Unexpected - (a one direction...

By katreiff

"Dear Journal,"... 7 year old Kati is leaving everything behind. She doesn't know why. Almost 10 years later... More

Unexpected - (a one direction fanfic)
Chapter 1- goodbye and what?!
Chapter 2- really?
Chapter 3- off we go
Chapter 4 -a new beginning
not a chapter
Chapter Five- forever in my memories
Chapter 6- L.A. baby!
Chapter 7- here i come
Chapter 8- happy as can be
Chapter 9- love
Chapter 10- and we're off!
Chapter 11- today is pah-fect
Chapter 12- first day
Chapter 13- hello
Chapter 14- It's really love
Chapter 15- Uh-oh
Andy
Story...
Chapter 17- the world knows
Chapter 18- surprise, surprise
Chapter 19- friends all over
Chapter 20- down hill...
Chapter 21- moving on... sorta
Chapter 22- it's him
Chapter 23- Hanging out
Chapter 24- finding out
Chapter 25- just a dream
Authors note
Chapter 26- the last

Chapter 16- plans

36 1 1
By katreiff

***Tuesday, November 30th 2011. 9:30pm U.K. time***

Harry’s POV:

We walk out on stage and are greeted by 50+ crazy fans. We smile and wave. Riley greets us with a hug and each of us hold onto the hug longer then expected. God she smells pretty! Wait… did I just think that?

Riley Rex: Hello boys! Take a seat.

The boys and I just nod and sit down on the couch across from her.

Riley Rex: How are you boys?

Liam: I think I speak for all the boys by saying fantastic!

The rest of us nod.

Riley Rex: That’s good. So let’s start.

We all talk and talk and talk. The fans laughing and screaming at some parts. We laughed a lot. I am so grateful that this has happened to us. I mean, the fans made this happen. If I could go around to each fan that has been here for us, I would give them all a big smooch! I am thinking about this when Riley pulls me out of my thoughts with that lovely British accent.

Riley Rex: So harry.

Me: Yes?

Riley Rex: Have you heard about the girl from L.A.? On Ellen?

I look at the boys, confused. They all just shrug.

Me: Ummmmm… what girl?

Riley Rex: You haven’t heard?! Ok, well for everyone who hasn’t seen this, here it is.

We all direct our heads toward the small telly in the middle. Ellen and 2 beautiful girls appear on the screen. I hear Ellen begin to talk.

Ellen: So back to Kati. Where are you from in Cheshire?

I see a red-haired girl appear on the small screen. Wait a minute, that’s the girl from my dream. And in my dream, her name was Kati. Ok, this is a little freaky.

Kati: Holmes Chapel.

Kati, Kati, Kati. She seems so familiar. I just can’t put my finger on it.

Ellen: You know, there is someone else famous that is from Holmes Chapel.

I see her gulp. Kati: Oh really? Who?

Why was she acting like this?

Ellen: Well, he’s in One Direction. He’s quit the cheeky boy.

I know she’s talking about me so I can’t help but blush when she calls me cheeky.

Claire: I know!

She says raising her arm. Claire: Harry Styles.

Kati: Oh yeah! Him.

Ellen: Oh yeah… him.

She says mocking the red-haired girl. The audience laughs. Ellen: Do you know him?

Kati: Honestly, yes.

The crowd goes INSANE!!! I see Kati just sit there awkwardly. Ok.

Ellen: Really? How?

Kati: Ok. The truth is, is that him and I were best friends for our whole life. Ever since we were 5 months. We would see each other everyday. I trusted him with my life. When I moved, things fell apart. My mom died and that was the only way I could communicate with him. I lost all connection about 10 years ago. It’s been rough but I’m getting over it.

Ellen: oh, I’m so sorry. Do you miss him?

Kati: Yes. I do. Not as much as I did when I first moved, but a piece of me still wants to see him. But the thing that gets me through the day is I know that he most likely doesn’t remember me. But I sure as hell remember him. He’s on the cover of every magazine. It’s crazy! But what gets me through the day is that I know I’m just another face in the crowd to him. That’s all I’ll ever be to him.

Ellen: Do you still love him?

Kati: Yes. As a brother though. A part of me misses and loves him very much. I just can’t let it go that easily.

Ellen: Thank you for sharing that with us.

I look at the screen in shock. Zayn lightly taps my back. It’s silent. I just see the crowd in complete shock. Well guess what… so am I!

Riley Rex: Do you now this girl? Because she sure know you!

