Love Is A Shining Star

By teraae

Laura, being a doctor, supplies most of her time to the preservation or at least lengthening of the lives of... More

PROLOGUE AND INTRODUCTION
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE
Author's Note
CHAPTER TWENTY SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY SIX
CHAPTER THIRY SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT
Let's talk
CHAPTER THIRTY NINE
CHAPTER FORTY
CHAPTER FORTY ONE
CHAPTER FORTY TWO
CHAPTER FORTY THREE
NEW BOOK!
CHAPTER FORTY FIVE
CHAPTER FORTY SIX
CHAPTER FORTY SEVEN
EPILOGUE
New Book 2

CHAPTER FORTY FOUR

879 74 170
By teraae

Laura POV
Walter's emotions ranged from worse to worse about my temporary kidnapping, Stefan, and his company's accounts being hacked; his wild, yet fearful, eyes were so wide I could everything he tried to hide behind them. There had been a severe change in his attitude towards me since the kidnapping, and he was closing himself off more and more, putting an empty space between us. Time had passed and yet he still refused to speak about what he was struggling with. Now, in the middle of November, the temperature was dropping fast and it was common for the mornings to be ice laden and promising of snowfall. Few flowers survived the harsh cold, but many trees were strong enough to hold the winter's icy weight.

Soon would be the one year anniversary of mine and Walter's relationship. A lot had happened between us since the beginning. Walter first came to me as an ill, cold-hearted, arrogant man. And yet, it was as if the events to occur amidst our time together had changed him into a whole new person.

As I stood in front of an open window, the cold wind nipped my red face with its sharp teeth. I could feel the wind twist through my hair, sending it blowing wildly in the air. It was evening and the night's dark coat covered most of the world before me.

Winter always brought awful things with it, right to my doorstep. Now, I had an unnerving inkling that something would happen this winter, and that it would be the worst thing winter would ever bring me.

A heavy hand landed on my shoulder. I jumped and turned to see Walter holding out a steaming cup of hot chocolate for me.

"Walter! You startled me!" I said, smiling warmly at him.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to," he said in a low, raspy tone. He handed me the mug.

"Ah...it's okay." I took a cautious sip, hoping not to burn my tongue.

"What were you looking at?" he asked as I turned back to the window.

"Nothing in particular; I was just thinking of memories of you and me." I blushed pink, but the cold disguised it.

"What about us?" he asked, leaning towards me. I held my breath and tried to act normal but that was nearly impossible when around Walter. His eyes grew wider as he waited for an answer.

"Em... Like about how you have changed a lot," I mumbled then laughed nervously.

"What change?" he asked, his eyebrow arching.

Sarcastically, I said, "Your face has morphed into a giant potato, you're not as smart as you were and your jokes are worse," I laughed as he moved back, jumping on the couch.

"That change isn't pretty good? Right?" he asked as I cupped my chin in my hands.

"Not really." I paused before bringing up something I'd been waiting to talk to Walter about. "Last week, well about that day, I am really sorry. I overreacted and did not realize how worried you were when I was kidnapped."

He sighed and stood, putting his hands in his pockets. "You have no idea how worried I was. But Stefan, he seems..." he tried to voice his pain but stopped.

"Stefan? He is just a good friend, I can assure you of that much." I chose not to continue speaking of the matter, as I knew how angry Walter got when Stefan was the main point of conversation.

"I have to go, Ella is going to South Africa for a month so I have to help her get ready," he said, changing the subject.

"She is going for a month? Can I come with you?" I asked but he said that I needed to get some rest and that he could handle it.

***

I was at the hospital having a conversation with one of my patients. Raven burst in and intermitted us, breathing heavily. "Dr. Laura, Mr. Stefan is here to visit you," he said. For a moment my heart stopped beating and my pen stopped writing.

"Send him in please," I replied and stopped working, sending my patient home for the day.

Stefan walked in slowly, a specific saunter to his walk. "Hello Mrs. Laura," he said in a gentle voice. I looked at him and sighed as he walked to the chair in front of my desk and sat down.

"Hello," I replied. There was an awkward silence but I hastily broke it. "Why are you here?"

"I need a favor," he asked as I gazed patiently at him.

"What favor?" I asked. For a moment his hands shook and he his lip trembled but he somehow managed to speak.

"My business has gone through a serious loss. My father invested a lot of money but I have lost it all and now my company is close to bankruptcy. My father won't forgive me unless I pay him back. Can you help me out?"

Shock and pity split through me. "Oh Lord! What happened? Do you need money?" I asked worriedly as I was reminded of the large sum he gave to save me not too long ago.

