The End || Meanie

By koreaweab

When you're dying alone, you wish for stupid things and a happy ending to your story. When you find a quiet... More

Crown of Stars
Tasting Sweet
To Be Different
Never Wanted
Favourite Quotes
True Meaning
Epilogue

Days Belonging

2.7K 151 110
By koreaweab

It didn't take long before Mingyu and Wonwoo became official. It wasn't like it made any difference to them, seeing as they still shared kisses whenever possible, and their dates were still the same leisurely days they had before. They still slept separately most of the time, but on Mingyu's bad days, he'd crawl into bed with Wonwoo and they'd sleep snuggled against each other. The only change that occurred was that they could openly be together, and the people around them now knew.

They hadn't announced it to the world, but, before long, the people around them started to notice the little changes in the way they stood next to each other and the way they caught each other's eyes. Soon, just about everybody knew and wherever they went, they would always receive comments on what they were like as a couple.

Most of their friends were unsurprised at the news. In fact, most of them had the same reaction; saying that it was about time, that they were happy for them and everything along those lines. Seokmin was especially ecstatic, claiming that he had bet on them getting together since the beginning and that Soonyoung owed him some money.

Even Jisoo, who Mingyu had thought would frown upon the relationship, congratulated them. He explained by simply saying that Wonwoo was no longer a patient and whoever wasn't a patient would be fine to have a relationship with.

Everyone seemed to have been able to see it from the beginning, and so Mingyu and Wonwoo were in for blissful days as soon as the word had gotten out.

Their only concerns were their families. While being so kept up with each other, Mingyu had completely forgotten to tell them about Wonwoo's existence, and Wonwoo had forgotten to tell his family about his real feelings for the doctor. Of course, either way, it would have come as a surprise, seeing as none of them had ever bet on falling in love with someone of the same gender before.

They put off meeting their families for a while, instead, deciding to take some time to just live together.

Things became incredibly domestic; Wonwoo began cooking alongside Mingyu, they went shopping for groceries together whenever needed, Mingyu would always come home to a messy house and his nerdy boyfriend sitting innocently before the computer.

They began to learn each other's little perks and pet peeves and day by day, they got closer.

Of course, fights were a normal thing, but they always occurred as teasing and bantering rather than actual manifestations of hatred. They mostly occurred whenever Wonwoo left his socks randomly around the house, causing Mingyu to rant on about laundry baskets.

They refrained from their teasing whenever they had people over, but sometimes it came out anyway, and their friends began getting used to the sight of them lost in their own world.

Seungcheol and his two kids, Seungkwan, and Hansol, were the ones who came over the most, and eventually the kids became attached to the two. Wonwoo was Seungkwan's favourite, and Mingyu was Hansol's favourite. Mingyu's loveseat became the kid's spot in his place.

Their other friends were always coming over to do anything, and although Mingyu would complain about his place becoming a hangout, he would always open the door to them anyway.

Eventually, the group convinced them to finally go to their families, and so on a cold week of early December, Wonwoo and Mingyu went on a road trip together, their ultimate goal being revealing their relationship to their families.

They went south first to Anyang city and stayed at Mingyu's parents' house.

The two were greeted warmly by both his parents, and by his sister Minseo. The town and house were exactly as Mingyu remembered, making it easier for him to show Wonwoo around.

The family didn't really question Mingyu bringing someone home, they just assumed he was a friend at first. To say the least, it was awkward when they told his parents at the end of the day and Mingyu could hardly sleep when his parents told him they'd take the night to think it through. His sister, meanwhile, told him it would've been fine because everyone had already guessed he was gay. Her words were strangely reassuring, and for the first time in a while, he realized how much he had missed his little sister over the years.

The feeling didn't last long, though. She ruined the moment completely when she mentioned that everyone had also guessed that he was a mindless idiot. Wonwoo had agreed, and Mingyu had shut himself into his room for the rest of the night, only agreeing to open up when they both apologized. He slept easily despite the situation, thanks to the two who were nothing but teasing and jokes.

