Stand by You part 2 of 4

By chipotlepepper

Summary: In the world of Pokemon, from Kanto to Kalos and beyond: These are the ongoing tales of Jessie, Jame... More

Chapter 39: Out of the Woods?
Chapter 40: A Surprise
Chapter 41: Testing Bonds
Chapter 42: Progression
Chapter 43: Psychic Showdown
Chapter 44: Soul Connection
Chapter 45: Make Yourself at Home
Chapter 46: Getting Comfortable
Chapter 47: Standing Together
Chapter 48: Small Victories
Chapter 49: Dream On
Chapter 50: Lost and Found
Chapter 51: Family is Family
Chapter 53: Yellowstone
Chapter 54: Morning Drama
Chapter 55: On Our Way
Chapter 56: Let the Contest Begin!
Chapter 57: Trust Me

Chapter 52: Things to worry about

92 2 2
By chipotlepepper

James' nanny and Jessie were taking a break from shopping to have ice cream by the giant fountain in the center of town. Wobbufet and Gourgeist joined them.

"This is delicious!" Jessie exclaimed with her mouth full. "I haven't had ice-cream in months".

"Wobba Wobbufet!" the Pokémon exclaimed.

"Gour Geist Geist", said Gourgeist.

"I told you this was the best place in Kanto to get good cones", James' nanny replied.

"I have to bring James here", said Jessie. Her Pokémon both nodded.

"This place just opened up a few years ago, so I don't think James has ever come", she responded. "But I know he will like it".

"It feels really good to get out", said Jessie. "I love James and Annastasia to death but I missed going outside. James and I used to spend hours out on missions and we would always be outdoors. After spending the past few months indoors, I realized how much I really like being out".

"I can't picture James out on 'missions'. He used to cry whenever it rained", Linda replied. "And the only time he ever threw a tantrum was when he got a little bit too cold while playing in the yard".

"He still cries when it rains!" Jessie laughed. "Except now he has me to cry with".

"Wobba!" said Wobbufet.

"You two make a really good match", she complimented.

"Me and James or me and Wobbufet?" Jessie asked.

"I meant you and James, but I like you too Wobbufet", Linda replied.

"Wobba wob", the Pokémon responded.

"It always comes down to James and I", said Jessie. "I have gotten to the point where I cannot imagine my life without James. Honestly, I used to think relying on a another person the way I rely on him was pathetic and dangerous. But everything has changed, to the point where I don't even feel like the same person I was in the past".

"Speaking of that...." His grandmother started. ".....Has James proposed to you yet?.

Jessie nearly choked on the ice-cream she was eating. Wobbufet and Gourgeist patted her on the back in an attempt to help her.

"Was he planning to?" Jessie asked incredulously.

"He hasn't said anything to me. I just thought that you would have talked about it, considering all that has happened between you two recently", Linda responded.

"The thing is...James is terrified of getting married. One time he told me that he would rather jump off a cliff than tie the knot", said Jessie. "And I am not quite sure if he meant marriage in general or marriage to me".

"Well, if he said that, he has certainly changed his mind since. As much as I hate to admit it, James is a runner. He runs from everything. There is no way he would have stayed with you if you weren't he exception. Besides, I heard you two were planning on getting a house together so that you can be with one another. You two seem to be married already".

"You aren't the first person to point that out", Jessie replied. "I want him to ask me, I just don't think he ever will. Maybe I will ask him".

"That just how James' grandfather and I were. Paul didn't even propose to me. I had to propose to him!" she confessed. "That was very unusual back in the day. He'll never admit that I did that though".

Jessie laughed at this. "So I guess I'm not alone then?"

"Not at all", she replied. "And even if you don't get married, you still have Annastasia".

"I suppose you are right. Thank you for all that you have done for us", Jessie responded. "Accepting me in to the family, I mean. It must have been uncomfortable for you".

