Take a Chance

Av ParkBacon

[This is... cringe] Chanyeol is the captain of the basketball team at Pyojun High School. Baekhyun is the new... Mer

A/N
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29

Chapter 17

20.5K 1.3K 2K
Av ParkBacon

How's it going? I'm looking out the window and it's raining pretty hard :/ I can't help but feel that this day is going to be... Weird, I dunno.

Lol when did this become my diary? I hope you enjoy this chapter! This chapter is pretty boring... Jongdae tho... Lmao I'm making these chapters longer just cuz... I dunno

~

"Sorry, you can have it back...

I already have my Winnie the Pooh," Chanyeol stated and lightly pulled on Baekhyun's arm.

Baekhyun's face heated up quickly and he turned away from Chanyeol, hiding his blush.

"W-Why would you already have one?" Baekhyun questioned, stuttering slightly.

Chanyeol sighed and let go of Baekhyun, letting his arm fall to his side. "I like that fat bear a lot more than you think," he mentioned and got up from his spot, taking the blanket and throwing it over Baekhyun's head.

Baekhyun just blushed even further and pulled the blanket off of his head, peeking at Chanyeol who was stretching out his muscles. Chanyeol ventured out of the living room in search of his parents—if they were even there.

He didn't find them anywhere, and he scoffed when he realized that his parents ditched him at Baekhyun's house, leaving him to sleep on a couch.

On his way, he spotted more pictures of Baekhyun up in the hallway, along with someone who looked like his brother.

Chanyeol examined the pictures closely without saying anything, just thinking about how Baekhyun has and hasn't changed.

Once he was done with his small exploration, he limped back into the living room with Baekhyun following quietly behind him, not making a noise other than his footsteps on the carpet.

"D-Does your leg hurt?" Baekhyun questioned and Chanyeol nodded.

"I kind of sprained it."

"Was it because of... Me?" He asked and Chanyeol nodded again.

Chanyeol ran a hand through his hair and groaned, realizing what type of situation he was in.

He'd have to take the bus home—aka limping all the way to the bus stop, then, he'd have to go home and take a shower before going to school.

He wondered if he could get out of going to school that day, maybe ask Sehun for the notes in his classes.

Chanyeol pulled on his shoes begrudgingly and opened the door, only to be stopped by a small voice.

"Where are you going?" He questioned and Chanyeol turned around.

"Home, why wouldn't I?" He asked and Baekhyun turned away from his gaze once more, shrugging before saying something. "What?" Chanyeol wondered and Baekhyun shook his head.

Chanyeol got out of the place and closed the door, missing Baekhyun's almost inaudible 'bye'.

~

"How's your head, Baekhyun?" Mingyu asked and Baekhyun didn't seem to notice at all, staring off into space with a dazed look on his face. "I guess it's not doing that well..." Mingyu answered for him before going back to whatever he was doing on his phone.

"Is Chanyeol not going to school today?" Junmyeon questioned and Baekhyun snapped out of it, focusing on Sehun who answered.

"I don't really know... Supposedly he lost his phone or something, so he can't text me anything. I got notes for him anyways since he—for some reason—cares so much about grades," Sehun replied and Baekhyun let this information sink in.

He was feeling really miserable because he knew that Chanyeol was staying home because of him.

"I heard that he sprained his ankle too?" Xiumin questioned and now it was Junmyeon who answered.

"Yeah, I don't know how that kid did it but it will take around two weeks to heal it... Oh..." Junmyeon trailed off as he realized something that everyone else did at the same time.

"He won't be playing in the semi-finals?!" Half of them exclaimed as they stared at each other wide-eyed.

"Oh shit..." Sehun put his head in his hands and everyone felt the exactly same way.

"Well, we somehow pulled through the BTS game, so I'm sure we can do this!" Yixing said enthusiastically.

"But Yixing, the opponents get harder and harder... BTS was really good, so how are we supposed to win against these people? And without Chanyeol also? At least in the last game, he was there with us for the first half..." Jongin stated and Baekhyun tried to think of something to cheer them up with, but he came up blank.

