Girl With the Heart of Stone

By Pam-The-Lamb

"Let's get rid of this," he releases my hair letting it fall freely His hot heavy breath lingers on my lips a... More

Who Does My Mother Think She Is?
Meeting Elliot Stone
You Can't Run From Your Past...
Good Job You're No Longer A Lazy Bum
The Reason I Do The Things I Do Is Because I...
You Kneed Me In The Balls
Your Wish Is My Command
I'm A Big Unhappy Mess Of A Human Being
Isn't That A Sign Of Feelings?
Oh Elliot, Forget Your Girlfriend Let's Be Together Forever
Abrelle Louise
Your Two Boyfriend's Bell Boy and Scumbag Pretty Boy
Who's The Sour Puss Now?
No, We Didn't Have Sex If That's What Your Thinking
I Will Hunt You Down And Cut Your Dick Off, Okay?
Will You Marry Me?
I Need To Tell Him The Truth
Join The Let's Hate Elliot Campaign
My Collection Of High Tech Sex Toys
Creepy Perverted Tom
Big Sausage Looking Lips
What Are You Doing Here Dad?
Aria Stone
Tick. Tock.
She Was Totally Checking Me Out
Code Blue
Love, Nathan
Fire Breathing Dragon
You'll Never See It Coming
Story Of My Life
Leave The Love Of My Life Behind
The Trial
The Jury Has Made Their Decision
About Ninety-four Percent
Sequel?
Girl With The Heart Full of Revenge
The First Chapter Is up

I Killed Him

29.1K 1.2K 310
By Pam-The-Lamb

A/N: THIS CHAPTER IS GOING TO SHOW THE TRIAL, BUT I'M JUST LETTING YOU KNOW THAT I AM SORRY IF ANY PROCEDURE THAT I WRITE IS INCORRECT. I DID DO RESEARCH ON THE STEPS TAKEN DURING A TRIAL AND HAVE DECIDED TO SKIP SOME STEPS SO THE ENTIRE TRIAL WILL NOT BE WRITTEN. AGAIN I'M SORRY FOR ANY MISTAKES... ENJOY THE CHAPTER :)

***

Feel free to point out any spelling, grammar, or spacing errors. I would really appreciate it and will fix them right away :)

***

Ch33: I Killed Him.

"Ladies and gentlemen," the prosecuting lawyer smiles at the jury "Luis Vasquez was a fun, honest, humble young man who was very much loved by all those around him. The day he was murdered he was in his own house probably simply making breakfast when someone walked in and brutally stabbed him to death. That someone was an individual whom Luiz Vasquez trusted enough to allow them into his home. I will be using the finger prints found at the scene, the clothing the person was wearing the day of the murder, and various witnesses to prove this to you all. Hopefully by the end of this trial you decided to make the correct and just choice."

"What is this?" I quietly ask Noah.

"Opening statement," Noah says grabbing some papers and fixing them.

"He was convincing," I bite my lip.

"Mine is better," he winks, a small smirk on his lips. I shake my head laughing as he stands up and makes his way to the podium at the center of the room.

"Good morning, ladies and gentleman. My name is Noah Collins, and I am representing Abrelle Louise. We are here today to decide if the defendant, Abrelle Louise, is guilty for the murder of Luis Vasquez on the day of March 12, 2013. On that day, Ms. Louise was driving her car to her fiancée's house and when she arrived she found him brutally stabbed on his living room floor. We will provide an autopsy report that will show who actually murdered Mr. Vasquez. In addition, we will provide the compelling testimony of Mr. Daniel Cox, Ms. Elizabeth Luoise, and Mr. Joshua Hoffer who were all somehow involved in Luis Vasquez case the moment it happened. Ladies and gentleman of the jury, Abrelle Luoise is a kind, loving, honest, law abiding citizen. She made the mistake of entering her fiancée's house and pulling the murder weapon off his chest to hug him during his last painful minutes. At the conclusion of this trial, it is my hope that in the interests of justice you will find that the defendant is not responsible for the murder of Luis Vasquez. Thank you very much"

That was great.

"How was that?" Noah asks taking his seat next to me.

"It was fantastic," I smile.

"Elliot's already standing on the door," Noah smirks looking at the back of the room. I turn my head around and see Elliot standing directly in front of the door, a small smile on his lips.

Yes. This is working.

This is going to work.