In the morning, there was no shouting, denying, or shunning like Mingyu had feared, instead his parents accepting it by treating Wonwoo like their own son.

They spent four days with them, learning how to make kimchi and reminiscing about Mingyu's childhood years. They helped set up decorations for the upcoming festivities, and Wonwoo pulled out some of Mingyu's old belongings, handing them to him with a snarky comment.They went downtown with his sister often to go shopping and Wonwoo became close to her, enjoying the fact that he had someone else to bully Mingyu with. Dinners were warm and delicious, conversation topics usually revolving around what life was like after Mingyu moved away.

Wonwoo came to learn about Mingyu's family, and, by the end, he felt as if he was a part of it.

When they left, Mingyu's mom filled the car with food for the road, and his dad looked almost sad to see him go. Minseo, on the other hand, was crying quite a bit. Mingyu felt touched at first until he learned that the tears were for her new friend, Wonwoo, who was leaving her after having only known each other for a couple of days.

Mingyu couldn't be too angry, he was too busy being happy that his family had accepted them completely.

They left Anyang grinning, music playing softly through the packed car. Before long, they were back on the road, this time going towards Changwon, Gyeongsangnam. The drive from Anyang to Changwon would have been four hours but they stopped at multiple cities along the way, getting something to eat or going sightseeing at the popular resting spots. They stopped at Chungju to walk along the lake, at Hamchang to eat traditional foods and stayed at Daegu for a day to explore the city.

When they finally reached Changwon, it had been two days since they left Anyang. Everything was covered by a thin layer of snow, and the sky was hardly visible beyond the grey clouds covering it. Small snowflakes fell down softly, their presences hardly noticed because of their tiny bodies.

Wonwoo commented that on a day as lovely as that, nothing could go wrong.

Mingyu called him crazy for thinking that a grey sky could be considered a part of a nice day.

When they pulled up to Wonwoo's house, his parents were already standing outside expectantly, his little brother, Bohyuk, standing awkwardly next to them. As soon as Mingyu stopped the car, Wonwoo jumped out and ran towards his family. His parents ran to meet him in the middle, Bohyuk trailing behind them.

Mingyu got out but stood leaning against his car, leaving Wonwoo to see the family he hadn't seen in a while. He saw Mingyu wrap Bohyuk in a hug and although he looked unwilling at first, he let into it eventually, returning the hug with happiness written all over his face. They had a huge group hug, entrapping Wonwoo in the middle.

After a minute, his mother looked up and smiled at Mingyu. They broke apart and waved him over.

He realized that at the mention of his name, Bohyuk became rigid and stiff all over again.

Mingyu walked over uncertainly. He wasn't sure what it was that Bohyuk was so wary about, but he didn't want to have any bad blood with Wonwoo's little brother. He hesitated when Wonwoo's mother opened her arms for a hug, but he let himself be wrapped in her embrace anyway. She was small and easy for Mingyu to get around. He loved her hugs.

Afterwards, Mingyu greeted Wonwoo's dad with the utmost respect and professionalism. He seemed happy enough and kept thanking Mingyu for taking care of Wonwoo this entire time.

Wonwoo's father quickly ushered them all inside to escape the cold weather.

Bohyuk still hadn't spoken a word to Mingyu.

Mingyu couldn't fathom why, and whenever he attempted to start a conversation, he wouldn't even receive a reply.

He figured out soon enough, though.

When the five of them were enjoying the lunch Wonwoo's mother had prepared, she brought up the topic of them dating. Needless to say, both Wonwoo and Mingyu were surprised the point had been brought up without them even mentioning it.

It seemed as if the family had talked about it together before, and both parents had come to terms that whatever made Wonwoo happy was good enough for them.

Bohyuk, on the other hand, seemed to hate the idea of them being together. He argued that their relationship wasn't even allowed; he insisted that a relationship between a doctor would be too much for Wonwoo who was always playing between life and death.

