PANIC CORD ━━━ l.skywalker ΒΉ

By tilmourning

❝ 𝘐'π˜“π˜“ π˜ˆπ˜“π˜žπ˜ˆπ˜ π˜š π˜Šπ˜–π˜”π˜Œ π˜‰π˜ˆπ˜Šπ˜’ π˜›π˜– π˜ π˜–π˜œ ❞ Clary Solo would do anything for her brother; little... More

foreword
cast & soundtrack
i
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
ii
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
iii
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
epilogue
sequel

17

9.3K 324 265
By tilmourning

S E V E N T E E N

Head pounding and heart racing, Clary follows after the squad of six Stormtroopers as they lead Han, Leia, Dana, Chewie, and Clary herself, down the hall. She glances warily at the soldiers, then to her brother. He turns his head slightly, signaling that he knows she's looking, but doesn't turn it all the way; it won't matter. They can't say anything anyway.

C-3P0 remains the most animated of the group, continuously turning his head and muttering things as he waves his only arm that Chewbacca had managed to attach before they were dragged out of the prison, waving it intermittently and pointing, gesturing every now and then before covering his eyes with fright.

"If only you had attached my legs, I wouldn't be in this ridiculous position!" He finally voices out-loud. Clary glances up to look at the droid, attached to Chewbacca's back, the rest of his body dismembered and somewhere scattered in Chewbacca's pack. Chewie groans at C-3P0's statement as the droid continues, "Now, remember Chewbacca, you have a responsibility to me — so don't do anything foolish."

Clary snorts as the group is finally ushered into a chamber-like room. She sees Lando and Cal immediately, and at the sight of them Chewbacca begins growling dangerously. Clary walks up to the Wookiee, grabbing his paw reassuringly as she turns a hard stare on the two. Cal meets her gaze evenly before glancing to Han, who sneers in their direction. Lando glances at him, a look similar to guilt wracked upon his face.

"What's going on...buddy?"

Lando hesitates; his eyes flash in Clary's direction, looking fleetly and anxious, before glancing back at Han. "You're being put into carbon freeze."

"Carbon freeze?" Clary exclaims, eyes wide and body trembling with fear for the fate of her one and only brother. "He could die!"

Lando clenches his jaw, but doesn't say anything. Clary glowers at him angrily. So much for trust to an old friend, she thinks bitterly, her heart aching.

One of the bounty hunters, one Clary recognizes to be the legendary Boba Fett, nods in Darth Vader's direction. "What if he doesn't survive?" he adds on to Clary's concern. "He's worth a lot to me, him and his sister." He glances Clary's way, as if knowing she's staring. Chills rush up Clary's spine as Vader also turns his head to watch the younger Solo sibling.

"The Empire will compensate you if he dies. Put him in!" Vader replies, turning away. Clary inhales sharply, feeling her eyes water. She feels her hands shake but not from fear, but anger. She feels angry at how the Empire — at how Vader — can easily disregard her brother's life as if it means nothing. His life means everything to her; his existence is her life.

She's brought out of her thoughts as Chewbacca howls wildly, attacking the Stormtroopers surrounding him and Han. Within seconds, reinforcements join the scuffle, clubbing the giant Wookiee with their laser weapons. Heart racing, Clary joins the epidemic, attempting to push her way through as the argument ensues.

"Oh, no! No, no! Stop, Chewbacca, stop!" cries C-3P0, distressed and scared as he continues to scream in panic.

Clary is at Chewbacca's side immediately; if not for the Wookiee, than for her herself. It's almost as if it's part of her instinct to go to Chewie for comfort. She grabs his arm gently and Han turns towards the two.

"Chewie, this isn't going to help me." He glances at the Stormtroopers as he adds; "You need to protect the princess now. And Clary...never let her out of your sight."

Clary's eyes are brimming with tears as she watches Han being ushered towards his fate. She swallows and her throat is sore, making the action painful. She wants nothing more than to disappear — she wants nothing more than for someone or something to come in and save her brother. She feels completely and utterly helpless and it makes her feel guilty most of all.

"Han —" she starts but her voice breaks off, the lump growing in her throat. Han turns, looking back at her over his shoulder, and the look in his eyes softens. His stern, cold, calculating gaze seems to always soften when looking at his younger sister.

