Pearce Hudson: #1 My Italian...

By browneegirl

7 years ago I was an ignorant, naive fool blissfully happily married to my husband. 5 years later I was a det... More

Prologue
1. He' back
2. Dear husband
3. I do
4. One of a kind
5. Holding on
6.New and improved
7.Hudson, Pearce Hudson
8.New kid on the block
9.The devil wears Armani
10.Old friends
11.Bella
12.The past
13.Bloodshed
14.The truth must come out
15.Guilt trip
16.1 truth 1 lie
17.Let the game begin
19.Dealing with the devil
20.Girl talk
21.Emperors can't rule on their own
22.Lose the battle, win the war
23.Liar liar pants on fire
24.Check
25.Game over
26.Burnt
27.Speak of the devil and he shall call
28. Queen sacrifice
29.Knights, rooks & bishops
30.Her
31.Snitch
32. Loving him was red
33. Mole
34. Killers
35. What Now
36. Breakthrough
37. Never let you go
38. All is fair in love and war
39.Bloodstream
Epilouge: Dante's Inferno
Author's note

18.The red dress and blue blazer

10.2K 323 25
By browneegirl

Paul left with Peter. He wouldn't look at me as he got out of the warehouse. When Peter went up to him, Paul shoved him aside and got into the car. He thinks we betrayed him. He needs to get over himself.

Ross and Greens adventure to the strip club didn't provide any information about the case but detailed descriptions of some of the girls there. No one was willing to talk.

"Vivian got you and Ross in," Jessica said getting off the phone. "You'll be going to present Terry Price Investigations. These conferences are full of power hungry men. You'll be selling our 'security' service. Ross is going to be your plus one."
"Power hungry men. Mmm. My favourite," I joked.
"Let's get lunch," Jessica said looking at her watch. "I'm driving."

"I'm confused. Do you eat clothes?" I asked as we pulled up to Wish, a clothes boutique.
"Shopping helps me think."
"I'm starving."
"Well I don't care."

I followed her into the boutique. Colourful clothes flanked the shop on mannequins. Techno music played on the speakers. A few middle aged women were around, shopping. Jessica went around picking clothes and flinging them at me. I caught them and followed her.

Finally she stopped at the change room and took all the clothes from. "Can I ask you a question?" I asked sitting outside the change room curtains.
"Talk," Jessica's hands lifted above the curtains as she took off her blouse.
"If Javier Gomez asked you to escape with him that day at the Villa. Would you have gone?"
She didn't reply. I heard material shifting, a zipper unzipping and heels against the marble floor. "No."
"Because you were a CIA-"
"Because it wasn't real," Jessica moved the curtains to the side and came out wearing a purple midi dress. "Not completely real. I was a CIA agent and he was a drug lord. He was a mission for me. Even though I loved him. It wouldn't have worked out."
"I would've said no to Dante," I whispered.
"No you wouldn't. Dante is a sex trafficker, drug lord and arms trafficker but he never did anything to you. You yourself said so, he treated you like any wife would've wanted to be. He still loves you and I know you do too."
"Jessica I don't. He took Alessandra-"
"Look I'm not on his side but what proof do you have that Dante took her? What would've Dante gained by throwing her into sex trafficking?"
"Profit. Money."
"Pearce 5 years later he came back for you! He could've gone anywhere else but he came back for...you."
"He came back to Boston because this is where all his criminal contacts are. He's 'businesses'."
Jessica turned from the mirror, "Listen I didn't tell you this: when the FBI got the flight manifest for Dante's private jet. He had a plus one. Your name was on it."
"They didn't tell me."
"They couldn't. You were the only intel source they had. They needed you to hate Dante."
"Why are you telling me this?"
"Because I'm jealous. I'm 41, unmarried and no children! As agents get older we get paranoid. We sleep with guns under our pillows! Any people who take an interest in us we put them under surveillance!"
"It comes with the job."
"Ending up alone wasn't part of the job description. There are two ways you leave the job in a body bag or with numerous accommodations or accomplishments and a broken marriage. When you put your life on the line you expect something back from the agency. Nothing."
I stared down at the red dress in my hands.
"You should get the dress for tonight," Jessica said pointing to the dress in my hands.

