New and Old Friends

Chapter 1: New and Old Friends

-Bex p.o.v.-

I walked around King's Cross station searching for Platform 9 3/4. I wrapped my hand around the strap of my messanger bag, inside was my shrunken down trunk and broom. In my other hand was a small gray and white kitten, one I had had for years, but never managed to grow.

Finally seeing the wall between platforms nine and ten, I grinned and started towards it. Looking around, to make sure no Muggles were watching, I ran into the wall and came out in front of the Hogwarts Express. A loud, shrill whistle sounded and many people hurried to the scarlet train.

I had to push and shove through the crowd of parents and guardians to be able to get near the train. One of the men standing by the compartment for trunk storage helped me up and wished me a good day. I smiled, giving him the same wish.

I looked in every compartment, searching for an empty one, which was very hard considering almost everyone had just gotten on. I finally stopped at the last compartment. Entering and setting my bag beside me, I held Tucker, my little kitten, close to my chest.

A minute later there was a knock on the compartment door. A boy slid the door open and took a step in, "do you mind if myself and my friends sit with you?" He asked politely, sending me a sweet smile.

"Go right ahead." I smiled back at him.

"I'm Remus John Lupin." The boy introduced holding out his hand. I examined the boy curiously: he had sandy brown hair and chocolate brown eyes. He was tall and had muscle, though it was hidden behind his Muggle clothing, you could tell. Three pale scars stood out against his slightly tanned face, over all he was a good-looking boy. One of those boys that you didn't see as handsome right off the bat, but over the time you spent with them, they became increasingly more handsome; and then one day, it struck you by how handsome he truly was.

I shook his hand and he took a seat next to me. Next, walked in two other boys, whom had been waiting in the corridor while I spoke with Remus.

One stopped and looked at me in interest. "Hello Love," he smirked at me. "I'm Sirius Black."

He had longish black hair and stormy grey eyes. He was tall, like the other boys and also had muscle underneath his tight shirt, his pale skin was flawless and you could just tell he knew he was handsome, his smirk said it all.

"And I'm not interested." I rolled my eyes at him and turned away. Arrogant boys were not my type.

The last boy burst out laughing and Remus tried to hide his chuckling behind his book.

"Wow Sirius, is she the first to turn you down?" The last boy smirked at his friend. He turned to me with a crooked grin and introduced himself. "I think I quite like her, I'm James, James Potter."

This boy had messy black hair that stuck up in the back and flipped out on the sides. He also had hazel eyes hidden behind his rectangular glasses. He was tall and muscly and conceded like his friend but had a humbleness to him like Remus.

"I'm Bex." I introduced to all of them.

"Bex? Is that short for something?" James asked, raising one of his dark eyebrows as he eased into the seat opposite of Remus.

"My first name is Ariana, but I go by my middle name which is Rebecca, Bex for short." I explained shortly, glancing out of the window.

"Hey, where's Peter?" Remus asked after I finished, looking around in confusion.

"Oh he said he was going to find the trolley lady." Sirius said nonchalantly, adding a shrug to prove just how much he cared.

Remus nodded hesitantly, seemingly worried about their friend, and went back to his book.

"So Bex? How come I've never seen you before? I'm pretty sure I would know if I met someone as gorgeous as you." Sirius winked, turning his attention to me.

I rolled my eyes at him, "I'm new, I got expelled from Beauxbatons School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in France." I explained with a small shrug.

"What did you do?" James asked excitedly, suddenly interested in me.

"Well apparently, it is frowned upon to set the dining area on fire." I rolled my eyes with a small smirk sliding onto my lips.

Remus dropped his book and gaped at me. "You what?!"

"It was an accident!" I defended, throwing my arms up.

I began to explain, but was interrupted when the compartment door slid open. A girl with bright red hair and emerald green eyes spoke, "Remus, don't forget to go to the boats and help the first years when we get to the school."

"Alright Lily," Remus nodded and thanked her, picked up his book from the ground. James perked up, watching the witch who had just entered, ruffling his hair while he was at it.

The girl glanced around the compartment quickly, connecting her green eyes with my own. "Lily Evans?"

"Bex?" She gasped, taking an unsure step forward.

I nodded and stood. "You look so different!" I exclaimed and poked her cheeks.

She laughed and nodded, "it has been about five years," she grinned. "I've missed you so much!" She pulled me into a hug.

"I've missed you too," I grinned hugging her back.

"You two know eachother?" James inquired, looking slightly confused.

"Yeah, we lived next to each other as kids." I said, placing an arm around Lily's shoulder.

"Didn't expect that." Sirius muttered to James.

"Me either." James murmured back. He cleared his throat, "alright, Evans?"

"Fine Potter, until I saw you." She grumbled, spitting out his name as if it was the worst curse word in the world.

"Awe, but I missed you Lily-Flower!" He grinned, seemingly unaffected by Lily's harsh words.

"Don't call me that, Potter." She glared at him, obviously talking about the nickname James had started to call her.

"Okay Evans," he agreed, dropping the name. "Go out with me?"

"No Potter!" She glared and stormed out with an apologetic smile at me.

"Well, great going James." I said watching her retreating back, I turned to him and noticed he was also watching her leave. I sat back in my seat with a small huff.

We continued to talk and get to know each other until we arrived at the school. The train ride wasn't too eventful, but eventually, their friend Peter joined us with armfuls of candy.

"Look, there it is." Remus pointed out towards the window. I looked over and saw the school. It was beautiful in the moon light. It was always beautiful.

I stared at the view amazed, going back to the memories of when I was younger.

"Time to see dad again." I spoke quietly to myself.

The boys looked at me confused, as if they had heard, but followed me off the train quietly. I split up with them and headed to the boats with Remus while the other three went to the carriages.

---------

The first chapter! Ahhhh! Haha the first chapter of the first book, with many chapters and many books to come: heartbreak, love, power, friendship, weakness, spells, fights, and a whole lot of candy. What do you think?

Please comment, vote, share, fan and follow etc. thanks!

*EDITED*