"Don't worry, sunshine," He's smiling but Clary sees the glimmer of sadness shining in his eyes. "You don't need me around to shine bright."

The Stormtroopers holding onto his arms push him forward. Clary can hardly breathe as she watches her brother walk closer and closer to his fate.

She swallows the lump in her throat, fists clenched. She isn't going to lose the one thing that's most important to her; she isn't going to lose what's left of her family. Acting on impulse, Clary barely has time to register what she's doing before she steps forward, racing towards her brother. She manages to avoid a few Stormtroopers racing to grab onto her, but she's stopped as Cal grabs her by the arms, pulling her back.

"Stop!" Clary screams. "Let me go!"

Cal says nothing. He only retaliates against Clary's fidgeting as she attempts to break away from his grasp. She feels the gaze of a few Stormtroopers standing nearby, their weapons ready, but she doesn't look to them, but to the man who started all of this.

"Vader, please!" Her throat feels raw as she calls out her pleas. The masked Sith Lord doesn't dare to turn to face Clary, but he raises a hand when more guards attempt to start towards Clary. "He's my brother...please, he's the only family I have left. We'll go to Jabba, we'll do anything you say, please, just don't do this. Please don't carbon freeze him —"

Her cries are cut short as the lump in her throat grows, becoming so overwhelming that she can't bear it any longer. The tears stream down her face and this is the most vulnerable she's ever been; she's suddenly reminded that no matter how old she grows, she'll always feel as if she's a child compared to Han. Her dependency on Han is her weakness and she knows that. She's always known.

There's a heavy silence that fills the freezing chamber. The only sound that can be heard is the slow and steady breathing of Darth Vader, adding to the tension that has settled. For a fleeting moment, Clary thinks that he's actually considered her words — that freezing Han is a waste of time, and to just send them along with Boba Fett will be much easier. But her rising hopes are crushed as Vader turns to the guards holding onto Han.

"Put him in."

Clary doesn't have the strength to fight Cal pulling her backwards. She feels her legs crumble underneath her, and she falls to the ground on her knees, shaking violently as tears stream down her face. Never has she heard of a case where someone has survived carbon freeze.

"Han —" Leia's voice catches Clary off guard, and she barely glances up in time to see Han lean forward, kissing the princess swiftly and passionately. The exchange makes Clary's heart grow heavy, and as Han pulls away, she notices the tears streaming down Leia's face.

"I love you!" she exclaims as he's dragged away. He's standing on the hydraulic platform, positioned and waiting for his fate as their eyes meet once more.

"I know."

The tears continue to well up in Clary's eyes and Han's gaze finally meets hers. She blinks, and from her watery vision, she barely manages to make out Han's all familiar smirk; it's weak and forced, but she barely has the time to scan his face one more time before the platform drops and he disappears.

Clary's eyes shut tightbas her sobs continue to wreck her. Never, in all her life, has she felt pain as terrible as this. Han has always been her other half — he's always been there for her, he's always watched out for her. He's always been her brother. She loves him more than anything in her entire life. And just like that, just in a few mere seconds, that all was taken away from her.

Instantly, fiery liquid begins to pour down in a shower of sparks and fluid, burning and powerful. Clary's paid so much attention to staring blankly at where her brother had once been standing that she's hardly noticed Cal has dragged her back to her feet and back towards Leia, Chewbacca and the others.

Chewie grabs onto Clary instinctively, holding her close. Leia half-turns from the sight, the tears staining her cheeks, while Clary remains blank and empty.

"Oh!" C-3P0 exclaims. After the Wookiee had turned, he's finally been able to see what's gone on. "They've encased him in carbonite. He should be quite well-protected...if he survives the freezing process, that is."

Chewie snaps at C-3P0 and the droid stops talking almost instantly. Clary blinks, eyes red and dry.

A huge, mechanical tong is lowered into the space where the platform had disappeared, lifting the steaming, metal-encased Han out of the vat, setting him down on the platform. The guards rush over, pushing the block over; it falls onto the metal platform with a loud clang, and they continue to slide the coffinlike structure, lifting it into a secure electronic box. They step away as Lando approaches, kneeling as he adjusts the knobs, measuring the heat. He lets out a loud sigh of relief, and Clary raises her head a little higher.

