Shadow Bite || WATTYS 2017

By SophiaKjeldbjerg

COMPLETED. A tear slides down my cheek and my assaulter stands upright again, sending me a smirk as he wipes... More

VERY IMPORTANT IMPORTANCE
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Epilogue
Info For The Future

Chapter Thirty-Four

8.1K 399 11
By SophiaKjeldbjerg

A/N: I can't even express my gratitude towards you guys enough! We're more than 13K reads and 600 votes. Wasn't it just the last chapter that we were at 12K reads? Thank you so much, I seriously can't thank you enough <3 I love writing this story so much, and I hope that you enjoy it too.

-Sophia, xoxo

°°°°

I watch as the blood swirls down the drain. The water pours down my skin and wipes me clean of the earlier events. Two faint scars run down alongside my arms and I shudder as the memory of his claws digging into my flesh replays in my mind. Apparently werewolf blood is healing, so Asher shipped me off to the doctor. The scars were barely visible now. Exclamations and voices draws my attention from the crimson colored water disappearing from the shower's smooth marbled surface. I turn the knob and wrap myself in a fluffy towel, relishing in the feeling of soft cotton against clean skin. I pad into the bedroom and smile to myself when I notice the mattress placed neatly next to the bed, untouched.

Asher will be stuck on that for a while.

Is that mean of me? Kicking him to the floor but sleeping in the bed myself in his own bedroom?

Nah, he can deal.

But wouldn't it be the same as in the tent?

Purely survival measures.

I shake my head and pull on a shirt and jeans, slipping my feet into my fellow reindeer slippers.

Yes. When Asher came to abduct me from my house, I had my priorities sorted.

My wet hair is already drying into annoying little curls around my face, but I exit the room, looking up and down the hallway. Shut doors line the walls on both sides. Suddenly a door flies open and a very familiar girl steps into the hallway, freezing when she sees me.

"What are you doing here?" asks Aiyana, looking at me with something very close to disgust. I remember Asher's words, telling me that there never was anything going on between them. Looking at the unspoken thoughts in her eyes now though, I have a feeling that she doesn't think the same way.

-Well, I was abducted, and now I kind of live here." I reply nonchalantly, acting as though seeing her doesn't annoy me the slightest. But hey, the girl attacked me last time, nervousness is totally normal right? That thought brings another question to my mind that I'd been turning around in my mind for quite some time.

Aiyana curtly nods and steps around me to walk down, but I reach for her arm. She stops and looks at me with surprise, before covering that up and shrugging my hand off of her.

"Don't touch me.

-Stop being a bitch for a second and please just listen to me." I breathe out with annoyance, kind of fed up with her attitude at this point.

-Excuse me?

-Listen, remember when you told me that I had to learn to fight to protect the pack, or I would never be fit for this?"

She crosses her arms with a smug smirk, shrugging. "Those weren't my exact words-

-Well I thought," I cut her off, "why don't you teach me then?"

-What?" Her eyes widen and I flash my most innocent smile possible.

-You seem to be the only one who's concerned about it anyway, so teach me.

-No, I-"

-Aiyana." I let out an exasperated sigh, "Please." I see the uncertainty wheeling around in her head, so as a final straw, I roll up my sleeves and reveal the scars to her. She sucks in a breath and grits her teeth, looking away. I gain her attention again by bringing my hair behind one ear. Her eyes go wide with confusion as she stares at the scar gleaming on my forehead, having always been covered up by golden hair. It still looks fresh, as if I just got it two minutes ago, but only I know that Killian gave me that weeks - maybe even months - before.

"But... how?" She narrows her eyes and I can imagine all sorts of questions buzzing in her mind. "Why didn't the doctor heal that too when you went?" I don't question how she knows where I went, and instead I sigh deeply, taking a step back.

"It just won't disappear. I don't know why, but it might have something to do with Killian being the one to do this to me. I really don't know, and I understand if you don't want to help me." I notice a faint glow of light illuminating the darkness of the hallway underneath a closed door, and begin making my way towards it. Voices boom from the inside of it.

