Book I - As Cold as Ice (Trav...

By zanesimp

A demon father. A deceased mother. A horrible past. And then out of no where, a guy with white hair and emera... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
A/N: Please Read
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Epilogue
A/N - Must Read (Please)
A/N - Very Important

Chapter 1

11.8K 265 361
By zanesimp

Hi, I'm back! Now, I've been rereading my book, and I think that I should redo my first chapter because it didn't seem that great and I realized how much it sounded like someone else's chapter in their book, so I've decided to fix mine so I don't run into any complications. I hope you enjoy, and if not, sucks to be you.✌️️

---------------------------------------------

My feet were in a pool of ice water as I paraded through the snow, water leaking into my boots and numbing my feet to the point where they might fall off my foot.

My breaths came out in clouds that I watched until they disappeared into the air.

I shook my head, thinking about how stupid I looked when I kept looking up and down over and over again.

I heard a rustle in the bushes that were a few paces next to me, and I whipped my head around, grabbing the handle of my sword and unsheathing it.

The white powder that once formed a perfectly smooth surface on the bush was now smothered and filed with cracks and holes as I shoved my sword into the bush, stabbing who or whatever was in there.

When I lifted my blade, it was going through the body of a chicken.

Its wings were hanging limply at its sides, and blood was dripping from my blade and onto my hand.

"Oh great." I sarcastically muttered before flinging the carcass off my sword.

My head practically shook itself and I put my sword back in its sheath.

A few more steps led me to a frozen stream, and I tried to walk across it.

I picked a stone path that ran through the middle, but to my dismay, I took a misstep, and the ice cracked.

"Oh shi-" I got cut off as something wrapped around my wrist.

I whipped my head, prepared to stab whatever grabbed me, but my hand froze around the handle of my sword as I saw a guy.

His hair was as white as the snow falling around us, and his eyes were an almost impossible shade of green.

He pulled me up back onto a stone, and gripped his jacket as my feet started slipping.

"You okay?" I heard him ask, and I slowly nodded.

I probably wouldn't have died from the water, but if I had fallen in, the cold might've been too much for my body to handle.

We hopped along the remaining stones, and when we got to the other side, I ripped my arm out of his hand.

"Thanks." I murmured before walking away. To my dismay, I heard his footsteps following mine until he was next to me.

"Where are you going?" I heard him ask. "I don't know." Was all I said before picking up my pace. He followed in suit.

"What do you mean 'I don't know'?" He asked, and gave him a 'really' look. "It means, I don't know." I said before walking even faster. He mirrored my legs and kept up.

"You should know where you're going, you know." He said with a smile. "You could get lost." He finished.

I shrugged took a narrow turn through a clump of bushes.

"Wait a second, how'd you stop me from falling in time?" I asked, legitimately confused. He put his hand to his chin and held it in thought before smirking.

"Well, while you were crossing the river, I was walking back to my campsite to pick up my red stone dust when you nearly fell in, so I ran to the river and saved your life. You're welcome." He said with an outstretched hand.

I looked at it and back at him with skepticism. "What?" I asked, and he faltered.

"Well, don't people shake hands when they first meet." He stammered. I felt my face flush as I remembered how little I've interacted with other people.

"Oh." I said as I looked at the ground, and I shook his hand.

"Names Travis! Yours?" He asked with a friendly smile. "(Y/N)." I responded.

We stood there in awkward silence for a while. It made me remember why I hate talking to people.

"Well bye." I said as I turned around, my hand waving in his direction.

"Wait!" He said and caught back up with me.

Give it a rest!

"What do you want?" I asked with a straight face, annoyance in my tone.

He gave me a fake pout face, but it quickly went away as his head started whipping in all directions.

"What are you do-" he cut me off with the wave of his hand.

The bushes around started rustling, and I whipped around.

After taking a step backwards, I hit his back. His arm moved to his waist, and he pulled out a ruby sword.

I shrugged and took mine out as well, its blackness glistening against the sun.

He stared at it for a moment before turning his attention back to the bushes, which had started shaking more violently.

Then they stopped. They just stopped shaking.

"What the-" he started, but hen I smelled them.

"Trolls." I mumbled before a dozen or so little, green men with clubs and gangs jumped out of the bushes.

"Great. Just what I wanted." He said before lifting his hand to block me from the little monsters.

"Stay behind me." He said, and I scoffed.

He lunged toward the creatures before slashing at them. He was a blur of red and silver as his sword sliced through the torsos of every goblin.