I hear light laughter from the audience. Kati. Kati. Kati. Kati. Kati. Kati...And that’s when it clicks. Kati Wence! My BEST friend. My partner in crime. How could I not tell that that is her.

Me: Ummmmm. Yeah, it’s been forever since I’ve seen her though.

I rub the back of my neck awkwardly. I can't rape my head around the fact that i figured who that girl is.

Riley Rex: Well, you all will be seeing her a lot lately because she’s on the new television series Sam and Cat.

I honestly can’t believe this. I can’t believe that is Kati. And I didn’t know that her mother died. That’s when she needed a best friend at the most. And her twin, Shawn, wasn’t even there. I needed to be there to comfort her. And I wasn’t. I feel horrible.

Riley Rex: So Harry, how do you feel about what she has said about you.

Me: Honestly, not fantastic. I haven’t seen her in over 10 years. I remember me missing her so much but I guess that when I joined One Direction, she just slipped my mind.

I take a glance at the boys. They are also in shock. Well isn’t this just peachy?

Riley Rex: Ok well she misses you. A lot at that. Well everybody, give it up for One Direction.

We all stand up, exchange hugs, and walk back stage. I am still in complete shock about Kati. Not even Riley Rex's kiss on the cheek made me change.  Wow. I can’t believe that’s actually her.

“Harry, how come you never told us?” I hear Louis say in amazement. “Harry?!” That sure did snap me out of my thoughts.

“Uh, y-yeah,” I say trying to make eye contact.

“Mate, you ok?” Liam said coming over to me and patting my back.

“Yeah, sure. I’m aye-ok,” I say putting on a fake smile. “Niall… what are you doing?” I see Niall sitting in the corner of the couch, not saying anything.

“Nothing,” he says, being his sly little self.

"That’s false. You’re quiet. And you’re NEVER quiet. What are you doing?” I say raising one of my eyebrows at the last part.

“N-nothing,” he sys, pulling his phone closer to his chest.

“Give. Me. The. Phone.” I say pausing in between each word.

“No,” he simply replies, with his phone screen being covered by his shirt. That’s it! I lunge towards him and eventually get his phone out of his grip. I start scrolling through his twitter and go to his history.

“What the fuck Niall?!” I say, annoyed out of my mind. The boys come rushing over. The all look over my shoulder and at the screen.

“Oh. My. Lamb.” I hear Louis. {quoting autumn}

“Niall! Why are you looking at this?” I ask him, shoving the phone screen in his face. He looks at it closely. I can’t believe he was on Kati’s twitter. He puts his hands up in defense.

“Dude, calm down. I just wanted to see what is going on. She has a tweet about you. Look.” He takes the phone out of my hand and I see him move his thumb up and down the screen. He aims the phone screen back at me. I grab it and start reading.

................ 

What?! She didn’t want ANYONE to tell me about Ellen. Well… she should’ve known that I was going to see it. The boys read it. The gasp and start patting my back. It kind of hurt’s that she doesn’t want to talk to me. Let alone keeping my fans from telling me. And what she said in the interview, ‘I’m just another face in the crowd to him.’ That hurt. That wounded me. I have to fix this. One way or another.

“Uh-oh. I know that face. That’s your up to no good face,” I laugh at Liam’s remark.

“Liam, you know what? You know me all to well,” I laugh and pull out my phone. I quickly phone Simon. He’ll know the number.

I hear it ring for about 7 seconds before his voice begins to speak on the other line.

“Yes harry?” I can just imagine him rolling his eyes.

“Hey! Ok I need the number for… Ellen DeGeneres.”

“Harry, what are you up to? I heard about that girl, Kati. What are you doing?” He sounds like he’s getting annoyed.

“Yo Si, just trust me. I got this.” I say, acting ghetto.

“Ok Harry. It’s (567)993-2160” I write it down on my hand, thank Simon, then hang up.

“So, want to tell us what you’re doing?” I hear Zayn say, awfully confused.

“I’m going to try to see Kati again.” I say and smile to myself at the words.

“And how are you going to do that?” Niall adds. I sigh and lightly chuckle to myself.

“Just shut up and listen.” I dial the number that Simon has given me and put the phone on speaker. It rings about 4 times before a voice answers.

“Hello. Ellen speaking.” I gulp before responding.

“Yes. Ellen. Hello! I’m Harry Styles from One Direction." I say oh so casually.

“Ah! Harry! To nice to talk to you! What can I do you for?” I can obviously hear the excitement in her voice, which made me and the boys laugh a little.

