CHAPTER SIX

Laura's POV

      I woke up still feeling weak. I came down stairs looking out of the window, the birds were chirping and rays of the sun were falling on the white snow. I took my black coat and I wore my brown boots and rushed to my car. It was Wednesday, and every Wednesday I had some sort of surgery to do, but today was different, I won't be doing the surgery because Sarah was appointed instead. I ran towards my office without meeting anyone. It was 11 am and my eyes were closed until I heard a shout from a similar voice.

                 "Dr.Laura ,Dr.Laura?" 

                I opened my eyes and looked he was Raven.He looked almost out of breath. "What's the matter, are you okay?"I stood up and went over to him.

                "You were called into the OR, please; hurry up," he said catching his breath.  I ran downstairs in Hall two. I had no idea on why I was called. On reaching Hall two, I went to Dr. Sam's office.

                "Dr. Sam, what's the matter?"I asked him surprisingly.

                "You are the second doctor here, we need you to get ready," he is already going in the OR. I ran inside and I knew the man I was operating was Walter, but I was confused... Sarah should have been here. His case was rather complicated and it was difficult to handle. I can't explain how careful a doctor is in cases of gliomas that is the brain tumor.

                After five hours of untiring hard work, the surgery was successful. I came out and after cleaning all the things necessary, I went for tea. John was with Dr. Griff, the most awkward person in the whole staff; the thing was that I didn't like his personality despite John and Jennie both liking him. I took the last table and I wondered why Sarah didn't come when she was called. It was the most important day for her. I thought of meeting Walter to cheer him up, I wanted to congratulate him, but then I thought...Why should I? He didn't choose me and he was not my patient.

                I didn't meet anyone today, not even John, and when I was about to leave Dr. Sam put his hands on my head as blessing and smiled, "Another great job! Well done, I am so proud of you."

                "Thank you, I'm honored," I smiled back.

                "You really are a hard worker, God bless you," he kissed on my head and left.

                This was my first surgery which was appreciated so much. I drove the car to the Cancer Society and I made it there in about five minutes. All the children ran towards me and they all shouted with happiness, their pretty faces removed all my exhaustion. I kissed them and gave them chocolate. They all were cute, pretty and innocent. They all watched a movie with me. I loved and cherished them all but Andrew (Andy) who was my favorite and was very special to me. He had brown eyes and pink cheeks with red lips and an innocent face. I loved the way he talked and explained me things. He was suffering from blood cancer, and I knew he had few days to live, and that's why I always tried to help him out and make his world a beauty.

                After the movie, I left the society and went back home. I watched TV shows and read magazines. It was midnight and I felt lonely. John had been calling me and at last I picked his phone call.

                "Yeah, what's up?" I asked, leaning on my arm chair.

                "Where were you? I was looking for you, why didn't you meet me? I was so worried you were not picking my phone. Okay, what's your problem?" he just kept on speaking.

                "Wait, wait, give me a break!" I groaned.

                "Answer the question then, where were you?" He persisted

                "I was busy with a surgery, a really complicated one and somehow I succeeded."

                "Sounds great, good for you, so how is that guy now?" John asked.

                "I don't know, "I yawned, "I gotta go"

                "Alright, I'll talk to you later, okay?"  

                "Yeah, see ya," I said putting the phone down.

                "Goodnight," and with that, he hung up.

                I was awoken by the sound of a car horn blaring. I stumble over to the window to see that it was John's car. He was waiting outside, I quickly threw on some clothing and run outside and I shouted, "What are you doing here?" 

                "We have to pick Jennie today, finish getting ready," he shouted back.

                I nodded and ran back inside, washed my face and wore my coat before running back downstairs. He was waiting for me I looked at him angrily and he as usual grinned. His car was so much better than mine and of course he was richer than me. We drove as fast as we could, and he didn't stop for a minute. We were at the airport. John and I greeted her with a beautiful bouquet he bought. I hugged her and she kissed me. Paul was smiling and we laughed.

                "Sorry about not greeting you," I laughed.

                "It doesn't matter," he said smiling.

                Paul was quiet and a very smart guy; after all he was Jennie's choice. We then reached the hospital as we do in fact work there. I walked upstairs and passed by his room but I didn't want to see him. He has insulted me many times not again. I passed silently and went to my office. There were a lot of patients today and many of them were to be diagnosed by radiology. I went to the big window in my office. I looked outside and suddenly I saw a man surrounded by guards. His car was luxurious and he sat I looked at him closely the guy was Walter. So he was a really a rich business man. I was honestly shocked to see that. He left within a minute. Some people are so lucky they have everything they want. I could imagine a lot of people would want to marry that man.

A/N; CHAPS ARE SHORT I know! 
But there are longer chaps after chap 10 and more details okay? 
And also what do you think about Walter comment here wanna know
Your reviews make me write more I love all my readers <3
PS: this beautiful couple is
Jennie and Paul *~*