Living With Damon and Stefan

By Dark-Violet

Marni is 14. She lives with Damon and Stefan Salvatore in the Salvatore bording house. She also has powers; s... More

Rude Awakening
Mystic Grill
Elena Gilbert
The Plan
History Lesson
School
Road Trip
Crystals
Necromancer Crystal
Book of Crystals
The Game
Bonnie
Intense Stares
Jonathan Gilberts Journal
The Man In The Mirror
Shadow
Harsh Words
Flashback
What Are You?
Visitor
Warp Crystal
Feelings
Shock News
Jumping Out Windows
The Secret
Shattered Glass
Finding Out
Birthday
Surprise Party
The Kiss
Holding Hands
Opening The Tomb
Emotions
Alaric Saltzman
Legend
Sleepover
Torture
The Really Bad Problem
Worrying
The Battle
Beverly Hills
The Concert
The Moonstone
Mason Lockwood
Masquerade Ball
Elijah
Family Barbeque
The Argument
The Halloween Party
Reunion
The Haunting
The Warning
The Epic Battle
The Beach
Running Down The Street In Underwear
First Sight
The Body Swap
The Reason Why Knocking Was Invented
The Risk Of Sounding Jealous
Failing To Notice Something Important
Getting Distracted By Dandelions
Finding Floors Comfortable
Tomato Juice And Garlic Paste
Ice Cream, P.J's, And Damon
Evil People Chasing Bunnies
Goats And Hating Men
The Runaway
Unwanted, Annoying Dreams
Toothbrushes, Puppets and Haircuts
Awkward Moments And Apologies
No Longer Friends
Hangovers And Rainy Days
Sock Wearing Pineapples
This Coffee Is Not For You
Pillow Eating Dinosaurs
Piano!
The Dandelion Throwing Lamps
People Actually Use Toilet Paper? Ew.
Sniffing Random Peoples Hair
Fluffy Refridgeraters That Sing
Super Ninja Monkeys! And Shane Dawson!
Teletubbies Rock!
The Naked Shoe Box Lover
Potatoes Have Feelings Too!
Hugging Pens With Eyeballs
The Cute Washing Machine And Dimples
The Day The Sharpener Coughed
Marshmellow Covered Coat-Hangers
Mating With Butterflies
Lamp Posts Are Nice Triangles
The Chocolate That Eats Stockings
Le Flying Taco Mafia
The Bookcase That Sniffs Potato Salad
Exploding Donuts and Lentils
The Umbrella Shaped Box
Throwing Paper At Harold
Salt & Pepper Pencil Baskets
Lettuce Leaf!
Oh, You Like Chirping? Too Bad.

Feeding The Cat

77.7K 565 180
By Dark-Violet

Hey people! What's up? Talking corn chips? Me too! :D

Soooo, I recently got Vampire Diaries season 2 on DVD... I'M SOOOO HAPPY ABOUT THAT!

Yeah, had to get that out, and make you all jealous because I'm a horrible person :D

I punched a brick wall today :D It was fun! Hurt a bit though... I have bruised knickles now, but they don't hurt that much, so I'm happy.

Soo... Should Marni and Damon get together? A lot of you think they should, I mean, they would be a cute couple. But will Damon and Marni get together? Well, I'm feeling very generous today, so I shall tell you :D

..................................................................................................................................

............................................................................

....................................

JUST KIDDING! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

And you all actually thought I'd tell you. Pfft as if! That would just give the whole story away! I'm much to horrible to do that. Oh lord, I can just imagine you all getting excited, and then reading this... Ah, the thought makes me laugh. Sorry guys, guess you'll have to wait and see. I'm not giving away anything. Although, I did have a discussion about it with my friend Saphire-Rose, Aka Cartiah. She thinks I'm her friend, but I'm not really, she just follows me around like a lost puppy. It's quite cute actually. But also very, very annoying, because she just does not leave me alone! She's always pooping up and it's just like, Go away! I don't like you! Jokes, she's alright. But she smells really bad. And doesn't shave her legs. Or her armpits. In other words, she's pretty much a a feral bogan. But she's my feral bogan, so I let her sleep in my cupboard.

God, I'm so mean to you guys! And the sad thing is, I find hilarity in it. Because I'm a cruel person. Ask Cartiah. But, I'll be nice and give you a little hint about Damon and Marni.

They may or may not get together. :O I know, I think I gave to much away, but I love you guys, so...

