Friends after all - Dean Winc...

By AngelMariaKurenai

AU. Dean Winchester. Neighbor. Best friend. Single father. And fake boyfriend? You babysit his daughter. You'... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34 - The End

Chapter 5

9.6K 359 204
By AngelMariaKurenai

"Alright Mary so you can watch some TV while I prepare breakfast for your daddy ok? I will call you when it's ready" you said, setting her down and ruffling slightly her hair before turning to the fridge and taking all the things you needed out of it.

"(Y/n)" Mary's soft voice made you turn your head so that you could glance at her.

"You still here" you noted raising an eyebrow "What is it bug?" you asked turning back to look at the frying pan, taking two eggs in your hands.

"Do you... like daddy?" it was a simple question and surely shouldn't have made your eyes widen, especially with Mary being the one to ask you.

"Where-" you swallowed thickly "Where did that come from sweetie?"

She looked down at her hand and shrugged her small shoulders before looking up at you again "I don't know. You were sleeping together" she only said.

You let out a small and sad sigh and walked towards her, kneeling in her level "Yes, sweetie. But as your daddy said he just did not want to wake me up that's all. Besides... your daddy and I are just friends."

Mary nodded her head, seemingly understanding what you were telling to her, but you could see how she was thinkingsomething else as well "But... you want to be more than friends right? I mean, wouldn't it be great if you, daddy and I were a big family?" she smiled slightly up at you.

You bit your lip, feeling your heart tighten painfully in your chest. You let out a shaky sigh and spoke to her "It would be great Mary but we can't. Daddy and I are just friends, sweetie, nothing more. Now please..." your voice had dropped really low, hoarse with tears that had not been spilled yet "...go watch some TV while I prepare breakfast, ok? Oh and Mary... don't mention this again, not to your father at least. Alright?"

She nodded her head at your words, a small frown set on her face "Ok" she muttered, extending her hands towards you and hugging you for a few seconds "I'm sorry I made you sad mommy" she whispered and just for the sake of it you put a smile on your face, although you'd be lying if you said it was true.

You pulled away from her and looked at her with a big smile "No, sweetheart you didn't. Don't worry about it. Go watch TV now and I'll make some bacon as well" you told her, rubbing her back softly and winking at her in the end.

She smiled happily as well. She nodded her head and ran towards th living room.

You looked at the direction she left and with a sigh the smile immediately fluttered from your lips. You shook your head and running a hand through your hair you got up and went back to preparing Dean's breakfast.

You bit your lip as you prepared the eggs. You felt particularly down, especially after what Mary had told you, so glancing at the small Radio by the window you couldn't help as you extended one hand and turned it on. Fortunately for you your favorite band was playing and a small smile graced your lips when you heard your favorite song on.

You turned the volume up higher so that it was impossible for you to hear anything else but the music. You smiled softly and let out a sigh, the weight on your shoulders seemingly lifting just slightly as you let yourself get lost in the song. You started moving slightly your hips and hummed the lyrics softly.

By the point you had finished Dean's eggs and started with yours you had started fully singing and slighty dancing. It was amazing how just one song could lift your spirits so easily and manage to make some of your worries fade away. A small, though true, smile was on your lips as you shook your hips. You got finished with the bacon and took hold of the pan. You turned the stove off and while still shaking your hips you were about to turn and put the bacon on Dean's plate- only to have your heart lip to your throat and a surprised squeak leave your lips.

"Holy fuck!" you exclaimed, putting a hand over your chest.

You extended one hand and turned the radio off and spoke "How- how long have you been standing there?" you asked in a low voice, feeling a blush creep up your cheeks.

Dean leaning against the door-frame with crossed arms shrugged his shoulders "Long enough" he said with that shit-eating grin of his that made you weak on the knees.

"And you didn't think of giving me a warning? Thought a heart attack would be better?" you glared at him as much as you could in between being embarrassed and trying to hide your blush from him. Turning to put the now empty pan on the skin seemed like a good idea.

"You kidding me? And stop you? Hell no! Didn't know you those dance moves in you (Y/n) and woman that shake of hips? Were did you learn that huh?!" he asked you with a big grin and small laugh and you felt the blush in your cheeks get ten times darker.

"Shut up" you grumbled, avoiding eye contact with him.