"You have it all wrong, dear. We love having you at the house. That's what families are for", his nanny replied. "We have been hoping for James to find someone to love. I hated the idea of him being stuck with that Jessiebelle. What makes you think we wouldn't like you?".

"I can think of some reasons. I'm dirt poor, a former drug addict/prostitute, I dragged your grandson into a life of crime, tried to steal your Pokémon twice, I got your son and daughter in-law arrested and now I am staying at your house with your illegitimate great-granddaughter who I passed my HIV infection on to", Jessie stated.

"Now, you know none of those things are really your fault", she told Jessie. "Except for the bit about stealing Pokémon, maybe. But you coerced into that too".

"Still, it's reality", said Jessie. "And the reality is that I'm a pretty horrible person".

"Now, you really don't believe that! You just had some horrible things happen to you. It's sometimes impossible to do the right thing when you are focused more on surviving than living. But things are different now, and everything is going to get better for you and Annastasia. You will all be fine, and we love having you here with us. Please don't ever think that you are unwelcome".

"Wobbufet" Wobbufet cried as he saluted Linda.

"Gourgeist", the pumpkin Pokémon added.

"I am so lucky to have people and Pokémon like you to help me keep myself together", Jessie replied. "Thank you so much for everything".

Jessie gave his nanny a hug. The Pokémon could resist and joined them.

"Is there anything else you want to do before heading back home?" She asked Jessie.

"No, I think I got everything I need and more", she answered, holding up her shopping bags. "As soon as James and I hit it big, I am paying you back every last penny".

"Do us a favor and think of it as an investment, not a loan", Linda said as she stood up.

Jessie and Linda headed back to the limousine and their private driver brought them back to the house. Jessie looked through the items she had gotten. Diapers, baby wipes, little spoons and plates. It was a sharp contrast to the items she usually went shopping for.

"I'm home!" Jessie called as she entered the house.

"Wobba!" Wobbufet exclaimed as he ran up behind her.

Woobat, Yanmega, Frillish, and Serviper came to greet her. They helped her take her bags.

"Where is everyone?" she asked the Pokémon.

Jessie, Gourgeist, and Wobbufet followed the others into the nursery. James was passed out on the couch with Growly, Aliyah, Acorn, Mime Jr., and Chimecho lying on top of him. Annastasia was asleep in her bassinet, her empty bottle sat on the coffee table.

"How cute", she sighed.

Jessie took out her phone and snapped a picture. She sent it to James. A moment later James' cell phone buzzed in his pocket, which caused him to wake up. He jumped up and the Pokémon sleeping on top of him were tossed to the floor.

"Mime!" Mime Jr. complained. Growly, Acorn, Aliyah, and Chimecho joined in.

"I was just taking a break", James said defensively as he looked up at Jessie. "The baby is fine, I swear".

"I know. I didn't mean to wake you up. I just got back. Check your phone", she replied.

James took out his phone and looked at the picture.

"Very cute", he replied.

He stood up and kissed her. She handed him a pint of his favorite ice cream.

"We got you some ice cream", she told him. "This place has the best cookie dough. They put extra large chunks in it"

"Thank you. I didn't know you were capable of being this sweet", he joked.

"You better be talking about the ice cream", she retorted. James just shrugged and tried to rip the top off the pint.

Jessie gave him a warning glare and then bent down to scratch Acorn behind her ears.

"Where are Lucy and Meowth?" she asked.

"I haven't seen them all day", he replied. He looked at his grandmother, who shrugged her shoulders.

"They didn't come with us", she told him.

"Did you see them, Wobbufet?" Jessie asked the Pokémon.

"Woba", he said sadly, shaking his head 'no'.

"Those two are always running off together. I wonder what they are up to", Jessie thought to herself.

"Vee vee!" said Aliyah.

The Eevee dashed towards the window and pointed her paw in the direction of the forest.

"I guess they went out to train", James interpreted.

The Eevee nodded her head. Jessie walked up to Annastasia, who was still fast asleep.

