Shadow Bite || WATTYS 2017

By SophiaKjeldbjerg

COMPLETED. A tear slides down my cheek and my assaulter stands upright again, sending me a smirk as he wipes... More

VERY IMPORTANT IMPORTANCE
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Epilogue
Info For The Future

Chapter Thirty-One

8.4K 396 30
By SophiaKjeldbjerg

I wake up to something cold laying in my hand. Because I can react, my hand heats up, as if it's on fire. I let out a yelp of pain and my hand unclenches, dropping the heated thing to the mattress. I sit up straight, more awake than ever, and squint at the morning light reflecting from the white surfaces outside. The orb glistens like an innocent angel on my bed. Eyeing it suspiciously, I slowly crawl of the bed and grab a pen, lightly rolling the orb onto its side. I gasp in horror. A symmetric round hole has been burned down through my covers and through the mattress. I look at it, and back at the orb.

It literally burned a hole through my bed. I groan and prick the orb with the pen. The tip of it melts. Suddenly, it's as if the orb is compelling me to touch it. Like the stupid person I am, I do, and frown with confusion as my fingers graze its now ice-cool surface. I pick it up and roll it around in my hands.

How the hell did it get into my hand anyway? I didn't go to bed with it last night. Yeah, shocker, I'm not that weird.

Animated voices downstairs pull me from my thoughts. I pick up my phone from the desk and turn it on, groaning when I read 8:32 AM. Now who would be crazy enough to come over here this early?

No one messes with morning-Cami. No one...

Ignoring my bed-hair and morning breath, I pad down the stairs in my penguin-pjs and reindeer slippers, growing more and more curious as the voices grow louder and laughter fills the corridor. I turn the corner and freeze.

Asher is leaning against the island counter, laughing and chatting away with Mum and Dad.

Laughing.

Why isn't Dad holding a gun? Why isn't Asher dead yet, swimming in a pool of his own blood?

This is way too weird for me to handle this early in the morning. Their previous encounter was awkward as hell, so why would they be laughing?

I'm good at convincing people...

Asher's words circle around in my head and I narrow my eyes as he spots me and waves his hand, curling each finger one after the other tauntingly.

"Oh Camilla! Look who decided to join us this morning!" Mum zooms in on me and I see her struggling to keep her laughter in at the sight of me at this glorious time of day.

-We actually won't be staying any longer Mrs. Wilson, but thank you." Asher smoothly fills in, and I cross my arms, raising an eyebrow.

"We?" I demand, but Asher ignores me, instead just sending a discreet wink at me. Where did all of his anger go? It's only two nights ago, so shouldn't he be somewhere else tearing some poor animal apart for fun? Or, I don't know, maybe even ripping out trees from the ground and throwing them around like a crazy maniac. Because that's what I think would be the normal thing to do if I was him.

"Oh, that's a shame. Well, you better get going. Have fun! Bye Camilla!" Mum blows a kiss at me and resumes to her conversation with Dad, as if she hadn't just shipped me off to a boy - more like a man - that she'd only just met twice.

"I'm not going anywhere, Asher. I demand answers." I try to stand my ground, but with every step he takes closer to me, I feel my determination waver.

Frickedy frackle he's hot...

No, Cami, concentrate!

He comes to a stop in front of me and gently takes my hand. I immediately feel my body responding to his touch. "I'll give you all the answers you want, but please, we have to go now." The urgency of his voice and his pleading eyes immediately set me into action, and I hurry back upstairs, pulling him with me. Without wasting a second, I rush into the bathroom after him telling me to pack the essentials, and throw all of my toiletries into a bag. I do the same with a few clothes, and after changing into joggers and a sweater - in the bathroom alone with the door locked - I stand in the middle of the room, looking at him impatiently. He nods and lifts me up into his arms, and I let out a squeal of surprise. His muscular arms engulf me and his body heat warms me up. He nears the window.

"Wait!" I quickly jump down and rush to the desk, where I pick up the orb and shove it in my bag. He looks at me with a "are you serious?" look, and when I shrug, he heaves me up effortlessly again, cradling me protectively in his arms. "Wait, we're not gonna jump are we?" I speak up hesitantly, and I feel his chest stop at his intake of breath.

"You know me too well buttercup." And with that, he jumps. The scream lodges in my throat and in a second we're on the ground, running with incredible speed through the early-rising forest. The cold wind of the winter morning bats at my face and my hair whips crazily around me. I look up and meet Asher's now golden gaze. I feel his claws in my back and under my legs, and what was once clothing material is now replaced by a rippling body, covered in fur.

