Dear Sydney (2016 Wattys Awar...

By katherinepowell

**Winner of the 2016 Watty Awards in Visual Storytelling, and officially a Wattpad Featured Novel!** ... More

1: Connor
2: Sydney
3: Connor
4: Sydney
5: Connor
6: Sydney
7: Connor
8: Sydney
9: Connor
10: Sydney
11: Connor
13: BOTH
14: BOTH
15: Connor
Author's Note: FAQs
Author's Note: Writing Contest
16: Sydney
17: Connor
18: Sydney
19: Connor
20: Sydney
21: Connor
22: Sydney
Part 2
23: Connor
24: Sydney
25: Connor
26: Sydney
27: Connor
28: Sydney
29: Connor
Watty's 2016
30: Sydney
Epilogue 1 | Connor
Epilogue 2 | Sydney
Epilogue 3 | Jen
Epilogue 4 | Riley
Epilogue 5 | Trey
Epilogue 6 | Delaney
Epilogue 7 | Kevin
Epilogue 8 | Ashley
Epilogue 9 | Aria
Love, Aria
Author's Note: Featured & Publishing
Author's Note: Website & Updates
Author's Note: A WATTY?!
Author's Note: New Book & Almost Published
Release Date
It's Here!
To Whom It May Concern
2 MILLION?!

12: Sydney

77.8K 3.7K 1.6K
By katherinepowell

Monday, December 12, 2016

Dear Connor,

      I'm glad my loud mouth doesn't scare you, that's always a good thing. I realize that fighting online is stupid and doesn't really accomplish much, but at the same time it's not like I can do anything else—if I see these people at school, I might just start crying right then and there. Also, thanks for understanding about the phone number thing...it was nothing personal, just silly me being paranoid! I do appreciate your respect and thank you again for that. Thank you also for acknowledging that my ex-boyfriend and his new squeeze are jerks...sometimes I just don't understand how I ever dated someone who can treat someone they once loved so terribly. It was also just so out of the blue, so I don't understand what even happened to make him act this way. Thanks for being so understanding of everything, and I guess your current situation kinda helps you to see things from my eyes as well. It sucks to be the actual victim in a situation instead of the fake one, doesn't it?

      You're very welcome for defending you online again. It just really bothers me that these people can be so awful to you! Again, it's probably because of my own situation, but at the same time, it isn't right, no matter who it's happening to. I will always defend causes I think are just, and yours is just about as just as they come. How many times can I say "just" in a sentence? Who knows.

      Also, just so you know, I got a message from Ashley on Facebook messenger yesterday. It was definitely not something that I appreciated, but I held my own against her and let her know just how terrible of a person she was (as nicely as possible, of course). She was just mad that I, a girl, was coming to your defense against her—something about me being an outsider and not being welcome in the Langston High drama. Don't worry about it, though. She's a twat and won't get to me.

      Speaking of people defending others, my cousin Riley has been coming to my aid lately and helping me out with...a lot of different things. I'm sure you don't really care about who's caring for me or anything like that, but I thought I would let you know just so that you don't think I'm some loser without any friends to help me out. Most of my friends aren't super active online, but I do have good friends who will come to my aid if I need it. I also have quite a hard time asking for help and that doesn't help much when I'm being attacked by my ex and his crazy new girlfriend.

      What's Deep Creek like? I feel like I've heard of it, but I can't quite remember. My friend Kelsey goes skiing in Western Maryland a lot, and maybe that's where she goes, unless there's another place like that nearby. Well anyways, I hope you have a great time! Make sure to watch Chuck, it's such a great show! You'll have to let me know who your favorite character is! I have a feeling you'll like the character Chuck...he's really loyal and sweet and funny.

      Again, have a great vacation! Don't get hurt and don't party too much up in the mountains!

Sincerely,

Sydney Porter

A/N: Hey guys!! Thank you so much to everyone for being so supportive with all the Twitter accounts for the characters! Sydney racked up 50 followers in the first day of the account be live, which is crazy for a book character! So after running a poll on Typeform, I decided to make Twitter accounts for the "villains" of the book: Kevin Long, Delaney Cross, and Ashley Yates! Both Delaney and Kevin's usernames were taken, so I replaced the "o"s in "yaboiKEV" and "tacoDEL" with zeros, so they still look relatively the same! Also, Dear Sydney is so close to 10k reads! I published it a month ago from yesterday, so this is completely insane and I can't believe that you guys are this into it...I am so grateful! And for all of you tweeting at Sydney and Connor talking about the ship...it's so hard to pretend they don't know what that is! Sydney's faking it, she knows what it means. Connor's just oblivious and honestly think Sydney is only talking about her ship. Just so you guys are updated.

Also, I have received many requests for me to make accounts for Trey and Jen...I am very seriously considering picking one of you guys to roleplay the accounts, but I don't know yet! Comment letting me know if I should do it myself, pick someone else to, or just keep it at the five we have now (because that's already a lot!) The only rule if I picked someone else is that you absolutely cannot change any major plot points!

Also, (IM SO SORRY THAT THERE HAVE BEEN SO MANY LONG AUTHOR'S NOTES LATELY I KNOW YOU ALL HATE ME FOR IT BUT I JUST HAVE SO MANY IDEAS AND I NEED OPINIONS) I am considering running a writing contest here on Wattpad! I have one all planned out and ready to go because I planned it a while ago and nothing really happened with it but I am trying to start it up again. I have recently fallen in love with the website Typeform because it's bomb for polling and getting opinions, so please visit this link: https://katherinepowell.typeform.com/to/lS81va to let me know your thoughts! You can also comment below because that would get the information to me faster.

Thank you again for reading, voting, commenting, and sharing...it means the world to me and you guys constantly make my day! I'm sorry again for the long note...maybe one of these days I won't be so impatient and excited about everything!

-Katherine

Follow the Characters on Twitter:

Sydney Porter: https://twitter.com/aSYDity_

Connor Hall: https://twitter.com/haIIconnor

Delaney Cross: https://twitter.com/tac0DEL

Kevin Long: https://twitter.com/yab0iKEV

Ashley Yates: https://twitter.com/opentheYATES

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

118K 10.6K 28
When 17-year-old Carina agrees to go on blind dates to hide her crush on her best friend's boyfriend, she discovers who her true friends are, unexpec...
343K 19.9K 15
Grace and Grant were not meant to be, but there were eleven reasons why he was unforgettable. This is a short story of how she fell for him, and how...
1.4M 34.6K 32
***Sequel to Farm Girl meets Bad Boy*** River Snow had always lived a normal, boring life, and now she wants it back. After the death of Emery's fath...
7.7M 321K 48
"Its a deal then". "Okay", he replied and before I had the chance to kick him out of my couch, outside my door away from me he placed his lips on min...