Meeting the Marauders

By silentbynature

Ariana Rebecca Dumbledore is the only child of Albus Dumbledore, headmaster of Hogwarts. After being expelled... More

New and Old Friends
The Sorting
Playing With Fire
Classes
Practice
The Whomping Willow
Tryouts
From Cuddling To Skipping
The Results
The Surprise
The First Game
The After Party
My Book
What Happens in the Forest Stays in the Forest
Through Someone Else's Eyes
It's All Because I had Breakfast with the Slytherins
A Practice to Remember
My Guard Kitten
James' Proposal
Dating James
Lily's Temper
Kissing Practice
The Mysterious Owl
Meeting Up At Hogsmeade
A Date With James
Hallows Eve
IMPORTANT
The Halloween Scare
The Tragic Game
Fuzzy
Saved By Him
Our Spot
The Truth Comes Out
The Prophecy
Not Kitten, Lion Protector
Back on the Field
I Don't Need
Don't Touch Hot Things
The Headmaster's Office
Being Strong
Scared to Death
As Time Goes On
Dinner With The Potter's
Break Begins
Petunia- The Holiday Ruiner
Christmas Morning
Befriending the Wrong One
To Save Him
Something Special
Ghostly Hour
The Consequences of Playing With a Werefolf
Who I Would Choose
The OWLs Begin
The Last of OWLs
You Don't Know How Sorry I Am
Saying Goodbyes
The Next Book!

That Smell

35.1K 1.4K 123
By silentbynature

Chapter 31: That Smell
-Bex p.o.v.-

We sat by the lake, on the same log we first talked to each other. A smile slipped onto my face and I couldn't help but look over at Andrew.

"What are you smiling about Dumbledore?" He chuckled, giving me a look.

"I don't know." I shrugged, "it's just nice to be able to remember you. The others, the ones I can't remember, they treat me differently." The smile flickered off of my face and was replaced by a frown. "You didn't expect anything, you were open to my questions and answered them. The others," I paused, searching for the right words. "They are treating me like a child. I suppose they have a right to, I can't do anything for myself. I can't remember my own friends names, I don't know about myself, I don't even know about the school."

He watched me intently; slowly, as if I were a wounded animal, he placed an arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer to his side. Softly, almost a whisper he spoke. "Not everyone is able to handle what you have gone through."

I nodded slowly, "it's tough."

"I'm sure it is," he rested his chin on the top of my head, allowing me to rest on his shoulder. I burrowed my head in his neck, taking deep breathes.

I pulled back slightly. Looking at him confused, and searching my head for what it was.

"What's wrong?" He questioned curiously.

"You smell like the woods," I murmured, "I've smelt it before."

"There are woods all around us," he chuckled and rolled his eyes.

"No, you smell different. It's a distinct smell, woodsy and musky, like the trees and forest floor after a storm." I narrowed my eyebrows, trying to think. "It's familiar, I know I've smelt it before, but not from you."

"Don't stress too much about it, as soon as you stop worrying about it it will come to you." He informed me.

I nodded and buried my head back in his neck, taking in the sweet smell of trees and drops of rain. The smell slowly calmed me down, putting me at peace and making me forget the awful feeling in the pit of my stomach from all of the pain I caused my friends. The smell of Andrew seemed to calm me and make me forget my worries.

Finally breaking the silence Andrew spoke up, "hey Dumbledore?"

I hummed as a reply, waiting for his question.

"Do you want to go on a walk with me?" He asked.

"I would love to." I smiled, pulling my head back and smiling brightly at him.

He grinned, "shall we?" He gave a playful bow and held out his hand.

I giggled and placed my hand in his, "why thank you, sir."

"It's my pleasure, m'lady." He chuckled and began to lead me away from the peaceful looking lake.

------------
I know! It was so short! But I needed to set it up for the next chapter, the next chapter will be much longer and so much better!
Comment, vote, share, fan, follow and all those other things! I love seeing your guys' comments, it's wonderful!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 66.7K 67
Bex Dumbledore, the girl with power and many secrets returns for her sixth year at Hogwarts. But after things were left with the Marauders how will i...
39.9K 1.3K 29
"So if its words that you are looking for McKinnon, I am fluently gifted with the art of speaking. But I'd much rather spend every day showing you ex...
146K 2K 42
A Jily fanfiction! **COMPLETED** James, Lily, and all their friends have just entered their sixth year of Hogwarts. Lily deals with having feelings f...
1.3K 77 16
Its been two years since the marauders have graduated. James and Lily are married with a baby on the way, and Sirius and Peter are very busy with th...