The Saint & The Sinner.

By NecromaniacKat

In 1990 Vivie Underwood learns she is pregnant after a summer in Des Moines, Iowa with a foul mouthed rebel t... More

Prologue:
Chapter 1: Unsettling News.
Chapter 2: Angels Lie to Keep Control.
Chapter 3: Welcome to Iowa!
Chapter 4: There's Something About Tali.
Chapter 5: Unwrapping the Mystery.
Chapter 7: Dirt
Chapter 8: Dangerous.
Chapter 9: No Being Buddy-Buddy on My Watch.
Chapter 10: Clarity.
Chapter 11: Is It Safe To Say?
Chapter 12: Stepmother-Daughter Moments Like This.
Chapter 13: Tali Marked.
Chapter 14: Like the Roar of Victory in a Stadium.
Chapter 15: Help Is On The Way.
Chapter 16: Just Tonight.
Chapter 17: The Taylor Standard. Vol. 1.
Chapter 18: Back From The Dead.
Chapter 19: Prendre La Balle Au Bond.
Chapter 20: Hmmm.
Chapter 21: Hesitate.
Chapter 22: See You Again.
Chapter 23: Gasoline.
Chapter 24: I'd Walk a Thousand Miles for Her.
Chapter 25: Imaginaerum's Wanderer.
Chapter 26: Alice & The Mad Hatter
Chapter 27: There's Always More To It.
Chapter 28: That's When Something Wild Calls You Home.
Chapter 29: My Demons.
Chapter 30: Irrational, Impetuous, And Intemperate.
Chapter 31: The Greatest.
Chapter 32: Dangerous Woman.
Chapter 33: The Taylor Standard. Vol 2.
Chapter 34: Come See My Golden Cage. Part I.
Chapter 35: Come See My Golden Cage. Part II.
Chapter 36: 'Cause I am a Lion and You are Dead.
Chapter 37: Be Strong, Believe.
Chapter 38: Wear My War Paint.
Chapter 39: The Taylor Standard. Vol.3.
Chapter 40: Nature vs. Nurture.
Chapter 41: There's No Need to Run and Hide.
Chapter 42: Trust.
Chapter 43: Awakening.
Chapter 44: Life is Such a Beach.
Chapter 45: Springboard.
Chapter 46: Sunflower Princess.
Chapter 47: Baby Fever.
Chapter 48: Sunshine + Fuckin Rainbows.
Chapter 49: I Forgive But I Won't Forget Your Name.
Chapter 50: Three Nights of Hell.
Chapter 51: My Lamb
Chapter 52: One More Light. Part I
Chapter 53: One More Light. Part II.
Chapter 54: One More Light. Part III.
Chapter 55: The Taylor Standard. Vol 4.

Chapter 6: One New Message!

395 21 4
By NecromaniacKat

|Corey|

I'd say the first day with Tali was a success. She and I bonded over a lot of things, she's almost my doppelganger and that's scary. I learned a lot about her last night; she's mainly like me in a lot of ways that I can't even comprehend. She did well in School; she just didn't attend a lot of it. She questions everything she's been shown or taught, and that makes me very proud of her. It shows she has a working brain. Although her main priority was partying and living her life in that moment, that's actually how she met Jesse. But I can't say anything since that's how I was when I was her age. She told me about some of the things Jesse did to control her and my hatred towards him only grew more and more with every event I learned about. It hurt me to know that even at such a young age, Tali has experienced things that she shouldn't have. She shouldn't know what it's like to be a part of an abusive relationship, or to know what it feels like to be treated that way. She shouldn't know what it's like to have to recover from that.

The anger that I'm feeling is 60% because she's my daughter, 40% because she's a person and as people a part of the human race, we shouldn't treat other each other like that. But the percentage consuming my brain the most is the 60% (obviously) where I've gone all giant, green angry superhero smashing everything in sight and yelling "That's my daughter". If I were to ever meet this Jesse guy, character, asshole, I'd look him dead in the eye and say "If you're man enough to put your hands on my daughter then you're man enough." And then I'd Hulk smash him. I'd be deemed Tali's superhero and she and I will only grow closer from there. Even though this relationship between us has just started I don't want it to end. I want to have a good relationship with Tali for her sake. She grew up without a proper dad and I need to make it up to her. I have a good relationship with Griffin and I want to have a similar relationship with Tali. She may not be a baby anymore but she still needs me.