"Baekhyun has a concussion, Chanyeol won't even be playing, what else? Suddenly someone blows up?"  Xiumin asked incredulously and all of a sudden Sehun coughed awkwardly.

"I uhh... Actually, can't go there this Thursday," he said quietly and Xiumin turned to him.

"You've got to be kidding me, Sehun..."

"I'm serious, I have to go to America for my brother's wedding," he grumbled.

"On that subject..." Mingyu looked at everyone depressingly. "I actually can't be there either," he admitted and everyone groaned.

"Wait wait wait. Don't we only have 5 members that are available to play? Including an injured one?" Junmyeon asked and everyone nodded. "What are we going to do?! We'll all be dead tired without even one sub!"

Baekhyun raised his hand and everyone at the table turned to him. "Um... I heard from Kyungsoo that there's someone who's actually really good at basketball... He just didn't join."

"Who is it?" Xiumin questioned before he had someone in his mind. "Don't tell me it's..."

"Jongdae," Baekhyun confirmed and each of them almost fell out of their seats.

"I can't play with him," Xiumin complained and Baekhyun raised an eyebrow. "Why? Well, because he's annoying as fuck!" Xiumin exclaimed and Baekhyun gasped.

"Xiumin, I never thought you'd..."

"I agree with Xiumin," Sehun called as he raised his hand.

"Get out of here Sehun. You're not even going to be playing." Baekhyun waved his hand and Sehun rolled his eyes. "Jongdae's not that bad, come on! As long as we get to play, right?" The other boys looked at each other for confirmation before Xiumin sighed.

"If he fucks anything up I'll fuck him up," Xiumin mentioned and Baekhyun nodded in agreement.

"Well," Junmyeon began. "I guess we're going to get Jongdae then."

~

Jongdae was walking around in the hallways when the team found him and surrounded him in the small space. It was the end of the day and most students were already out of school, minus the basketball team and Jongdae who stayed back to print photos.

"Hey, what's up?" Jongdae asked, not taking his eyes off of the photos he got. He kept walking forwards and the group followed him, keeping him 'contained'.

Baekhyun finally stepped forwards and put a hand on his chest. "We have something to ask..." Baekhyun trailed off and Jongdae looked up.

"What's in it for me?" He asked and Xiumin scoffed, crossing his arms.

"We just need you to join the basketball team for one game... Please," Baekhyun pleaded and Jongdae smirked.

"How are you going to pay me?" He asked and Baekhyun looked at him incredulously. "What? Everything has a price," he clucked his tongue and Baekhyun scowled.

"What do you want?" Baekhyun asked and instead of Jongdae asking for money like he expected, he said something completely different.

"Can I have Minseok for a day?" Jongdae requested and Xiumin scowled.

"I told you not to call me that," Xiumin snapped and Jongdae smirked, walking up to Xiumin.

"I can call you whatever I want." Jongdae turned to Baekhyun with a smirk on his face. "So am I going to play or not?"

"Baekhyun doesn't get to make that choice—" Xiumin was cut off by Baekhyun himself.

"Yup, take Xiumin for a day," Baekhyun finalized and Xiumin's jaw dropped.

"Baekhyun, how could you do this to me—"

"Oh right, and take these photos. These were from that one day, what, two months ago? I don't really remember," Jongdae handed Baekhyun a stack of polaroid photos and Baekhyun looked at the first one, a smile growing on his face. "Right, where's Chanyeol?" He questioned and Sehun once again said his answer.

"We don't really know, he lost his phone or something so—"

"Oh, haha! That's because I have his phone." They looked at Jongdae questioningly, waiting for him to answer. "I found it, and I kept it," he stated while shrugging his shoulders.

"And then what happened?" Baekhyun asked and Jongdae grinned at them.

"Well... Get this..." He gathered everyone in front of him and leaned in as if it was the greatest secret. "I made him date Dara for a month if he wanted it back, amazing right?" Jongdae said as if it was the best thing in the world, but it was actually the contrary.

Everything went dead silent in the hallway and for once...

It seemed as if Yixing understood too.

"Y-You what?" Baekhyun stammered and Jongdae began cackling.

