The Princess Wannabe- Wisdom...

By Skittlez101

One event. Twelve ladies. Four challenges. Twenty clues scattered through out the castle. Winner wins the ha... More

The Princess Wannabe: Preface
The Princess Wannabe: The Fear Of What's Near To Come
The Princess Wannabe: Competitive Dinners
The Princess Wannabe: A Royal Family Arrives
The Princess Wannabe: Puzzle Piecing
The Princess Wannabe: Spoilt Bratz
The Princess Wannabe: Feeling Valued
The Princess Wannabe: Dropping Books= Bad Idea
The Princess Wannabe: Trouble In Paradise
The Princess Wannabe: A Celebration, of a New Begining
The Princess Wannabe: The Begining
The Princess Wannabe: Tears and Hope
The Princess Wannabe: Keep Your Eyes On The Prize
The Princess Wannabe: Graceful Kisses
The Princess Wannabe: Assumptions of the Innocent
The Princess Wannabe: Picture Perfect
The Princess Wannabe: A New Friend
The Princess Wannabe: Prophecy
The Princess Wannabe: The Old Woman aka Jessica's Grandma
The Princess Wannabe: Knowing Your Safe
The Princess Wannabe: Aching Heart
The Princess Wannabe: The First Ball
The Princess Wannabe: Lover Boy
The Princess Wannabe: In Her Head
The Princess Wannabe: Sunshine
The Princess Wannabe: Rolling With The Wind
The Princess Wannabe: Sorry Is Just A Word
The Princess Wannabe: Another Loss
The Princess Wannabe: The Truth About Frankie
The Princess Wannabe: Wisdom
The Princess Wannabe: Natalie ~Part One~
The Princess Wannabe: Epilogue
NOTICE!
Thank You :)

The Princess Wannabe: Amelia

15.1K 215 4
By Skittlez101

Ok so we're in the last 30 days of the watty awards! If you haven't done so could you maybe please you know, vote, comment and fan, if you fan I'll fan you back, and if you vote I'l take a look at your stories? Please :) Anyways enjoy, Lady Amelia Annabelle Jone's ponit of view,

Skittlez

Extra Book Two

~Amelia~

“Fallen!” I yelled, increasing my pace. “Just, wait!”

His dirty blonde hair bounced as he ran. Why was he so incredibly fit?!

“Fallen, please!” I placed my hand on my hip hoping it would ease the pain. Then I just stopped, and stared after him, I placed my hands on my knees panting hard and squeezed my eyes shut. I didn’t even get a chance to explain…

I had been running after him for at least fifteen minutes and my body was aching. I fell to the floor, beginning to feel dizzy, I had never done this much running in my life. So much running… I didn’t even get him back.

I guess if I were in his situation I would run too, I just… it wasn’t even my fault! My father tricked me! I thought I could trust him, I mean he raised- yeah forget about that sentence. I shook my head back and forth, I clutched my knees, my eyes still sealed closed.

He couldn’t do that to me…

“Amelia?”

My eyes fluttered open to meet those beautiful green ones. His pale hands lightly brushed away my tears. Then his eyes turned from guilty soft to hard and hurt. He looked away from me and I blinked. “Fallen… I can explain.”

He just continued staring off into the distance, not daring to meet my eyes again, I took that silence as a yes. “Well you see…

The ticking of that clock down the corridor was driving me bonkers! I gripped my paint brush tightly, I couldn’t concentrate. I slammed my brush on the floor and stomped down the corridor, fiddling with the clock until it was switched off.

“Nathaniel, it’s perfect, Amelia’s strong and beautiful! If you made her win, then we would save the kingdom!” My father’s voice echoed down the hall, silencing any new or old sound.

“That would be breaking the law! Don’t you get it David!?” Nathaniel hissed in outrage. The voices were getting louder and I glanced around the room and spotted a table with a long enough cloth that it would keep me hidden. I leapt under it just in time for them to come walking past, and coincidentally they stopped right in front of me.

“Well you wouldn’t want the kingdom finding out what you did, would you?” I peeped out of the cloth to see my father eying off Nathaniel who was biting his lips.

“Very well then, but remember…”

“The back-up plan yes.” My father laughed reassuring.

“So who do you have in mind for this back-up plan?” Nathaniel asked raising an eyebrow.

My father smirked, “Well none other than Sir Roderick.”

Nathaniel’s eyes sparkled with amusement, “Good luck with that.”

“It wasn’t until later that I found out what the back-up plan was…”

Fallen turned his face towards me. “So in the meantime while they were sorting out ways for you to ‘cheat’, they were making sure Roderick made you fall in love with him, this is sick! And you did, you agreed to marry him! And to think I-I thought- no it doesn’t matter.”

Tears trickled down my face, “No… The back-up plan… it was much worse…

I knocked twice on the door, and my father’s viscous voice allowed me to enter his study. I nervously tugged at the knob until that old rusted door, sort of clumped backwards. Each step I took echoed around the small study, my father was writing away in books made especially for his duties. It was only when I sat at the leather chair placed directly across from him was when he looked up.

“Lady Amelia…” he greeted formally which I made a look of disgust at. He laughed slight at my unpleasant display of affection then swallowed, “You are to marry Sir Roderick, in the fall.”

My mouth fell to the ground my eyes widening, my lips quivered and my eyes watered. This was it, this was the backup plan. “No! You can’t do that dad!”