"Our plan is going perfectly," I smirk and for the first time I honestly feel hopeful.

Very very hopeful.

***

"How well do you know Luis Vasquez? " the prosecuting lawyer asks.

"Not very well," Alisson states looking directly at me. "We had sex once, but it wasn't anything special."

I can feel my stomach twist and turn at the sound of her words.

It wasn't anything special.

"Did you sleep with him while he was dating your sister?"

"Yes," she nods "they were already engaged."

"Do you think that's why your sister killed him?"

"Of course," she answers her eyes still on me. "She's always been an extremely jealous person and as soon as she found out that Luis had slept with me she was consumed with rage."

"Did she ever tell you she wanted to kill him?"

"No," she shakes her head "but she did say that one day we'd pay."

What?

I never said that.

"That's a lie," I say through gritted teeth. "I never threatened her."

"It's fine," Noah whispers.

"So she threatened you?" The prosecuting lawyer pretends to be suprised.

"Yes."

"Thank you very much Ms. Luoise," the prosecuting lawyer says taking his seat.

"I'd like to ask Ms. Luoise some question," Noah stands up.

"Go right ahead," the judge nods.

"Ms. Louise," Noah smiles confidently "where were you the day Luis Vasquez died?"

"I was at home," she answers her face stoic.

"Do you remember being with anyone specific that day?"

"No," she says almost defensively "I was alone."

"You were alone at your house the day Luis was killed?" Noah asks, as if to make sure she understands the question.

"Yes," she replies.

"Okay," Noah shrugs."That's all your honor"

***
"What happened when you arrived at your house?"

"I saw all the cops and people surrounding my home," Maury, Luis' sister, sobs. "So I ran towards it and there she was handcuffed and covered in blood. "

"Who was handcuffed?

"Abrelle Luoise," she says "and so I got closer to her and asked her what happened, but she started saying she was sorry."

Oh god.

"Why was she sorry?"

"For what she had done," Maury explains. "She said 'I'm sorry. I'm so sorry for doing this to Luis. I never meant for any of this to happen.'"

"Did you say that?" Noah asks and I nod the memory of the event replaying in head.

*
Luis is dead.

The words just didn't make sense to me because they couldn't possibly be true. He couldn't be dead because I had just held him in my arms. I had held him until he fell asleep not died.

He's not dead.

But he is.

What if they killed him because of me?

Oh god, I did this to him.

I got Luis killed.

I killed Luis.

"Abrelle," I hear a familair voice and I look up to see Maury. "What's happening? Where is Luis?"

I killed him.

"I'm sorry," I cry. "I'm sorry for doing this to Luis. I never meant for any of this so happen."

"Abrelle," she says her face filled with horror. "What are you talking about? What's wrong with Luis?"

"He's dead," I sob. "He's dead and it's all because of me. I did this."

*

"What else happened Ms. Vasquez? "

"I asked her what was wrong with Luis and she," Maury stops taking a deep breath.

"She what?"

"She admitted it," she answers. "She said 'he's dead and it's all because of me. I did this.'"

"She told you she killed Luis?"

"Yes," Maury nods and I feel everyone in the room look at me including Noah with utter shock on their face.

I admitted to killing Luis.

"This changes things," Noah says frustrated. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't remember," I say. "I block out almost everything that happened after they dragged me out of his house. The only vivid thing I remembered is thinking it was all my fault."

It was all my fault.

It is all my fault.

***

"As you can see," the prosecuting judge says. "The clothing she was wearing was covered in Luis' blood and her fingerprints were all over the murder weapon."

"Is he done?" I ask Noah and he nods.

"I rest my case your honor," the prosecuting lawyer says before taking his seat.

"Our turn to shine," Noah winks at me and I can't help but laugh.

Why is he always winking?

I quickly turn and see Elliot still standing in front of the door at the back of the room. He sends me a small smile and I smile back before returning my attention to Noah.

Here goes nothing.

***
"Mr. Joshua Hoffer," Noah smiles "why don't you enlighten us all by explaining how you were involved in Mr.Vasquez case."

Joshua Hoffer, Luis' Pathologist, is a rather short skinny man with thick round glasses that covers most of his face. He seems to be extremely nervous and almost scared.

"I preformed Luis' autopsy," he answers. "

"So you were the Pathologist that did Luis' autopsy report?"

"Yes."