"Once more I almost got it!" Vivian said.
"Viv stop lying the chain isn't half way up my back!" I called her out.
"Okay I give up," she said letting go off the chain.
Jessica bought the red dress for me. The was beautiful in its own way. It went up to a few inches above my knees. Red straps wrapped around my shoulder and collarbone. The neck of the dress was a square and my tatas were having a hard time staying in. The dress was tight as fuck and the zipper wouldn't go up.
"Viv!"
"Ask Jessica."
"Jessica will peel the skin of my back to fit me in the dress."
Green and Jones were loading the van and Jessica was testing our listening devices. We hadn't talked since her outburst at the boutique. I didn't really know what to say to her. I scurried to the bathroom and attempted to zip up myself, which resulted in the zipper pinching my skin.
"Ow!"
"Do you need some help?" Jake asked, standing out the bathroom door.
"Huh?"
"Your dress."
"Oh...yeah."
Jake's leather look was...okay but I missed his geeky side. Leather wearing guys were all the rave now, it's nice to see someone with a different personality. His hands brushed against the back of my neck as he moved my hair. His finger trailed my naked back as he zipped up the dress. I spied him from the mirror. There was no denying he was good looking, smart and kind, just a kinda guy any woman looks for. Even what I look for. Under different circumstances I wouldn't mind dating him.
"There you go," he gave my back a light pat.
"My boobs are about to jump from this dress Jess," I complained.
"Don't call me Jess. And your boobs aren't large enough to pop out of the dress," Jessica replied.
"Don't listen to the shrew you look great," Ross grinned giving me a kiss on the side of my head.
"Alright people," Jones clapped his hands. "Let's go over the plan."
"Keep Dante at the conference as long as possible for Ross to get into his suite," I said.
"Dante's suite takes more than just a keycard, there's also a 4 digit code," Jake explained. "You need both to get in."
"I'll see what I can do," I told him.

The Ritz was as fancy as it always was. It was tall building, standing like a bright light against the night sky. When we got out of the car, the valet immediately took the car. "Too rich for my blood," Ross commented. I smirked. We linked arms and walked into the hotel. The conference was attendees only so we had to stop and get our names crossed off the list from the man standing at the door of the conference room.
"Do you guys see Dante anywhere?" I whispered.
"Negative," Jake's voice came from my earpiece.
I scanned the crowd and a blue blazer wearing man kept catching my eye. His back was turned. He had on light grey dress pants. The man turned to speak to someone. It was Dante. I let out a deep breath and my mind drifted.

7 years ago, DeNiro residence
"Where did you get this dress?" I asked sucking in my stomach as Zoey zipped up my dress.
I went to stand over the mirror. It was tight and hugged my body. The dress was red and short. It was sleeveless. "I look like a slut."
"You look hot," Zoey replied.
"She looks like a slut," Lily said sitting on my bed.
"A hot slut," Zoey argued. "If you wanna get it on tonight. This dress will do wonders."
"Dressed as a slut not a slut," I told her. I glanced at the clock sitting on my night stand. "Shit it's almost time. Where are my shoes?"
Lily held up the strappy nude heels. I grabbed them and put them while trampling down the stairs. I sneaked past the living room where dad, Paul and Peter were watching the Patriots game. If they saw in this scandalous outfit I was in I wasn't going anywhere. Alessandra found me grabbing my jacket at the front door.
"Dad Aunt Pearce is going out on a date!" she shouted.
"You are the most annoying 11 year old I know," I said reaching down to give her a kiss.
"Oh no no," Paul said stepping into the foyer. "Not like that."
The door bell rang and I opened the door. Dante was outside with a bouquet of roses. His hair was slicked back. He was dressed in a blue blazer, white shirt and grey jeans.
"Wow you look amazing!" he exclaimed, then handed me the flowers. "These are for you."
I took a sniff, "They're beautiful." I turned and tossed them to Paul.

Paul coughed behind us.