They would raise their clubs to strike him, but he'd slice the wood in half as if it was a knife through water.

"Cool..." I trailed off before hearing a sound from behind me.

I whipped around in time to catch the barrel of a wooden club in my hands. It was aimed for my back, but catching it caught the troll off guard.

He tried to rip the club out of my hand, but I held firm.

When I got bored, I let him have it.

He raised it in the air to strike, but I twirled around and roundhouse kicked him in the stomach.

With a shocked expression on its face, the goblin went flying into the ice water of the river.

When I turned around, three other trolls were surrounding me while Travis was still busy with his own group of goblins.

I shrugged and twirled the handle of my sword between my fingers. It's not like I was gonna stand still anyways.

They came charging all at once, their clubs raised in the air and ready to bring it down on my head without a moments hesitation.

I blocked all of their clubs with my sword, and surged forward, knocking their clubs out of their hands.

While they stood defenseless, I sliced at them. Their bodies fell limp to the floor as their necks started spurring blood.

"I'm sorry." I murmured, so quiet, it might as well have been nothing more than a breath.

"Nice!" I heard Travis say as he threw a club to the ground, probably belonging to one of the trolls he killed.

"Thanks." Was all I said before sticking my sword back in its sheath.

I started walking away again when he grabbed my wrist.

"Wait! My friends and I are leaving the island!" He said, and I froze dead in my tracks.

"You found a way to leave?" I asked with wide eyes.

He nodded. "And plus, you're too cute to leave behind." He said with a wink, making my face redden.

"Just shut up and take me to your ship!" I yelled before yanking my hand out of his grip.

He raised his hands in his defense, and led me to his ship.

---------------------------------------------

When we got there, it wasn't a huge boat, but it definitely wasn't a little dingy.

A girl with black hair and purple cat ears was talking to a guy with brown hair and orange cat ears while another girl with blue hair and blue cat ears was trying to keep two children from jumping into the ocean.

I giggled at the sight, and Travis whistled with two fingers in his mouth, getting everyone's attention.

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is (Y/N)!" He exclaimed before motioning to me. I felt myself get flustered, and I quickly looked away.

Why would he introduce me like that?!

I shook my head, and looked back up.

The girl with the black hair had stopped her conversation with the guy with the brown hair and was walking over to me.

"Hi! I'm Aphmau, former Lord of Phoenix Drop." She said with a smile and an outstretched hand. I looked at it for a minute before hesitantly grabbing it, and shaking her hand.

"N-Nice to meet you." I murmured. She nodded before turning away.

"This is Laurence," she pointed to the guy with the brown hair. "this is Katelyn," she pointed to the girl with the blue hair. "and this is Nekoette and Dmitri." She finished, motioning to the children.

They were staring at me with curiosity glistening in their young, wide eyes. I smiled at them, and the boy's face became flustered while the little girl waved at me.

"See! You fit in already!" Travis whispered while nudging my elbow.

I smiled at his stupid joke, and started walking towards the boat.

"Are you sure you know what you're doing?" I asked, and he nodded. "Don't worry, we're getting out of here for sure." He said with a wink, and I nodded, suddenly feeling a little nauseous as my sleep and my hunger caught up with me.

I stumbled a bit, but Travis slung my arm around his shoulder. "Let's get you some food." He said as he hoisted me onboard.

When we got to the bedrooms, I had three apples and two chicken wings in my stomach.

"Dang you ate a lot!" Travis said as I sat down on the bed.

I snickered and pat my stomach. "Well, what can I say. Two days without food can really kill a person." I said with a satisfied smile.

He shook his head before standing up to leave. "Night." He said before blowing out the oil lamp by the room, engulfing the room in darkness.

Thank you Irene.

---------------------------------------------
LOL I didn't even check for typos. 😂

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4M 116K 34
PHANTASM SERIES BOOK 1 --- Tacenda; pl (plural only): Things that are not to be spoken about or made public. Things that are best left unsaid. --- He...
73.5K 2.2K 79
Your a Shadow Knight you love to see people in pain. Your like this because of Zane. He destroyed your village and killed your family right in front...
80.8K 1.9K 46
You live in the world of Minecraft. Your family has been killed when you where younger. You decide to get revenge by killing the source of everything...
41.1K 1.6K 10
After escaping prison, he had nowhere to go. Everyone was looking for him, even his alliances couldn't protect him from this one, and he was so weak...