Zombie Apocalypse:The Walking...

By KnockEmDeadBabe

In the sequel to Flesh...Zombies....Oh My: Allison's adventures continue as she leads her group to survivors... More

Zombie Apocalypse:The Walking Dead Rise
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 3

6K 131 22
By KnockEmDeadBabe

Everyone in the morning was grumpy and irritable. No one felt like talking, or being polite. They knew we were moving and that packing and preparations had to be done, fast. More than once I heard Rick curse under his breath as someone shoved him aside. We hadn't slept one bit, and yet I felt perfectly fine. Well except for the fact that my side hurt from being shoved into the side of a counter. I blew the hair out of my face and then turned to Rick with a pout. He laughed and then squeezed my cheeks. In a way Rick had become a brother to me. He seemed to understand what I was going through and he didn't judge or pry. I looked over and caught Wyatt looking at us. (He was the new guy in the group, the obnoxious one) Dorothy's group had been introduced to us earlier and we learned that their names. There was Jen, Alicia, Rodrigo, and Wyatt. I didn't remember all their names though, my brain was half fried when they introduced themselves. Alicia had been the girl that Stephen had been flirting with. His face had gone from moody to instantly happy in a second when he saw her. 

"Is it just me or does cool guy keep looking over here?" I whispered to Rick. "Cool guy" was our new codename for Wyatt. It fit him. 

"Nope, he keeps looking over here and I doubt it's for me. I mean, I haven't shaved in forever." Rick replied dramatically. I stilfled a laugh and then punched him lightly. 

"Shut up." I giggled.

"Just being honest, he can't keep his eyes off you." Rick added with a hint of amusement in his voice. This earned him yet another punch which caused him to double over with laughter. 

"Not funny." I whispered harshly and then soon joined in. Everyone was too busy working and they didn't notice us laughing, well except for Sam who was laughing with us. I already knew she had heard everything and that she found this just as hilarious. I was watching her and I saw her lips moving. Rick's head snapped up and then his mouth widened even more and he tried to hold in more laughter.

"What are you guys saying?!?" I cried. 

"Oh. nothing interesting miss." Rick said and tried to do an accent, he failed horribly. 

Sometimes I hated their super enhanced powers. 

Usually I would have been grateful for whatever breeze we could get, but this breeze was just a bunch of hot air being blown at us. I clung on to Robert as he drove in front of the group on his motorcycle. My brothers had mentioned leaving the bike, since it made so much noise. He said it drew too much attention. But Robert had looked sad and agreed to it, but only once we made it safely to Vegas. Maneuvering through the rode was hard and we kept having to stop to move some cars that were in the way. Some were flipped over, some were just in the middle of the road, abandoned. We had encountered 3 zombies so far and dealt with them. 

"Crap." Robert muttered and then pulled the bike over. I climbed off slowly and looked around. There was a giant trailer flipped over on the side, blocking the way. There was blood under the wheels, as if the person had driven over a whole army of walkers. I covered my mouth with my sleeve and coughed. There were rotting bodies everywhere and the smell stung my eyes. The sound of the flies was almost unbearable and sickened me. I didn't even knew there could be that much flies in one place at once. I turned around to look at the cars as they pulled over and everyone's face was a mask of disgust and terror. I felt back for Rick and Sam, the smell must be way worse for them. They rolled up in the windows from the car they were in and I noticed Rick covering his face with a shirt. Sam was doing the same, except she was sniffing her hair. Typical Sam. 

"How are we going to get through this?" I finally choked out and doubled over with a coughing fit. The smell was beginning to make my eyes water. 

"See those cars over there." Robert pointed. "If we manage to move them, we can probably squeeze the cars in one by one. Except that's probably going to take a while to do." he added thoughtfully.

"We need to do something though. Even if it might take forever, we can't stay here."

He nodded and then I walked over to the car where my family was. Dianne was in the back, completely knocked out. Good. She didn't need to be even more stressed, it wouldn't help the baby...or babies. Anita was in the backseat as well watching over Dianne. She was in protective mode at the moment. I remember how my dad said she acted more like a mother than my mom did. My mother was always carefree about things, Anita was always the one to over analyze. I told Stephen and Oscar about how we had to move the cars to get past and what we planned to do. They seemed cool with the idea and I shot Andy a look when he tried to get out of the car.