"Oh I will, just to eat this perfect piece of heaven you've put on my plate-" he said grabbing a piece of bacon that still was a little hot "-but you're not off the hook yet. I'm going to go back to teasing shortly afterwards" he said wiggling hiseyebrows at you and you glared at him.

"Yes, after you've made the pancakes you promised" you pointed out, reminding him and mostly trying to change thesubject.

"Oh yeah right" he said and still chewing on that piece of bacon he made his way towards the counter and starting taking things so that he could make the pancakes he had promised both you and Mary.

"Hey were did you put the flour?" he asked after a while of almost-silence while searching through the cupboards.

You turned and looked up at the open cupboards as well "Uh I think... here, here" you said as you both spotted the flour behind the cookie jar.

You reached up to take it but he seemed to have the same thought as he reached for it as well and if your blush had subsided a little from before it now only returned back to your cheeks as your hands touched and you felt a shot of electricity run through you. Dean's head immediately snapped to your direction and you were absolutely sure he had felt the same way as you. His green eyes were almost wide, and it certainly was not just because you reached for the same thing on the shelf at the same time. You saw a sparkle in his eyes that certainly was not because of the light shining through the orange curtains and on his face.

"I- Yeah" he cleared his throat, immediately turning his head up to the cupboard and taking hold of the flour, quickly turning his back to you and you were actually glad about it because he could not see your blush.

"Yeah" you breathed out shakily and looked down at your hand, the tingling sensation still there.

You bit your lip as you could literally feel the awkwardness crawling towards you but luckily the silence was broken by Mary's voice, who had just walked in.

"Mhhm bacon!" she said happily as she seemingly had smelled of the bacon.

A smile immediately spread on both your's and Dean's face. If it was one thing, among all the others, that proved that Mary was Dean's daughter was her love bacon, and sometimes eggs, in the morning and of course warm pie straight out of the oven every evening.

"Yep and it's just for you! So hurry up and it before it gets cold" you said and helped her up to her chair, rubbing slightly her belly as she let out a happy giggle.

"Really? All for me?" she asked excited.

"Hey not all!" Dean didn't miss a beat to protest.

You glared at him although playfully "Don't worry Mr. greedy, I'll make some more for you later"

"You better" he mumbled and you rolled your eyes at him.

Mary let out a giggle, putting her hands in front of her mouth "Daddy's greedy!" she said obviously just liking the sound of the word and you couldn't help a giggle as well.

"Very much so!" you nodded your head.

Dean glared at you playfully "Are you trying to turn my own child against me?" he raised an eyebrow and you shrugged innocently.

"Me? What? Nooo! Of course not!" you scoffed, trying to pretend innocent and he rolled his eyes at you.

"Sure sure." he said, placing a plate with a pancake in front of you and proceeding to do the other one.

Comfortable silence fell between the three of you as you all fell into your comfortable routine. Dean making and serving you pancakes while you ate and at the same time wiped Mary's mouth that always managed to make a mess with her food. It seemed all so natural and in place. So much that it felt like you did this all your life, like you belonged here, like you were actually a family. Dean once even kissed your forehead as he passed by to place the other pan in the sink and then sat next to you and you had to hide your blush once again.

Mary would not stop giggling as you and her kept exchanging looks that had to do with Dean and how he had stuffed his mouth with food. He was hungry that was for sure. You puffed your own cheeks imitating him in front of Mary and he had not realized a single thing yet. Mary let out another giggle and you winked at her. You glanced at Dean for a second to see him still stuffing his mouth with food and you neared your pointer towards his puffed cheek. You moved it forth and back, still not touching his cheek, and made an exploding noise with your mouth; hand motions included; and this time Mary's giggles just could not stop. You grinned at her expression as she put her tiny hands in front of her mouth, trying to stifleher laughter but it was impossible.

"Ok what is the matter with you-?" Dean suddenly asked, turning his head and thus touching your finger.

You and Mary both erupted into a feat of laughter that echoed through the entire house and he only looked at you with a perplexed look. He shook his head and went back to eating.

"Women" he mumbled with a shake of his head.

And then silence fell again, save for the small snickers of either you and Mary when Dean was not looking at you suspiciously from th corner of his eye, mumbling some things to himself, shaking his head and going back to eating.