He nodded solemnly. "I do. But, I promise I will return it to you as soon as possible if you help me out." His eyes wouldn't meet mine and his feet shuffled nervously.

"I have a huge debt to pay to you, you saved from a gang for goodness sake! I can surely find a way to help you,"

"Oh no, please, don't think of that as a debt! Laura... I don't know how to thank you," he reached across my desk and gently took my hands and kissed the tops.

"When do you need it? And where?" I asked.

He said the amount then answered, "At Black Water Park, please, tomorrow at 5:00 PM." I thought of how to lend him such a huge amount of money. Maybe I could make a hearty withdrawal from the account I shared with Walter. I did not have enough money in my personal account, but I would let Walter know later.

"Is it okay for you?" Stefan asked, waving his hands in front of me as I came back from my thoughts.

"It will be fine," I said, giving him a reason to relax.

Walter; Third Person POV
Walter was with Isabelle walking into the conference room until his phone rang. Turning back to the hall, he quickly asked Isabelle to start the meeting without him. He paced as he answered the call.

"I thought you wouldn't pick up. How surprising that you did." The all too familiar male voice spoke.

Recognizing said voice immediately, Walter growled, "What do you want, you son of a bitch?!" his hands trembled as his anger welled inside his throat.

"Relax man, we didn't hurt your pretty little Laura, we just scared her a bit. I thought you would come to meet us but she called her true lover instead. Love sure is twisted, I'll tell you that," he laughed as Walter clenched his jaw tightly.

"Shut your damn mouth! So help me, I will slit your throat and burn you to ashes if you don't leave me and my wife alone!" Walter threatened in a hushed voice, weary of listening ears.

"Too bad, what if I do the same to your precious Laura? Ah! It was just a joke!" he laughed like a wicked man.

"What do you want?!" Walter yelled as he walked towards the exit.

"I wish you could join us. But that would be too much to ask. Well maybe some coins will work out."

Walter got the hint. Blackmail is a bitch. "Take the money and never come back and never come near Laura again!"

"I won't even remember her name." With that the call ended.

Walter knew that there was no way to explain losing so much money except to tell Laura all about it. Or maybe protect her with a sacrifice.

Third Person POV; Hannah
Hannah signed the last check. She was prepared to proceed in the plan, and so far everything was going perfect. Stefan was waiting for his money and was ready to go back to his 'job'.

"Here have it, this is the last of the work you have to do before you can leave." She handed the check over as Stefan grinned and bowed.

"Yes, milady," he smiled coyly.

"Don't forget to text me the details and I'll manage everything," she said.

"Leave it to me, everything will go smoothly and just as planned," he assured her.

"Hopefully. It wouldn't hurt to celebrate our victory so far." She poured wine into two glasses.

Laura POV
It was Monday and I carefully went to Walter's secret drawer; one hidden beneath a wide desk drawer. I took out the checkbook and carefully locked the drawer back up, hiding the key back in its place beneath a desk full of files. The account was joined and under both our names so there would be no complications for me to withdrawal Stefan's needed amount.

The day's sky was a hazy, cloud filled grey and big fat snowflakes floated to the earth. I wrapped a scarf around my neck and rubbed my hands together for warmth. I was nervous but I had to help Stefan and telling Walter wasn't going to do anything good right then.

"I'll tell Walter later," I whispered to myself. I kept the wads of money hidden in my purse. After my shift ended at the hospital and I was done with my day's few patients, I asked John to take care of the rest.

"But where are you going?" he kept asking me as I tried to call my driver.

"It's an important matter and I have to deal with it alone!" I yelled at him.

"A date with Walter?" he teased but I had to reach the park by 5:00 so I ignored him and hurriedly left.

I reached the park at 5:00 PM sharp. The snow had stopped and was now replaced with a light rain that would surely freeze with the increasingly furious cold. The wind was blowing and my hair shifted as I slowly walked towards a nearby park bench dedicated to some deceased person. The rain soon grew heavy and mixed with sleet which turned to small chunks of hail.

Few people were still at the park, walking its trails and hiding under trees to stay dry. I shivered and drew my coat tighter around me. I called Stefan but didn't get a response. Maybe he was driving and couldn't pick up the call.

The cold had dropped to its lowest as I kept rubbing my blue hands together. There was a shop nearby and I decided to take refuge within and buy a cup of hot coffee and some snacks for while I waited. It took fifteen minutes for the barista to prepare my coffee since they were so busy. Once he finished and called my name I quickly grabbed the coffee and muffin I ordered. As I slowly turned around, trying not to spill my coffee, I was confronted with Stefan.

