Dear Sydney (2016 Wattys Awar...

By katherinepowell

**Winner of the 2016 Watty Awards in Visual Storytelling, and officially a Wattpad Featured Novel!** ... More

1: Connor
2: Sydney
3: Connor
4: Sydney
5: Connor
6: Sydney
7: Connor
8: Sydney
9: Connor
10: Sydney
11: Connor
12: Sydney
13: BOTH
14: BOTH
Author's Note: FAQs
Author's Note: Writing Contest
16: Sydney
17: Connor
18: Sydney
19: Connor
20: Sydney
21: Connor
22: Sydney
Part 2
23: Connor
24: Sydney
25: Connor
26: Sydney
27: Connor
28: Sydney
29: Connor
Watty's 2016
30: Sydney
Epilogue 1 | Connor
Epilogue 2 | Sydney
Epilogue 3 | Jen
Epilogue 4 | Riley
Epilogue 5 | Trey
Epilogue 6 | Delaney
Epilogue 7 | Kevin
Epilogue 8 | Ashley
Epilogue 9 | Aria
Love, Aria
Author's Note: Featured & Publishing
Author's Note: Website & Updates
Author's Note: A WATTY?!
Author's Note: New Book & Almost Published
Release Date
It's Here!
To Whom It May Concern
2 MILLION?!

15: Connor

73.5K 3.5K 1.7K
By katherinepowell

Monday, January 2, 2017

Dear Sydney,

     Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I'm so sorry that it took me so long to get back from vacation and that I wasn't able to write while on it, I hope your grade didn't suffer and that nothing else bad happened with Delaney and Kevin! I did see some things online, but I'm sure they're far worse in person (which is honestly quite terrible to think about). Deep Creek was so much fun, I love spending time with my family up there. There was a lot of snow and so we went skiing and snow tubing almost every day, which I'm sure burned a hole in my parents' pockets money-wise, but hey, they're not complaining, so neither am I! While I wasn't snow tubing, skiing, or eating out constantly (they have the BEST grills you'll ever go to...unless you're a vegetarian/vegan. Are you? I would feel awful for bragging about this if you were), I started watching Chuck! It's such a funny show, and I do like Chuck the best, you were right. Casey is a close second though, don't worry. Do Chuck and Sarah get together? I certainly hope so; it would be a great aspiration to be the nerdy guy and get the hot, smart, funny girl.

     I'm also glad to hear that you have a good friend base, because without that, how would we get through our lives, really? That's funny that your cousin helps you out, because mine does too! My cousin Hannah is very nice to me and always stands up for me, even if she doesn't know the people or the situation. She's great. My little sister, Aria, is also great with coming to my defense, even if it is a little embarrassing to be helped out by my younger sister. I don't really care that much, if she's helping me then I can't complain!

     I'm so incredibly sorry that Ashley messaged you, I cannot believe she would stoop that low. I feel terrible, I'm so sorry, I honestly am so embarrassed that my own drama has affected you. I don't know what else to say, other than I am also so sorry that I failed to reply to your Facebook message. I was a bit preoccupied over the last part of break; I found out that Ashley found a new boyfriend. You'll never guess who, though...Trey. I don't know if you remember me talking (or, writing, rather) about him, but he's been my best friend since elementary school. I don't know what happened to make him betray me like this, and it just doesn't make sense, but I am trying to come to terms with it and that's why I never got around to replying to you. I'm eternally sorry and hope that my drama-filled life didn't affect yours too much. Not that your life is drama-filled. At least, not in a bad way. I'm sorry. I should probably just erase this entire paragraph.

     And please don't worry, I completely, 150% understand about the whole phone number thing. I'm not embarrassed by your rejection, but not that it was even rejection, more of just a turn-down to my offer, but not a let down, don't worry. Not that I wouldn't love to have your phone number and it isn't a let down that I don't have it, but it's just that I understand why you said no. I'm sorry, was that a weird way of saying it? I'm not used to writing yet, I have to get back into the swing of it after this long winter break. I feel like this is our first letter again and I was making that stupid list and fumbling all my words all over the place and hoping that you wouldn't judge me too harshly, which you didn't, and that's great, and I'm really grateful for that, thank you, and also thank you for being so kind to me both in writing and on social media in regards to my crazy drama that just got a little crazier. I hope it won't drag you in too much. Am I going too long with this letter? I'm going to stop now so that I don't write something else embarrassing. You would think that I would have already stopped, since I'm writing and can technically stop writing whenever I want, unlike speaking, where I tend to just ramble, kind of like I'm doing right now, but I seem to have a hard time stopping. Okay. I'm done. Have a great day!

Yours Truly,

Connor Hall

A/N: So I've decided to finally cast the story! All the profile pictures will now be of the celebrity who I have "dream-casted" for that character! Let me know what you think of the actors and actresses I picked!! Also, the letters are back, yay!!

We're also racking up the reads on this thing, it's been less than two months since Chapter 1 was uploaded and now we're nearing 20,000?? you guys are insane. Thank you so much for the continuing support! Remember to vote and comment with your thoughts on the chapter! (I currently have 149 comments waiting for me to read in my email inbox, and I couldn't be happier.)

Also, real quick, I had a new story idea that I started and I want to know if you guys would find it interesting before I got deeper into it. I have the tentative cover and blurb below, so let me know what you think, I value your guys' opinions so much! (Also, I don't think I have to even say this because you all are awesome, but please don't steal the idea/title/cover/blurb/characters--I am pretty excited about this one). It would be called "Recalling Lincoln Carter" (again, all beginning stages, so this could also change before I upload it to Wattpad).

Blurb:

"Olivia White visited Los Angeles the summer before her freshman year of high school and met a teen heartthrob who fell for her. Hard. She left him when the summer ended and hasn't seen him since, his number blocked, his face forgotten.

Three years later, Olivia is a senior in high school and ready to be done with the people around her. Yet when Lincoln Carter decides to move into her town, Olivia panics--what if she's discovered? What if he remembers the girl who left him high and dry and never returned his calls?

Nevermind the fact that he doesn't even know her real name.

A story of lost love rekindled between two would-be strangers, "Recalling Lincoln Carter" takes away the cliche "pop-star-falls-for-disinterested-fan" storyline and replaces it with a fresh look at just how far lies can take us, and just how far we will go to keep those lies as a reality."

Cover:

Thank you guys for dealing with my super long author's note, which I know is just so interesting! (Did you sense the sarcasm? Sydney may or may not be based off of myself)

-Katherine

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

135K 4.8K 60
An Indian brother-sister/family story. The Singhania family is the most prestigious family in the country. Together, they seemed to be invincible...
1.7M 65.4K 50
(The third installment in the 'My Life' series. Can be read alone.) Being the face of the Ace's fortune and an ex-child star, Lily Ace had everythin...
1.8M 67.8K 50
Step into Hazel Justice's zany life. She has got the looks and the brains. She's funny and childlike but serious when she needs to be. She has the wa...
1M 60K 39
"For a broken heart, the limit for revenge . . . does not exist." __________________________ What happens when you get caught breaking garden gno...