"Camilla, wait." I turn around and Aiyana sighs, running her fingers through her hair in defeat. "Fine. I'll help you. But we do it my way, got it?"

I feel excitement warming my thoughts at the idea of finally learning how to defend myself. "Thank you Aiyana. Thank you so much." She nods and I turn to go.

-Oh and Camilla?" I give her a questioning look from over my shoulder and she purses her lips tightly, staring right into my eyes with determination. "I'm not doing this for you, okay? I'm doing for Asher."

I tilt my head but nod, watching as she breathes deeply, resolved, before disappearing down the hallway and down the stairs. I grit my teeth and push the door open. When they see me, the group stops talking immediately.

"Oh no, please continue. It's not like I don't know that Killian's probably planning my death anyway right?" I declare nonchalantly, plopping down onto the couch nestling cozily between two heavy bookshelves on the wall adjacent to the door. Asher looks at me with a hard glare, and lets out a sigh, returning to his action of tracing a path with his finger on the map sprawled out on the table in the middle of the room. Damien and Jasper are following the action closely with clenched jaws and eyes narrowed in thought, nodding here and there as Asher gives orders. They're the only three in the room, and I take the time to run my gaze appreciatively over the way Asher's biceps flex as he leans over the table, dark hair falling over his eyes. I resist the urge to push it away, focusing instead on the comfortable aura of the room. Heavy curtains lace the large window on the wall facing the door, and a chandelier hanging from the ceiling provides a warm cast of light, shadows dancing on the men's features and springing off of the furniture in the room. A desk faces the wall against which I'm currently seated on the couch, setting a sort of atmosphere of prestige and luxury. It is comfortable and well-kept, but it dwells in a feeling of royalty and dominance.

I rise from the couch but the men don't notice, instead discussing more battle strategies while I approach the mahogany desk, running my fingers across it's smooth surface with wonder. I cast a quick glance their way, but they're way too preoccupied with the map, and circle to the front of the desk by the chair, casually opening one of the drawers as curiosity gets the best of me. I gape at the object lying on top of it. It is a broken frame with shattered glass clumsily glued together, and inside lays a photo of a middle-aged man who carries a startling similarity to Asher. The photo has been ripped apart and taped back together again with something close to desperation. I look at it and back up at Asher, feeling an overwhelming feeling of sadness flooding over me. I see the mate bond carrying my unstable emotions to Asher and he shifts uncomfortably, receiving the distraught vibrations. He glances at me and I quickly close the drawer, hoping that he didn't catch me. Something with the purse of his lips and the stern way that he rips his gaze from me and back onto the map tells me a different story.

He's got an image of his dad in his desk, the man who strived to turn him into a heartless monster.

I take a deep breath and walk over to Asher, momentarily distracting him from the task at hand. I slowly run a finger up his arm and he tenses, freezing under my touch.

"Leave us for a minute." He says in a commanding voice, and as the other two brush past us, I think that I notice just the hint of a smile on Damien's lips. Jasper, however, looks forward with a cold gaze, refusing to meet my eyes. I frown at his reaction and let out a heavy sigh when the door shuts behind them. Asher immediately spins around and crushes my body against his, capturing my mouth in a toe-curling kiss.

"Asher-

-Mm?" He says casually, leaving faint kisses down my neck. My mind blurs for a while and I allow myself to close my eyes, enjoying the sensation of his hands on my body. The bonds purrs in delight, and my knees begin to weaken. It's a small voice at the back of my head pushing itself forward that brings me out of my daze and allows me to push him back slightly.

"What's wrong?" He asks with confusion, attempting to bring me into him again. With a small smile and a shake of my head I take another step back.

"Be serious."

-I'm extremely serious." He tilts his head and his eyes penetrate me as he tries to decipher my every thought. I put on the most stern expression that I can muster and let out a breath.

"Aiyana's teaching me how to fight."

Silence.