"Well, Calrissian," Vader drones. "Did he survive?"

"Yes," Lando replies, voice shaky. "He's alive. And in perfect hibernation."

Clary finds herself lost for words. Han had survived. He was alive, despite being frozen in hibernation. She barely has the time to be relieved as Vader turns to Boba Fett.

"He's all yours, bounty hunter. Him and his sister." He looks back to the Imperial officers standing nearby. "Reset the chamber for Skywalker."

Clary inhales sharply. Luke. She had nearly forgotten him amongst all the chaos and tears. Luke, the boy whose glittering blue eyes remained both childlike and intoxicating. Luke, the boy who comforted Clary when Han wasn't near, the boy who held her softly and gently, the boy whose kind smile and glittering eyes gave her the home she'd always been searching for.

"Skywalker has just landed, my lord."

"Good. See to it that he finds his way here." The officer nods, then ushers to a few Stormtroopers standing nearby and they exit the chamber. Vader turns, gesturing to Lando. "Calrissian, take the princess and the others to my ship."

Lando blinks. "You said they'd be left in the city under my supervision."

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Before Lando even has the chance to retort, the great Sith Lord has already started towards the door, followed by more guards.

Clary, however, feels empty. She can't move, despite the fact Cal is gripping her tightly by the arm, waving off any Imperial guards and even Boba Fett as he leads her out of the chamber. She tries to think about Han, she tries to think about Luke, but all her sense are numb. Right now, she is at her most vulnerable. Right now, she is terrified.

"Skywalker," Cal says suddenly. Clary blinks.

"What?"

"The one Vader's after. Do you know him?"

She blinks again, numb to what she's hearing. Had she heard him right? Everything right now feels like a dream to Clary — a dream she so desperately wants to wake up from.

"You gotta keep talking to me, Clary," Cal shakes his head as they turn the corner. "You need to talk to me if you want my help."

"I never said I wanted your help." Clary's found her voice again, and she meets Cal's gaze defiantly. "My brother means the most to me and you couldn't even save him."

Cal scoffs under his breath, avoiding Clary's accusing gaze as they continue down the corridor. They stop, suddenly, at the sight of Boba Fett and two guards; they're pushing the encased, carbonated body of Han. Clary inhales sharply at the sight, but she can't watch any longer as Cal tugs on her arm, pulling her in the other direction.

"What does Skywalker mean to you?" Cal asks suddenly. Clary looks at him, stunned by his question. She opens her mouth, but can't find the words to describe how she really feels. She knows she shouldn't answer Cal whole-heartedly, especially since all he's done is act suspicious and conniving, but at the same time, she feels some sort of connection, as if she's seen his eyes before. As if she can trust him.

Clary doesn't have the chance to reconsider her reply as they're stopped suddenly by a group of Stormtroopers. Leia, Chewie, Dana and Lando are behind them, and Cal opens his mouth to give a smart answer, but they're shoved into the group before he has the chance to say a thing. Clary merely obliges — she can't find the energy to fight back, not when Han is no longer with her.

"You're okay?" Dana hisses. "I thought you were being taken with Han."

Clary doesn't reply. She wishes she had been taken alongside her brother — at least that way they'd be together. She walks in silence, feeling Dana's accusing gaze burn into the back of her neck. She jumps slightly when someone's hand grabs hers, squeezing it gently. She glances over her shoulder to see Leia, her eyes kind and sorrowful. Clary meets her gaze, squeezing her hand back.

As they continue to walk down the corridor, an intersection greets them. Before the Stormtroopers have the chance to push them forward, they're stopped as more guards rush in, attacking them. Startled, the Stormtroopers stand wary, realizing they're outnumbered as the guards retrieve their weapons. One of them hands the weapons to Lando, Clary, Leia and Dana before turning back to Lando.

"Well done," he praises. "Hold them in the security tower — and keep quiet." He nods to the Stormtroopers and the head guard nods, motioning to the others to follow orders. They've barely turned the corner before Lando turns to Chewbacca, attempting to undo the metal cuffs that had been binding him.

Leia watches him, eyes blazing. "What do you think you're doing?"

"Getting us out of here."