Sorry for not uploading in forever. It's not like I'm not writing, it's just that I keep adding things to the chapter. I hope you forgive me. *get's down on my knee's and starts to beg*

Hehehe, sorry for rambling, it's just something I do. Well, enjoy :D

I love you guys :D

NACHO'S!!!!!!!!!!!! Mmm, YUM! :D

_____________________________________________________________________________

I was standing in Damon's bathroom, brushing my teeth and getting ready for school that Monday. I heard footsteps and Damon walked into the room, wearing only a pair of dark jeans. He stood beside me and looked at me through the mirror.

"And what are you up to?" he asked.

"Brushing my teeth," I said. Well, that's what I attempted to say. I don't know if it came out that way.

"Right..." Damon said. "And you're in my bathroom because...?"

I spat the toothpaste out of my mouth and turned to look at him.

"I ran out of toothpaste, so I came to steal yours. And then I realised I couldn't be bothered to walk all the way back to my bathroom, and bam! Here we are," I said. I turned back to the mirror and continued brushing my teeth.

"And you couldn't use Stefan's?" he asked.

I took the toothbrush out of my mouth and turned to him again.

"Do you have a problem with me being here?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes. You're extremely annoying," he answered.

"Oh really?" I asked, a mischeivous glint in my eyes. Damon glanced suspiciously at me, and in the blink of an eye, I had squeezed some toothpaste onto my hand and I wiped it on Damon's face. I laughed at him. He looked up at the ceiling and took a deep breath. He looked down at me and smirked wickedly.

"Ah crap," I mumbled, before turning to run.

I got about two steps before I felt arms rap around my waist and haul me back.

"NO! DAMON LET ME GO!" I shreiked. I thrashed wildly in his arms, but he was stronger than me.

In the next instant, he had grabbed the toothpaste and put some on his hand, smearing it all over my face. I managed to break his hold on me and I grabbed the first thing I could. A can of deoderant. I spun around and sprayed it right in his face. He turned his face away and reached out, grabbing my arm and knocking the deoderant out of my hand.

Suddenly I was in Damon's arms, and he was putting me in the bath tub. He turned the cold water of the shower on and I started squeeling as it poured down on me. I struggled to get up, knocking bottles of shampoo and conditioner down, but Damon held me down. I stopped struggling as an idea came to me. I reached up and grabbed Damon's arms, pulling him on top of me, so he was getting hit by the water.

"That was a mistake," Damon said, looking down at me.

He grabbed the bottle of shampoo that had fallen and squeezed it, causing the shampoo to go all over my face. I clenched my eyes shut and managed to kick Damon off me. I grabbed the conditioner next to me and squirted it, aiming it at his face. He looked at me with a dangerous expression and I was on my feet in an instant, running from the room.

I could hear Damon chasing me, and I laughed like a maniac. I ran down the stairs, jumping the last six. I swerved around corners until I reached the living room. I looked behind me to see Damon lunge through the air. He collided with me and we rolled, until he managed to pin me to the ground.

"Oh, you are so dead," Damon said.

"Um..." a voice came from the doorway.

Damon and I glanced towards the sound, and Stefan and Elena were standing there, looking at us with weird expressions.

"I'm not even going to ask," Stefan said, shaking his head.

"What are you guys doing?" Elena asked.

"Oh you know..." Damon said.

"Feeding the cat," I said.

"Uh, Marni, we're going to get going," Stefan said. "You need a ride?"

"Um... No, I'm good. I'll be at school later," I said. "I probably need a shower."

"Yeah..."

I glared up at Damon. "Do you mind?"

He rolled his eyes and got off me, holding his hand out to help me up. I grabbed it and he pulled me up.

"Truce?" I asked.

He rolled his eyes again. "Fine."

"We'll see you later," Stefan said.

He and Elena left I poked my tongue out at Damon before heading upstairs to shower for the second time this morning.

By the time I got to school, History was almost over. I opened the door to my class and walked in. Heads turned in my direction and I walked up to Alaric's desk.

Alaric raised an eyebrow.

"It's all Damon's fault," I said.

"What happened?" he asked.

"He attacked me," I said.

Alaric's eyes widened.

"With shampoo," I added.

"Oh," Alaric said. "Sounds interesting. Have a seat."

I nodded and went and sat next to Jeremy.

"How come you're so late?" Jeremy asked.