“Ha yeah. Well, I know you are quit the ‘prankster’ and I am wondering if you would like to help me with one?” The boys all look at each other, then at me.

“Of course! What is my job?”

“Welllll,” I say holding out the ‘L’. “Could you please have Kati Wence on your show?” There is a pause and now I don’t know if she’ll say yes or not.

“Yeah! She’s quit the lovely girl. I heard about you two”

“Yeah. Anyways, here’s the plan..."

***Wednesday, March 15th 2011. 11:27am California time***

Kati’s POV:

Today is the big day! My dad is getting married! I’m so happy for him. Even though I miss my mother so much, Jenny is lovely! She’s caring and considerate. She’s awesome!

I pull up my teal top and black bottom dress, slip on my black heels, and grab my clutch. I put a little more hairspray in to make sure my braids don’t fall out. {picture on my twitter: @zayngels63} I walked down the stairs and into the living room. When I turned the corner, I see Devin in his tuxedo, looking as cute as a button. He grows a smile as I walk towards him.

“Hello babe,” he gently kisses my cheek. And yes, things between Devin and I have been going great! We are seeing each other a lot more than at the beginning and it’s been fantastic!

“Hey, ready to go?” I ask getting impatient because I can’t wait to see my dad happy again. Devin gives me a slight nod. I smile and grab his hand. We walk out to the car and hop in my car. Devin has finally learned to drive it so he is now in full ‘control’ when I’m with him.

We soon pull up to chapel and I see Claire waiting there with Vanessa and Zach. And of course, Vanessa and Zach are still together. It’s oh so cute!

They all wave at me and I wave back. I quickly hop out of the car in a split second and run to give Claire a hug. I haven’t seen her in a while because I’ve been helping Jenny get ready for today. And that Claire has been in Texas since Christmas.

“Hey!” She says as I am running to her. I am careful not to break a heel. Thank the lord!

“Hi!” I squeal as I wrap my arms around her. We both laugh as I almost tackle her to the ground. I would be killed if I got here tiger dress dirty. It is black with teal heels, her hair dip-dyed red, red lips, and perfectly done make-up. She looks gorgeous! {picture on my twitter: @zayngels63}

I finally release Claire and walk over to Vanessa and giver her a squeeze.

I begin a conversation as we all walk into the chapel. The theme is white with teal. It’s absolutely incredible! Uh-oh… I forgot about Devin. I quickly turn around and tell Claire about Devin. She just laughs and sits down. I go back to the entrance to find Devin sitting on the bench. I walk over and offer him my hand. He looks up and his eyes begin to sparkle. He accepts my hand and we walk in. Before I can even make my way to my seat, I’m stopped, by… Channing?

“Ahhh! Channing!” I jump and wrap my arms around his neck. He lifts me so my feet are off the ground. I laugh as he sets me down.

“Hey! My mom needs you,” I look up and give him a nod. I tell Devin just to go and sit with my family. Him and Channing walk over while I make my way to the back.

I walk in to Jenny trying to zip her dress.

“Oh! Here, let me help.” I quickly walk over and help her.

“Thanks Kati. For everything. None of this would be like this if it wasn’t for you!” I can’t help but smile.

“Anytime for my new mom!” I see tears surface her eyes. “Ok don’t start crying! Your make-up will run.” I grab a tissue and hand it to her.

“Thanks sweetheart.” I smile and nod.

“Ok now let me see the full thing!” She steps back so I can see the full dress. It’s gorgeous. It’s white and flowy. She has her hair in a braided bun, with sparkly heels, a large necklace, and everything looks amazing! {picture on my twitter: @zayngels63}  I smile and give her the thumbs up.

“Ready to go?” I ask her.

“Ready.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.5K 322 23
where Harry is depressed and Niall saves his life *warning: I wrote this when I was about 13 and it's very bad. I'm currently editing this but it'll...
3.7K 293 22
DISCLAIMER I WAS 14 WHEN I WROTE THIS SO IT'S TERRIBLE + TRIGGER WARNING "I'll find a way to fix these broken pieces and let go.." Harry is in a lov...
5.3K 151 17
i wrote this 3 years ago so im sorry if u feel second hand embarassment while reading its a story abt 2 roommates falling in love
50.1K 561 14
*Disclaimer* I started this in 2012, when I was 13 and Direction obsessed. It is now Jan. of 2017 and I'm almost 18. I'm completely redoing this sto...