Chapter 4

Dean’s smell was more intense this morning than last and it felt as if he was there with you but you tried to brush the thought of. It was just you and your wishful thinking. You closed your eyes as you took in a deep inhale and smelt his scent even through the pillow. You buried your face more into it and the blankets as a small smile spread on your lips.

At least you could imagine that he was there with you, holding you in his arms and loving you just as much as you did.

You scoffed.

Yes, certainly that could only happen in your imagination and never in real-

Your eyes snapped open as you heard a groan right from behind you and an arm that only now you realized that was wrapped around your waist only tighten its grip on you, pressing your back to a strong chest.

Your eyes widened and your breath hitched on your throat. You thought of immediately turning around to see who the person was. You were afraid that the movement was probably going to wake them up so you just opted for turning slowly but steadily. And so you did.

The person let out another groan of protest as you made the first movement and felt them bury their head at the crook of your neck. His face. You were sure it was a man anymore, considering the small scruff that tickled your neck. But that didn’t stop you anyway.

You started moving again and despite the small occasional groans you had now fully turned so that you could face the intruder… only for your eyes to widen more and your heart do that weird beating of its whenever you faced this man. Thisman that now was in bed with you, his arms wrapped protectively around you, his face resting at the crook of your neck close to your chest with his breath creating goosebumps over your whole body, his legs were tangled with yours as youwere pressed firmly into his chest.

This man whose name was Dean Winchester and you had deep feelings for but would never say it out loud.

“Dean…?” you breathed out as your wide eyes roamed his face.

Was this a dream? Yes, it had to be a dream.

He gave no response to his name, nor a small groan. You didn’t say anything further either as you just opted for looking at him a little more. Truth be told you had never seen him so peaceful ever before. He was constantly worrying about everything and everyone, you and Mary on top of that list along with how he was going to make it by. How to save money for Mary and all that stuff a single parent had to worry about. At moments it felt like he was carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders and it honestly broke you to see him like that.

But now that was not the case. He seemed so free of every worry, so peaceful that you did not want to wake him up. Well, you did not want to wake him up for another reason as well but that was only selfish- who could blame you though? You had never been in this situation with him before and it certainly felt good to be in his arms like this, enjoying the warmth of his body and the soft tickling sensation of his breath fanning over your neck as well as the sense of comfort and safety his arms around you brought.

A small smile graced your lips as you looked at his face and you could barely keep yourself from extending one hand and tracing the outline of it, just like the sun was now was washing over it with its rays. The freckles over his cheekbones and nose seemed even more adorable at the moment as they shone from the light and you could hardly keep a giggle at the thought. Dean looked not only more peaceful but much more young and innocent than he did when he was awake or under a different light.

Just like all beautiful things, though, your peaceful gazing had to stop as the light that now fully shown over Dean’s face made him groan which only meant he was waking up. He mumbled some incoherent things under his breath and only buried his face more into your neck as if he was trying to protect his face from the light.