"Well, let's just say, smearing toothpaste on Damon's face isn't exactly a good idea," I said. "But it's funny. And as long as something's funny, nothing else matters."

"I see..."

The bell for lunch rang, and I walked through the halls with Jeremy.

"I can't have lunch with you today, I gotta go do something," Jeremy said.

"And that something is...?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"Just something," he said.

"So we're keeping secrets now?" I asked.

He sighed. "Well, I've been hanging out with this girl lately, and she's pretty cool. I just didn't want to tell you because I wasn't sure if you'd be upset or not."

I let out a forced laugh, ignoring the feeling of my heart breaking a little.

"Of course I'm not upset," I said convincingly. "I have no reason to be."

"Are you sure?" he asked.

"Yes," I said. "We're bestfriends Jer. You're meant to tell me about the girls you crush on,  and it's my duty to come up with an epic plan to get you together with them. And if she rejects you, I kick her ass."

He laughed. "What would I do without you?"

"Kill yourself," I shrugged. "So... who is she?"

"Her name's Vicki," he answered.

"Vicki? As in Matt's sister Vicki?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

"Yeah," he said. He glanced at the time on his phone. "I gotta go, but I'll see you later?"

"Sure, of course," I said, smiling. He grinned and turned walking away.

I spun around and let the smile drop, stalking outside. Vicki Donovan? Really? I mean, Matt was a great guy and all, but I'd heard stories about his sister. She was a drug user, and rumour has it, she doesn't exactly keep long term boyfriends.

I spotted Elena, Stefan, Bonnie and Caroline sitting at a table. I walked over to them and sat down beside Stefan, scowling at the table.

"What's wrong?" Stefan asked.

"Nothing," I muttered bitterly. "Absolutely bloody nothing."

"Doesn't sound that way," he replied.

"Well it should," I said. "Because there is nothing wrong."

"What happened?" he asked.

I sighed. "Don't worry, it's nothing."

"Well, it's obviously something, otherwise you wouldn't be upset," he said.

"I'm not upset. Upset implies caring, which I'm not meant to feel anymore," I said.

"Does this have anything to do with Damon?" Elena asked.

I raised an eyebrow. "What makes you think that?"

"I don't know," she said. "I kinda thought... well after what happened this morning."

"What happened this morning?" Caroline and Bonnie asked simultaneously.

"Stefan and I walked in on them... what exactly was it that you were doing?" Elena asked, turning to me.

I sighed. "We got into a toothpaste/shampoo/deoderant/conditioner/water fight," I said.

"You guys were having a water fight?" Caroline asked.

"Well, he didn't exactly like it when I wiped toothpaste on him," I said. "But what has this got to do with anything?"

"Well, I just figured, you're upset and all..." Elena said.

"No, Elena's right," Caroline said. "It makes sense. Your upset because of Damon. You remembered that he's got Andy and got upset."

I stared at her. Was she implying what I thought she was implying?

"So, what you're saying, is that you think, I have feelings for... Damon?" I asked.

They didn't reply.

I started laughing. I couldn't help it. They thought I had feelings for Damon? I mean sure, I wasn't too sure myself a while ago, but I'd never admit that to them.

"That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard!" I laughed.

"Yeah guys, that does seem a bit ridiculous," Stefan said.

"So you don't like him like that?" Elena asked.

"God no," I said.

"Huh," Caroline said.

"Well, it wouldn't be too weird," Bonnie said. "You guys aren't actually related."

"And you guys practically complete each other," Caroline said.

"It sounds like you're trying to make out as if we're soul mates or something," I scoffed.

Caroline shrugged.

"So, is there something going on between you and Damon?" Elena asked after a moment.

"What? No!" I said immediately.

"I think there is," Caroline said in a sing-song voice.

I looked to Stefan for help.

"Guys, there's nothing going on between them," he said. Ah Stefan, always coming to the rescue.

"If you say so," Bonnie muttered.

"Alright, can we stop talking about this? I view Damon as a brother and a close friend. Nothing more," I said. "And besides, Damon's inlove with-"

I cut off before I could say anymore. Damon probably wouldn't appreciate it if I went around blurting out he was inlove with Elena.

"Inlove with who?" Caroline asked.

"Um... You know, what's her face, the one with hair," I said.

Bonnie raised an eyebrow.

"Okay, time for a subject change," I said. "Caroline, what do you want for your birthday?"

Her birthday was on Friday, and she still hadn't told me what she wanted.

