A Date With James

Chapter 25: a date with James
-Bex p.o.v.-

"Bye Ozzy, me and James have to go, we have a date to be on." I spoke hugging Ozzy.

"Alright, have fun." He grinned at me, giving me a cooling hug. "James, you better take care of my Princess, if she gets hurt I'm coming for you." He glared at my date.

"Yes sir." James said quickly.

"Good boy." Ozzy praised him. "Have fun, but not too much fun. I don't want to be a godfather just yet, I'm too young to be an uncle. So you better keep it in your pants." Ozzy glared.

I giggled, "you don't have to worry about that."

"Me and Remus and gonna head out too," Sirius stood as well.

"Goodbye Sirius, take care." Ozzy grinned, he seemed to like Sirius a lot. "Bye Remus," he shook the boys hand.

"I'm leaving with them, we're stopping by the bookstore first." Lily said, opening her arms for a hug.

"Yeah, we're gonna head off too, we have stuff to do." Severus stood with Regulus and Lucius.

"I'll get back to work, I'll be in touch." Ozzy said once the goodbyes were finished.

We all walked out together. "Bye guys!" I gathered the Slytherin boys in a group hug.

"Bye Aria." The said together, before leaving, throwing smiled and waves over their shoulders.

"Bye Gorgeous." Sirius gave me a hug, and a cheeky wink.

"Bye Sirius." I rolled my eyes.

"Bye Bex," Lily smiled and we shared a quick hug.

"Bye Remus," I smiled at the last boy, giving him a hug.

They walked away, the two dragging Sirius into a bookstore.

I grinned at James, "lets get to work."

James chuckled and entwined our hands. "Right this way," he led me down the road, following the crowd.

We stopped at the pet store. I grinned at the play pin outside the store. there was a couple playing with a puppy. "Malady," James held the door open for me.

I giggled and walked though the door. Inside the store were rows upon rows of pet things, but in the middle of the store the section was open and wide. There were multiple cages, all filled with different animals.

I hurried to the cage with the puppies in it. "Look how adorable they are!" I squealed.

"Wanna take one outside?" He asked.
I looked at him, "really?"

He nodded, a smile playing at his lips, "of course."

"I don't know how Lily doesn't love you, you're too sweet." I giggled and lifted a cute little puppy from the kennel. In one hand I was holding the puppy, the other I used to grab James' hand.

James held the door open for me and helped me into the animal play pin.
I set the chocolate lab on the ground, in the play pin that was right outside the stores door. I sat on the ground, my legs crossed and James sat next to me.

The puppy bounded around the enclosed area, causing me to giggle. At the sound of my laughter the puppy came to me.

We played with the pup, just messing around, until Sirius, Remus, and Lily started making their way down the street.

I pointed that out to James and he smirked, ready to be noticed. James lifted the puppy up and held him close to my face. The little guy began to lick me, causing me to squeal in laughter and giggles to flow out of my mouth.
Sirius got Lily to look over at us, making her turn away quickly.

I could hear Lily ask the two boys where they wanted to go, trying to get away.

They all went into Zonko's joke shop, walking away from the pet store. After a few minutes we put the puppy back in his cage and James lead me to Honeydukes.

"Alright so, when they bring Lily here," I started. "They are to convince Lily to spy on us with them. She'll go along with it and then we just try our best to get her jealous."

James nodded in understanding, "got it."

We both grabbed a bag and began to fill it with sweets. I pulled James by his hand over to the chocolate shelf. I grabbed handfuls chocolate frogs and Honeydukes best chocolate bars.

James chuckled, "do you have enough chocolate?"

"You never know when you could be attacked by a dementor," I giggled. "I like to be prepared at all times."

"That's very true," James said and grabbed some.

I giggled and we headed towards the sugar quills and pumpkin pasties. I even picked up some every flavour jelly beans.

"Let's go check out, yeah?" James said after the three walked in.

I agreed and stood in line with James. When we got to the front of the line we began to argue.