"I missed you", she whispered softy. "I got you lots of nice things. When you wake up I will show you".

"We should go. I don't want to wake her up yet. We have only been asleep for about twenty minutes", said James.

James picked up the baby monitor and everyone followed him out of the room.

Xxxxxxxx

In a far off corner of the forest, Meowth was giving Lucy guitar lessons.

"This sucks", she said, throwing the guitar to the ground.

"Be careful with dat! I only gots one of dose!" Meowth scolded.

He picked the guitar up and brushed the dirt off of it.

"Piano is so much easier", Lucy commented.

"Yous didn't seem like de type dat just gives up", Meowth retorted.

"I'm not giving up. I just want to do something else for a while. We've been out here for four hours. I'm hungry", she complained.

"Me toos", said Meowth. His stomach rumbled loudly.

"First one back to the kitchen is a rotten Exxacute!" she said playfully, taking off in a sprint.

"Dat ain't fair, you knows quick attack and I don't!" Meowth called after her. He swore he heard her call back 'then learn it dummy'.

Lucy came speeding into the kitchen. She collided with James, who was enjoying his new ice cream, and the dessert went flying.

"Vee vee!" called Aliyah.

Suddenly the ice cream bowl and all its contents were suspended in mid air. It floated back to the counter and placed itself back in front of James.

"Thanks Aliyah. That could have been disastrous. Imagine, an entire bowl of this stuff wasted. Once again you saved the day!" James complimented the Pokémon.

The Pokémon jumped onto his lap and licked the side of his face. Then she turned to Lucy.

"Vee Eevee eve", the Pokémon said to Lucy. "You should watch where you are going".

"Well no one asked you!" she yelled at the Eevee.

"What did she say?" Jessie asked.

"Forget it", said Lucy. "When is that Rumika girl getting here?"

"Her train arrives in less than an hour. James' grandmother is leaving in a few minutes to go pick her up at the station", Jessie responded. "Where is Meowth?"

"I'm here", Meowth called from the doorway. He was out of breath.

"What happened to you?" asked Jessie as she helped herself to some of James' ice cream.

"Dat Purrloin happened", he said accusingly, pointing at Lucy.

"I didn't force you to run here like a chicken with its head cut off", she retorted. She stuck her tongue out at Meowth.

"Did yous see dat?!" he asked Jessie and James.

"We didn't see anything", James and Jessie said in unison.

"Yous guys! Yere takin' her side now?! Can I at least get some ice cream?" he asked his friends.

"I got you some strawberry crème flavored. It's in the freezer", Jessie told him.

Meowth walked across the kitchen and opened the freezer.

"Danks, Jess", he said as he opened the pint.

"Half of it's gone!" he exclaimed.

"Wobbufet wanted some too", she replied.

"Wobbufet!" he yelled angrily.

"Wobba woobbb!" the Pokémon replied in fear.

"Don't worry, we got enough for everyone", said James' nanny. "It couldn't fit in the freezer up here so I put it in the one downstairs".

"Danks. I'll be right back", he told them as he walked towards the stairs.

"Where did you two run off to?" Jessie asked the Purrloin.

"As usual, it is none of your business", she replied.

The Purrloin walked passed them and headed downstairs.

"She is difficult to figure out", said James. "One minute she's sweet and the next she's nasty".

"She's not that difficult to figure out. She obviously hates me and loves you", Jessie responded. "Everyone else she is just neutral to".

"You do make a fair point", he replied.

When they finished eating, Jessie and James brought Annastasia back up to their room.

"I take it everything went well between you and my grandmother?" he whispered to Jessie.

"She is a very nice person. I wish I had family like that", Jessie responded.

"You do", he said as he wrapped his arms around her. "And you always will. I promise".

xxxxxxxxxx

Rumika and James' grandmother arrived at the house just as they expected. Jessie, James, Meowth, Lucy, Paul, and all of their Pokémon came out to greet them. Rumika wore a pair of jeans, red sneakers, and a simple t-shirt. She long red hair was in two braids

"Wow. She really does look like you", Lucy commented. "Except much, much younger".