"Oh, I was going to ask you and Stefan about that," she said. "I'm planning on having a party this year, and I was hoping that I could maybe have it at your house?"

"I don't see why not," Stefan said.

"As long as you supply tthe alcohol," I said. "Damon will go mental if he finds people drinking his."

Caroline nodded. "Alright, we have some serious planning to do."

 There was a knock on the door. I ignored it. I was reading a book, and I didn't want to be interrupted. I would let Damon answer it. Who ever it was knocked again, but I remained seated. After the thrid knock it became clear that Damon had the same idea as me, and the person at the door was intent on making one of us answer it.

 From what I could tell, Damon was in his room. The person at the door started continuously knocking, and it got irritating. I growled and put my book down, getting up to walk to the door.

"Alright, alright! I'm coming!" I called.

I pulled the door open and scowled. It was John.

"Are you insane or just plain stupid?" I asked.

"I need to talk to you and Damon," he said.

"You obviously have a death wish, otherwise you wouldn't be here," I said. "Did you not understand what I said? Damon's not exactly in the mood to not kill you at the moment, and you annoy me. Maybe you should come back later."

I went to close the door, he stopped me.

"It's important," he said.

I shrugged. "It's your funeral."

I turned and walked through to the parlor.

"Damon!" I called. "Your favorite person's here!" I went over to the liquor cabnent and poured myself a drink. I looked at John. "I'd offer you some, but I don't like you so..."

At that moment Damon appeared in the doorway. He saw John and smiled.

"John!" he said pleasantly.

"Hello Damon," John said.

"You have three second's to tell me why you're here before I kill you," Damon said, the smile still in place.

"Like I said, I need to talk to you and Marni," John said.

"Too bad," Damon said, walking over to me and pouring his own drink. "I don't feel like talking."

"It's about Isobel," John said.

Damon paused. "I'm listening."

"Isobel and I did what we did because we wanted to protect Elena from having a life filled with the drama of vampires," John said.

I snorted. "And I suppose Isobel almost killed me because she was trying to protect Elena too?

"That wasn't supposed to happen," John said. "I heard Elena and Stefan talking about you having the invention, and I told Isobel. She was just meant to get the invention, but Isobel got carried away."

"Is this your way of trying to apologize?" I asked. "Because if it is, you can just leave."

"No, it's not," John said.

"Good," I said.

"I realise now that it may have been a mistake to try and kill you," John said. "But not because I knew you'd want revenge. Apparently I have missed out on a few things. Jeremy told me that if it wasn't for you, Elena would probably be dead."

"He's right," Damon said.

"And I figure that as long as you guys are around, Elena will be more or less... Safe," John said.

"You make it sound as if you're permitting us to live," I said, narrowing my eyes.

John shrugged.

"John, let me remind you," Damon said. "You are nothing but a mere human. Anyone of us could single handedly kill you. Don't act like you can control any of us, because you can't."

I stepped in before a fight could emerge.

"Alright, I'm going to assume that this is your way of trying to reach understanding," I said.

"I suppose that's what you'd call it," John said.

"Alright," I said again. "So as long as you leave us alone, we'll leave you alone. Agreed?"

John nodded.

"Does this mean I can't kill him?" Damon whispered in my ear.

"Yes," I said. "That means we all have to play nice."

"You ruin all the fun," Damon muttered.

"I know, I'm a sick, horrible person," I said. I turned to John. "Now, back to the more pressing matter. What was it about Isobel you were saying?"

"Isobel's becoming a problem," John said. "Something needs to be done about her."

"Becoming a problem?" Damon asked incredulously. "She's been a problem ever since she came into town."

"My point is, something needs to be done," John said. "She thinks she can control everyone's lives, and threaten whoever she wants."

"And you want our help with this," I said.

"Yes," he said. "As you've pointed out, I'm human."

"And by saying something needs to be done, you mean..." Damon trailed on.

"Killed, preferably," John said.

"Good," Damon said. "Because I was going to do that anyway."

"So when is this going to happen?" John asked. "Because we can't let this go on much longer. She's killing innocent people."

"I vote next week," I said. "Caroline's birthday is on Friday, and she will kill me if anything ruins it."

I was not willing to face the rath of Caroline if her party didn't go to plan. I shuddered inwardly at the thought.

"You want to wait a week, because of a birthday?" John asked incredulously.

"We need time to plan," Damon said. "Isobel's smart. We have to do it when she least expects it."