"Oh thank goodness," C-3P0 says from behind Chewbacca. Clary had almost forgotten he had been dismembered and tied to the Wookiee. "I knew all along it had to be a mistake."

Once the cuffs had been unlocked, Chewbacca reaches forward, turning on Lando as he grips his neck, choking him.

"Chewie!" Clary exclaims. The Wookiee ignores her, though, roaring loudly as he shakes the Cloud City man angrily. Leia stands nearby, watching Lando defiantly.

"Do you think after what you did to Han we're going to trust you?"

At the mention of Han, Clary's sympathy for her old friend begins to wither away slowly. It had been Lando's fault. She turns away, unable to watch him in his vulnerable state. Dana stands beside her, brushing against her as she attempts to watch the ordeal.

"I...had no choice..." Lando manages to choke out.

Chewie barks angrily, squeezing even tighter. Clary turns to see the color in Lando's face fading.

"Oh, we understand," Dana says, voice dripping with venom. She exchanges a look with Leia, who nods in agreement.

"Yes, we do," she looks to Chewbacca. "Don't we, Chewie? He had no choice."

"I'm...just trying to help..."

"We don't need any of your help," Leia snaps.

"Ha—" Lando wheezes. "H-Ha...n..."

Dana's brow furrow; she exchanges a confused look with Clary and Leia.

"What?"

"It sounds like he's trying to say Han," C-3P0 states.

"Han?" Clary looks to Lando accusingly. "What about him?"

Lando continues to wheeze. "T-There's still a chance...to save Han...a-at the East Platform..."

Leia looks to the Wookiee. "Chewie."

Immediately he lets go of Lando, who falls to his knees, gasping for breath. Leia, Chewbacca and Dana are already racing towards the platform. Clary lingers behind with Cal, who had been watching the whole ordeal silently. Clary kneels down beside Lando, who looks up to meet her gaze.

"Clary," he manages to say through gasped breaths. "Clary...I'm sorry...I'm so sorry."

She blinks, meeting his gaze. "Are you sure we can save Han?"

Lando nods quickly. "If we can make it in time, we can stop Fett from leaving."

Clary remains silent, studying Lando's face. She can tell he's being honest from the look in his eyes. She moves to stand up, but then hesitates, meeting his gaze again.

"If anything happens to Luke, I'll never forgive you." She rises to her feet, hesitating before turning around, racing to follow after the others.

She didn't have the chance to save Han, but she knows she can save Luke. She has to save Luke. She'll never forgive herself if she can't.

...

Clary sits in the Millennium Falcon, feeling dull and empty. Although the group had attempted to rescue Han, it was all in vain. Fett had managed to escape just as they made it to the main hangar. She shuts her eyes, her head pounding. She can't seem to stomach her guilt. She should be with Han; she should always be with Han. It wasn't just Han that Jabba wanted after all; why was she the only one to have able to get away?

"Are you okay?" Cal is sitting beside her. Clary's barely noticed his presence, or rather, she's tried not to. She wants nothing more than for everything that's happened to stop — she wants nothing more than to go back in time and stop everything bad from happening.

She ignores his previous question, and instead stares ahead at nothing. She offered to drive the Millennium Falcon, but Lando was against it, along with Leia and Dana — they all thought she was lost in her train of thought; it wasn't like they were wrong, although Clary didn't like being told she couldn't fly, especially since the Millennium Falcon is like her home.

"Luke..." she finds herself whispering. She wonders if he ever made it to Cloud City, or if he's still in the Dagobah system. She wonders if he's safe. She wonders if he's thinking of her the way she's thinking of him.

"Skywalker?" Clary shuts her eyes. She doesn't want to talk to Cal, but he won't seem to leave her alone. "Why are you so worried about him?"

"He's my friend," she replies.

She feels Cal's gaze burning into her. "Friend, huh?"

Clary says nothing. She shouldn't have to say anything. She inhales slowly, trying to ignore Cal's presence. She wants nothing more than to disappear.

Suddenly the ship jolts, and Clary's eyes open. She stands up, stumbling as she makes her way to the cockpit. The Falcon is turning, heading back in the direction of Cloud City. Clary stares at Leia, who's sitting in the pilot's chair.

"What's going on?" she demands. Leia glances back at her.

