As Time Goes On

Chapter 42: As Time Goes On

The days passed in a blur. The leaves had changed color and fell from the trees. They blew in the wind, seeming to dance along to the laughter of students. Soon the weather got colder, the nights got darker, and snow began to fall from the clouds.

Along with the snow came a bad mood from Bex. She didn't like the snow. Despised it. Hated it with a passion. But what else would you expect, she was fire and it was ice. They were opposites and enemies.

The only thing that seemed to brighten her thunderous mood was sleep. She looked forward to it, couldn't wait for it. Because sleeping meant dreaming and dreaming meant remembering.

The memories came back to her. Slowly at first and then suddenly all at once. She remembered all of the things she once forgot and was happy to have the cloud of fuzziness gone from her head. She loved being able to remember everything. She felt somewhat complete.

Another thing that brightened her day was when the Gryffindor vs. Slytherin game was canceled. She did hate the game almost as much as she hated the cold weather. Mixing the two did not help with her already hostile mood. The morning was a cold and snowy day. Close to being a blizzard. The Slytherin team argued that it would be unfair to have a game, seeing as the Gryffindor team had a member that could melt the snow in her path. Giving her better eyesight, faster riding, and an easier game.

So the game was canceled. The game was to be held in March, when the weather was better and there was no worry of an unfair game.

Just before Sirius' birthday did they decided that James and Bex would break up, telling everyone that after the injury to Bex's memory, the magic of their relationship seemed to dim. They didn't feel the sparks, it wasn't something they wanted to continue.

Everyone didn't find anything weird about it, many of them understood. Lily had a little bit of a skip in her step after that. Though she did find it a bit strange that they would decide to stay friends, no awkwardness around them. But she got over it, everything went back to how it was, for the most part. Something's could not be changed back.

No one questioned the bond that James and Bex had. The brotherly bond he had over her made everyone step away. Boys thought he didn't want others to date what he had already dated, girls thought he was jealous and wasn't over her. Only a few people knew that James had only ever loved one girl. The girl with the red hair and emerald eyes. He merely felt the urge to protect the girl that had become like a sister to him from the boys he had grown up with and knew what they were capable of. When it came to James, he didn't want anyone near someone he loved so dearly, the only ones he would ever think of allowing near Bex would be his best mates. He knew they loved her just as much as he did. But the others, the many other boys that had started to fancy the young girl, they were a different story. Those boys were not to be anywhere near his Bex, his baby sister.

Once Bex learned of the little boy she had forgotten she didn't let him leave her sight. Liam was fine with that. He liked being with Bex. She was his savior and he loved her. On the outside he knew that she didn't like anyone to know she could love, but on the inside she loved Liam with all of her heart. And that was enough for him.

The only thing that was constant in the eyes of the students was the fighting that Sirius and Bex did. After the first time they were sent to the Headmasters office they were given a project. From the headmaster himself.

They were to give each other a bracelet, just a simple chain. And each time they had to visit the old headmaster they were to give the other some sort of little object to put on the chain. A friendship bracelet.

After a little over a week the bracelet already held countless amounts of pointless objects she had gained from Sirius. Many of the charms were from little things he had gathered from the floor, picking up things that looked curious.

As time went on, many things changed.

The boys were leaving once a month to go on a 'Guy's Night Out'. They claimed that not only could Bex not go because she was a girl, but also because she wasn't officially a Marauder. To which Bex responded by hexing them and then refusing to talk to them until they properly apologized and proved how sorry they were. The Marauders, to make up for it, had talked the house elves into making Bex a cake. To which they presented her. For the rest of the week all the students talked about was how whipped the Marauders were when it came to the Headmasters daughter and what they would do to get on her good side. Most of the schools gossip revolved around the Marauders and the Headmasters daughter, they didn't pay any attention to the rumors.

Bex had taken to calling Sebastian by his name, not Tucker. She had decided that it was wrong to call him by a name that wasn't his. When the girls questioned it she made up a lie, saying that the kitten reminded her of a man named Sebastian and had taken a liking to the name when she mentioned it.

Lily had also gone back to hating James. Any progress that was made was soon erased and the situation was restarted. She constantly yelled at him, causing scenes. To which Sirius and Bex complained as to why the pair didn't have to go to weekly visits with the Headmaster like they did.

Marlene and Wood had begun to date. They quickly became the most talked about couple. The team had made quite the ruckus when it was first announced one morning before practice had been started. The girls even took Marlene out shopping as a congratulations.

Andrew hung around with Bex a bit more. He was constantly lurking around corners and hiding out in nooks and crannies. His main ambition for the rest of the year was to keep Bex out of trouble. He was tired of seeing her in the hospital wing and made it known to Bex.

The three Slytherin boys had also been seen with Bex quite a bit. They made a promise. Bex would be with the Slytherins during breakfast, Liam at break, the girls at lunch, and the Marauders during dinner time. That way Bex could be with all of her different types of friends. Spending time with everyone she had grown fond of.

Before long it was was near Christmas. Despite troubles, Bex had found gifts for all of her friends. In fact, the girls went on a shopping trip together, shopping all day long, and laughing constantly. Even for not liking to shop, Bex had fun, all of the girls did.

----------------------
Well guys, this is the second part. I know it's short, but I didn't feel as if the last chapter and this part went well together. I thought they should be separated and put into two different parts. This part was mainly to serve as an update for what had happened within the time that Bex has taken the potion to the time of break where I will be picking up the story.
This is what? The 45th update! Forty-five chapters needed to tell a semester worth of Hogwarts. Stay tuned for the next forty-five chapters of fifth year! Lol. Well I will be starting the next chapter, the beginning of Christmas break, tonight and will most likely finish it tomorrow morning while lying in my bed and eating gummy worms. Cuz I'm cool like that. You wish you were as awesome as me. I bet you dream of my utter amazing-ness rubbing off on you, even just the smallest amount of my crazily-yet-completely-awesome-ness.... Naw! I'm just kidding! You guys are the awesome ones! And I will be sending each and every one of you a package of gummy worms! .....alright I lied, I'm not giving you gummy worms. I wouldn't be able to part with them. I'm like addicted to those things.
So don't forget to comment, vote, share, fan, follow, etc. thanks everyone!

.....that was like the longest and most random-est author notes I have ever made.... I'm really tired, but I must finish at least half of the next chapter!

*Dolvett's voice* "HARDWORK! DEDICATION!"

If you understood the above quote, I am in love with you. You, my new best friend, are amazing.

So if you happened to read this entirely random authors note, CONGRATULATIONS! You are my new favorite! That's right! I pick favorites! Lol just kidding! I love all of my readers equally... Well most of you... Hahahaha I really need sleep! I had to wake up extra early for my little brothers football game and I'm gonna go now because I feel like I'm rambling. Bye!