"And we need time to convince everyone else that it's a good idea," I said.

"Why wouldn't they think it's a good idea?" John asked.

"Well, first of all, Isobel is Elena's birth mother, she's not going to be too happy that we're going to kill her, and Stefan agree's with whatever Elena does, and she's Alaric's wife. Well, ex-wife, but still," I said. "And then everyone will be worried that someone will get hurt, and the list goes on."

"Let me guess," John said. "You guys don't care if someone get's hurt?"

"Nope," Damon said.

"Depends on who it is," I said.

"Shouldn't we do it sooner? What if she goes after one of the towns people?" John asked.

"Then we deal with it," Damon said. "John it was you that came to us, not the other way around. We do this our way."

"Fine," John said after a moment. "But it's your fault if someone dies."

I think that was John's way of saying goodbye, because after he said that, he left. Damon and I were silent for a moment.

"I actually think he's starting to like us," I said.

Damon looked at me doubtfully.

"Yeah, you're right," I said. "He loves us."

"Well, I'd love to do the honors and all, but you're telling everyone that we're killing Isobel," Damon said.

"Aw, come on!" I complained. "I answered the door! It's your turn."

"No way," Damon said. "Not gunna happen."

"Well.. we could always just... not tell them," I said. Then I thought about it. "Nah, they'll get angry at us."

"They'll be angry at us anyway," he pointed out.

I sighed. "How about we tell them together?"

"Fine," he said. "But if they get angry, we blame it on John."

"No complaints here," I said.

Caroline was very excited for her party. She had a huge smile on her face the whole time we were putting up decorations around the boarding house. She chatted excitedly to Bonnie and Elena, who were helping her put up streamers. Stefan and Lexi were out buying enough beer for everyone, and Damon and I were filling balloons with helium.

I was sitting cross legged on the ground and Damon was next to me, passing me balloons to tie ribbon onto.

"Why do you get to fill the ballons with helium," I grumbled. "I want to fill the balloons with helium."

"Too bad, I'm cooler," Damon said with a smirk, passing me a balloon.

I glared and attempted to throw the balloon he handed me at him, but it failed epically, because it was filled with helium, and it just floated to the ceiling.

Damon laughed at me. I muttered violent death threats under my breath and stood up, using the air to lift me to the ceiling. I grabbed the balloon and dropped, landing in a crouch. I glared at Damon and sat back on the ground, deliberately moving away from him. I scowled and tied a piece of ribbon to the balloon, and then tied it to a small cement block that had been wrapped in pretty paper.

"Oh come on pouty," Damon said. "Cheer up."

I shot daggers at him with my eyes and went back to fiddling with the ribbon in my hand.

"I'll let you fill the balloons with helium," he said.

"Nope," I said stubbornly.

"Fine, I'll just have to make you smile the hard way," he said.

I looked at him suspiciously, and in the blink of an eye, he was at my side, tickling me.

"No!" I cried, laughing and struggling.

I felt tears form in my eyes, and I gasped for breath. I curled up in a ball, but Damon still managed to tickle me.

"Are you done pouting yet?" he asked.

"Yes!" I gasped.

"Good, he said, and the tickling stopped. I wiped the tears from my eyes. I pulled myself into sitting position and shot an annoyed look at Damon, but I laughed at his triumphant expression.

And then I caught the looks of Elena, Caroline and Bonnie, who were all raising eyebrows with suspicious eyes.

I rolled my eyes and got up.

"Excuse me for a moment," I said. "I have to get some more ribbon."

I shot the three girls a look and headed upstairs to my room in search for more ribbon. I dug around through the many shopping bags on my bed. I had been in charge of buying decorations, and I had done some extra shopping on the side. I felt a presense behind me.

"Need help?" Damon asked.

I turned and looked at him.

"I can't find the ribbon," I said grumpily.

He smirk and lifted up his hand, revealing the ribbon. I rolled my eyes and went to grab it, but he held it out of my reach.

"Hold on a sec," he said.

I looked at him expectantly.

"Tell me something," he began. "What was that about?"

"What was what about?" I asked.

"That look you gave Bonnie, Caroline and Elena," he said.

"Look? What look? I didn't look at anyone," I said immediately. I knew Caroline would be eavesdropping, so I put up a wall of air around my room, making it soundproof. He gave me a suspicious look. I sighed. "They think there's something going on... between... us."

Damon raised an eyebrow. "Do they now?"

"Yes," I said. "And it's getting rather annoying."