"Luke," she says. "We're going back for Luke."

Clary stares at her. "He's back there? How do you know?"

Leia looks away, staring blankly at the controls in front of her. "I just do."

A heavy silence weighs in the air. Clary stands where she is, watching Leia carefully. She feels the tension of jealousy growing within her, and she clenches her fists in attempts to squash it back down. She knows that Leia loves Han and that Han loves Leia, but she can't deny the connection that Leia and Luke seem to hold. It's greater than any connection Clary's ever seen.

"Look, someone's up there." Lando gestures to the window, and Clary glances up to see a figure hanging from the tip of the weather vane. Her eyes widen when she comes to the realization that it's Luke.

"Chewie, slow down." Leia leans forward as she adds, "Slow down and we'll get him. Lando, open the top hatch."

Lando pushes past Dana and Clary, rushing out of the cockpit. Clary starts after him, but she's stopped by Dana, who grabs her by the wrist. She meets her gaze and the girl gives her a small smile.

"It's okay. Lando's got him."

Clary hesitates, and then tears her gaze away from Dana, looking out of the cockpit window. She squints, spotting some TIE fighters in the distance. She looks to Chewie and Leia, knowing that they see them too.

"Lando?" Leia asks warily into the intercom.

There's a moment of hesitation before Lando's muffled reply: "Let's go."

Clary rushes out of the cockpit, only to skid to the side as explosions erupt all around the ship, buffeting it. She nearly loses her footing before Cal grabs hold of her. She can hear Chewie howling frantically from the cockpit as he and Leia attempt to steady the ship once more.

"Clary."

Looking up, Clary feels a rush go up her spine. Luke is standing, leaning on Lando for support, bloody and battered. Relief overflows the younger Solo, and she races forward, embracing him tightly. She hears him sigh with relief, letting go of Lando and holding onto her instead.

"Luke," Clary murmurs. She pulls away, meeting his gaze. She feels at home looking into his glittering, blue eyes. She's breathless, looking at the boy she's missed so much. Reaching up, she presses her hand against his cheek. Luke smiles back at her despite his pain, eyes warm.

Leading him to the sleeping quarters, Clary helps lower him onto the bed. Noticing the blood stains adorned on his clothes and now herself, Clary looks back at Luke, concern evident on her face.

"I'm fine." Luke smiles a pained smile and Clary watches him carefully. He shifts on the bed, wincing to himself as he further tucks his arm underneath his other.

"Luke —"

"Really, I am." His eyes are bright and earnest as he adds, "I feel better than ever...especially now since you're here with me, Clary."

Clary's cheeks warm and she avoids his gaze, feeling flustered and overwhelmed. Looking back to his injury, which Luke attempts to hide from her as best as he can, Clary finally dares to look back at him. She sits down beside him, her gaze unwavering.

"Can I see?"

Luke hesitates, eyes downcast before grimly removing his right arm from its hiding spot. Clary's eyes widen in shock at the sight of his injury; his entire hand had been severed off, a clean cut down to the bone. It looks more painful than Clary could even imagine, and she looks back at Luke, who meets her gaze.

"Clary, it's okay. I'm fine —"

He's cut off as Clary stands up abruptly, heading towards one of the cupboards. She opens several of them, tossing things around hastily until she finally comes across the medical supplies. Grabbing the bin, she looks through it hastily before retrieving a makeshift cast — she remembers Han putting something similar on her when she had dislocated her elbow after a nearly failed mission of stealing spices when she was twelve. But her past injury can't compare to Luke's right now.

Sitting down beside him again, Clary unravels the various gauze and metal cast. She stares at the appliances, feeling Luke's gaze burning into her.

"Clary —"

"Sorry." Clary avoids his gaze, staring at the medical supplies. "I've never done this before, Han's usually the one —" She cuts herself off at the mention of Han, the lump in her throat returning. She feels her eyes water but she blinks away her tears, gripping onto the roll of gauze.

She looks up when she feels Luke's hand pressing against hers. He squeezes it gently, and she meets his gaze. His blue eyes will forever remain intoxicating to her; she feels lost looking into them, but also a sense of security. They usually blaze with a sense of curiosity, but this time, it's determination.

"We'll get him back. I promise."