Wonwoo became furious, asking what right Bohyuk had to decide what was and was not good for him. Mingyu had to calm him down, and the lunch ended early on a bitter note. For the remainder of the day, Wonwoo wanted to escape the house so they left to visit his old schools and favourite parks. They tried not to mention his little brother but he came up from time to time; as an idle thought or a voiced worry. They returned to the house with renewed energy and Bokyuk was nowhere to be found.

They had dinner without him, and his parents were worried when he didn't return even after they had finished cleaning up.

That night, they all went out to search for him, and even Wonwoo, despite having been angry at him before, searched fervently with worry. They split and searched different places, Wonwoo looking for him at the places he was most likely to be, and Mingyu searching the places they had been to that morning.

Mingyu was the one to find him sitting alone at the park solemnly. He remarked that the cliché trait must have run in the family.

He didn't say anything at first, instead standing next to where Bohyuk was sitting on the bench. He wasn't actually sure what to say really, he didn't know how to make Bohyuk understand what they had and what they wanted. Mingyu had also had the same worries when they first started off together, and so he understood why he was feeling that way.

It was clear that Bohyuk was just afraid for Wonwoo.

It took him a while before he was actually able to begin speaking, but when he did, he couldn't stop.

The message he relayed were all words about his feelings for Wonwoo, his days with Wonwoo, the promises he would keep for Wonwoo, the happiness he shared with Wonwoo, the things he would give up for Wonwoo.

Mingyu could only hope that Bohyuk would understand his sincerity and see that he would never let any harm come to his older brother.

Mingyu couldn't be sure what he was thinking, though, because with every sentence that he spoke, was met with silence.

Eventually, Bohyuk stood and began walking away.

Mingyu wanted to tell him to come back but refrained from calling his name. He followed behind silently, instead. At that point, Mingyu no longer had anything to say to him, and trying desperately to look for reasons to back himself up wouldn't make anything better.

While they made their trip back, Mingyu texted Wonwoo to tell him he was safe and at that moment, Bohyuk spoke up.

Mingyu found what he said quite heartwarming.

He said he didn't want to be against something that made Wonwoo happier than he had ever seen, and that Mingyu better take good care of him.

He ran off shortly after, not giving Mingyu a chance to reply. Either way, all he would have said was 'thank you', and he thought that he would have plenty of chances in the future to say it anyway.

That particularly long night ended with the moon showing up from behind the clouds, and the sound of an older brother scolding his younger brother.

The next four days that they spent there went a lot more leisurely than the first. This time, it was Mingyu's turn to poke fun at Wonwoo's outstanding qualities with his brother, and Bohyuk became visibly closer to Mingyu everyday. Wonwoo was worried that they would get each other in trouble.

Mingyu learned about their lifestyles and even got to take Bohyuk to school. Wonwoo's parents trusted him with the cooking often and they went off with him to buy ingredients from the market.

He was most excited when Wonwoo took him to Yeojwa stream and even if the cherry blossoms weren't in bloom, the sight was just as breathtaking due to the frost-ridden branches and the frozen water beneath them. Everything was glistening under the sun, and not a single cloud blocked out the crisp blue sky that day.

When they kissed under the arc of frozen branches, Mingyu etched the date in his mind as the most beautiful day of his life.

December 18th, standing next to Yeojwa stream with the only person he'd ever need for the remainder of his days.

The day they left, Wonwoo's mother was a mess and Bohyuk was back to how he had been the first day. Stoic, quite, and adverting from everyone's gaze. This time, Mingyu could tell he was sad to see them go. So he gave him the biggest bear hug he could manage and said that 'thank you' he had been unable to say before. The younger was making a fuss, clearly embarrassed by the hug. Mingyu took advantage of the blush rising on his neck and repeatedly told him how cute he was being.

Wonwoo pretended to wretch at the sight of the two of them, and everyone burst out into laughter and despite the cold breeze, everything seemed a lot warmer. Wonwoo's mother stopped crying and his father was grinning from ear-to-ear.

The three members all reminded Wonwoo to take care of himself and to eat well before they loaded themselves onto the car. They watched as the house and three silhouettes faded into small dots behind them, and they were back on the road.