"Stefan! Where the hell were you?" I asked as he took the muffin from me.

"Sorry, I got caught up with something," he smiled as he always did. The sweetest smile a person could ever have.

"It's alright. I have your money," I opened my bag and quickly handed it to him, closing my hand around his wrist tightly.

"Thank you Laura, this means a lot to me! I shall be going back to Germany today then. I will miss you," he said.

"I'll miss you too. I had a good time with you. Have a safe journey home!" I chuckled.

"Well, before I go, there is something I need to tell you. Please, I don't know how to tell you but this isn't very good." His eyes grew dark and his tone changed. He led me to a secluded corner of the cafe. I began to grow nervous and my face had gone pale.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I...I...can't tell you!" There was something taking shelter behind his eyes but he was unable to put words to it.

"Come on, tell me!" I said.

"Okay but, before I say, you have to promise me that you won't faint or yell or scream."

"Of course!"

Taking a heavy breath, he said, "I came to know that... Walter has decided to marry Hannah. Please listen to me; Walter and Hannah have always been in a relationship. I have seen it through my own eyes. Didn't Walter even tell you that you were a good pass time for him? He was in a gang before, but after he murdered someone, an innocent man, he ran away." At the hard look in my eyes he added, "You think I am lying? I have proof!"

Those simple words, those oh so simple words brought my world to a halt. My mind froze and I couldn't breathe. I knew my heart had wrenched from my chest and I couldn't keep it there even if I tried. I refused to believe Stefan, even though my mind told me otherwise.

"You're...you're a liar!" I shouted, my voice breaking. Everyone in the cafe stared at us. I didn't care.

Stefan took a manila file full of papers from his briefcase and showed them to me, splaying them out on the table that separated us. "I have been researching what relation Walter had with that gang after they kidnapped you. I got to know all of this."

I tediously read every document. Walter's signature, his profile, past warrants for his arrest; it was clear that he was a part of a gang.

"But... Why didn't Walter tell me? Why?! Why?!" I cried as tears fell from my eyes. I couldn't believe it. Stefan stood and held my tightly in his arms. He swiped away my tears.

"Leave him, Laura! He doesn't even love you! He has never loved you! When you were kidnapped he knew that you were there and still he didn't come and save you! I knew where he was! He was with Hannah while you cried in pain. He is still with those people!" he told me but I wasn't fully focused in my senses.

"I won't believe it until I see it with my own eyes! I love him and I won't give up! Stefan, stop trying to get in between us!" I yanked away and slapped him in anger.

"I knew you wouldn't believe me. One day you will though!" He sighed, "I think I should take you home." He grabbed me and took me to his car. When I reached home I felt extremely sick and light-headed. I was about to fall but Stefan took me in his arms.

"I should walk you upstairs," he was still holding me. I nodded as he walked me to my room.

"I think you should go now," I said, not wanting him in my room.

"No, I should stay with you, you're obviously ill."

"Please leave, Stefan, I need to be alone," I insisted.

"I can't!" he said as he stalked closer.

"I said go back! Please leave!" I trembled and my hands shook when he leaned in front of me.

"Don't you like me?" he asked quietly as he rubbed his thumb along my face, trying to seduce me.

My heart raced as guilt and disgust lurched deep inside me. This was wrong; I was Walter's wife, gang member or not, and I was not about to do what nasty things Stefan's eyes desired!

Stefan kept coming forward as I tried to move back but bumped against a wall. Stefan pinned me against the wall with his body, his nose in my hair and breathing deeply.

"What are you doing?! How dare you touch me! Leave me alone or else...!" I tried to threaten him but he just laughed.

"What will you do? Call Walter? Come on, I know you love me! I know you haven't slept with Walter yet. We were always meant to be together, can't you see that?!" He moved to kiss my shoulder. My body trembled with fear and hate.

"Please Stefan! Please don't do this, I beg you!" I cried, writhing against his weight.

"Shush, my love! What a moment it will be! Walter will be home any minute and find his trusty wife under my control!" he removed his shirt as I bawled, screaming for help. I understood now. I knew that Stefan had never had good morals; I trusted the wrong man. He was after something he knew I didn't want to give. He wanted to destroy me.

"I beg you! Please!" I cried but he grabbed my face.

"Come on! Don't you remember how badly you rejected me? Treated me like a trash! I have been paid to do this! I am so not sorry, Laura!" He laughed and crashed himself against me. I tried to free myself from his grip but he was too strong. From down the hall I heard footsteps; surely it was Walter. Stefan ignored the sound and pulled me and kissed me harder, sucking on my lips as I yelled but it was too late. The door opened and it wasn't only Walter, Hannah was with him as well.