My father laughed slightly more at himself than anything else, and I glared. “But I can…”

“It was all him! I didn’t mean for any of this to happen!” Fallen looked me in the eye searching for any doubts or lies.

I cried harder when he was still staring after ten minutes and he didn’t take a moment later after that he pulled me into his arms and ran his fingers through my hair. “We’ll sort something out, Meelia. I promise.”

He kissed my cheek lightly and I sighed pulling away from him. “Meelia…”

“No, I just need to be alone for a minute…” He nodded and helped me up, before walking off. I needed to work out some kind of plan… anything.

Slowly my plan pieced together and I smiled in satisfactory.

***

I entered the room, twirling my dress it was yellow and spoofed out. I glanced around the room examining each and every table. My father had told me to make it look like, I had figured out each clue there was to pass elimination, even though I hadn’t even figured out the first one.

I eyed all the fellow contestants searching for any sign of doubt. Sapphire was folding her napkin repeatedly which I laughed at. I took my seat next to my father and smiled as Roderick came and sat next to me, secretly trying to kill myself inside as I saw Fallen grip the metal dish he was holding firmly.

"Welcome." Lady Henrietta's loud voice boomed around the room and everybody glanced up at her. "The ladies on council and me have been planning this ball all month. It involved a lot of organisation and commitment but we managed to get it up and running."

Everyone clapped and cheered and I slowly tapped my fingers to my hand, she was trying too hard. "Thank you, thank you."

It was like someone pressed a switch, cause one second the waiters were just doing their own thing then the next their dancing around the floor serving food to everyone. I noticed Gwen and Sofia shooting looks of disgust at the waiters for bringing the inappropriate food, which I had to resist laughing at.

After that awkward meal, which not I, my father or Roderick spoke at the head knight rose to the stage and coughed loudly gathering the chatty people’s attention. "Announcing, King Nathaniel."

The king stood up from his seat and restlessly walked up to where just moments ago, the head knight was announcing him. "Thank you, Diego. I'd like to welcome, all of you here. Over the last few weeks these 12 young ladies have been put up to the task of finding 3 clues and solving two of them, in order to not be dismissed at the first dismissive ball. It has now come to that crucial time, where I must tell you who is being dismissed. It was a close call between five girls, but-"

“Wait!” I screamed standing up. Every head snapped towards me every eye narrowed in disgust, and I fought the urge to laugh. “I’m pulling out.”

A gasp escaped everyone’s lips, and I sighed clenching my eyes shut then opening them again in frustration. “But, why?” My head shot over to where Evaina was studying me closely her hazel eyes with green specks were spinning with confusion.

I gave her a thoughtful glance as I began to walk next to Nathaniel.

"I don't want to be queen. It's not right for me. There are so many things I want to do with my life, if I was queen I'd never get to do that. That's why I'm pulling out. Give it to someone who wants it... Not someone who doesn't." And with that I walked off, leaving everyone behind.

The sharp taps of feet on the ground informed me that my father was only moments behind me prepared to give me a lecture.

“Lady Amelia Annabelle Jones, you come here right now!” My father screamed, and I looked behind to see him a fair way away before sticking my tongue at him and walking off. As I picked up my fast walk into a steady run, my naturally straight golden hair whipped back and forth and my aqua eyes seem to calculate the distance to my room, by itself.

What good was running anymore? You are 18; you can make decisions for yourself. So I stopped and slowly spun around my father was panting, and absolutely out of breath. “Dad!”

I was too late though… he collapsed to the floor, dead.

***

I couldn’t blame myself, for my father’s death that night, I actually didn’t. He brought this on to himself; don’t get me wrong I am terribly saddened, but if he were to grow up and learn I can make my own decisions for a change then maybe I wouldn’t be in this mess.

I buried my face in my hands letting the warm covers, warm me up from the cold and bitter night. My door squeaked and I didn’t need to look up to know Fallen had just entered he slid in beside me and held me gently. “I’m so sorry, Amelia.”

I gave him a tight smile, “It’s all good.” He gave me a puzzled look, which I raised and eyebrow at. “What?”

“Nothing it’s just… can I tell you something?” He stumbled and I laughed a little nodding, “It’s just I think I may possibly be in love with you.”

I froze, I didn’t know why. It’s not like Fallen and I were a couple or anything, I just thought we were friends with… benefits, but it wasn’t until this moment that I realised that it was so much more than that. I smiled at him and leaned in kissing him, which he immediately responded to wrapping his arms around my head pulling me closer. “You know what?” I mumbled against his lips.

He laughed breaking away to kiss me down my neck, “What?”

“I think I’m in love with you too.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.1K 181 39
For centuries, I've ruled my kingdom with an iron fist. I've enjoyed torturing souls and demons for the fun of it. I'm the feared and cunning ruler o...
355K 18K 56
Remember that 16-year-old Female Lead who's always indecisive and unadaptable, in 'that' Beastworld Story? įŠā Ė˜ā  ā źˆŠā  ā Ė˜ā  ā įŠ Yes!!! That one! What i...
747 63 52
I grunted in pain at the impact with the floor, the weight of the deadly beast keeping me down. I knew this was it, the beast would end me. Then the...
319K 25.5K 35
A new system of marriage for the prince has been made in the kingdom Taraxac: The Dandelion System. When Karlina Dearcage makes a deal with the manip...