Mingyu decided last minute that he didn't want the trip to be over yet, and drove them a little further towards Busan. Wonwoo tried to protest, but Mingyu insisted.

The drive wasn't long, lasting a little under two hours and Wonwoo managed to sneak in a nap while Mingyu focused on the road. When he woke, Mingyu was grinning in his face and the car was stopped in front of a modern hotel by the beach.

Mingyu began saying Wonwoo's name over and over until he got out of the car, bags in hand.

Mingyu was excited, and he was basically bouncing as he waited for the valet to come around the car so Mingyu could give him the keys. Once given, Mingyu grabbed Wonwoo's hand and was trying to run for the doors, but Wonwoo held him back, laughing at the taller boy who was prancing on the spot because he was being anchored.

Wonwoo let in a minute later, allowing himself to be dragged next to Mingyu's suitcase.

Inside the lobby, the two of them looked around in wonder, admiring the modern decor and the large windows that showed out to the sea. Everything was crisp and clean, with cutting edges.

Mingyu could hardly wait to see the rooms, and so left Wonwoo with their things so he could get them one. It only took him a couple of minutes and he came back with two room keys in his hands.

They went up immediately, the elevator taking them to the 25th floor where they found their room a couple of doors down. It was bigger than the two of them expected, and an entire wall was windows pointing towards the moving ocean.

Wonwoo didn't spend the time to enjoy the room, instead letting Mingyu do it for the both of them.

Mingyu fooled around for a while, checking out every gadget and checking every available cabinet. He revelled in the fresh sheets of the bed and couldn't stop talking about the quality of the room.

Once Mingyu had his fill of sampling everything the hotel room had to offer, they gathered their things together to prepare for a day downtown. They put their bags in a corner and left immediately for the city. The streets were busy, bustling with people dressed in multiple layers to fight off the biting wind.

They first went to eat, travelling from restaurant to restaurant in an attempt to find something worthwhile.

Mingyu and Wonwoo found themselves standing parallel to the exit of a noodle restaurant an hour later, facing towards the occupied streets of the city. They had eaten their fill and were now in search of something that only Busan would have.

Stomachs full, they went on to traipse the streets in search of a novelty store that might still be open. Most places were closing; locked, chained, emptying out. Only the occasional restaurant would be bustling with people, and the amount of drunkards they ran into was unusually high because of the food tents smattered around the streets.

Just as they were about to give up, Mingyu's eye caught a lit up gift shop on the corner of the street and they immediately changed directions, going straight for the lone store.

They just wanted something as a reminder of the city, just as they had done for the other places they had gone to previously. All they needed was one charm, stone, wind chime, or anything really.

The door swung open with the welcoming jingle of chimes above their heads. Sitting at the front was an equally as welcoming lady, smiling sweetly at them as they browsed for the perfect trinket.

They had to look around for a while, shuffling past the generic key chains and not-so-enrapturing postcards. They pointed at bobble heads as jokes and read inspirational quotes from old wall mounts.

The two finally decided on a wind chime made solely out of string and seashells. It was small but brilliant, decorated with conch shells and clam shells alike. The colours were arranged so that the shells that were tinted red eventually faded into shells of pure white, a pretty pink sitting between the two; a gradient of seashells.

They bought it without hesitation, watching as the store clerk packaged it away into a decorated gift box, taking it soon after to bring it back to the hotel.

On their way, they stopped at Gukje market, enjoying the sounds of Busan's dialect. It took them a while to find their way back, having gotten lost ever since they decided to wander the market. 

Finally, they got back to their hotel, illuminated now that the sun had begun to set. They refused to be sidetracked as they returned to their room, hands full.

They put their bags in a corner and sat on the bed together for a long while, just staring out at the ocean as they talked.

"You're an idiot for taking us out here when it's winter."

"I know, but I really wanted to show you the ocean and I didn't have the chance to before." Mingyu leaned over so his head rested on Wonwoo's shoulder and grinned. "At least it still looks nice."