"It's fine James, I can pay for my own candy." I said getting out my money.

"It's fine, love, I can pay." James spoke also holding out his money to the cashier.

The young man looked torn on whose money to take.

"James, I've got it." I pushed his money away and held out my own for the cashier to take.

"Love, it's a date. It's the gentleman's time to pay." James said gently pushing my money back to my chest and holding out his.

"You don't have to pay." I spoke stubbornly holding my money out again.

"Ummm. I just need the money. I don't care who pays." The cashier said.

"Take mine." I said.

"No, take mine," James said back.

I turned to face him, "James." I said annoyed.

"Bex," James mimicked me. "Love, just let me pay."

"No, I can pay myself." I said crossing my arms stubbornly.

"Oh! Look! There's a bunny!" James pointed over my shoulder and out the front window.

"What?! Where?" I turned around excitedly. "There's no-" I said turning back to face James. I glared, "you tricked me!" I accused the boy.

"Maybe... But at least I got to pay." He chuckled and handed me my bag.

I pouted, "I'm mad at you now."

"Awe! Come on love, I just wanted to pay. It's your fault for not letting me pay." James said and grabbed my hand and pulled me close to him. "Don't be mad at me, please, love."

I looked at James and gave him a peck on the cheek. "I couldn't be mad at you."

He chuckled and we started out of the store together. "I heard them convince Lily while we were getting liquorice wands." James murmured just loud enough for me to hear over the excited buzz of students walking the streets.

"Ready to begin?" I asked, sliding my hand into his.

"Oh yeah." He grinned down at me. Speaking louder, allowing eavesdroppers to be able to hear, he asked, "so, love, where to next?"

I smiled and looked around, my eyes passing over the three following us, as if I didn't see them. My eyes brightened as I saw a group of little kids playing by the tree line, "look! Children!"

He looked over just as a little girl tripped over a rock and fell. She started crying, tears falling from her eyes like a waterfall.

I pulled James over to them. "What's wrong sweetheart?" I knelt down next to her.

"I fell." She sniffed, tears still falling hard. "It hurts." She looked down at her hands.

I held her small hands in mine, examining them. There were a few cuts from when she tried to catch herself and the rough ground scratched her up a bit. I pulled out my wand and tapped her hands, muttering, "episkey." To heal her minor cuts. "Is that better?" I asked.

"Yeah." She sniffed, using her arm to wipe her tears.

"What was that?" A little boy asked, coming up from behind the girl.

"It was a healing spell. It makes booboos better." I explained to the curious children.

"You can do spells?" Another girl asked.

"Mummy says we can't do magic until we go to Hogwarts." A boy pouted.

"Do you go to Hogwarts?" Asked the first little boy.

"Yes, I do, so does James." I motioned to James as he stood quietly behind me.

"Can you do more spells?" The hurt girl asked.

James grinned and leaned down to the children's level. "You guys wanna see something really cool?"

"Yeah!" They squealed in excitement.

James pulled out his wand and held it up, "expecto patronum." Out from the tip of his wand a light protruded, the ball of white/blue light formed the shape of a stag. The patronus pranced around the children in a circle, standing in front of them proud looking, he bucked his antlers forward, hitting an imaginary opponent.

The children giggled at the sight. All of them "oooohing" and "ahhhing" at the magic preformed in front of them.

"I can so do better than that." I smirked at him.

"I'd like to see you try." James chuckled.

"Expecto patronum." I spoke clearly. The same thing happened: light came from the tip of my wand and formed an animal in the open air. Standing up tall and firm was a large dog, glowing from the white light.

The children cheered and pointed excitedly to what was happening.
Swirls of the darkest of the blue light formed into a tall, majestic lion. Standing behind my dog was a large male lion, guarding the patronus with another.

James looked at me incredulously. "How did that happen?" He looked shocked.

"It's a guardian patronus." I explained and watched as our patronus' came closer together. My dog rubbed against the side of James' stag and the lion opened its mouth, as if it was going to let out a roar but no sound could be heard.