"I paid Dara 200 dollars to date Chanyeol, and I also made a deal with Chanyeol!" He exclaimed, throwing his arms up in the air and backing up a step.

Baekhyun felt his whole world rip in two and he almost fell to the ground in shock.

"Are you serious?" Sehun screeched a bit too high-pitched for a man like him. "You were the one who...?!"

Everything went into an outrage as everyone panicked, asking a question every millisecond.

Baekhyun kept his mouth shut and cast his eyes on the ground, an inexplicable pain shooting through his heart.

He didn't know if he should be feeling relieved that Chanyeol wasn't dating her, mad that Chanyeol never said anything, or intensely guilty. He thought back to all the things he said about Chanyeol behind his back and to his face, and about how he wanted to take it back now.

So Chanyeol wasn't paying her?

So that relationship was all fake?

"Haha, yup! They played it off pretty well, right? They even kissed!" Jongdae mentioned giddily.

Was everything between them a lie?

... But what about the things he said about me behind my back? What are those...

Are they also lies?

Baekhyun couldn't take the whirlwind of his mind and the speaking of his friends anymore so he turned around and pushed pass their little group, sprinting away.

He pulled the door to the empty classroom open and stumbled in, tripping on his feet. The photos scattered on the floor as he landed on the ground but he ignored the pain he felt in his body, the thoughts in his mind taking over.

So he was deceiving us this entire time...

Baekhyun felt like crying, yet he also felt like screaming in joy.

What is wrong with me? Have I gone mad?

Why does Chanyeol always have to...

"That stupid giant!" Baekhyun cursed, pounding his fist on the floor beneath him.

He felt so incredibly sad for some reason, like all of his sadness caught up to him, replacing what he's felt for hitting Chanyeol in the face.

He heard footsteps behind him in the hallway but he just sat there, not moving an inch from his spot. He saw a shadow of someone's figure and he found it oddly familiar.

"Baekhyun?" A voice rang out and Baekhyun turned around, meeting Dara who stood there with a worried look on her face. "Are you alright?"

Baekhyun opened his mouth to say something but he ended up closing it and opening it again, resembling a fish. There's Dara... His 'girlfriend'.

"Sorry, I was just passing by and I saw the door open... Is something the matter?" She asked and Baekhyun bit his lip, his eyes getting wet due to the unshed tears.

"Dara..." His ideas were going miles per minute, passing by every crack in his mind and filling it with incomprehensible nonsense. "D-did you... Were you guys ever..." Baekhyun struggled with his words, not knowing what to say.

Dara walked up to him and held out a hand in which he took gratefully, pulling himself up. "You seem messed up... You wanna have a seat and talk about it?" She suggested and Baekhyun nodded like a child, following her into the room he knew better.

They both sat down in the chairs and Baekhyun squeezed his hands in his lap, still trying to find something to say.

"What's up?" She asked and Baekhyun suddenly thought that Dara seemed different than usual. Not the flowery dumb type of girl she was with Chanyeol.

Right... That's because it was all an act.

"You and Chanyeol..." He took in a breath and stared into Dara's eyes. "You guys aren't real, right?"

She looked away from Baekhyun and her face showed guilt. "Yes..."

Baekhyun let out a breath he didn't know he was keeping, and with that information, he went into a question spree. "D-Does that mean your kisses meant nothing? Does that mean Chanyeol doesn't even like you?" He took in a shaky breath, continuing. "So he never cheated on you with someone else? Slept behind your back? Does that mean I... That I've been worrying for nothing? He actually lied about all of this?"

"Baekhyun, slow down—"

"Does that mean what he said about me was also lies?" Baekhyun's voice cracked and he didn't even know that he was crying until he felt something wet on his hand. "About me b-being annoying? And about how he wanted me out of my life?"

Dara looked at him shocked and Baekhyun continued, wiping at his tears angrily. He's been pretending that the words didn't hurt him that much, but it still stung as much as when he first hear them. "Yeah, I heard it all. He hates it when I call him Channie, he wants to cut me from the team, he thinks I stick like glue... He thinks I'm useless, right?" Baekhyun asked, trying to confirm it.