Clary nods, smiling. She knows the Rebellion won't go down without a fight, and she knows that Luke won't stand for Han being held captive. She looks back at him.

"I know."

Looking back at the medical supplies, and after careful calculation and a few mishaps (it took a few tries, and Luke was laughing despite his evident pain), Clary finally manages to wrap the gauze around and apply the metal cast to Luke's arm. He lies more comfortably in the bed now, and his eyes flutter as he attempts to stay awake. Rising slowly to her feet, Clary attempts to put away the supplies, but she's stopped as Luke reaches for her, grabbing her arm suddenly.

"Clary, wait. I..." His voice trails off as Clary meets his gaze. He looks away, face pink, and Clary's suddenly reminded of the first time she met him.

Luke's hesitation is brief as he looks back at her. "Thank you," he says, eyes filled with sincerity. It appears he wants to say more, but he holds back. Clary smiles, setting the supplies aside as she leans forward, pressing her lips against Luke's cheek.

"Anything for you, pretty boy," she murmurs as she pulls away. Luke is beaming when she meets his gaze again, and Clary waits for him to fall asleep before she dares to leave the room. Tracing her fingers along his hand, she watches as he moves in his sleep. His brow is creased as he strains with pain, and Clary's heart aches, wishing she could do more for him.

She looks up only when she senses movement near the doorway. She meets the gaze of Leia, who watches the two with warm eyes.

"Leia," Clary rises to her feet quietly, making her way towards the princess.

"Is he alright?" Leia asks, looking past Clary at Luke. Clary glances back at him before looking back at the princess.

"For now..." She sighs softly as she adds, "I wish I could do more for him...he's in so much pain."

Leia looks back at Clary, smiling warmly. "You're doing more than enough for him by being with him." Her gaze lands on Luke again. "I can tell he cares for you."

Clary laughs lightly, feeling flustered. She looks back at Luke, knowing she cares for him more than he ever could for her. That's how it's always been for Clary, anyway. She'll always feel as if she cares more than anyone.

"I should go check on the others," Clary says, breaking the silence that has rested between the two. Leia looks back at her, nodding.

"Cal said he wanted to speak with you," Leia adds before she can leave. Clary hesitates.

"I don't want to speak with him."

Leia laughs, smiling. "I'm sure he'll find a way, anyway. He reminds me of you."

Clary refrains from scoffing. Saying her goodbyes to the princess, she makes her way back to the cockpit of the ship. Cal is nowhere to be seen, but Dana is sitting at the game table with R2-D2 and C-3P0. She looks up when Clary enters, and gives a small wave of her hand. R2-D2 beeps excitedly.

"Oh, Miss Clary! Chewbacca and Lando were looking for you."

She nods to them, smiling. "Thank you, 3P0." Before she can leave, the golden droid adds quickly, "How is Master Luke? Is he alright?"

"Yeah," Clary replies. "I'm no medic but I tried my best."

Dana smirks. "I'm sure he's fine since it was you, kid."

Clary's face warms again and she laughs awkwardly, unsure of what else to say. Nodding her farewells, she makes it to the cockpit. Lando and Cal are nowhere to be seen, but Chewbacca turns around in the co-pilot's seat, roaring happily.

"Hey, Chewie," Clary smiles, taking her seat at the pilot's station. She looks out to see they're cruising slowly, with no Imperial TIE fighters in sight.

Chewbacca barks and Clary glances back him.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She looks back out at the vast, openness of space. Her mind is still on Luke and his pain, but she forces a smile when looking back at her Wookiee friend. "I always am."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

230K 12.1K 91
━ don't make me a hero. THE BLACK SQUADRON & THE SEQUEL TRILOGY [poe dameron x oc][rivals to lovers] β˜†romanovana | 2020
1K 81 9
The Emperor is dead as well as his feared right hand man Darth Vader. Now leaderless, the Imperial forces are scattered across the galaxy. Luke Skywa...
110K 2K 38
What if Luke Skywalker had a daughter? ( poe x oc ) I do not own the rights to any of the starwars characters or story line just my own OC
13.1K 315 12
The first book of a slightly AU version of the Original Star Wars Trilogy, and eventually, The Force Awakens, plus The Last Jedi and Episode IX. Imag...