You can safely say that throughout the night I'd get up and go check on her. It's strange to know that even though Steph is gone and Griff isn't here, I'm not alone. In situations like this I'm used to being alone but I'm not. Every time I woke up I'd make the trek up the carpeted stairs to the third floor to make sure she was actually here and I wasn't just dreaming. Sure enough, she was there every time. I even checked when I got up this morning; y'know, just to make sure she was actually there and I wasn't seeing things in my half sleep state. She was still there, but this time she was up and caught me checking up on her. She was sitting on her bed reading when I went up. I scrambled to come up with a story to cover up the fact that I was still in a state of shock and disbelief. Although, I think she saw right through me. Either way, she got up and came downstairs with me. I don't know what it is about Tali that has red flags risen in my head. There's just something about her that I can't put my finger on and it's driving me nuts. Is it her weight? Am I worried about her health? Am I worried she'll be bullied for being a bit thicker than other girls? What is it about Tali that I'm all up in arms over?

"So, what're the plans for today?" Tali asked over a bowl of Frosted Flakes. I looked at her from across the kitchen, pouring a cup of coffee for myself. Tali was sitting at the table with a bowl of cereal and a cup of coffee. She had thrown an oversized tee shirt on overtop of the tank top she was wearing, I'm not sure why but she did. She was busy scrolling through her phone. I sighed and shook my head at her.

"I have chores and running around to do this morning, then I'm meeting up with the guys for rehearsals." I made the list as short as possible, mainly because I didn't want to admit that there was so much still to do. I couldn't do a lot of the yard work yesterday due to the rain, but this morning it's bright and sunny, so maybe I'll be able to get to cut the grass and all of that adulthood fun stuff.

"Okay. What chores do you want me to do?" Tali inquired curiously, looking away from her phone which was sitting by her place. I brought my hot coffee over to the table and sat down. I was a little bit stunned by her inquiry. Usually kids her age have absolutely no interest in helping around the house and what not, but she actually wants to do something. Maybe she's just bored. I'm sure in Miami she had plenty of things to do and people to see. Here, she doesn't know anybody and from what she's seen, there isn't much to do.

"When we get back from doing errands you can help chomp down on some yard work." I replied honestly. I had a lot to do before Steph got back and before I left, I'm gonna need as much help as I can possibly get.

Tali finished her bowl of cereal and got up from the table.

"Well, if we're going out then I'm gonna need to shower first." She claimed going over to the sink. I had to twist around so I could see her. She rinsed out her bowl and cup before putting them in the dish rack to dry. I smirked evilly and shook my head.

"And who exactly are you trying to impress?" I shot at her jokingly. Tali's electric blue eyes landed on me. At first she was horrified that I said that then it became an unamused glare. She shrugged and made a disgusted face.

"No one, I just don't want to stink out the whole town." She replied trotting off out of the kitchen and up the stairs. I shook my head and smirked to myself, sipping the hot coffee. My attention was caught by Tali's phone vibrating on the table across from me. A very familiar fire exploded inside of me when I saw the same flash across the Blackberry's screen. Jesse had sent her a text message. A war started within me, I wanted to see what asshole had to say but at the same time I couldn't invade Tali's privacy. Not after what I preached yesterday. I didn't want to violate our trust already but I also wanted to see what he had to say. I already know he's a cock sucker but I want to know what exactly he's saying to her to make her pack her bags and leave the place she grew up. How bad is he to her?

Slowly, I reached across the table and pulled the cell phone towards me. I could faintly hear the water running from upstairs so it was clear to check, but I still felt bad that I was doing this. Tali really should put a password on her phone because it was all too easy to gain access to her entire world. It blew my mind; everything that was Tali was sitting at my fingertips, her musical taste, her pictures, her friends and social media, her messages that she doesn't want anyone to see. Everything was right here in my hand.

I went to her messages and saw a couple of new messages from her friends, but the latest one was from Jesse and it was from right now. I clicked on the message, completely ignoring the other texts.

Jesse Neisler: Tuesday, July 1, 2008. 1:34 p.m.

I'm sorry. Ok?

I didn't mean to hit u. U got me mad, babe.

U know exactly when and how 2 make me upset.

Tuesday, July 1, 2008. 3:52 p.m.

Did u srsly leave?!

Why is every1 tellin me u left 4 some dude?

Tali Underwood: Tuesday, July 1, 2008. 4:00 p.m.

How did u get my #? I changed it.

Jesse Neisler: Tuesday, July 1, 2008. 6:19 p.m.

I know. Come back so I can talk 2 u about that.

U can't just change ur # when we have a lil fight.

Who is this dude?

Tali Underwood: Wednesday, July 2, 2008. 12:10 a.m.

I'm far away from you. Now stop messaging me. We are not gonna "talk" when I get back. You fucking punched me in the face, Jesse. I am not your girlfriend anymore and I'll never be your girlfriend ever again. I deserve better than you.