"You are staying right here mister." I said quietly. 

He looked hurt and then settled back in the seat. 

We walked towards the trailer and this time I was prepared. I had grabbed a cloth to put over my nose and covered it with some good smelling perfume.

Round two. 

We set to work on trying to move the cars that were on the other side of the trailer. We moved two of them with little trouble but the other ones were quite harder. There was one car that was flipped on its side, blocking us from being able to see what was on the other side. It unnerved us, we didn't know what to expect. Sam and Rick gave us the all clear and stumbled back to the car. They didn't like the smell one bit.

"Here." Robert said and boosted me up. I was on the car and I crept slowly to look over. The rode seemed pretty clear, well except for a few cars on the side. i spotted atleast two zombies stumbling around. I told Robert the information and he just nodded. We were going to have to push the car until it flipped onto it's wheels. I climbed back down and felt arms around my waist, I turned around alarmed but it was just Robert. Dorothy and her people were helping as well. Alicia was keeping Stephen entertained so he didn't notice what we were doing. Knowing him he would probably say this idea was really stupid. 

We pushed and then there was the painful sound of metal being scraped against the street. Then I heard a low groaning and my eyebrows shot up in confusion. Two hands reached out from under the car and there was two fingers missing from the left hand. I jumped back in surprise and then a zombies head popped out. Half of the face was squashed in and it was a wonder why it wasn't dead yet. There had been a whole car on it! It's brains should have been crushed. Dorothy let out a little yelp and a whimper. 

Wyatt walked over calmly and raised a baseball bat and brought it down on the zombies head. Blood went everywhere and landed on my jeans. Why couldn't I go one day without getting zombie blood all over me? Just one day? That wasn't too much to ask for was it? I sighed and then looked up and met his eyes. He smiled crookedly and then raised his eyebrows.

"Well you guys were just staring at it frozen in fear. You're welcome." he said arrogantly. 

"Whatever, thanks." I replied coldly. 

Turns out we didn't need to flip the car. It slid to the side easily. We felt like idiots. The only disgusting part was that the zombie was dragged with the car as well, and lets just say the view wasn't that pretty. Robert went ahead on his motorcycle and killed the zombies we had seen. He came back with an uneasy smile. 

"What happened?" I asked curiously.

"I think, there might be more zombies....coming this way." he replied slowly. He looked worried.

"Why?" 

"I just heard a lot of noise coming from one of the streets ahead. You know the moaning..." 

My eyes widened and I nodded. 

"WE HAVE TO MOVE QUICKLY!" I yelled. Everyone jumped into their cars and readied themselves to drive. I climbed inside the car with my family in it. Crossbone was in the back, making impatient noises. She didn't like to be pent up very long. She was a free spirit. 

The cars went forwards and everyone seemed to be holding their breath. On the other side of the trailer there were atleast a dozen zombies. Robert drove to the back of the group and made sure that everyone knew they had to step on the gas as they passed through there. I looked back at Robert and saw him bring someone thing. My eyes widened and my mouth curved into a slight smile. That crazy fucker. 

He threw the grenade and then stepped on the gas to catch up with the group. We heard a large explosion but no one turned, we knew we were safe....at least for a bit. 

Everyone was on edge after what happened. Luckily, we didn't encounter any more cars that would need to be moved. As we neared the city we noticed something else in the distance. I knew what it was even before we pulled up to it completely.

The army base that Joe had been talking about. We were here. That meant Vegas wasn't really that far. 

 The boys went to check it out and I decided to stay in the car with Anita, Dianne, and Andy. We sat there in silence for what seemed like an eternity until it was interupted by the sound of Dianne yawning loudly.

"I am starved." She practically yelled. We looked over at her and then started laughing. She had dried drool on the side of the mouth an her hair was everywhere, not to mention the fact that she was asking for food. 

"Fatty." Andy teased which made us laugh more. She looked grumpily at us and then her eyes widened as she looked out the car. We looked at what she was looking at and went perfectly still. There were atleast 8 zombies walking towards the cars slowly. I looked back and saw that everyone else had noticed as well. They were sitting still in the car and I noticed some were beginning to lower themselves out of sight. Smart. I was about to when I realized, we wouldn't be able to get Dianne to hide. She was just too huge to be hidden. I cursed under my breath and then realized that what I was doing what probably going to be really reckless. I opened the door to the car and threw myself out. My arm screamed in pain and I knew I was going to have a mean ass bruise. I got up on my feet and then started waving my hands and screaming up and down. All the zombies looked at me and began to shuffle in my direction.