Wait...

I feel my cheeks heating up.

Does that mean that Mr. Wolfman is naked?

I barely have time to spot the clothing that's been teared apart behind before it disappears from our view in a blur.

Asher - or, well, his beast - just keeps running and running, never stopping to catch his breath.

°°°°

"Asher?" I yell over the wind racing past us as we fly through the forest, the trees becoming fewer and fewer as the crystal clear, frozen surface of the glistening lake comes into view. In the morning, it looks even more breath-taking, as if someone had taken a handful of stars and sprayed them all over it.

"ASHER!"

He comes to a stop, not taking any breaths whatsoever, but just watching me intently. With tentative seconds, I lift my hand to his cheek, holding my breath, and placing it against his skin. His eyes return to their oceanic colours as his beastly form leaves his body, leaving him as a mass of smooth, rippling muscles against me. He observes me carefully as I trace his jaw with a finger, curiously.

"Why did you kidnap me and jump from a window?"

-Kidnap you?" He scoffs, tilting an eyebrow, "You were practically begging me to carry you away." I narrow my eyes at him and he lets out a low rumble of laughter.

-Drama queen." I mutter with annoyance, crossing my arms stubbornly. He pokes my cheek.

"Ah ah, more like king."

-Be careful, or your ego will burst.

-There's a slim chance of that happening buttercup." He replies smoothly, tightening his hold around me. I'm suddenly reminded of his naked form against me, and I still in his arms.

"Your balls are gonna freeze if we don't go inside." I say matter-of-factly, shrugging. Inside though, my hormones are a nervous wreck. He senses my underlying emotions and smirks arrogantly.

-Nah baby, I'm as hot as it'll get.

-Shut up. Put me down.

-So demanding." He mutters, setting me down on my feet. I carefully keep my eyes levelled at his chest, then look up into his eyes.

Don't look down, don't look down.

"Get used to it." I let out, before turning around and marching towards the cabin. Before I can take another step, I feel a tight grip on my arm and I'm pulled against a steel-hard chest. His breath fans my ear from behind as a finger trails down the side of my neck.

"You said 'get used to it'... are you planning on staying for a while?" He breathes, and I nearly faint at his husky voice fanning my skin.

-It's not like you're giving me much of a choice." I answer in a barely audible whisper. His chest rumbles against my back from laughter again, though much less humourous and more... serious.

Hungry.

I quickly wriggle free of his grasp and turn to face him, still keeping my eyes away from his - umm - lower regions.

"You should put some clothes on." I shrug. He tilts his head and looks at me deeply, taking a step forward. I take one back.

"Do you want me to?"

No.

"Yes." I manage, meeting his eyes with what I hope is scold. His lips turn into a grin and he nods, brushing right past me to walk to the cabin. As he does his arm meets mine and I shiver from his touch, his grin growing even wider. I hear the wooden stairs creek and a door open, then shut. Taking a deep breath to calm my raging nerves, I turn around and let out a scream.

"FOR FUCK'S SAKE ASHER COVER THAT THING!" I shield my face with my hands at the sight of a very naked Asher, leaning against the doorframe casually and looking down at me from up there as if he wasn't posing butt-bare in the middle of winter.

He chuckles and the door slams shut. I blow out a breath and shake my head with balled fists, taking the steps up as well and escaping into the welcoming warmth of the cabin as the door shuts again behind me.

I rub my arms slightly and step further into the open planned kitchen/living area, both distinguishable by the cosy rustic feel of the furniture and modern touches splashed here and there. The huge windowed wall by the kitchen gives a magnificent view to the glistening lake below, as well as the trees forming a crescent around the place, shielding us from the outside world. Every time I see it, it doesn't fail to impress me over and over again.

"Well good morning Camilla." Pam walks down the stairs with a beaming smile on her face and brings me in for a bone-crunching hug, à-la-grandma. "It's quite early though isn't it?" Her eyes search my face with worry and I wave it off.

"Yup, that's what I thought. But your grandson still abducted me."

-IT'S NOT ABDUCTING IF THE PERSON IS WILLING!" Asher yells from upstairs, and I laugh quietly. Pam's smile widens at my reaction and pulls me by the hand over to the kitchen where she forces me onto a bar stool. She hands me a cookie that still seems warm, and I accept it gratefully. "You haven't had breakfast yet have you?" I shake my head no, and she nods, turning on the stove.

"Oh," I put down the cookie, "Please don't worry. I'll just have lunch later."