Stefan tossed me to the floor like a rag doll as they both stared at us. Walter's eyes were wide open and Hannah could only grin. I couldn't speak. Walter didn't speak a word, he stared at me and Stefan.

"Oh my! Walter is here! Laura, this is your chance! Tell him the truth! Stand up! Tell him how you just said you wanted me! A kiss and more, from me! Speak Laura!" Stefan grabbed and turned my face towards him. Walter was still and Hannah was shocked.

"I can't watch this any more! The Scotts have been ruined!" she spoke dramatically then swished around and left.

"Walter! Please please don't believe this! This is a plan! They planned to ruin us! Please! Stefan please don't do this to me!" I cried and tears were falling from my eyes.

"What are you saying Laura? Please speak the truth, I'll protect you! Don't be afraid of him! Tell him that you love me!" Stefan grabbed my arms as I slapped him then curled my fists and beat him everywhere I could reach.

"Why are you doing this to me Stefan?! Don't do this! You have to show your face to God, and He will see this! Please stop it!" I kept punching him until he grabbed and restricted my hands.

"Laura, I know you love me! Walter, see, she gave me a cheque! You know why? Because we are about to leave! Me and Laura!" he told Walter as Walter clenched his jaw he didn't speak.

He had no words but I cried nonetheless because I knew what was thinking. He believed Stefan.

I lunged forward and grabbed Walter's collar and touched his face with trembling hands, tears streaking my face.

"He is a liar, Walter! I only love you! Walter, please just listen to me!" I tried to hold his face but he pushed me back.

"Get up Laura! Come on, this is of no use! I am waiting for you outside!" with this Stefan looked at Walter and then he left.

Walter stared at me but spoke nothing. I could see tears in his eyes. I wasn't able to say more, to tell him the truth; and I hated myself for it.

"Walter...please, just for once..."

Before I could I say more he shouted, "Get out of my house!" the fierce rage in his eyes struck fear into my heart.

"Walter, I beg you, please just listen to me once!" I said and cried.

"I am ending this relationship right now! Leave this house with all your belongings before 8:00!" and with that he turned his back to me.

"Please, I beg you Walter, don't do this to me! I have no one to help me! I have no one! Walter I love you! I was yours! Please!" I begged him but it was useless.

"Even if you love me I can never think of loving a whore like you! Our marriage was nothing but a contract and I am discontinuing it now!"

"Leave this house!" he yelled again and pushed me as I cried.

The house grew dark as I packed my things. I had nowhere to go. Walter stood by the window as tears started to flow from his eyes.

My legs wobbled, I could hardly walk a straight line. Rain was pouring from the sky just as heavily as my tears fell from my eyes. The weather had turned harsh but I couldn't call anyone. I carried my things down the stairs and to the door. The butler was standing in the corner with all the servants. Walter had turned into nothing more than a heartless, emotionless boulder and he didn't even stop me from throwing open the front door.

"Please, stop her, Master, please!" the butler begged Walter but he didn't respond and stood quietly.

"Don't go Mistress please! He knows you're innocent!" he said but I had no choice.

"Lock the door once she is gone!" Walter said to the guard as I looked at him helplessly.

Dropping my bags, I turned to Walter and grabbed his arms. "Look into my eyes, Walter! Did you never love me? Was this marriage just a contract for you?! Please tell me if you don't love me. Say it looking into my eyes and I'll go forever!" I was holding his face. His eyes locked onto mine.

"I have never loved you! I don't love you and never will!" he said and with that, I knew that my happy life was over.

A/N;

Hello guys I don't know how you feel about this? ??
I cried writing this chapter. .
Walter is a real jerk? ??
Come on it's on its last chapters GIVE ME YOUR COMMENT

PLEASE DO COMMENT ..I AM WAITING...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

689K 20K 29
Xavier a Playboy billionaire became one of Doctor Emma patient. She doesn't like him a bit since she hate man like him whose playing a woman heart ea...
1.3K 61 31
[COMPLETED] It all started with a dare. One dare. A few little words, whispered during a party. A few little words that changed the entire year. F...
112K 1.1K 86
"That's it, baby," he continues, his tone almost soothing, despite the filth spilling from his lips. "Take my cock. Take all of it." Baby. My belly f...
127K 4.5K 48
"Stop it, just stop it, " he growled furiously at me, studying in disappointment "How many lies you are going to feed me now, after all, you have his...