Unbreakable➳ Lahey [book 2]

By akalei

Kate Argent's dead. Derek's an alpha with a new pack. Gerard Argent head of the hunters is in town, declare... More

Unbreakable
It's Not Stupid At All
Sit Still and Shut up
Daire channels Sokka, the face palming king
Sword in the Moonlight
The Grandfucker
Daire ships Outlaw Queen
Your Butt is Crushing Me!
It wasn't Celestial Gate Keys
Who's under the Ice?
An Unfair Battle
All Bark and No Bite
Je te Protegerai
Elfman or the Abomination?
Great the Lizard Can't Swim!
Crystals aren't always a girl's best friend
Isaac the Asshat
Margaritas and Sweaty Shirtless Men
Son of a Bitch
The Jackass has more than two brain cells?
Gone for 10 minutes and everything goes to hell
Confusing Boys and Well-Deserved PB&J
Sucky Plans and Magic Dust
Daire's Tired of Saving Jackass' Ass
Everything That Can Go Wrong... Will (Goddamnit!)
What is it to be a Monster?
Bandaids and Hallucinatory Drugs
The Gibbs Gut
Choosing Sides
Life Moves On and So Does Daire
Let The Game Begin
Checkmate
Everything Will Be Okay
Battle Scars

Palpable Emotions

8.8K 261 50
By akalei

The duties of a lacrosse monkey are never completed, and as much as Daire enjoyed being able to stare at hot af muscles, she did not enjoy the fact that Greenberg would try to cope a feel at every open opportunity. Which is why she is currently procrastinating giving Coach his daily dosage of caffeine while sitting in front of the school steps waiting for Lydia and Allison to arrive.

Today would be Lydia's first day back since she decided to sleep walk in her birthday suit through the woods. And despite her cold and bitchy exterior Daire knew her strawberry blonde friend would not want to face her juvenile and judge-mental classmates alone. 

" Your going to get your jeans dirty," Lydia remarked as she and Allison reached the stairs. With a role of her eyes and a smile Daire got up and hugged the strawberry blonde.

"How are you feeling? little miss. I walked around in the woods butt naked?" Daire joked after she pulled away.

"Other than confused," she began walking up the steps, "I feel fantastic."

And boy did she look it too, her hair soft and curly, and she wore a tight purple sleeved dress that looked amazing on her. You never would have guessed that she decided to try survival of the naked.

"Were the doctors able to give you any kind of explanation?" Allison asked as they joined Lydia up the stairs.

She shook her head, strawberry blonde curls bouncing. "They call it a fugue state. Meaning that they have no idea why the hell I was running around the woods naked for four days. But I dont care. I lost nine pounds!"

They were in front of the double doors and Lydia just stopped, frozen in place. Daire squeezed her shoulder with the hand not containing Finstock's coffee.

"You sure you want to do this? Are you positive your going to be okay?"

Lydia looked at her and Daire could see a fire burning behind her eyes. It reminded her of Yona (from Yona of the Dawn), a fire of determination burned behind those green eyes and Daire knew that Lydia would be okay.

Lydia opened the door, "Of course I am. It's not like my mom is a crazy serial killer."

Yep she would be fine.

They followed Lydia as she strutted inside, at least until she stopped and looked like her mom just caught her stealing out of the cookie jar. Everyone in the hall just stopped and stared at them, catching a glance at the new "nut job" of Beacon Hills as some asshats stated. Lets just say they 'tripped' down the stairs.  They were all gawking at her and Lydia just stood there awkwardly fidgeting. Allison shot her cousin a look.

Daire leaned in closer and whispered, "Babe its totally the nine pounds."

With that boost of confidence Lydia pushed her shoulders back and held her beautiful head up high. She strut forward, like a model on a runway. Once Lydia disappeared into the hallway they crowd just continued to stare at the Argent girls.

Raising a dark eyebrow Daire looked at them, " What the hell are you all looking at?" 

On that note all the teens cleared the hallway and Daire went off to hand Coach his now cold coffee.

Daire reached the field and handed Finstock his coffee, joining him in watching their morning drills. Thankfully he didn't mind that it was cold because he had Scott to deal with.

Right Scott, who was playing goalie, the one position he hated almost as much as Daire hated when Fairy Tail went on hiatus (that is a lot of hate). Daire had no idea what the two idiots were thinking but when Finstock blew his whistle and tossed a ball to the first player in line. He started running towards the goal, preparing to send the ball sailing through the air. Seconds after he left his place in line, Scott charged out of the goal and promptly slammed the other player on the ground.

" What the fuck is he doing?" Daire murmured as she watched Scott lean in and sniff  the kid.

All of the sudden Daire felt fear course threw her veins. It was weird. It felt foreign in her body. Like she was tapping into someone else's psyche. She looked up once the fear ebbed away and the emotion was almost like a dull ache in the back of her head. 

"Argent, Stilinski," Coach began grabbing the two teens attention, " What the hell is wrong with your friend?"

