Love Bugs [Nemi AU]

By JennaBubbles

I didn't think much of her at first. She was plain, dyed hair, nothing out of the ordinary. But her smile, he... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Sorry
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30 *Final*

Chapter 8

1.4K 23 2
By JennaBubbles

*Demi’s POV*

It’s been more than a week since Joe and I sat down in the bench in back of my house. Since then, it’s rained twice, I failed a quiz, and almost got ran over by a jock and a couple of cheerleaders.

And that was just today.

As Halloween inched closer, Michelle got more and crazier about her costume and the midnight party over at one of the football player’s home. She was so excited because she had planned to have matching costumes with Nick. I laughed so hard when she suggested (or more like stated) that they should. Nick bluntly disagreed, and frankly looked kinda scared. But she ended up convincing him anyways.

I never like Halloween all that much, only because I scare easy, and since I had no real friends to enjoy it with. Ever since the 7th grade, I would stay home with Alex and watch movies and pig out on candy and popcorn.

I guess now I have to be alone this year.

I was slumped over on the sofa, typing my essay on my laptop, while the rain continue to pour over the house.

“Is it still raining?” cries Maddie.

“Maddie, it’s been on and off again all day.” I move my laptop to a side.

“But Halloween! What if it rains?!” she dramatically throws her arms up in the air.

“Maddie, it’s on Friday. Like five whole days away. The rain will clear off by then.”

“A-Are you sure?”

“Yes, I’m pretty sure.” I said with a smile.

“Ok.” She said a bit sadly as she walked off again. I get back to my laptop, when someone knocks on the door. I groan to myself and get up. When I open the door, I find Joe standing there with a soaked rain coat.

“Hey there stranger.” I smiled.

“Hey yourself.” I step to the side and let him in.

“So why risk a cold to come and visit?” I asked.

“My mom wants to borrow some…” he pauses and pull out a measuring cup from inside his coat.

“…Some sugar.” He smiled. I chuckle and take the cup from his hands and walk over to the kitchen and he follows behind me. I take out the large bag of sugar out into the counter and get a scoop with the cup.

“Is your mom making some pastries or something?” I asked, turning back around to him.

“A pie. Last minute she noticed that we had no more sugar and I’m too lazy to drive.” He chuckles.

“Well, let me know when she’s done with it so I can grab a slice.” I take out the plastic wrap and cover the cup carefully. I hand it back to him and he puts it in a pocket on the inside of his jacket. I walk him back to the front door. A clasp of thunder vibrated the framework of the house.

“Of course, Oh and Demi?”

“Yea?” I asked. He puts his hood on as the rain pours down even harder.

“Oh, um. Never mind. I’ll see you tomorrow.” He said before running back out into the rain.

“Strange boy.” I laugh to myself as I close the door.

The next morning, the rain continued to pour. I look at my phone and see that I recently got a message from Joe asking if I wanted a lift to the school, instead of walking in the rain. Joe usually doesn’t take his car to school, since we’re so close, but this is an exception. I quickly texted him ‘yes’ and got ready quickly. I dressed as warmly as possible and grabbed an apple and my umbrella. I quickly kissed my mom on the cheek before heading out into the rain. Joe’s car was waiting for me and I dashed inside without getting me or the inside too wet.

“Hey Joe, Nick.” They both sat in the front seat comfortably. Nick made a small wave and Joe smiled. Joe pulled out of the drive way and made his way to school. It was a short and silent ride, since I’m not one to talk this early in the morning and I assume neither are Joe and Nick. Once we reach the school parking lot, I open the door, umbrella ready, slamming the door shut as I get outside. I help Nick and Joe get out without getting we and we huddle under my umbrella as we shuffle over to the school, laughing.

“NICK!” we all turn around once we reach inside the semi-crowded hallway. Michelle is running over and embraces Nick. I awkwardly stand there with Joe while Michelle giggles madly. I notice that she isn’t wearing her usual preppy clothing, but instead more of a hipster/ casual clothing. I decided to leave it off until later, where we can talk in English.