"But it makes me want to swim." Wonwoo poked the edges of Mingyu's smile. "The only problem is, I don't want to die of hypothermia."

Wonwoo watched as Mingyu's eyebrows knit together as he thought, and the older moved his hand to poke them in turn.

"Let's go swimming," Mingyu said finally, sitting up straight.

"What?"

"Right now."

The taller jumped to his feet and grabbed their bags so he could go ruffling through them.

"I didn't bring swim shorts, so I don't know how you're going to work that one out," Wonwoo commented from where he still sat.

Mingyu didn't listen and continued to throw things around inside his suitcase.

"Unless you're going to do a magical act right here and pull my swimsuit out of a hat, I don't know why you're still going through your things."

He continued to shuffle things around, and to Wonwoo's surprise, Mingyu took out a beanie that looked stuffed, pulling from it his swim shorts.

"Abracadabra." The smile on his face was bigger than it had been before.

There was silence for a second as Wonwoo's eyes went back and forth from his swimsuit to Mingyu's face.

"What the hell, Mingyu."

"I brought it just in case."

Wonwoo raised his eyebrow at the beanie. "And just happened to have it shoved inside a hat?"

"Actually, what you said gave me an idea so I put it in there while my hands were still in the suitcase. I thought it would have been funny."

"You think everything's funny, Mingyu," Wonwoo said as he placed his feet on the carpeted ground to then stand up. He reached down to grab his shorts from Mingyu and looked at them for a second before giving his attention back to the man sitting on the ground. "Ether way, it's the middle of winter and the ocean looks like it's nearly frozen over. How do you expect we swim in those conditions?"

"Who said anything about the ocean?"

Half an hour later, Wonwoo and Mingyu stood before the indoor pool of the hotel, swimsuits on and towels in hand. It was tiny, about as large as the bedroom of their hotel room, so covering about 12 meters squared of the space.

"They probably didn't put too much effort because the ocean's right over there," Mingyu commented silently as they stared at the desolate pool. His voice echoed in the small space, and it just added to the pathetic feeling they both felt coming from the square of water.

"It's basically a puddle," Wonwoo muttered in return.

"A puddle you can swim in, though."

Mingyu peered over the edge they stood on, noting the colourful tiles decorating the bottom. He panned upwards, looking towards the walls of the pool to see if there was any indication as to how deep it really was. On the sides,were the characters: 2.5 M.

Mingyu backed away, looking over to Wonwoo who stared curiously after the taller.

"So? How deep is it?"

Mingyu shrugged with fake innocence. "No clue."

"For real? It doesn't say?"

Wonwoo stepped forward to confirm, his toes on the wet edges of the pool. Water lapped at his feet, eventually returning to the pool in small waves and leaving his feet shining under the bright round lights hanging above.

Mingyu began splashing his own feet noisily, attracting Wonwoo's attention back to him. He gave a laugh for seemingly no reason before he pushed Wonwoo into the pool singlehandedly.

The shorter tottered on his feet for a split second, but in Mingyu's eyes, his back arching, his feet leaving the ground and his arms waving wildly to regain his balance all seemed to move in slow-motion.

A terse shout resounded in the square space followed by a nearly deafening splash as the water swallowed Wonwoo whole. Mingyu threw back his head in laughter, already replaying the sight in his mind.

When he brought his eyes back to water, he was just in time to see Wonwoo's head break through the surface. His black hair was matted against his forehead, going far enough to just cover his eyes, and leaving droplets of water to trickle down his face.

Wonwoo took in a huge breath as he swiped his hand upwards on his face, sweeping his hair back at the same time. It stuck in that position, looking sleek and, somehow, professional. His facial expression, meanwhile, was unreadable.

"How deep is it, Wonwoo?" Mingyu asked in between his laughter. The words came out shakily, being affected by the way his body quivered in different directions.

"Deep enough."

"For what?"

When Wonwoo didn't reply, Mingyu calmed his laughing and turned all of his attention to the pool. He noticed for the first time how close Wonwoo had come back to the edge.

"To not worry if I'll hurt you."

