Chapter 18

You clenched your jaw, brushing your tears away furiously. Mostly angry at yourself at how much this still hurt you.

You shook your head furiously and walked across the road not even noticing what was going on around you in the state you were in. You didn't look around you, only down.

But what happened next made your eyes widen.

Your eyes widened and your heart jumped to your throat, your hand instinctively went to your chest.

"(Y/n)?" in the almost darkness, almost silence and above all through your blurry vision you had not noticed that somebody was there.

"Oh my gosh." you breathed out, your heart was beating rapidly inside your chest.

"Sam" you blinked, turning to look at him.

"What are you doing here?" he approached you and you avoided eye-contact.

"Nothing I was just... heading out to somewhere" you shrugged, wrapping your arms around yourself.

"Are you alright?" he asked, immediately sensing you were not ok.

"Yeah yeah I am fine, don't-"

"(Y/n)" he said for the first time completely serious and stern. You couldn't help but look up at him.

"Oh God." he breathed out, eyes going wide "What- (Y/n) what happened?" his serious face turned into a really worried one.

"It's... nothing major." you mumbled, looking down.

"Are you kidding me?! Your eyes are red! You have been crying, a lot and don't deny it!" he took hold of your shoulders, squeezing firmly and making you look up at him.

"You shouldn't worry yourself with my problems Sam." your lower lip trembled, more tears threatening to spill any given moment.

"But I want to. (Y/n) please don't go through this, whatever it is, on your own." he looked at you with those puppy eyes that you couldn't deny a single thing.

"It is not your problems to deal with Sam." you couldn't look him in the eyes.

"As long as something is bothering you then yes it is my problem." he gave your shoulders a squeeze, his voice stern and completely honest.

"I-" your voice shook and you couldn't even breath properly to complete your sentence. You ran a hand down your face, taking a shaky sigh and trying to put on a brave face for his sake. He hadn't done anything wrong to deserve worrying so much.

"Hey Sam-" your voice was hoarse, but you put on a smile as you looked up at him "-I don't know where you were heading, though I have an idea but-" you glanced behind you for a second at Dean's house, your fake smile falling instantly, and then back at him"But if- if you really mean it then, would it be a bother to join me for a drink?" you still were unsure if he was going to agree.

"Are you even asking ?Of course I will. I am not going to let you in this situation, or until you've spilled everything." he tried to offer you a reassuring smile as he rubbed on your arm comfortingly.

"I am not so sure about that." the corners of your lips lifted into a small smile as your eyes casted down.

"Oh trust me, if there is one thing we Winchesters are famous about amongst everything else it's our stubborness" he said matter-of-factly and at that your smile – even small – fluttered for a second.

HEe of course took immediately notice of it so he cleared his throat and let his hands drop. He tried to put on a smile "So should we get going? You're gonna need me to drag you half-drunk from there."