Mr. CEO [ON HOLD]

By aestheticvxbes

"Name" He barked still not bothering to even look at me. "Delilah" I whispered. Why am I whispering? I cou... More

Authors Note
The Bus {1}
McKinley Enterprises {2}
I'm Not Deaf {3}
Uncle {4}
No Walls {5}
Coffee's {6}
Green Eyes {7}
Lunch Break {8}
Le Bistro Mericourt {9}
Why? {10}
Money {11}
Lost {12}
Friends {13}
Work {14}
Personal Assistant {15}
My Office {16}
Makeover {17}
Makeover Pt. 2 {18}
Touché {19}
Drunk {20}
SHOT SHOT SHOTS! {21}
Boss Man {22}
Kidnapped? {23}
Get Out {24}
Sleeping On The Job {25}
Not Paid to Wonder {26}
Chiseled Jaw & Pink Lips {27}
Ex's & Ohs {28}
Kiss Me, Touch Me {29}
Roommates {30}
Birthday Boy {31}
R.E.S.P.E.C.T {32}
Whose This? {33}
Trapped In a Lie {34}
Pretend Girlfriend {35}
Late Night Calls {37}
Punishment {38}
Pretend Not To Hate Me {39}
Dinner Dilemmas {40}
One Month Later {41}
No More Busses {42}
I Miss You {43}
Boner From My Boss {44}
Compromises {45}
Seaside Points {46}
Buckets & Towels {47}
Stay With Me {48}
Surprise Guest {49}
You're Late {50}
I Want You {51}
Don't Be Mad {52}
Unraveling Finn Trate {53}
Rise and Shine {54}
Jealousy {55}
Blueballs {56}
Preperations {57}
Say Yes To The Dress {58}
The Charity Gala {59}
The Charity Gala Pt. 2 {60}
The Charity Gala Pt. 3 {61}
Dolphin {62}
Be Alright {63}
Aerophobia {64}
Skinny Love {65}
Choices {66}
Steps in The Right Direction {67}
Fellatio {68}
Secrets and Lies {69}
Just Keep Swimming {70}
Pop The Cherry {71}
A Different Perspective Pt. 1 {72}
A Different Perspective Pt. 2 {73}
Let's Talk {74}
Cake By The Ocean {75}
Rumors {76}
Handle This {77}
This is the Life {78}
Coming Home {79}
Author Note

Keeping Up The Act {36}

346K 12.4K 4.4K
By aestheticvxbes

I quickly pulled my shorts down since they had risen up.

"Mrs McKinley I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do that in your house"

"Delilah it's fine. I can see how passionate you guys are for each other. It reminds me of me and your father." I looked down at my feet in shame for getting caught.

"But I came out here because you left your keys Ian" she continued. Ian grabbed his keys from his ma and walked over to the car.

I took a deep breath before I opened the car door. Ian didn't say a word to me. I was lost in my thoughts and I snapped back into reality when we pulled up to my apartment.

We both sat in the car in silence each not knowing what to say or do.

"I'm going to leave now." No reaction just a nod.

"Is there any plans for tomorrow?" I continued

"No just be there by 9" I shut the car door and turned around when I heard Ian call my name.

"I proved my point" he smugly said.

I leaned down into his car and asked, "What?"

"You like it when I kiss you" he said with a smirk.

I rolled my eyes and started to walk away.

"Wait Delilah" I stopped my hurried steps but refused to turn around. I didn't want to see his smirking face.

"I liked it too" he said out from the car. I turned around but I was too late since all I saw was the Rolls Royce driving off in the distance. A giddy smile filled my face as I walked into my apartment.

When I walked inside I saw Maria cooking on the stove.

"Is that pasta I smell?" I questioned as I placed my bag on the couch and went into the kitchen.

"Yeah. It's an old recipe that I found but I added my own twist. I had an old friend of mine create another key for us. I tested them both out and they work. Yours is on your bed"

I tasted the sauce and the sweet and spicy pasta sauce was delicious. Maria taught me how she made her sauce spicy and sweet. She introduced me to many spice combinations and after the dish was done she promised me some cooking lessons in the future. After showering I got ready for bed and braided my hair for the next day.

I was glad to have a roommate since Maria gave me some advice after I told her about me and Ian at his parents house. I set my alarm and checked my laptop. I responded to some emails that I got from companies wanting to partner with Ian. After replying I turned of my laptop and drifted off into sleep.

I woke up before my alarm clock and I sat in bed thinking about how I was going to deal with today. Do I talk about the kiss? Is he going to bring the kiss up? After showering I decided I wouldn't bring it up. It would probably never happen again and I didn't want it to interfere with me working at McKinley Enterprises.

I slipped on my white dress and my heeled sandals. I got myself ready for the day and put a pair of black flats inside my bag for caution.

After telling Maria a quick goodbye I locked the door using my key and walked down to the bus stop.

I played some Candy Crush till the bus came. Once on the bus I slipped on my ID. Two hours later I was inside the cool building of McKinley Enterprises.

After getting Ian's coffee I placed my things onto my desk before I went into his office.

I was surprised to see him sitting in his chair since it was 15 minutes to 9am.

He was wearing a peach button up shirt and some brown slacks. I placed his coffee on his desk and waited for him to acknowledge my presence.

"Ms Suren" he said looking up. I guess we were back to the formalities,"Fix my schedule. I told five companies that I would meet them all at the same time tomorrow. Fix it and book them through the day. Do I have any appointments for today?" he asked. I pulled out my phone and went to my calendar.