"That's amazing." He smiled at the magic.

"Told you I could do better." I grinned.
He chuckled and grabbed me by my waist, pulling me close, and kissed the tip of my nose. "You're lucky you're cute, I don't like to be outdone."

I giggled at him and pecked his cheek. The small group of children made sounds of disgust, "ew! You have cooties now!"

"Don't worry, I got my cootie shot," James smiled at the kids, "so you don't have to worry... if I kiss you!" He grabbed the nearest girl and placed kisses all over her face. The girl squealing and giggling the entire time.

"At least you don't have cooties," a
little boy said to me.

I smiled at him. "Yeah, this way it's much easier to get kisses from cute boys like you."

"I don't want to kiss you!" He protested, his cheeks going red.

"What! Why not?" I pouted. "Please?"

He sighed and gave me a kiss on the cheek. "There."

"Thank you!" I grinned.

"I want to kiss you!" The other boy exclaimed and gave me a quick kiss on the cheek.

"That's so sweet of you!" I spoke.

"Hey! That's my girl you're kissing!" James joked.

The boys erupted in laughter, making both me and James smile.

We played with the children a little while longer before we had to part. "Where now?" James asked, his arm around my waist, pulling me close to his side, he had his head lowered so he could speak right into my ear. "Smile really big, like I'm complementing you. They're watching," James murmured.

I grinned and leaned farther into him, like he was whispering sweet nothing's into my ear. I forced a giggle and twirled my hair around my finger.

"You ready for this? It's time for the big kiss." James muttered to me.

I nodded slightly, so little of movement that only he could tell I was nodding.

James pulled away a little and looked down at me. I kept smiling, staring right back at him. Slowly, he began to lean in until we were inches apart. I stood on my tippy toes, getting rid of a couple of inches between us. Looking directly into my eyes, he leaned in the rest of the way.

My eyelids fluttered shut, my hands snaked up around his neck, and I leaned my body against his. He had his hands firmly at my waist, holding me against him and leaning down. The kiss was normal, just as we had practiced it. Nothing special, no sparks, no fireworks, nothing. And that was exactly how I wanted it, I didn't want to be attracted to James, he was like my brother plus he was in love with Lily.

The kiss ended after about ten seconds, James pulled back and rested his head against my forehead.

"Smile like you're in love with me." I breathed out, a small smile sliding onto my face.

James followed the instructions and allowed an easy smile. We looked in each others eyes, James sent me a small look and I knew what I was suppose to do.

I pecked James on the lips, making the kiss last a few second before pulling away. I grinned and grabbed his hand, pulling him with me as I started to walk away.

He chuckled and entwined our hands, letting our hands softly swing back and forth, making it look natural.

We walked around, going into multiple stores, we stopped for lunch, and we hung out. We did our best to make it look like an actual date, acting in love and fooling around. The last stop was The Hogshead.

I stopped outside the door and turned to James, "alright James, you're about to meet my uncle, try not to mess up." I giggled.

"Adults love me, I'm so charming." He claimed once more.

"Okay." I sighed and opened the door, causing a little jingle to go off. "Uncle Aberforth!" I grinned at the man behind the bar.

"Sweetheart! How are you?" The man chuckled. His bright blue eyes, that looked so like my fathers, twinkled.

"I'm good. I just stopped by to say hello." I smiled and gave him a hug over the counter.

"It's very nice of you to think of me on your trips out here." He chuckled.

"How could I forget you?" I asked with a grin.

Uncle Abe caught sight of James and looked at him curiously, "and who's that?"

"Uncle Abe, this is James." I smiled and grabbed James, pulling him forwards to meet my uncle.

They shook hands and uncle Abe smiled at him, "it's nice to meet you, son."

"It's great to meet you too," James smiled back politely.

------------
Hey guys! Sorry it's been forever, school just started back up -.- boring! But what do you think? Good date? Comment, vote, share, fan, follow, etc. thanks!