Patient Love - z.m.

By meykemalik

*COMPLETED* Maura Isles isn't the typical girly-girl. She doesn't really care about boys, she isn't into boy... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thrty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forthy
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forthy-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Epilogue

Chapter Forty-Nine

199 11 4
By meykemalik

Chapter Forty-Nine

Maura’s pov

So that was surprisingly fun. I thought it would be so awkward, but instead, I had a great time. We talked, just walked through the busy streets of London.

We are currently walking over to the place of the accident, I don’t really want to face the place where I kind of almost died, and neither doe Zayn, but maybe together we’re stronger then we think.

He tells me how the situation looked, how my car was lying on the roof, how I looked and that the man who caused the accident only had a broken arm. I think of the accident, how fast everything went, how Zayn’s face was the last thing I saw. I look at Zayn and see how mad he is when he talks about it. The hazel color of his eyes is changed into a dark brown almost black one, his big hands are balled into fists, and he bites his jaws.

"Zayn, are you ok?" I ask seriously worried.

"Yes, can we go, please?"

"Sure" I say while we start walking away.

"I can't believe that you aren't mad at that man"

"The one from the truck?"

"Yes, he almost killed you! The doctors said that if the ambulance was a couple of minutes later you'd be dead"

"I know, Zayn, I know"

"And you're not even mad?"

"There is nothing that can be changed so why should I be mad?"

"Maura, you could have been dead, I could've lost you forever"

"Really, so that's what this is about? You?"

"No, Maura, it's just that if I were the one who got into a coma I would be so pissed off by that person who cost the accident. Knowing that I could have been dead, and that I would never be able to see my friends and family, to preform, to tell people how I really feel, to get married and start a family, and I can't see why you're being so cold about it"

"I know that, I know that I could have been dead, that I would never see you, the boys, Casper, Nick or Marcus again, that I could never sing, play guitar or piano, travel the world... But nagging about it doesn't help. Being mad at that man doesn't help. I'm totally fine now, I'm happy that I'm alive. I learned to be happy with all the things I have, all the people around me,  because one day, they will disappear forever, and never get back, and then I'll miss them, and regret the time I didn't spent with them" 

I have to keep myself from bursting into tears. We've locked eyes the whole time, and I can see he's worried, but about what? If I wasn't such a pussy, I would have told him how I feel, and I would have kissed him. But no, the world hates me, and made me a pussy.

"Oh my god, hi Zayn" some girls say.

He looks away and smiles friendly.

"Hello love" he says acting like nothing happened.  

"Can we get a picture?"

Zayn looks towards me, knowing that I just want to go home and cry.

"I'm sorry girls, Maura doesn't feel so good, and we should get home before it starts raining again" Zayn says while he lays his arm around my shoulder

"Oh, ok, get well soon" they say before we walk away.

"Thank you" I say soft while we walk back to the house.

-*-*-*-*-*-

Zayn’s pov

Gosh, what did I do? I should've thought about my words. I could see the tears coming up in her beautiful green-blue eyes. And then those fans... I love them, but they're not the best at timing.

Maura has been at the bathroom for the last twenty minutes. I'm starting to get worried, I don't want her to be upset.

"Maura...?" I say while I knock on the door.

"Go away, please, I'll be there in a sec"

"That's what you said twenty minutes ago"

"Zayn, not helping"

"Then open up"

I'm surprised that she obeys and opens the door. She looks up and her watery eyes lock mine. There is a black tear rolling down her cheek.

She knows that she doesn't need make-up, it's easier when you cry, and besides, she looks gorges without. I’ve told her many times before, but this little cupcake is too stubborn, which is cute.

I open my arms for her, because with Maura only hugs will help. I feel her arms grab my body while I hear her cry softly.

"It's okay, Maura, it's okay" I whisper while I put my arms around her.

"I'm so sorry for the make-up spots" she says after a while, and she points to the black spots on my white shirt.

"You know that you don't need make-up, you look perfect without"

"Then I’d have a butt face"

"You don't"

"I do… it’s actually just so I can ruin your shirts, but do you have make-up remover somewhere in this house?"

"Aha, logic, and I think we have, with Jessie, El and Dani coming over so many times"

"Okay, thanks" she says walking up the stairs.

"Wait, Maura..."

"Yes...?"

"I'm there for you if you need me, I got your back, always"

"Thank you Zayn, that's sweet" Maura says smiling really cute before she walks up stairs.

-*-*-*-*-*-

Maura’s pov

Meh, Zayn, why are you so perfect? I seriously don't know if I'm ever going to find someone more perfect than Zayn, probably not, so I'll just marry him, and name one of our kids Emily. Great idea Maura!

I walk into Louis' bathroom and after 0.5 seconds I've found the make-up remover. I whip away all my make-up and look at myself in the mirror.

Urgh, I hate my face without make-up. I look like I’ve been dead for a hundred years.