Jesse Neisler: Wednesday, July 2, 2008. 2:23 a.m.

Listen to me u lil bitch. U better have ur fine ass back here by the end of today. Ur not the boss of this relationship. I am. I say when we're done.

Tali Underwood: Wednesday, July 2, 2008. 7:12 a.m.

Get over yourself. Stop trying to contact me and my family members or I'll be forced to take legal action. Goodbye Jesse.

Jesse Neisler: Wednesday, July 2, 2008. 8:30 a.m.

Fine u crazy bitch. Have fun fucking this fucking mystery dude's STD infected cock u skank.

I could almost feel my heart weep at the mere thought of Tali having to read these messages, knowing they're aimed at her. They made me really mad but proud at the same time. I was proud because Tali was not wavering in her choice to leave him. She told him to piss off and she knows, and verbally announced that she knew she deserved better than him. I was mad for the obvious reasons. This Jesse seems to think he owns Tali and that just won't fly with me. But what got me the most was; someone betrayed Tali and gave Jesse her new number. I know what it's like to have someone betray your trust and it doesn't feel very nice. Now I know why Tali ignored her phone for the most part last night.

I don't know what made me do it, or why I did it but the next thing I knew I had my phone out and I was taking down Jesse's contact information. I couldn't help but roll my eyes at the picture of the smug fucker in the contact picture. Blond hair, blue eyes and a Tommy Lee goatee; well isn't he a class act?

"Corey!" I heard Tali's voice bellow through the house, she was coming downstairs. I quickly closed the contacts on her phone and put it back on the table where she was sitting. She waltzed into the kitchen in a pair of jeans and a loose fitting tank top. Her blonde hair was hanging in heavy damp curls and waves around her radiant face.

"Have you seen my phone? Did I leave it down here?" She asked, looking around confusedly. I nodded up at her and pretended that what happened didn't just happen.

"Yeah, you did." I replied, reaching across the table to grab the phone and hand it to her. She smiled faintly and scrolled through it. It almost physically hurt to watch that smile fade into a frown. She was reading Jesse's messages. I got up from the chair, towering over her.

"What's wrong?" I asked as if I didn't know. Tali sighed, letting her shoulders rise and fall again, she shook her head and palmed at her temple tiredly.

"I recently changed my phone number and somehow Jesse got the new number." Tali's voice was low and soft. I could hear the tiredness in it. She just wanted Jesse to leave her alone and he won't. He thinks she's his property. He will do just about anything to keep tabs on her and that's not okay.

The idea slam dunked into my head like a redneck on the fourth of July, big, loud and hard to ignore. Granted, it was a good idea.

"Give me your phone." I requested and without even hesitating she handed it to me.

"What're you gonna do?" She questioned with rightful curiosity. Her eyebrows drew together as I shoved the Blackberry into my pocket.

"I'm gonna buy you a new phone. Don't give this number to anyone besides your mom and stepdad, and any other family in Florida. I'll program mine, Steph's and the guys' numbers into the new one when you get it. At least this way you don't need to worry about Jesse being an asshole to you." I loved this idea. I loved being able to go out and buy her something she deserves. Sure, I'm aware that this phone might be brand new but she needs a new one because some sorry excuse for a man has his head up his own ass.

Tali didn't say anything, she didn't protest against it. In fact, she looked like the weight of the world lifted off her shoulders. She appeared relieved. Without any warning she wrapped her arms across my back. She draped one arm over my neck and the other rested under my arm and across shoulder. She brought herself close to me. I could feel her heart racing against my chest. Her body quaked with sobs. Was she crying? Was she so relieved that she broke down into tears? I didn't know that something as simple as buying her a new phone would reduce her to this. I wrapped my arms around her and rested my hands on the middle of her back.

"You don't have to do that." She murmured against my shirt. I mindlessly rubbed her back and nodded lightly.

"Yes I do." I replied gingerly. Tali squeezed her arms around me tightly, burying her face into my collarbone.

"Thank you." She mumbled weakly, her voice reached a high pitch and shook. If I haven't said this before, I'm gonna say it again: If I ever meet Jesse, his head is mine. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.8K 2K 31
After the devastating loss of their parents, Ashley and Anthony Adams are left broke and homeless. Without any family to turn to after their move to...
9.4K 220 15
Corey Taylor fanfic. I don't own Slipknot or any of it's members. This is a work of fiction. Enjoy
13.5K 296 26
y/n had just moved to Des Moines, Iowa. The year was 1989 and she was just beginning as a freshman, it was hard moving away but she knows it was for...
11.4K 529 23
Sequel of 'The Difference Between You and Me' - Read that for this to make sense. It's been 14 years, since Corey last saw Cortney. Katie is 15 and...