Obscurity. Rucas. GMW CHOICE...

By taylorcochran93

Riley Matthews, all around good girl and to put it plainly invisible. Some would even say obscure. Lucas Fria... More

Time Stood Still.
Nicknames.
Hide Out.
Game.
Stop.
Trust Me?
Date or No Date?
Jane Eyre.
Spot.
Knight in Shining Armor.
I Have No Idea.
Good Idea?
Candid.
Scared.
Plans.
Long Day Part 1
Long Day Part 2
End of a Long Day.
Empty Threats?
Bullying.
Stronger.
Lucas' Story.
I'll Always be Here for You.
Yes.
Worth It?
Closet Part 1.
Closet Part 2.
Gulp.
What Would You Call That?
Protection.
Or Something.
Obsessed.
Don't.
Humiliation.
You're Still Protecting Me.
Time.
Excuse you?
Is He Breathing Fire?
I'm Disappointed.
Boxing?
Why?!
Real Threats.
I'm All About that PDA.
Do You Have a Riding Lawnmower?
Turns out I'm the Dragon.
Again.
A/N GMW Choice Awards.

ILY?

3.1K 103 13
By taylorcochran93

Lucas sat on the couch and anxiously found himself cracking his knuckles. He's never brought a girl home and even though he knew his mother would absolutely adore Riley, there was still that sliver of a chance she wouldn't approve. And his mom's approval is something he desperately needed, he'd been a momma's boy his entire life after all. "Luke, I'm home baby boy."

Cue internal groan. "RILEY'S COMING OVER!" Wow, that was unnecessary.

"I'm sorry, I don't think I heard you correctly." His mom joked and set down a few bags of groceries on the counter. "I'm excited, when is she coming over?"

"I'm going to go get her, like now."

Her eyes widened, "NOW?!" He didn't have to ask what he did wrong, she'd tell him. "I look like I got hit by a truck Lucas!"

"Mom stop, you look beautiful. How about this, I'll unload the groceries and you go get ready if you truly feel as if that's necessary." She didn't hesitate to drop what she was doing and run down the hallway.

However moments later he found his mother leaning against the doorframe. "Lucas why are you nervous?"

"I'm not." He cleared his throat hoping that'd cover the crack in his voice.

"Yes you are, why are you nervous? Do you think I'm going to be mean?"

His eyes constantly rolled when his mother was around. "You can't be mean, it's physically and emotionally impossible. I just want you to approve of her."

"My approval?" Her son shook his head in agreement and continued to unpack the grocery sacks. "Since when do you care about my approval? Just a question since you had all of those random dates with girls who were with you for your looks only." Compliment? Eh, knowing my mom it probably isn't. It was silent for a few more minutes and when Lucas was about to tell her to go get ready she spoke up again. "Is my baby boy falling in love?"

"Mom." He groaned and left the chicken out of the freezer for dinner tonight. "I think you should go get ready!"

"You are!" His mom almost looked giddy as she bounced on her heels, something his girlfriend did a lot.

"Mom, we've dated for like 5 days."

"Like that matters. You've been love struck for weeks!" When the quarterback didn't say anything a high pitched squeal escaped her lips. "YOU LOVE HER! OKAY, okay." She inhaled deeply, "I really have to make a good impression."

Before he had the time to say 'isn't that her job' his mother had already closed her bedroom door. Shouldn't my mom be like hating the woman I'm in love with? Wait, why am I even questioning that? Better question, why haven't I told Riley I love her? Because that would scare her off. You know what I really hate? What? Arguing with myself!

MyPrincess.
I'm nervous.

And with that he was off to her house. It was just now 1 o'clock and even though it was a little cloudy it was still a pretty day. A good 2 minute walk later he was ringing the doorbell and shoving his fists in his pockets. So his girlfriend was nervous to meet his mom, and his mom was nervous to meet her. And they are both incredibly goofy. "This should be an interesting day."

"Mr. Friar." Lucas lifted his gaze off the wooden porch and shook Cory's hand.

"Mr. Matthews good afternoon."

"I'm assuming you're here to kidnap my daughter."

Riley jumped out of the hallway, "Daddy. It isn't kidnapping if I go willingly and am back by 9 o'clock curfew since I have school tomorrow."

The teacher narrowed his eyes in on his daughter. "Where are you two going?"