Wow, wait a second… did Zayn just said I looked perfect without make-up...? Well, I don't understand his description of 'perfect'.

I grab a new shirt for Zayn and something to clean the one I ruined, before I walk back downstairs.

"Zayn, brought you a new shirt, give me the other one" I say while I hand him the clean one.

"You don't have to"

"Give me the one I ruined"

"Ok, sorry" Zayn says while he takes off his shirt.

Dammit Zayn, where did you get those abs? Ok they're not big, but there are abs... And tattoos, oh my god, his arms. Geez Maura, you're staring, stop.

I quickly look away while Zayn pulls on the other shirt, and hands me the dirty one.

"You know we have a washing machine?" Zayn says while I clean his shirt.

"You won't get it out"

"We can at least try, it’s less work for you. And if it doesn’t work I’ll get a new one"

"Zayn, this shirt is fine, it's already clean, and you're not just going to throw away a good shirt"

"Really? Thanks" Zayn says, while I sit down next to him, "You want some tea?"  

"Yes please" I say while I look for a movie to watch.

"Milk and sugar, right?"

"Yup"

"You're so English"

"Sush, and give me my tea"

"Here you go, little London girl"

I take the cup and stick my tongue out to Zayn.

Urgh, he is so cute…. Even when he calls me ‘little London girl’

-*-*-*-*-*-

Zayn’s pov

I look to Maura from the corner of my eye, how she's watching the movie.  She looks tired, she blinks slowly and after a couple of seconds her eyes are closed. I almost forgot how she looked while she's asleep. Back in Australia she looked really happy, with a little smile on her lips. But now... She looks a bit worried, and there is also no smile on her lips.

Her head falls down on my shoulder and I put my arm around her. I wonder if she knows that I still love her, that I'll always love her? That I miss the times we've got in Australia, that I miss her hugs, her kisses, her love.

She slowly falls down and lays her head on my lap. I get her hair out of her beautiful face, and place my hand  on her sleeping body.

"Hello...?" I hear Harry yell.

"Hey, how was the training?"

He walks in lays his keys in the key bowl, and puts his phone into the charger.

"Good. I see you're living the good life?" Harry says while she points toward the sleeping Maura.

"Haha, no, we chilled a bit, went to Starbucks, made a little walk. We visit the place of the accident though"

"Really? Why?"

"Don't know, but yeah, it kind of ended up with a crying Maura"

"You're so stupid" Harry says punching my head.

"Thanks, love you too" 

-*-*-*-*-*-

Maura’s pov

I open my eyes and wonder where I am.

"Good evening sleeping beauty" Zayn says.

That's right, we were watching a movie, and apparently I fell asleep... On Zayn's lap, how embarrassing. I first ruin his shirt, then fall asleep during the movie…  

"Sorry" I say while I get up.

"It really wasn’t a problem, slept well?"

"I actually did"

"Hey!" Harry says while he messes up my hear.

"Hi, and thanks" I say fixing my hair.

"Had a good day with Bradford?"

"Yes, jealous?"

"Of course I am, you little love birds”

“Let’s just pretend you never said that”

“Well have fun doing the kissy-kissy think, I’ll be upstairs, good bye my lovers”

“Good bye my friend”

AN:

Aight sorry, the and is a bit weird. I know. I always try to end it with some thoughts and not with a conversation, but sometimes I don’t have any inspiration.

Oh well, Spain was awesome. But the fact that me and @dreamingonmyside have 1D tickets are more awesome. is there any1 here who’s going to Düsseldorf? Bc I am (: (HAHA LOL STILL CRYING BC OF THAT DAY LIKE SERIOUSLY, 2/7/14 WAS ONE OF THE BEST DAYS OF MY LIFE I FCKING LOVE MY FRIEND FOR GETTING FRONT ROW SEATS AND I FCKING LOVE ZAYN CAN'T WANT TO SEE THEM NEXT YEARRRR)

Might see ya there, well, hope you liked this chapter

Adios muchacho  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Camp Mofo By Jess

Fanfiction

3K 73 32
When Jess and her friends go to their favorite music camp for the summer she knew they would have a great summer. Then the kicker. One Direction is a...
6.8K 160 36
What happens when someone who doesn't believe in love runs into a world famous boy band who relies on the belief in love to reach out to their fans...
142K 1.8K 128
ᴏɴᴇ ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴍᴏғᴏ ʙᴏᴏᴋ. ᴀʟʟ ʀɪɢʜᴛs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄᴏᴘʏʀɪɢʜᴛs ᴀʀᴇ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴡʀɪᴛᴇʀs ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀ. ʜᴀᴠᴇ ғᴜɴ;) ♡♥♡♥ //completed// *new cover*
2K 47 23
Sequel to My Bandmates Girlfriends Sister! As the summer ends the boys finally go on tour. Can Becca stay faithful to Niall? Will Lexi and Liam be ab...