-Oh don't be silly Camilla, I was going to cook for myself anyway, so consider yourself lucky." She brings out the ingredients and sets to work, all the while me admiring her cooking skills with envy.

I finish the cookie, and grab another one from the plate, immediately humming at the delicious flavour.

"So..." she begins, her back turned to me. She looks over her shoulder with a naughty glint in her eyes. "Any ideas why my grandson came running into the house butt-naked?"

I choke on my cookie and pat my chest like a mad woman, throwing her looks of disbelief. Someone pats me on the back behind me and strong arms come around me on the stool. Asher rests his chin on the crown of my head.

"Your grandson has a thing for making dramatic entries." I mutter, casting a look of annoyance up at him. Pam looks at me knowingly and smiles shortly to herself at the sight of our embrace, proceeding to her cooking while humming a song all the while.

"Are you going to tell me why I'm here?" I whisper, and I feel him tense behind me. He relaxes shortly after though, and I wonder if I'd imagined it. The strain in his voice tells me that it was very much real.

"Can't it simply be because I missed you?"

-Oh please. You would have sneaked in in the middle of the night, which brings me to this-" I look up at him again, "-why did you stalk off like a woman on her period looking like you were going to kill someone that night? When I called you-"

-Please, Cami." He cuts me off, tightening his hold on me. "Not now. I'll tell you later okay? I promise." With a defeated sigh I nod and lean into his chest that's now thankfully covered in a sweater.

Thankfully?

Puh-lease girl, you wish.

Pam places a plate in front of me filled with bacon and scramble eggs. "Thank you so much Pam."

-No worries." She dismisses my words and with a quick wave, leaves the room to go down a hall. I hear a door shut. I turn around in the bar stool after having taken a quick bite of the delicious breakfast, push Asher away with a finger on his chest and look up at him with narrowed eyes.

"You better tell me right now why the hell you woke me up this early and brought me here. I mean come on Asher! This girl needs her beauty sleep! And don't you dare put this discussion to tonight, because I will be stubborn if I want to-"

He cuts me off in a hungry kiss, cupping my face in his hands. I curl his hair through my fingers and crash my lips tighter to his, molding them like pieces of puzzle. When he breaks away, we're both breathless. He rests his forehead on mine and stares into my eyes.

"You don't need beauty sleep buttercup... you're already perfect." It's barely a whisper, but I feel my heart clench at his words.

-Okay okay... I'm not as mad at you anymore." He chuckles and shakes his head at me, gesturing for my breakfast. I roll my eyes and push the plate towards him. I'll just have some more cookies then.

He immediately slides onto another bar stool next to me and attacks the plate with animalistic ferocity. I widen my eyes at him and when he looks up at me sheepishly, his mouth is full of food.

"Wantsome?" He asks sheepishly, and I let out a sigh.

"No. Now, tell me: why am I here?"

He gulps down the food and crosses his arms on the counter, leaning towards me. "The guys found traces of someone circling your house. The scent was vague, could have been a week ago. But we couldn't trace it, it was covered up by something. Probably witch's magic."

I widen my eyes and a shiver runs down my spine at the thought of someone stalking my family without our knowledge.

"A werewolf?" He nods, observing my reaction. I gulp nervously and play with my fingers, looking down.

"Killian?" I murmur, and I feel him tense in his chair.

"We thought so, but no. He wouldn't put himself out there like that, not with my whole pack having orders to get him if they catch sight of him. It's too dangerous, and he knows it." He turns his head out the window, staring into the distance beyond. "No... he's got someone else to do his dirty work for him."

°°°°

A/N: Again, I didn't want to cram everything into one chapter, but the next one will be the same day as this one. Hope you enjoyed!

Thank you so much for getting this story to 10.000 views, it really warmed my heart to see so many of you enjoying this story as much as I enjoy writing it. So thank you <3

-Sophia, xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 69 24
I could see what was going on but I was just that voice in the back of your head. My wolf put her front right paw on the rogue's chest and dug her cl...
208K 5.9K 28
Alec's hand gripped my wrist hard, "You're coming with me back to my pack." He stated. "No, I'm not." I pushed myself to say this. His nails were now...
58.7K 1.4K 44
My dream continued the one I'd been having for the past couple of nights. I ran, gasping for breath, through the familiar woods from a dark figure be...
655K 18.2K 20
"Mine!" I heard him growl. I turned around and screamed. He was so close to me our chests were touching. Alpha Carter is my mate! "No...no...no, yo...