"I'm meeting his mom today." The brunette said with a hint of nerves. Well more than a hint, like a dash-NO scratch that a cup of nerves were just poured into a boiling pot of water and it's spilling over the top.

"That's a big step." Cory mumbled under his breath, "Alright. 9 o'clock, and not a minute past."

"Yes sir." The quarterback shook his hand and instantly felt for his girlfriend's which was anxiously waiting for him. The door shut and he pressed his lips against hers, for a good 30 seconds at least her nerves had dissipated. "You look gorgeous princess."

Her cheeks flushed as she glanced towards the ground. "Thanks."

"And, you have nothing to be nervous about. My mom is the nervous one, she wants to make a good impression on you."

"WHAT?!" Her giggle was contagious because Lucas found himself going into a fit of laughter. "Why is she nervous? I'm supposed to be the nervous one. She can't take that away from me."

His emerald orbs rolled as they came to a halt at his doorstep. "Be sure to tell her that."

Riley gave him a playful nudge. "I'm kidding, but knowing she's nervous does help a little bit."

"Good." He caressed her cheek and stared into her eyes. "You are absolutely perfect."

The brown eyed girl gulped and glanced towards the ground. "I read a quote that said no one is perfect. You simply find the person who's perfect for you."

A smirk approached his lips as he moved the strand of hair that the wind blew across her face. "You're incredibly smart."

"So are you." The brunette said without hesitation. "Sometimes I feel like you're smarter than me."

"No way."

She giggled and nodded her head. "Maybe not book smart, even though you're extremely close. But, definitely street smart. You're smarter when it comes to things like last night and things like our relationship."

His lips separated to reply when the front door swung open. "I couldn't wait any longer!" Riley giggled at her exhilarating energy and stepped inside his home where she was embraced into a hug. "Hi Riley! I have heard so much about you. Eek! I'm so excited to meet you. You can call me Linda if you'd like. Oh my gosh Lucas she's beautiful."

"Mom." He lifted his eyebrows as if to say 'calm down and release my girlfriend because I'm pretty sure you're suffocating her'.

"Sorry." Her hands went up in surrender as she took a step back. The brunette's nerves dissipated as soon as she saw that his mom was just as nutty as she was. "I'm not cool enough for this guy."

Lucas instantly shook his head and pulled his mom into a hug. "You're too cool for me. That's why we aren't seen out in public together. I don't want to tarnish your rep." She slapped his arm and tugged Riley into the kitchen with the quarterback trailing behind.

Riley was able to get a good look at his mother now that the lighting wasn't so dim. It was then she realized him and his mother looked strangely similar. Same tan skin, sandy blonde hair, face shape, they both had long eyelashes and both of them were tall. They had the same nose and voluptuous lips. The only difference were his eyes.

Lucas' eyes were a bright green with flecks of gold dancing throughout while his mothers were blue. He must have his father's eyes, and sharp jawline. Either way Linda was gorgeous and held a tiny frame despite her son's build. "Tell me everything."

"Mom." He groaned, and turned towards his girlfriend. "Please excuse my frantic mother, she hasn't met a girl before and is extremely energetic."

The brunette simply shook her head, "nothing to apologize for. I feel like I have a certain kinship with her. You know me, as soon as I'm out of my shell I'm bouncing on my toes or racing Maya in a movie theatre."

And it was then that Lucas was completely thrown out of the conversation. They talked for what seemed like hours and it truly was. 1 o'clock had rolled into 5 o'clock and Lucas was sliding the chicken into the oven. He was having another mental battle with himself, something he truly hates. He was happy that his mom and Riley got a long but he found himself slightly jealous and missing her even though he could practically smell her shampoo. Yet again, a different scent. "Down the hall second door on the right."

Riley leaving the kitchen completely yanked him out of his daze. "Where's she going?"

"Bathroom, don't worry. I didn't show her where the photo albums were. Yet." She winked and stood out of the chair. "I really like her Lucas."

"Me too."

"Don't screw it up."

His hands went into surrender. "You know, you truly are a super supportive mom. Remind me of that when mother's day comes around." She threw a spiteful glare and pulled out some side dishes for the meal. "So you approve?"