Dante pulled out his hand, "I'm-"

"Leaving," I finished his sentence grabbing his extended arm and dragging him down the steps of the house.

"And we're leaving," Dante agreed. He opened the car door for me. "My lady."

"Cheesy much?"

"I thought girls liked cheesy."

"Only on cheeseburgers."

Dante thew back his head and laughed as he started the car.

"Where are we going?"

"You'll see soon."

"Well it better be worth it. I'm missing the Pats game."

"You never cease to amaze Pearce," Dante laughed again.

"Good. I like to be amazing."

"Oh wow the Prudential building!" I exclaimed getting out the car. Dante handed the keys of the car to the valet and slipped him a 10 dollar note.
"Thank you sir!"
"Yes the Prudential building. Top of the hub. Best view in the city," Dante held out his hand and I took it.
Dante was right the view was breathtaking. We were seated near the window and down below was beautiful Boston nightlife.
"I wanna get something out of the way," Dante said. "I know this is the 21st century and arranged marriage is bullshit. But this doesn't have to be a marriage unless we both agree to it okay?"
"I agree and I'm glad we got that out of the way."
Dante dazzled his smile at me, "So tell me everything I should know."

After ordering the entrees Dante went to go to the bathroom while I enjoyed the gorgeous view deep in thought. Dante...was marriage material. We were different people. He was an only child. He went to Yale, the only sport he played was fencing. The only other language he spoke was Italian. People say opposites attract but I think it's more like you're interested in them because they have a much different view on everything.

The waitress brought our salads but I decided to wait for Dante even though the salad was calling my name. That's when I saw a man sitting across from us. He was older and sitting alone but he was eyeing me...in a weird way. I gave him a small smile hoping he would turn away but he didn't. He continued to eye me.
"Dante," I said as he sat down again. "The man across from us...is eyeing...me."
"Excuse me sir," Dante turned to the man. "Can I help you?"
"No...just thinking of what I'd do to her," he replied with the dirtiest smile on his face.
"Say that again!"I stood up pushing the chair and table.
"Pearce let it go he's not worth it," Dante's hands were around my waist holding me back from punching the man. "Let's go."

"I could've creamed that scumbag!" I shouted when we were outside.
"Pearce it's fine," Dante wrapped his arms around me.
I shrugged him off, "I'm not scared."
"I know you're not scared," Dante told me. "I'm sure you could've 'creamed' that guy. I was just comforting you."
"Okay," I whispered accepting his embrace. He smelled amazing, like body spray and chocolate.
"My penthouse is a few minutes away from here. We can order in if you want."
"Okay but I'm warning you now I'm not one of those girls who sleep with guys on the first date."
"I'm fine with that."

Dante's penthouse was one of those modern ones. When he unlocked the front door, the lights turned on and the window shades went up, revealing the Boston skyline. I slipped off the heels and followed Dante to the living room.
"Wow you're impressive!" I grinned.
"I get by," he replied with an embarrassed smile.
A bunch of framed pictures on the fireplace mantle caught my eye. "Is that your mom?"
Dante came up behind me,"Yeah. That her. She died when I was five."
I turned, we were centimeters apart. "I'm sorry," I whispered.

We were kissing. It was passionate. It was electrifying. My legs wrapped around his waist. He walked over to,the sofa and laid me down. Our breathing was heavy but the kiss was too. My dress was unzipped and his shirt opened. He traced my neck with kisses making me moan. His hands were in my hair and mine were running up and down his muscular torso. "I thought you didn't sleep with guys on the first date," Dante said between kisses.
"You're an exception."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 52 14
He was once married. Married to my older sister. A seemingly fairytale that should have had a happy ending. But then tragedy befell upon them and th...
288K 14.1K 31
**Rated M for Mature** I'm being hunted. I'm being hunted by every lowlife looking to make five hundred million. As long as they don't get to close...
106 0 78
For all my life, I was always working with death. Previously, I negotiated justice for creatures that died out millions of years ago and afterward al...
54.6K 1.7K 38
Allister is brand new to the world of work; fresh out of high school. His boss is nothing like he expects and very quickly his learning that his offi...