“Hey Dem!” squeaked Michelle as she catches me off guard and hugs me, causing me to stumble backwards. She continually giggles and walks behind Joe and I with Nick as we walk to our lockers.

During all of English I couldn’t talk to Michelle at all. She would stare at the board dreamily and tune me out. By the end of class, I had given up and left her alone. When we got out, she skipped off without me and disappeared into the crowd. I sighed and too out my apple and sat in one of the benches in the hall way, watching people walk by.

“Hey stranger.” I turn around and see Joe sitting next to me with a smile.

“Hey Joe.” I said, my mouth full.

“So… Um Demi.” He said quite nervously.

“Yes Joe?”

“W-Would you like to go out on a date to like, the pizzeria or something, after school… or whatever?” he said nervously.

Inside I was freaking out. Multiple scenarios ran through my head as I swallow hardly my apple chunks. What should I say?? What should I do?? Oh My God, I’m gaping at him.

“Yea, sounds like fun.” I said in the calmest manner I could at the moment. Joe smiled widely and kissed me on the cheek.

“Great! I’ll see you after school then!” The bell rings and we both get up.

“Oh, um, I’m going that way.” I said nervously.

“Oh, ok, see yea.” Laughs Joe nervously. We walk in opposite directions, a smile plastered on my face.

I liked Joe for some time now. I guess since when we sat on the bench together that night. He’s just so sweet to me, it’s crazy. Did you know when you try to convince yourself that you don’t like someone, it just makes you like them even more? I spent a whole day, trying to convince myself that he’s just being a good friend. The next day, trying to convince myself that I didn’t see him more than a friend. By the third day, I’d given up and stare out my window as the clouds rolled in as the start of this two day downpour. Something in the pit of my stomach told me it wasn’t a god idea, but I don’t see any reason why to worry so much.

By the time school ended, the rain lightened up to a tiny drizzle. As I walked by, I saw Nick and Michelle taking, with serious expressions. I shrugged it off as I walked over to Joe and his car, Joe wearing a warm smile.

“Ready to go?” he asked. I nodded and sat in the passenger seat. The pizzeria wasn’t too far off. Literally, everything is so close in this town, unlike anyone I’ve been too. When we get there, there is some kids from school already. Joe opens the door for me, gentlemen like and we head inside. The scent of garlic bread and tomato sauce filled my nose as we walked over to an empty booth.

“Is it your first time coming here?” asks Joe.

“Yea, looks great though.” I said with a smile. We sit down across from each other and a waitress shows up next to us.

“Hey guys, would you like a drink?” my eye grew as the girl taking our order was the same girl that tried to threaten me in the hallway a week back.

“Uh… I’m fine… What about you Joe?” I asked quickly as the girl looked dreamily at Joe.

“A coke is fine.” He said calmly as he looked up to the girl and started at her oddly as she took down his order with a sigh.

“I’ll be right back with your drinks.” She said dreamily as she walked off, shooting a glare at me.

“What was that all about? Do you know her?” he whispers.

“I don’t know. You tell me.” I said a bit harshly. His face shows it all as he turns red a bit in realization.

“She’s just a girl, I don’t even know her name- Hi!” he changes his tone as the girl pops up next to us with the coke.

“Hi.” She said, fluttering her eyes. “Would you like to order?” she asked, directly mostly to Joe.

“I think we both would like a slice of cheese, Right Demi?” he asked, trying not to look at her.

“Yea, a cheese is good.” I said doing the same, trying not to look at her.

“Alight, your order will be here in just a couple of minutes.” She said before skipping off.

“Explain. Now.” I demanded.

“It’s nothing! I was drunk so was she -”

“I wouldn’t consider that nothing.” He grabs my hands and looks at me directly into my eyes.

“Look, all we did was make out. Nothing else. I promise.” I sigh and smile.

“Alright.” The girl comes back with a kind of twisted look on her face.