"Are cookies good? Yes! Of course I approve." For Linda to compare the brown eyed girl to cookies was a huge thing, no matter how crazy it sounded. She had a crazy obsession with them, and always made them from scratch. She had 2 specific cookie jars, one for her and one for Lucas. If he so much as lifted the lid on hers to search for a different flavor she'd know. And that's when all hell would break loose. "That's so great about the scholarship opportunity too. How did you get the future valedictorian?"

"That's it you get coal for mother's day!"

"That's a Christmas thing honey."

A few seconds passed while they both laughed. "I'd like to think I'm incredibly lucky. Because I have no idea why she agreed to be my girlfriend. I don't want her to dwell on it too much though or she'll change her mind."

"Mom mode engaged!" Here we go. "Alright, so let me just say that she is just as lucky as you are. Don't think that she's too good for you because you'll resent her one day by thinking she settled."

"I definitely didn't settle." Riley appeared out of the hallway with a grin, "Trust me I wasn't eavesdropping and I definitely wasn't looking at all the pictures down the hall." The green eyed man gestured for her to come sit back down and she obliged. "But, I think if we knock your two front teeth out again I'll like you a little more."

"Oh my goodness I love her!" Linda exclaimed.

GMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMW

"She told Lucas about her fits and depression."

Josh didn't seem the slightest bit phased but fed her another spoonful of cookies and cream ice cream. "Did you hear me Josh?"

"I told him about the anxiety attacks and the incident that sent her over the edge."

Maya sat up off his chest and slapped his arm. "Why did you do that? That wasn't your information to share."

The dark haired man lifted himself to sit up straighter on the couch. "It wasn't, but since they're dating I wanted him to watch out for her. To let me know if she's acting different and it kind of barrel rolled into the bullying." The blonde crossed her arms, "Oh don't be mad at me."

"No I will. If Riley finds out she's going to be upset."

"You're sexy when you get mad."

Her icy stare sent shivers down his spine. "You are impossible."

"Anything is possible when I'm around you."

"Oh Goodness here we go."

Josh had a habit of throwing pickup lines her way that he'd seen on 'Tubmlr' and they weren't ever any good. Regardless, they caused her to laugh and he'd do anything to hear that. "Your eyes are blue like the ocean and baby I'm lost at sea."

Cue face palm.

"Your lips look lonely, would they like to meet mine."

Scoff.

"What time do you have to be back to heaven?"

"You're something else." She mumbled through her laughter.

"Your ass is so nice it's a shame you have to sit on it."

"Oh Josh." Her hand rested on his face and he held that adorable smirk that made her fall head over heels. "What am I going to do with you?"

"Keep me?"

He wiggled his eyebrows and she simply nodded before pressing her lips against his. "I've got one more I want to try out on you. If that's okay?"

"Of course. Hold on while I get comfortable, I have to prepare after all." Maya sat up straighter and took his hand. Preparing for the worst but hoping for one of his best.

"Sorry I can't hold on, I've already fallen for you."

If Josh were being honest with himself than he could admit he'd been in love with her since she went as his date to the junior prom. His date had gotten sick and Riley pushed them to go together. That was one of the best nights of his life. And that's when it had started, he had always found the blonde gorgeous and funny. Her smile could brighten a room and her sarcasm was on point at all times. "W-what?"

There was a tug on the left side of his lips. "Was that the line? Or do you mean it?" She questioned.

"Both." His hand moved to tuck a strand of hair behind her ear. "I've known for a while but I wasn't sure if it would scare you away or not. It's only been a month."

"You're a smooth man."

"I pride myself on that baby girl." Her arms snaked around his neck and he wrapped his around her waist. "What? No 'I love you too' not even an 'ILY'?"

She giggled and it sent a wave of butterflies in his stomach he loved that laugh. "I love you too Josh."

GMWGMWGMWGMWGMW

Let me know what you think don't be a silent reader.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

145K 4K 32
When bad boy,player, and trouble maker Lucas Friar comes to John Quincy Adams High school and sets his eye on Good girl, Riley Matthews, they are put...
2.3K 144 30
Riley has always been the popular girl! High honor roll and captain of the cheerleading team! Her best friend Maya has known her since the 2nd grade...
5.3K 209 33
Riley Matthews' family has moved to Texas. She meets a guy named Lucas Friar and they instantly hit it off. During her moving process she also meets...
27.9K 842 18
Maya Hart has been inseparable from Riley Matthews for as long as she could remember. But Maya's been seeing Riley through a different eye lately. Sh...