A heavy, uncomfortable silence. I see Asher lean back against the table and his knuckles turn whiter and whiter as he grips the edge, staring at me with coldness.

"No.

-Excuse me?

-There's no way." He simply declares, spinning away from me. I cross my arms and approach him defiantly.

"You have no right to tell me what to do. I'm going to do it, wether you like it or not." He bends his head and the muscles in his back and shoulder tense completely.

"Why can't you just let it go Camilla?"

-Because I don't want to feel useless!" At my outburst he spins around again and traps my face in his warm hands. I resist the urge to lean into his touch.

"Why? Why can't you just accept that I want to keep you safe, unhurt?

-Because I'm my own person Asher, and I'm going to learn how to defend myself. Wouldn't want some of your earlier conquests to come back and rip my hair out now would we?" I whisper only half-jokingly, seeing the effect that my words have on him. He sighs and presses his forehead against mine.

"I do love your hair." He twirls a golden strand between his fingers and sighs again. "You're going to get hurt."

-Better than to die right?" His hold tightens and I wiggle uncomfortable.

"Don't say that.

-We both know it's true. Killian's after something, and it probably involves killing me off, and if something happens to you-

-Shh." Asher whispers, trailing a finger down my cheek. "Don't think about that."

A moment goes while we just stand in each other's arms, enjoying the warmth that the connection brings. If we could just stand in this perfect little bubble forever, I would without a doubt.

He breathes out heavily, coming to a conclusion with himself. It wouldn't matter what he said anyway, I would just feel better knowing that he's okay with it.

"Fine."

I look at him questioningly, with a hint of suspiciousness. "Seriously?"

He chuckles slightly, "Don't make me question my decision any more buttercup."

I peck him lightly on the lips and wiggle free of his grasp before he can come in for more. He pouts at me as I playfully back away, stepping outside of the room. "I'll leave you to your manly things then."

He shakes his head with a laugh as Damien and Jasper step into the room again. "Bye Ash."

-Bye buttercup." With that I close the door and let out a sigh of relief.

"CAMI MY BOO!" Jack comes sprinting down the hall and raises his hand to high-five me. When I ignore it he pouts and playfully slaps my arm. "Bitch."

-Ow. Okay, what's wrong?

-I heard you're gonna get at it with Aiyana.

-How?" He ignores me and saunters off, leaving me trying to keep up with him in puffs of strained air. We descent the stairs and the scent of Pam's marvellous cookies fills my senses.

"Prepare to be beaten to a pulp babe." He shrugs casually as I throw daggers at him.

-Okay? And why is that?" I ask defiantly, very well knowing that he's right. But nothing could have prepared me for what he says after, plopping a cookie into his mouth.

"She's the lead female fighter of the pack hon."

Oh.

Shit.

I gape at him in disbelief. He smirks back knowingly and lets out an uncontrollable giggle. "Yup, the bish gonna die."

-Thanks for the support Jack."

-No problem. But don't worry, I'll paint you a pretty picture when you're done with broken limbs. Hell, I'll even be your cheerleader. It'll be fun!"

I shake my head and slide down the side of the island counter as Pam gives me a pitiful smile.

What the hell have I done?

°°°°

A/N: YUP! JACK IS COMING BACK STRONG GUYS!

I've decided to cut a bit back on Asher time and get the storyline going. So be prepared for a load of stupidness from their parts lolz.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 32 20
"I have a partner, you can't stay in the Power Axis pack." Alpha Oswald smirked "I think that's what rejection stands for." I retorted with a wince...
8.2M 194K 100
"WHY CAN'T YOU GET IT INSIDE YOUR HEAD?" He trapped my trembling body between his arms and slammed his fist into the wall. I flinch at the sound as I...
208K 5.9K 28
Alec's hand gripped my wrist hard, "You're coming with me back to my pack." He stated. "No, I'm not." I pushed myself to say this. His nails were now...
1.1M 41.5K 49
Liam was actually excited to find his mate. It would be nice to have someone to help him with pack business. Keeping the borders safe and punishing r...