Stiles and Daire looked at each other. 

" Ah he's failing two classes, he's a little socially awkward" Stiles said.

"He's never seen Star Wars, doesn't watch anime and if you look close enough his jawline is a little uneven." Daire supplied looking at Scotty boy run back to the goal.

With a closer look at Scott,"Thats interesting" and Finstock let the two of them go. 

Again Scott ran out of the goal and tackled the next player who just so happened to be Danny. Daire found the whole situation hilarious, Danny being Danny told Scott he was wearing Armani because he could tell that Scott was smelling him. It made her life. Finstock....not so much.

" McCall! If you get out of that net one more time, you'll be doing suicide runs till you die. It'll be the first ever suicide run that actually ends in suicide! Got it?" 

Scott nodded, dragging his stick and himself back to the goal.

With a lame ass excuse Jackson left the field, not even waiting for an answer and shot Daire a glare as he went.... Jackass.

Suddenly Daire felt a spike of aggression in the mix of fear she had pushed back. Her gaze drifted to Isaac. His shoulders were moving erratically, like he was breathing heavy or was really angry. The whistle screeched and he caught the ball with extreme precision. It reminded Daire of her and Scotts own supernaturally enhanced reflexes.

Thats when it hit her. She was feeling his emotions. The whole sniffing thing was one of Stiles stupid plans, and they were looking for Derek's first beta.

"Fuck" Daire whispered.

Her suspicions were confirmed as Scott and Isaac charged at each other. It reminded her of all those anime battles when the two powerful opponents charged at one another at full force. The two of them collided and crashed to the ground. Daire knew that the two were staring at each other with golden eyes. Their emotions were thick and almost palpable in the air, and Daire knew that even her own eyes changed for a second with all the tension in the air. 

Daire could hear the crunching of foot steps and threw widened eyes saw Sheriff Stilinski and two deputies flanking him on the other end of the field. Not good.

Ten minutes later, the practice was over. Daire watched Isaac get placed into the back of a cop car.

"Scott, what the hell is happening?" Stiles asked as Scott joined them. 

Daire and Scott listened in, and what Daire heard had her covering a gasp with her hand.

"Isaac's father is dead," Scott filled in for Stiles. "I think it was murder."

Daire couldn't believe what she was hearing. Sure she never met the man but she had heard that it was just him and Isaac. Apparently his mother and his brother passed away years before and at that point Daire didn't want to ask anymore questions.

" Are they saying Isaac's a suspect?" Stiles questioned.

Daire looked at him with a wide eyes. Isaac, tall, shy and kind Isaac. The boy from her chemistry class that she had the biggest crush on, suspect of murder? On top of that patricide? 

" Are you serious?" She asked shocked.

Stiles shrugged. "They have to take everything into account. So are they?"

Scott shook his head. "I'm not sure why?"

"Because they can lock him in a holding cell for twenty four hours," Stiles whispered.

"Like overnight?" Scott asked.

"Yeah, on the full moon," Stiles said, a grave look on his face.

"Ah hell," Daire muttered running a hand through her hair.

Newbie werewolf + holding cell + full moon = shit pot exploding

Scott's eyebrows rose, "How good are those holding cells at holding people?"

"People, good. Werewolves, probably not that good." 

"Guys, remember when we said that we don't have the urge to maim and kill?" Scott sighed, "he does."

Daire gulped and nervously rain her hand threw her hair again, "Thats not entirely true"

Both Scott and Stiles turned to face her, "What do you mean."

"Well...I think I can feel emotions, have been since the start. I just realized it now though," Daire looked at her two friends who both held looks of shock and confusion.

" And Isaac, as much as he feels the bloodlust of the full moon. He's terrified." 

"Wait so let me get this straight," Scott stopped and looked at Daire, " Can you feel our emotions?"

Daire tilted her head to the side and closed her eyes, imagining a string that connected her to her friends. At the sudden surge of foreign emotions, she opened her eyes and nodded.

Stiles grinned, " Looks like your empathic, Batgirl"

YOSH!!!

I'm so sorry my lovelies for the very late update, school has been crazy with AP testing and life has been pretty complicated. But I hope this makes up for it.... so Daire has a new power..... I know I told you guys she wasn't a werewolf but any ideas on what she could be?? I would love to hear your guesses 😜

Let me know what you guys thought about this chapter I always love reading your comments, they make my day!! 

As always please vote and comment 

💜 Ash

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132K 2.6K 32
with derek hale as the new alpha the gang find new threats in beacon hills teen wolf | s2
15.1K 651 15
"Okay so... Peter bit Scott and now Scott's a werewolf, but the girl he had been flirting with before Peter even bit him just happens to be an Argent...
106K 2.8K 25
After everything that has happened to Clara and her friends, they all thought everything would go back to normal, well as normal as you can get in Be...
768K 15.9K 24
She's not broken, she's stronger than ever Daire Argent isn't like most teenage girls. As the daughter of Kate Argent, she has been raised to hunt we...