“Here’s your guy’s pizza. Enjoy!” she said with a clearly face enthusiasm. We ate and talked for a bit before leaving, since the girl was now glaring at the both of us from a distance. Joe left the cash on the table and then drove me back home and he parked in my driveway. We sat there for a bit, hearing the raindrops hit the roof.

“So, um Dem. Did, uh, did you like the date?” he asked nervously.

“It was great. Just the girl was getting kinda creepy.” I said, turning to him.

“Yea, sorry. I didn’t know that would happen. Not a good first date, is it?” he chuckled.

“I thought it was great.” I smiled. I kiss him on the cheek, grabbed my stuff, and then step out of the car, opening my umbrella. Joe stayed there until I reached my front door before starting the engine.

“Hey Demi!” he shouted as he rolled down his window.

“What?” I shouted back.

“Dose this me we’re like, exclusive now? Because I kinda want to.” I felt my face go to a whole new kind of red.

“Yea, I guess!” I shouted back.

“Great! I’ll see you tomorrow!” she shouted before rolling the windows back up and pulling out my driveway. I open the door, to hear sobbing inside.

“Uh hello?” At that moment I see a hysterical Michelle running towards me and hugging me.

“Whoa, Michelle, It’s ok!” I sit her down on the couch and grab a pint of strawberry ice cream and two spoons before heading back.

“Ok, now what happened?” I asked, handing her a spoon. She took a scoop and wiped her mascara-stained tears.

“So Nick after school told me that he *hic* wanted to talk and when I got there, he was so serious. *hic* I asked him what was wrong and he just broke up with me. Just like that! *hic* then he just walked away. I walked over here, and only your mom was here and she comforted me. That’s when you got here.”

“Oh, Michelle.” I hugged her tightly as she clung onto me. “It’s alright. He was never worth it.”

“That’s why. I’m not crying over him. *hic* I’m crying over how I could be so stupid!” she wails out in tears once more, pushing the ice cream aside and sobbing in my lap.

“Do you want me to walk you home?” I asked once she cried herself dry.

“Mhm.” She said tiredly. She wore herself out, the poor thing. Her house is just a block away, so I grabbed my umbrella and we walked in the rain.

“Thank you for being there for me. If I went to anyone else, they wouldn’t know how to comfort. I don’t even think they particularly like me.” She sighed sadly.

“Don’t worry, I’m here for you.” I give her one last hug before walking back. I jogged it a bit, drops splashing on my face. I ran past my house and reached Joe and Nick’s. I bang on the door loudly until Nick opened it.

“Hey De-”

“Don’t ‘Hey Demi’ me, what did you do?!” I shouted at him.

“What do you mean?” he said.

“Michelle! She was crying buckets at my house! What the hell did you do?!” I shouted.

“I broke up with her. That’s it.” He said calmly.

“Without a reason?! Nick you have no idea how hurt she is! She gave you a chance and you blew it off like that! Why did you ask her out in the first place!? I was right you are a low, slimy, MANWHORE!” I shouted. I guess that made him snap, because next thing I know, he’s yelling at me, something I never thought he would do from his laid back attitude to everything.

“You don’t even know why I did it! So don’t go assuming things and stay out of other people’s problems!” he shouted before slamming the door in my face.

“FINE!” I shouted before running back home.

______________________________________________________

So here's a long chapter for you guys ^-^ Hope you like it!

Comment and Vote Lovelies!

~Jen

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26K 532 82
"I may have had a few, but that doesn't change the way I think about you." Nick Jonas is enjoying the single life, whilst his brother Joe is enjoyin...
62.9K 2.4K 39
Restore- repair or renovate (a building, work of art, etc.) so as to return it to its original condition. I wish I could be restored, preferably fro...
39.3K 1.3K 33
Being 26 and raising a two year old isn't a simple task. Taking it one day at a time and loving her world more then life itself, Her son was all she...
70 1 11
When the Jonas Brothers randomly show up at my dostorep early one morning, my whole world gets flipped upside down. As new friendships and romances b...