"Okay," Noah walks over to the table and grabs a folder filled with photographs. "In my hand I have the pictures and oficial report that were turned in to the police after your autopsy report."

"That report is incorrect," Mr. Hoffer states. "I lied during the autopsy report because I feared for the safety of myself and my family. I was threatened by very powerful people and every time I walked out of my house their was a vehicle parked across the street with a man who's job it was to watch me and my family. So I turned in false results, but they continued to have the man watch over my family in case I decided to say the truth. "

"Who threatened you Mr. Hoffer?"

"I don't know," he shakes his head. "I simply received a letter that told me what to put on the autopsy report and if I refused they'd have my entire family killed. I couldn't risk it I have an amazing wife and two beautiful little girls so I lied."

"Here is the letter," Noah takes out a paper from the folder and hands it to the prosecuting lawyer.

"It is exhibit 1," Noah takes out a copy of the letter and turns towards the judge. "May I turn in exhibit 1 into evidence?

"Objection your honor," the prosecuting lawyer yells. "Their is no way to prove this is authentic."

"I will allow it," the judge says.

"Thank you your honor," Noah smiles.

"Continue telling us about the letter," Noah turns back to Mr. Joshua Hoffer.

"It was in my office on top of Mr. Vasquez personal folder," he continues.

"Okay, so why have you decided to say the truth today?" Noah asks Mr. Hoffer.

"Because Mr. Elliot Stone," Joshua Hoffer smiles "has moved my family to a safer well protected place where they are in no harms way. "

"How kind of him," Noah smiles taking another piece of paper. "Here in the report handed to the police you say that Mr. Vasquez was stabbed by only one person who was most likely a small women."

"These photographs are exhibit 2," Noah hands the folder to the judge and prosecuting lawyer. "May turn in exhibit 2 into evidence?"

"Yes," the judge nods.

"Thank you your honor," Noah smiles, once again.

"So the statement made in the official report was wrong?" Noah asks.

"Yes."

"Can you explain to us why that statement is wrong?" Noah hands Mr. Hoffer the photos.

"The stab wounds on the upper portion of his chest," Mr. Joshua Hoffer says taking out a picture of Luis' chest and pointing at five stab wounds in specific "are way to deep into the body to have been done by such a petite women."

I look away as soon as he shows the pictures.

Breath in. Breath out.

After a few seconds I look at the photographs and mentally tell myself that I didn't do that him.

"So who made those stab wounds?"

"My guess," he places the picture back into the folder and takes out another one "is that a man made those stab wounds or an extremely strong women."

"So are you saying a man killed Mr. Vasquez?"

"No," he shakes his head pointing at a picture of six stab wounds in Luis' lower abdomen. "These six wounds are not as deep into the body as the previous ones. Now you can tell by the rough edges that this person was trying to dig the knife quite deep into the body, but failed to do so."

"Okay, so who made those stab wounds?"

"A women," he states. "Or a very small man."

"Are you saying two people killed Mr. Vasquez? "

"Yes," he nods. "Two different people stabbed him and actually took turns doing so. Some wounds done by the man are done before the women's stab wounds, but some are done after. As if they were switching back and forth almost like it was a game."

"How horrible," Noah scrunches his nose. "Thank you for your testimony Mr. Joshua Hoffer."

***

"Mr. Daniel Cox," Noah smiles "how are you involved in Luis Vasquez case? "

"I was the first officer to arrive on the scene when Mr. Vasquez was killed" he speaks.

I can faintly remember Mr. Cox and the moment he arrived.

*
"Luis," I cry pulling him closer to my chest.

I can't believe he's dead.

He can't be dead.

"Miss," I hear a voice calling. "I'm going to need you to release the knife."

I look up and see a large police officer with dark hair and a gun in his hand pointed in my direction.

"I need you to release the knife Ma'm," he repeats and I look at my hand where the knife is. I slowly drop the knife and once again pull Luis towards me.

"He's not dead," I tell him.

He needs to know that Luis isn't dead.

Because Luis isn't dead.

He can't be.

"I know," he bends down towards me. "I need you to let him go so that I can help him."

Help him?

He doesn't need help. He's fine.

"Ma'm please release him so I can help," he places his hand on my wrist, but I hold Luis tighter.

"No," I sob uncontrollably. "He's fine he doesn't need your help. He's fine."

"Let me help you," he says. "Let go of him so that I can help you."

Me? No.

