Chapter 15

"Dean" your voice was soft and careful "Please. Answer me."

He didn't dare break eye-contact with you and you as well wouldn't dare breath. You've been holding your breath, you could feel your heart pounding in your chest and your lungs hurt but you needed an answer. You really wanted to hear that answer. That small greedy part of yours just wouldn't rest. It only made the small spark become bigger and bigger to the point it had turned into a full fire.

You wanted to hear the answer and at the same time not. Because you actually didn't want it to. The look on Dean's eyes, one as if he'd just been caught on the act and combined with shock and realization (at his own feelings?), was very well enough. You didn't want to let your hopes get up but despite how carried away you'd gotten with Sam you still did notice those glares Dean sent his way.

You wanted to keep your feelings at bay but it was impossible.

"Are you... jealous?"

Dean swallowed hard. He both wanted and not to admit it. Mostly because it would be like admitting that, and far more important things and feelings, to himself.

"Wh-what?" he laughed breathlessly, feeling a small blush creep up on his cheeks - and Dean Winchester was not one to blush at anything – so he tried to avoid eye-contact.

"How did you even think about that?"

Instead of feeling your heart drop you felt it flutter. It was not his words but his reaction that gave you the answer you wanted and needed to desperately to make you realize you were not indifferent to him. That maybe just maybe there stillwas a chance.

"Dunno" you tried to keep your smile off your lips "Maybe it's because you're overreacting?" you crossed your arms over your chest.

"I'm not- I'm not overreacting!" he exclaimed.

"Of course you're not. You are just acting like an overly jealous boyfriend all of a sudden even if you aren't one. Dean..." you sighed "Come on just tell me the truth. Why is this bothering you so much?"

"It's- It's not bothering me!" his voice was slightly high pitched and you had a hard time keeping yourself from laughing "The hell are you talking about!? It's not bothering me at all!" he scoffed "Pf as if it matters to me what you and Sam do. I was just a little pissed of you paid no attention to me that's all! But me- jealous? Yeah like hell!" he laughed, shaking his head as if to brush you off and crossing his arms over his chest. He tried to seem as cool as possible but didn't succeed.

"But... why does it look like that to me?" you raised an eyebrow at him, smirking.

"Wh-what?" he squeaked – yes Dean Winchester squeaked – "You- you don't know what you're talking about (Y/n), no. Definitely not. Like-" he laughed nervously "Like why the hell would I be jealous huh? We- we are only friends right?" he dared look at you, only wanting to catch a reaction but, suppressing the smirk, you tried to play it cool. You unlike Dean succeeding.

"Yeah" you shrugged, as if it was nothing "Yeah you're right. We are only friends after all"

"Yeah" Dean said back, and you could see him clench his jaw as well as hands. The flash of hurt was hard to miss.

It made you feel both happy and guilty. Happy at how this was finally happening, at how you were getting a chance again, and guilty for obviously lying to him and making him feel sad.

"Oh well-" you looked away from him for a second, playing it casually "-But be it as that, there is not really a reason for you to be- sorry, to not be jealous. I don't see Sam that way"

"...Really?" he asked in a voice so low you would have barely heard. But you did.

You looked back at him and all teasing tone was gone. You smiled faintly at him, deciding it was better than hurting him "Yeah" you whispered.