Tell me what you think pleaseeeee!!! And check out my other story, Race to the Heart! It's in my profile<3 Love you all! Thanks for reading -Kat

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.3K 151 17
i wrote this 3 years ago so im sorry if u feel second hand embarassment while reading its a story abt 2 roommates falling in love
62.7K 1.2K 27
Hi, My name is Harry, Harry Styles from One Direction. I have hundreds of girls falling at my feet and yet i am still depressed. I am Gay and I have...
14.9K 301 36
I am poppy Edwards, this is my story about a boy who changed my life, I don't know how to explain, what or who I am? I guess once love and lust preva...
32.6K 595 71
Enjoy! :) I had fun writing them and I hope you have fun reading them! :)