"Wha-"

Mingyu was cut off as Wonwoo suddenly jumped out of the water, his body flying up the shortest distance, but just enough for him to be able to reach Mingyu's hands.

Wonwoo wrapped his fingers around Mingyu's wrists and pulled him down as hard as he could. Mingyu let out a rather unseemly high-pitched squeak while his body lurched forward, and his feet slipped off the edge.

He crashed into Wonwoo, and the two of them were engulfed by the chlorinated water.

Mingyu could hear bubbles and moving water, while he could feel Wonwoo's arms around him and nothing else. It was warm inside of his embrace, that's all he knew he felt.

Mingyu didn't even have to move before his head was out of the water and he found himself gulping down air.

Wonwoo let go while laughing, swimming away to the opposite side of the pool, a mere four feet away.

"You're such a fox!" Mingyu shouted into the air, wiping away the water from his eyes. He opened them, immediately searching to find the one who was laughing boisterously.

"You pushed me first, you weasel!"

Wonwoo was swimming in circles, having nowhere else to go but the corner that Mingyu wasn't in. It could hardly even be considered swimming, due to lack of movement and the little space he was covering with each paddle. To Mingyu, Wonwoo looked like a big fish trying to make the most of his small, round fishbowl.

"It doesn't matter who did what first, Wonwoo, it's who's the last one to do it."

Mingyu paddled over, and while Wonwoo tried to escape, there really was no way to slip past each other without having them having to touch.

Mingyu wasn't sure what he was going for, but he knew he wanted to get back at Wonwoo somehow. The only thing he could think of was to jump on him, and shove his head underneath the waving water. So that's exactly what he did, and really hard, too.

Wonwoo didn't go down without a fight, though.

Wonwoo rose his hands above the two of them, shoving Mingyu down equally as hard as he had been before.

Mingyu couldn't see anything, afraid to open his eyes in the fear that the chlorine would sting too much. The only thing he could do was hold on, and kick.

They began actually kicking each other, and at some point, what had begun as a little game of revenge became an all-out wrestle under water.  Mingyu's arm was wrapped around Wonwoo's shoulders, and Wonwoo's arms were around Mingyu's torso. They spun in torpedoes around the pool, different heads popping out of the water at different times. In between splashes of water, laughter, coughing, swearing, and two names could be heard over and over again.

The wrestle went on for what seemed like ages and finally, Wonwoo broke free of Mingyu's grasp, swimming over to the edge so he could pull himself out of the chaotic water. He positioned himself so he sat on the edge, legs still dipped in the water. His body was heaving up and down, a result of his heavy panting.

He shook his head, his hair fanning out and sending drops of water in every direction.

Mingyu imitated him from his spot in the pool, and afterward swam over so he floated in front of Wonwoo's knees. He folded his arms over them and rested his head on the pedestal he had made with their limbs. Mingyu tilted his head up and stared at Wonwoo through his eyelashes, while Wonwoo tilted his head down and looked at Mingyu with a sweet smile.

"This was a good idea," Wonwoo commented, his eyes following a water drop that traced the outline of Mingyu's nose. It trickled past his lips and fell soundlessly back into the pool.

"I know."

"We should go swimming in the ocean next time, though."

Mingyu gave a small chuckle, shaking both his floating body and Wonwoo's dangling legs.

"In the summer."

Wonwoo watched as another drop of water came free from Mingyu's hair, following the same path he had set his eyes on before. Wonwoo leaned in, watching as it trailed past his forehead and down around his nose. He stopped it at Mingyu's lips with a kiss, pulling back with a satisfied smile.

"Promise?"

Mingyu didn't really reply, but the way the edges of his eyes went up, and the way he smiled with all of his teeth indicated that yes, he promised.

Wonwoo pressed his forehead against Mingyu's, eyes threatening to cross because of their proximity.

"We should have an underwater kiss," Wonwoo muttered after a while, and Mingyu laughed, detaching himself from the cocoon of warmth they had created.