Jessie gave the Purrloin the death glare. "Bad idea", Meowth whispered in her ear. "Remember, Jess is de vengeful type".

"I'm not afraid of her", Lucy mumbled.

"Thanks", said Rumika. "I think you are very beautiful. Especially your eyes. And your baby is really cute", she told Jessie.

"Thanks", Jessie replied as she smiled down at Annastasia.

"Come in for some tea. Do you have any bags you want me to get?" Paul asked.

"No. all I have is this one backpack", she replied.

Once they got into the house, Rumika pulled a laptop out of her backpack. She logged in as James' grandmother handed her some tea. She gulped it down gratefully and then wiped her mouth on her shirt.

"This tea is good. I haven't been able to afford any since I left the estate", she told them. "I have all the information we need in the computer. This computer is backed up to a disk and a usb, so you do not have to worry about losing anything".

Rumika pulled up a few photos of Team Firestar members. They were all different ages and genders.

"It can't be", said Lucy as she squinted at the screen.

"What's wrong?" Meowth asked Lucy.

"That woman! It's the one with the baby! The one who tricked me", Lucy tried to explain.

"What are you talking about?" Jessie, James, and Rumika asked together.

"Are yous sure 'bout dat?" Meowth asked her.

"Yes. I used to know that woman", Lucy told the group. Lucy explained her story as best she could.

"I wonder if that lab..." James started.

".....belonged to Team Firestar", Jessie finished.

"It probably did. They had tons of labs but none of their experiments were successful. That is why they relied on stealing from the other gangs", Rumika suggested. "I heard that all of the Pokémon they used ended up being killed".

"Den it's a god ding dat yous escaped", said Meowth.

"Yeah", she replied.

"Did whole ding is driven me crazy", said Meowth. "I wish dat dey could just leave us alone".

"That's unlikely", Rumika responded. "I hate to the be bearer of bad news, but unless we do something, you all are toast".

"Then we should definitely do something", said James.

"No shit Sherlock", Meowth replied.

"I wouldn't worry about it to much. I talked to Giovanni. I guess you told him I was coming here", Rumika said to Jessie and James.

"Yeah, we called him no long after we spoke to you", said James.

"So did I. He's sending me some equipment. I just have to show you how to use it", said Rumika.

"What kind of equipment?" asked Jessie.

"Mostly new technology that you've never seen before. It's hard to explain unless I have it in front of me. He sent a few Dragonite to deliver it, so it should come tonight by midnight", she explained.

"And dat stuff will protect us?" asked Meowth.

"It should", she replied.

"Dang. Life used to be so simple", he lamented. "Now weeze gotta worry 'bout all dis".

Rumikatalked to them for about another hour before retiring to her room, where shespent the rest of the day and night. Jessie and James spent the next few hourspreparing for the Yellowstone contest, which started the next day in Vermillion City.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.7K 1.5K 13
Ash has finally destroyed Team Rocket once and for all. His journey in Kalos has come to an end, but when his mom invites him back to Kanto, he can't...
4.5K 129 6
(If you're not reading this on Wattpad, you're reading an illegal copyright version of it) Although this is marked as complete I will still post and...
55.9K 1.5K 63
Misty moved from Kanto to Jhoto, because she trusted her sisters to take care of the gym. But an encounter which made her heartbeat faster. The boy w...
69.5K 2K 23
*ᴄᴏᴠᴇʀ ʙᴇʟᴏɴɢꜱ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ* COMPLETED! ✔️ ✨UNDER HEAVY EDITING ✨ ✨Previously 'Familiars'✨ "ɪ'ᴍ ʏ/ɴ. ɪ ʜᴀᴠᴇɴ'ᴛ ꜱᴇᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ʜᴇʀᴇ ʙᴇꜰᴏʀᴇ, ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴡ?" He...