"That's right, come on bitches." I laughed under my breath. I raised my crossbow and shot two, using just on arrow. I contemplated shooting the other ones but they were already getting too close, I wouldn't have enough time to reload and shoot them. I started jogging away slowly and looking for something to use against them. Nothing, well except for guns laying on the floor, but I wasn't trying to draw attention. I reloaded my crossbow quickly and then turned around to fire. I shot one, but I still had 5 more to worry about. I was finally beginning to see why this had been such a stupid idea. Just then I heard the sound of a hard object hitting a skull and one of the zombies toppled over, dead. Well actually dead this time. Wyatt stood over the dead zombie with a look of determination.

"Reload, quickly." he said and then ran for another zombie. I was staring at him with my mouth wide open. Why had he decided to come help me? 

"Well, these zombies aren't going to kill themselves hun." he laughed. I shook my head and reloaded my crossbow. I shot the lost zombie and turned to Wyatt slowly.

"Why did you decide to help me?" I asked him. 

"You looked like you needed the help. Don't get all worked up, oh and you owe me one." he replied amused by my reaction. We walked back to the rest of the group and they were sitting up in their cars looking around, for us I believe. 

I looked inside my families car and noticed that Andy was missing.

WHERE THE HELL DID HE GO?

I whirled around to look for him and spotted him coming back with the other guys. I felt relieved but then I felt annoyed. I had told him to stay in the car, hadn't I? I told him to stay with Anita and Dianne and he outright disobeyed me and was walking back as if nothing had happened. 

"Where the hell did you go?" I demanded angrily and began walking towards them. He hid behind Robert and stared at me defiantly.

"You need to stop treating me like a child." he yelled.

"I told you to stay with Anita and Dianne." I spat.

"AND I DECIDED I WANTED TO GO SEE WHAT WAS TAKING THEM SO LONG!" he yelled back. 

I wasn't used to Andy talking to me like this. It was a new side of him that I hadn't known.

"I'm just trying to protect you." I whispered as Andy came closer to me. 

"NO, you aren't. You just want everything to go your way. You don't believe in anyone and things always have to be the way you say they have to be."

"That is not true." my voice cracked.

Andy brushed past me and walked back to the car. I hadn't even seen that coming. He had seemed perfectly fine in the car.

Oscar whistled under his breath. "Well on the bright side, we found a tank that works." he said.

"A tank?" I asked and smiled incredulously. It hurt so much but I was trying to hide the tears I felt coming.

"Yup, and we want to take it."

"You want to take a tank?" I asked slower this time trying to process what they had just told me. Oscar nodded eagerly and then looked at Robert who was looking away with a smile. Rick was playing with his nails. Stephen just looked thoughtful.

"Think about it, it would mean more protection for us." Oscar added excitedly. I just shook my head and my hands shot to my temples. I had another head ache, and it was one of the strong ones. 

"Sure, whatever." I replied and then walked away towards the car. My vision began to blur and I felt panic bubbling in my stomach. I wasn't going to make it. My eyes were closing slowly and then I felt arms go around me to steady me.

"I'll pretend we're talking about something interesting, just try to walk straight." Wyatt whispered fiercely.

"Thank you." I muttered.

"No prob, that's a second one you owe me." he chuckled.

Oh great, I would spend the rest of my life owing this kid things. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 262 23
не думаю, что кому то понравится, ну а вдруг..
2.3K 3 120
I Opened a Safe House in the Unlimited Flow 我在無限流裏開安全屋 Author: 紫矜 Chapters: 119 Chapters + 4 Extras (Completed) Description: Xia Jing runs a safe ho...
96.7K 2.8K 42
Anna was a complete mess when her mom died. She became a clam and suicidal. After an attempt on her life, sixteen year old Anna is sent to an instit...
3K 29 19
(WARNING: THIS STORY IS VERY HORRIFIC, CONTAINS BODY HORROR, TG, MENTIONS OF DRUGS, PARASITES AND WORMS, BLOOD AND GORE, VOMITING, AND A BUNCH OF OTH...