"You're such a cliché," Mingyu chortled. He grabbed Wonwoo's hands nevertheless, pulling him back underneath the moving water. They sunk together until they sat at the bottom of the shallow pool, lips pressed against each other's in the most cliché kiss of both of their lifetimes.

---

An hour later, they found themselves back in their room, bodies still dripping wet, towels hanging off of their shoulders. The two had left the pool begrudgingly, having been forced out by an employee who informed them that the pool closed at ten. They had been floating aimlessly in the water, flicking each other from time to time until it became another water fight.

Mingyu was especially upset when he didn't even have the chance to sneak in one more kiss before they left.

Now they were staring at each other, wondering what they should do now that the day had ended and time had flown past them unknowingly. They agreed on a movie and food that would be called up to their room once they were ready.

They took turns taking a shower, Mingyu going in first. Wonwoo had insisted because he took a while to bathe and he didn't want Mingyu waiting while he was still soaking.

Mingyu showered quickly, an image of Wonwoo sitting outside in the cold bothering him to hurry up. He went as fast as he could, wrapping a bath robe around him before he went back to the room.

When Mingyu came out, Wonwoo was holding the wind chime up to the dimmed lights, not even noticing that Mingyu had finished. He stood staring mesmerized at the sight of him, his mind tricking him into thinking that Wonwoo was actually glowing against his backdrop.

As surreptitiously as possible, the taller reached for his phone and took photos of his gown-clad boyfriend, the view of the ocean glowing behind him. Each photo was taken as the camera came into focus, the blurred outlines of Wonwoo sharpening into the figure that Mingyu knew so deeply.

Mingyu took steps closer, snapping pictures with each step. When he was five steps away, Wonwoo noticed the sneaking photographer and gave him a smile. Mingyu took a picture right then and watched as that moment froze for him, being put away into his phone for him to go back to whenever he needed. Mingyu continued taking pictures as he inched closer, Wonwoo's giddy expression becoming one of confusion. They were separated only by Mingyu's phone now, the screen showing nothing but a dark close-up of Wonwoo's skin.

He lowered it, his eyes flitting from Wonwoo's lips to his eyes, taking in his entire face before he leaned in to kiss him. It started sweet and slow, but then started to grow more intense as tongues pushed against lips and teeth grazed against skin.

Soon, Mingyu's hands were ghosting under the fabric of Wonwoo's gown, pushing it away, untying it, abandoning it on the floor. He couldn't see it, but he felt the same happening to his own, and the robes were now both tangled in a pile on the floor, crisp white against the contrasting carpet. The two hardly paused to breathe, only stopping to admire each other before they sunk onto the sheets, hands exploring and lips travelling to every high and low.

Mingyu's mind wasn't registering what he was doing or what was happening, but he didn't need to. His body moved on its own, doing what he wanted and needed, while Wonwoo did the rest for him.

Mingyu breathed in everything Wonwoo was, and Wonwoo breathed out everything Mingyu gave him in passionate words and his whispered name.

In no time at all there was no space left between them for anything else in the world, and the only thing that existed was their touches.

--

Mingyu woke to sunlight in his eyes and a body that still smelled like chlorine. He was more content and warm than he had ever been in his life and he gladly let a smile trace his lips as he pressed a kiss into Wonwoo's dark, tangled hair. Wonwoo stirred against his side before he turned, eyelids fluttering open to meet Mingyu's. The light filtering in from the window kissed at the edges of his body, making him even more beautiful than he had been before.

"Good morning," They both whispered to each other, letting the words float away into what was, indeed, a very good morning.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

214K 18.6K 49
❝I'm wonwoo, and I think I want to die today.❞ in which a suicidal boy calls the suicide hotline only to find the answer to all his problems (lowerca...
1.8K 125 14
Every night, without fail, wonwoo would write an entry in his diary. He would write about the day, about his thoughts, about his feelings and any oth...
780K 12.5K 75
Many scenarios that I know you've imagined yourself in... :)
530 28 11
i thought you were an angel. & lost myself while i caught sight of you. - in where seventeen finds themselves deeply lost in the thought of you. svt...