"I'm sure it is," he said.

I narrowed my eyes. "You don't seem too bothered by this."

"Why would I be?" he asked. "Let them think what they want. It just keeps them guessing, and then they get confused and frustrated, which leads to amusement for us."

"Huh..." I said after a moment. "I guess I didn't think of that."

"Of course you didn't. I'm awesome and you're not," he said.

"What you are, is a dick," I said.

He rolled his eyes.

The boarding house was packed. Caroline had pretty much invited the whole of Mystic Fall's teenagers. The music was vibrating through the walls and people talked and laughed and danced in a drunk haze. Beer was what filled almost everyone's cups, but I was getting my supply from Damon's stash, which had been placed in the basement so none of the partyers could get to it. Instead of having to keep refilling my cup, I grabbed a bottle of Smirnoff.

"This is a great party Marni," a random chick who I'd never met said as I was walking past.

"Thanks," I said.

My dress was pretty. It was strapless, and the top half was black, but from the waist down it was a colourful flowery pattern. It flowed down to my knee's and went perfectly with my black flats.

I nodded in greeting to people who looked like they needed to be nodded at. I kept an eye out, making sure no one broke anything valuable. I walked into the parlor and sniffed the air. I looked at the people sitting in couches all passing around a joint. I wrinkled my nose. I never really got the point of smoking marijuana, so I saw no point in smoking it.

I was gettiing hungry, so I walked into the kitchen, where I walked in on what I hoped wouldn't happen.

Jeremy and Vicki were making out... passionately.

My happy mood vanished immediately, and I was filled with what one would call, heart ache. I kept my face blank though, and showed none of my real emotions.

"Marni!" Jeremy said, surprised. "Sorry, we uh..."

"No, it's fine," I reassured him. For some reason, I had the urge to kill the dark haired girl standing next to Jeremy. Everything was silent for a moment. "Well, this is awkward, and I came in here for ice cream so... I'm just going to get that."

I went to the freezer and grabbed a tub of cookied and cream flavored ice cream, picking up a spoon on the way.

"Well... bye," I said, before hurrying out of the room. I let my fake smile drop and I took a big mouthful of my drink, before going up to my room and slamming the door behind me.

I sat on my bed and started eating the icecream. I felt something wet against my cheek, and realised that a tear had run down my face. I'd tried telling myself many times that I was over Jeremy. That was clearly a lie. I put the lid back on the icecream and chucked it on the floor. Sighing, I flopped back and looked at my ceiling. The music was dulled down, but I could still here the buzz of talking through out the house.

I heard the sound of a handle turning, and my door opened.

"This room's off limits," I said, not looking to see who it was.

"Too bad," Damon's voice said.

I sighed. "And what brings you up here?"

"The party was getting boring, so I thought I'd come trash your room," he said. I rollled my eyes. I felt my bed sink down beside my when Damon layed down next to me. "I couldn't help but notice that you looked depressed when you walked out of the kitchen. I'm guessing it wasn't because you decided to make that your happy face?"

I laughed without humor. "No... Not exactly."

"So... What was it?"

"It doesn't matter," I said.

"Yes, it does," he said. "I'm letting you drink my alcohol, so you have to tell me what's wrong."

"I walked in on Jeremy kissing Matt's sister," I said after a breif hesitation. "I know it's petty, but... I don't know."

Damon was silent for a moment. "Want me to kick his ass?"

"No," I laughed, wiping another tear from my eye. "We broke up months ago. He has the right to see anyone he wants."

"Yeah, but it'd be funny," Damon said.

"Damon, he's my bestfriend," I said. "I'm not going to let you kick his ass."

Damon frowned. "I thought I was your bestfriend."

"No, your my secret lover, remember?" I asked, smirking. "They probably think we're up here making out or something."

"So you're saying I'm not your bestfriend?" he asked, hurt evident in his voice.

I laughed. "No. Your not. Your more than my bestfriend. You're like my other half."

"That's what I thought," he said smugly.

Things were silent for a moment.

"Caroline's looking for us," Damon said. "They're about to cut the cake."

I groaned. "I don't want cake."

"Fine, but you can face the anger of Caroline," he said, getting up.

"Alright, alright, I'm coming," I said, rolling off the bed and landing on my feet.