His eyes held a look of fire in them and Dara was at a loss of words, now being the one not knowing what to do.

"Baekhyun..."

"Just tell me the truth, Dara!" Baekhyun yelled as he stood up from his spot, his hands balling up into fists at his sides. "Tell me the truth so I can get over his stupid ass!"

Dara tried to say something, but she couldn't.

She always noticed Baekhyun when he was staring at Chanyeol, and she always knew. She always knew that there was something more behind the way Baekhyun and Chanyeol innocently laughed together, the way they stared at each other like they were the only ones in their world, the way they talked about each other, the way they even acted like each other.

She knew that the relationship she was currently having with Chanyeol was damaging whatever the two boys had, and yet she just continued.

She realized then that it was a bad idea to go with one of Jongdae's deals... He was known as the annoying and troublesome troll for a reason.

She had made up her mind. She wasn't going to help them solve their relationship... They would have to do it themselves. Because even if she did help, in the future they'd have more problems to go through and what if no on helped them then? Chanyeol did say those words, and even if Dara knew that he meant none of them, he still said them. He can't make those stupid mistakes in the future because then everything would definitely break.

So, with thoughts of helping them in mind, she readied herself.

"Yes, Baekhyun. He thinks that you're useless, and that you're really annoying. He does hate it when you call him Channie and stick to him like glue... He even told me that he hated your guts." That wasn't a lie, because Chanyeol had told her that when she had teased him about Baekhyun. "I'm sorry..." Dara trailed off and watched in half horror and half sadness when Baekhyun's angry facade completely crumbled to pieces and was replaced with a look of complete heartbreak. "He wants you out of his life," she finished and saw as multiple more of those tears rolled down Baekhyun's cheeks.

He sniffled and he was about to sprint out of the room before Dara stood up and grabbed his arm, halting him. It wouldn't hurt to push a little, would it?

"Baekhyun, you can give up on him now, if you want. You can make him completely disappear from your mind and never come back but..." She tightened her grip on Baekhyun's arm, trying to get him to understand. "Remember how much he means to you. Think about all the times he's made you feel like you were head over Nike's, like you had a swarm of rainbow butterflies eating your insides... Don't give up on him. Give him a chance... I know he's stupid, but you also need to take a chance, let him in... Just for a bit. And by the end of next week, make a decision."

Baekhyun had turned away from her, crying silently as he listened to her words.

"Make a decision on whether or not he's going to stay in your heart," she finished and let Baekhyun's arm go.

Baekhyun stood frozen in his spot and Dara walked out of the room slowly, closing the door behind her.

"I did all I could, Chanyeol..." She muttered to herself and looked straight, walking to the exit of the school. "It's all up to you to take this chance."

----------

[A/N]

Ooh. Drama bama...

Don't you guys love Dara? Huhuhu yes I do too... How was that Jongdae troll? He's dumb, yes I know. Hmmm I suck at emotional scenes, kill me now.

I've had people come to me saying that they admire me for my writing and I'm like:

'Hah. Haha. Yes, admire someone with sucky plots that move way too fast, characters who have random mood swings, and terrible 'emotional' scenes.'

*Sigh* hey I have a question that y'all will probably not answer because who even reads super long A/Ns?

If I published another story about some mythical Chanbaek plot, would you guys read it or nah? Of course, I'd publish it after Take a Chance is finished :3

K, I'll C you guys later! Please answer the question~

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

44.3K 2.3K 33
"I-It felt so real tho.." "It's 2 in the morning, let me have my beauty sleep." Byun Baekhyun, that one kid that has everything going rig...
592K 28.1K 64
He is Byun Baekhyun, the only son of Mr. and Mrs. Byun who are both working in Park's corporation. Mr. Byun as the general manager and Mrs. Byun as o...
468K 21.5K 32
baekhyun desperately needs a job, so when a mysterious manager of a huge company offers him one he does not hesitate. even if the job comes with a st...
15.9K 691 26
Baekhyun and Chanyeol were high school sweethearts until their forceful departure resulted in a grudge. Years later, Chanyeol is a rising legend whil...