"Yes you have an appointment with Mr Daymond John and his manager at 12:30 and you have 10am appointment with with Mr James Pottman"

"Tell Sophie to send them up when they come"

I was about to walk away when he said, "Book a reservation for two at Salinas for 7pm" After nodding my head I walked into my office and sat down on my chair.

If it wasn't for the fact that Salinas was one of the most romantic restaurants in the city I would have dismissed my jealous thoughts as he was having a business meeting.

Who was he going with to Salinas? You don't take someone to Salinas unless you two are together. I got a call on my office phone and I picked it up and responded, "Mr McKinley's office how may I help you"

"James Pottman is here. Should I send him up?"

"Yes" I got up out of seat and went to the elevator to wait for him to arrive.

"Hi you must be James Pottman I have heard so much about you" I told the man in the striped tie.

"I'm sorry. Do I know you?" he questioned as he stepped out of the elevator

"No sir, I'm Mr McKinley's new PA"

"Oh well nice to meet you. What did you say your name was?" he said with his blue eyes sparkling.

"Delilah" I said as I led him into Ian's office.

"Mr McKinley is right through there Mr Pottman"

"Just call me James"

"Alright James. See you around."

I walked back into my office door and started negotiating with the companies to meet at different times. I got a text from Sophie to meet her and Connor in the McKinley Cafe. After I fixed his schedule, I started my walk towards the Cafe.

While I was walking there I saw Daymond coming out of the elevator.

"Delilah? How you doing?" he said.

"Im great. How's business? " I said as I pulled him in for a hug

"Being dealt with right now. If all goes well then you're going to be seeing a lot of me here" he said with a smile

I stepped to the side as five men in suits also stepped of the elevator, "I hope all goes well. You seem to have your hands full. See you later Daymond."

After a goodbye I went to the McKinley cafe and had two slices of pizza as we reminisced on Connor's  birthday party events. On the elevator back to my office I got a call from Kayla that she was home. After wishing her luck I called Salinas and booked his date for 7pm.

I browsed around my laptop when I saw an app called Netflix. Curiosity getting the better of me I opened it up and I was automatically logged in. My mind wasn't on whose account I was watching it on, my mind was on the thousands of shows that I could watch with the click of my finger

I clicked on the first show being Grey's Anatomy and found many seasons for me to watch. I always see commercials and hear people talking about it on the bus but I never had time or money to watch it.

I went to the first episode and as it began to play I made a mental note to next time bring my headphones that came with my Iphone.

After three episodes of the addicting series my office phone rang and I picked it up to find out that it was Mr McKinley telling me that I was done for the day and he wouldn't be needing me anymore.

I was a little disappointed since I felt like I barely saw him today but I grudgingly took out my bus schedule and saw that the next bus will be here by 3:45. I had time to watch one more episode before I had to go.

I changed into my flats in my office and I said goodbye to Sophie while I was leaving for my bus. Two hours and a very crowded bus later I was home. I always hated taking the afternoon busses since they were the most crowded. And the heat didn't help either.

I walked into my apartment and saw that it was empty since Maria was working at Andys. I changed my dress for a tank top and I slipped on Mr McKinley basketball shorts since they were comfy. After opening the bedroom window I plopped down on my bed with a yogurt cup that Maria bought as I watched more episodes of Grey's Anatomy.

I moved to the kitchen as the night got darker and Maria was in the kitchen making dinner. She led me step by step through the recipe. I surprisingly learned a lot from her since I wasn't a cook myself. I picked up my phone since it was vibrating with a call.

My caller ID showed that it was Gabby that was calling.

"Umm..Hello" I mumbled into the phone

"Hey Delilah sorry to bother you but I have been calling Ian for a half an hour and he hasn't picked up"

"Oh hi Gabby" Maria head turned around and she mumbled an omg, "Ian is probably just busy. Maybe you should just try him in an hours time" Maria jumped up and started laughing.

I looked at the time to see it was almost 8pm. No wonder he didn't pick up he was on his stupid date at Salinas.

"Ok alright. But while you're here I wanted to invite you to my mom's birthday dinner this Friday. I was calling Ian to ask him but clearly he's busy."

"You want me to come to your mom's birthday dinner?" Maria shook her head no. She rushed over to me and put the phone next to her ear so she could listen in.

"Yes you're practically family. Please it would be soo much fun if you could come. You and Ian are just the cutest."

"Umm I don't know maybe you should ask Ian first. I don't think he will be comfortable with me being there" Maria whispered some tips and I quickly tried to slide it in the conversation, "And it's also a little short notice, It's only Wednesday"

"Don't be silly that's plenty notice and from what my mom told me you two can't keep your hands of each other. Come on. Please!"

I saw Maria snickering next to me and I glared at her before responding with, "Umm sure"

"Great I will text you the details. Bye Delilah" the line went dead and I leaned against the kitchen counter. What have I done?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

786K 33.7K 51
Sienna Antoinette Harper had spent twelve years running from her past; now 28 she'd built up walls around her heart trying to keep people out and kee...
9.4M 285K 74
Heather Drake is a 22 year old who is hiding from her past and trying to start a new life in California. She is going to be starting with a new caree...
830K 26.2K 48
Meet ASHER KING CEO of the king Empire who owns businesses all around the world. Asher was born with the golden spoon. He is arrogant, cold, ruthless...
4.7M 122K 59
(Completed) Carrying the bag pack, I run. I run from the man I love. The man who is the father of my unborn children. I brush past the security check...