Damon was right. Everyone was crowded around the dining table, which had a huge cake on it. Caroline gave me a pointed look when Damon and I walked into the room together and I rolled my eyes. I averted my gaze from the side of the room where Jeremy and Vicki were, and I kept a smile on my face. Elena and Stefan stood near Caroline, arm in arm, and I waved at Stefan when I met his eyes.

There was a chorus of happy birthday, and Caroline blew out her candles. Cake was handed out to everyone, but I didn't have any. I was full from the ice cream.

The partying went on, and everyone was at least a little drunk at this point. It was getting rather annoying. I was tipsy, I do admit, but some of the people here where blind. I was sitting on a couch in the library, staring at the flames in the fireplace. I had long since replaced my empty bottle of Smirnoff with another. A random couple was making out on the lounge beside me, but I didn't care. A senior I'd seen around school a few times sat down next to me with a drunken grin. I think his name was Jeffrey.

"Hi, I'm David," he said.

David. I was close. David had light brown hair and blue eyes. He had a sleazy smile, and had an arrogence about him that suggested that he thought highly of himself.

"Hey," I said, looking back to the fireplace.

"You're Marni right?" he asked.

"That'd be me," I said.

"This is a nice place," he said.

"Yep," I said. I had no interest in making conversation, but I didn't want to be completely rude.

"So... wanna make out?" he asked.

I laughed. "Seriously?"

"Well, yeah. I'm bored, you're hot," he said. This guy was past the point of drunk.

"Well, I'm sorry David, but I have no interest in making out with you," I said.

"Of course you do," he said, edging closer to me.

"Um, no, I don't," I said. I was getting uncomfortable.

He looked like he was about to say something, but he was cut off.

"Is everything okay here?" Stefan asked.

David looked up and wariness flashed in his eyes, knowing his scrawny build had nothing against Stefan's build.

"Yeah," David stuttered. "I was just, um, leaving."

He got up and practically ran from the room. Stefan sat down beside me, taking David's place.

"Thanks," I said.

"No problem," he said. "You enjoying the party?"

"I guess," I said. I observed him. "Well well Stefan, you're completely sober. How did you manage that?"

He shrugged. "Self control."

"I have self control," I said, frowning.

He looked at me doubtfully.

"Shut up," I laughed.

He grinned.

I brought my bottle to my lips and down the last of the liquid.

"Well, I'm bored, and all of these people are annoying me," I said. "I'm going for a walk."

"Try not to pass out," Stefan said.

"No promises there," I said.

I tossed the empty bottle into the fire and the glass shattered, the alcohol causing the flames to grow higher for a second. I nodded in Stefan's direction and walked through the crowd to the front door, pushing people out of my way.

I found a tall tree in the forest and climbed to the top, enjoying the peace and quiet. I sat up there for hours, just thinking. I check my phone, and was surprised to find it was already four in the morning. I shivered in the cold air, and jumped from the tree, landing in a crouch and making my way back to the house.

Everything was quiet when I opened the front door. I quietly walked through the house and upstairs, avoiding the cups and empty beer bottles that were scattered all over the floor. I opened my door, but paused when I saw Caroline and Matt soundly sleeping in my bed. Cursing silently, I quietly closed my door and walked down the hall to a spare room, only to find it occupied by Bonnie. I tried every room, but they were all full.

I muttered under my breath and made my way up the hall to Damon's room. I closed the door behind me and turned to find Damon asleep, his bare chest visible by the covers that had been pulled up to his waist. I walked over to the bed and pulled back the covers, sliding in.

"Damon," I said, nudging his shoulder. "Move over."

I heard him sigh as he shifted over and made room for me. He obviously guessed what happened, because he didn't question why I was there.

I snuggled up to the blankets and rested my head on the pillow that was free.

"Night Damon," I said quietly.

He mumbled something I couldn't understand, and it wasn't too long until I drifted off to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

259K 5.4K 36
Lucy Salvatore, born, raised and died in Mystic Falls 1864. She is now a vampire in present time and has to deal with the supernatural world along wi...
220K 5K 35
Alison is 19 years old and she used to live in Mystic Falls with her godfather Zach back when she was 17, now she is coming back, but where is Zach...
4.9K 62 17
Cassie Mitchell is a 17 year old girl who, ever since she was a little girl, was obsessed with vampires, especially the vampires in 'The Vampire Diar...
128K 1.8K 14
//The Vampire Diaries Fan Fiction//Completed Emily Gilbert is Elena Gilbert's 12 year old sister. She is dragged into the Supernatural Drama of Mysti...