"I love him," I scream. "We were suppose to get married and be happy and I love him."

I love Luis.

"He's not dead," I continue. "He can't be dead because we were suppose to get married and be happy and I love him. "

"Cox," another voice commands "get her off of him."

"Ma'm we need to go," a pair of arms wraps around my waist and they pull me.

"No," I fight, but he's much stronger than me.

***

"What exactly happened when you arrived?" I hear Noah ask and my focus returns to the room.

"She was hugging Mr. Vasquez," he replies. "I remember she had the knife in her hand and I asked her to release it which she did immediately. Then I asked her to let him go, but she refused. I was unable to talk her into letting him go so I had to physically pull her off of him."

"Here I have some photographs of the crime scene which are exhibit 3," Noah grabs another folder and hands it to the judge. "May I turn in exhibit 3 into evidence?"

"You may," the judge nods.

"Thank you your honor," Noah hands the folder to Mr. Cox.

"Can you tell us about the crime scene?" Noah asks.

"Yes," he takes out a picture of Luis' living room and points to a tipped over blue cabinet. "Now Mr. Vasquez was standing against the cabinet when he was first stabbed. We know this because the oldest blood was on that cabinet and according to the police after being stabbed he was slammed against the cabinet which tipped it over. Ms. Luoise could not have done that."

"Why not?"

"It's an extremely heavy cabinet that was filled with thick books from head to toe," he explains. "I'm sorry, but Ms. Louise is simply not strong enough to do that."

"Okay," Noah nods. "What else can you tell us?"

"They found fingerprints on the knife," he says "but nowhere else."

"Okay, can you elaborate."

"We know that the knife used to kill Mr. Vasquez was pulled out from one of the drawers in the kitchen," he elaborates. "But we failed to find her fingerprints on the drawer's handle. As if she decided to wipe her fingerprints off the handle, but not the murder weapon. Not just that, but her fingerprints were not found on anything else, like the blue cabinet or the handle of the front door."

"So are you saying you don't believe Ms. Luoise did this?"

"Of course not," he states confidently. "Their are too many things that don't make sense."

"What things?"

"The fingerprints," he replies. "The blue cabinet and how she managed to get this man on the floor to brutally stab him. We know the first stab wound was given against the blue cabinet, but the rest were on the floor. So she managed to push down an alpha male twice her size in both height and weight to the ground where she brutally stabbed him to death. It simply doesn't make sense."

"Okay," Noah nods grabbing a controller from our table and turning on a T.V that's facing both the audience and Jury. "This is the security camera that was placed on Mr. Vasquez street is it exhibit 4. May I turn it in for evidence?"

"You may," the judge nods.

"Thank you," Noah smiles while pushing play on the video and we begin to see Luis' house.

It was a small white house with a black door and barred windows. Outside it had two pink flower pots filled with dirt, but no flowers. He always claimed it was because they were barely starting to grow.

They house only had a driveway big enough for one car and no patio or porch, just one cement step before it became the sidewalk.

We first see Maury leave the house and drive their blue old impala out of the drive way. Quickly Noah fowards it and their's no movement until an expensive looking black Toyota arrives.

I glance at the back of the room and see Elliot still standing on the door with security gaurds next to him on both sides.

Smart.

He called backup.

Even though he can't see me I sent Elliot a small smile before turning back to see the T.v.

The black Toyota is still parked directly across Luis' house. Suddenly both doors on the car open and two figures get off the car.

I take a deep breath as both the figures without realizing it turn around to face the camera. I immediately recognize the two figure's faces.

Sam.

Alisson.

A/N: HURRAYYY for the longestttt chapter everrr!!!! I hope you enjoyed this very intense chapter...

I'll update soon...

Comment & Vote

Love, Pam

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 32.3K 55
"Go, I don't want to make you hate me for what I did." he says softly as a tear of drop dipped from his eyes. "What are you talking about?" I approac...
29.4K 976 28
Complete! "You know I really like you, right?" He was definitely drunk. "You do?" I asked. My voice was supposed to be teasing, but I think it ca...
22.2K 1.4K 34
I stared at the girl in the mirror. She was only a shadow of the girl I used to be. Blue eyes, void of emotions and glint, glanced back at me. My li...
89.4K 2.6K 36
This is a rewritten version of Golden Boy! It's completely new except for the names of the characters. Everyone has that one thing that they fear th...