You had all soon finished breakfast, Mary watching TV, you washing the dishes and Dean just coming back from having gone to take the mail.

The door closed behind him with a thud and he walked towards you as he looked through the different letters. He let out a frustrated sigh and shook slightly his head.

"Bills?" you asked, drying your hands.

"That's what it always is" he said, letting out another sigh.

"You know Dean... I have some money aside and if you wanted-" you started but were cut off by Dean before you could say much.

"No" he said firmly, lips pursed "Forget it, ok? I should be the one to give you money for always taking care of Mary" he raised one hand that soon fell.

"You know I don't see it as a job. I love her and I look after her because I care. But Dean if you need help then-" you started but he cut you off again.

"I will ask for yours. I know. But at the moment I don't need help and I certainly don't want to take money from you that, I know, need it." he said with a gentle smile.

"Ok" you let out a defeated sigh and shrugged yours shoulders.

"Oh here by the way" he said handing you a few letters as well.

"You took my mail as well?" you asked.

"Nope, seems that mailman put your mail in my box... again" the corners of his mouth lifted into a smirk as he said the last word and a groan immediately left your lips as soon as you saw that he had a hug grin on his face.

"Shut up" you grumbled, looking down at your letter mostly to avoid his gaze "It happened just once, will you just forget it?"

Dean laughed and raised his hands innocently for a second "Hey, not exactly only once." he turned and took a small package that he had set on the table and handed it to you "It doesn't happen to be red this time huh?" he smirked at you, raising an eyebrow leaning in closer to you to see as you opened it.

"Dean!" you exclaimed, feeling the redness in your cheeks get darker "I told you, it was just Caroline trying to tease me! When will you believe me?!"

"To believe what exactly? That she sent you a beautiful set of white lingerie because, as you've said, she wanted to tease you for not having found a boyfriend yet?" he asked and you nodded frantically that only made him roll his eyes playfully "Like hell! Come on, there is no shame in it (Y/n). I just never thought you'd be the kind of chick to wear thon-" he started but you cut him off.

"Dean!" you shrieked and he laughed at your wide eyes and bright red cheeks.

"What? To be honest it was pretty hot! Especially getting to think of you in lace" he smirked and nodded his head at his own words.

"Shut up" you grumbled, shoving his shoulders that only made him laugh more; especially at how red your face was.

"Why did you even open it in the beginning?" you asked in addition.

He shrugged "I thought it was about me, didn't notice your name on top. But well, when I saw what it actually was... yeah" he made hand motions as the rest was obvious.

"Yeah I guess lingerie is not your thing"

"What? No, no. They just were not my size that's all!" he said, half-seriously and half-jokingly and a smile formed on your lips as you snickered a few times.

"But really- you didn't let me see how they were on you" he said as innocently and teasingly as he could.

You groaned loudly "You're never going to let me hear the end of it, are you? I just hate you" you grumbled and started looking through your own mail.

"Yeah yeah I love you too" he said with a chuckle.

It was hard to ignore the small flutter of your heart as soon as the words left his mouth. You knew that he did not mean it the way you did but it coming from Dean Winchester who had only once said 'I love you' to a woman, his mother, was more than enough for you. Even if it was just friendly, or teasing, coming from the lips of Dean Winchester and towards you meant something, even if it was not entirely what you wanted it to be.

You skipped through the few letters you had, your mind mostly on Dean and what he had just said until your eyes caught sight of the words on the next letter and your eyes only widened.

A gasp left your mouth that now hang open and Dean immediately noticed.

"What? What is it? (Y/n)... is everything alright?" he asked in a worried voice but got no response.

You could not utter a word after this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 290 15
Jisoo and her brother are look alikes so inorder to save her brother's Million Dollar Deal she disguises herself as him with the help of his bestfrie...
300K 6.8K 27
Grace Strucker has found herself in the limelight, being deemed the new 'it girl'. The Australian actor has only spent a year here and yet she's mana...
2.6K 79 32
Isabel Collamore, a vampire since 1864. Was the best friend of the one and only Damon Salvatore. She was good friends with Katherine Pierce. After th...
2.9M 65.9K 100
Just random silliness that the demigods do on Facebook! With 100 parts finished with 112 chapters. Some of the conversations are ones I have had with...