Monsters [1] // Twilight

By ringkatiering

"Who's gonna believe you? One of these nights somebody's gonna leave you No one's gonna save you come the fu... More

Monsters
Monsters
Monsters
Monsters
Monsters
Monsters
Monsters
Monsters
Monsters
Monsters
Monsters
Monsters
Monsters
Monsters
Monsters
Monsters
Monsters
Monsters
Monsters
Monsters
Monsters
Monsters
Monsters
Monsters
Monsters
Monsters
Monsters
Monsters
Monsters
Monsters
Monsters
Monsters
Monsters

Monsters

485 13 7
By ringkatiering

Chapter 10: Invitation

Weeks have passed after the whole thing at the hospital. I quit taking the medicine because of fear that I would get in a car crash. Two possible things ran through my mind. One, someone was playing games with me. Two, I have gone crazy. If I were to go tell someone, they wouldn't believe me. They would label me as crazy. So, I haven't told anyone. Also, I haven't gotten anymore notes. I have gone to school, talked to people, and come back home. I have talked to Lizzie quite a bit. Peyton has been busy. I don't even know what happened to Katrina. My dad has been busy with work. Basically, the only friend I have is Lizzie.

My phone buzzed beside me while I was working on my broken four-wheeler. I picked it up and noticed that I got a text from Lizzie.

Lizzie: Going to Jake's with my sister. Wanna come?

"Finally, someone asks me to get out of the house." I shouted as I threw my arms up.

Avery: Yas!

Lizzie: Good because we are in your driveway.

My head poked out of the barn to see a red truck sitting in my driveway. Two girls sat in it waving at me. I smiled sheepishly and waved back. I looked at my choice of clothing. A black shirt with ripped jeans and some black combat boots. I ran outside towards the beat up truck. Lizzie stepped out and let me in. I slid into the middle and bumped Bella.

"Hey." I greeted. She sent me a small smile.

"Hey." She said in return. Lizzie slammed the door shut and gave me a sheepish smile.

"So, why are we going to Jake's?" I asked as I placed my hands on my lap.

"Bella won't tell me." Lizzie mumbled. Bella spared a glance towards me.

"It's a surprise." She said as she continued to drive. I started messing with the radio as Lizzie swatted at my hand.

"Knock it off, you could break it." Lizzie scolded. I rolled my eyes and laughed.

"That is when I come in to fix it." I stated.

"Or we could have Jacob fix it." Bella butted in. I pointed towards Bella.

"Ha, see? It will never be broken." I stated.

"It's better to leave it broken than to waste your time fixing it."

-
Bella pulled into a long driveway. My eyes stared at the rustic house that had a tarp over the roof. The truck finally stopped moving and the door opened. Bella hopped out along with Lizzie. Jacob poked his head out of the garage and started walking over. I stepped out and breathed in.

"Hey, what are you guys doing here?" He asked engulfing Bella into a big hug. Lizzie rolled her eyes while I stood there awkwardly. I coughed to let him know that we were still here.

"Jacob." Lizzie said as she opened her arms. Jacob smiled and opened his arms to give her a hug. Lizzie took the chance and slapped him upside the head. He hissed in pain and started scolding her. Lizzie just sent him a wonderful smile. I smiled at the sight of the two. Jacob glanced at me and cleared his throat.

"Hello, Avery." He greeted. I gave him a small smile.

"Hi, Jacob." I replied. Lizzie watched us with her eyebrows raised. Jacob looked away and stared at Bella.

"So, what are you doing here?" He asked. Bella placed her hand on her truck. She started rambling on to Jake about her crazy idea.

"Well, I know this might sound crazy." She said. "Just wait for it."

"Oh, come on. Just pull the tarp over." Lizzie complained. I laughed and stopped laughing when I got death glares from Bella and Jacob. Bella ripped the tarp over. Two broken dirt bikes sat in the bed of the truck. Jacob, Lizzie, and I had our inputs.

"Wow." Jacob said.

"Seriously? I came for this?" Lizzie asked insulting the bikes.

"It's beautiful." I cried out. I ran towards the dirt bikes and touched them dramatically.

"Well, at least someone likes them." Bella mumbled. Jacob gave out a hearty laugh while Lizzie rolled her eyes.

"Alright, when do we start?" Jake asked with a smile.

"What, really? Well, now would be great." She said surprised. Jake pushed past me to reach for the bikes. "Be careful those are heavy."

"Oh, please. He has to show off for us girls." Lizzie said from behind me. I grinned at her because of the way she was acting. Jacob picked up the bikes like it was nothing. I nodded my head impressed with how much he can lift.

"Wow, Jake. I knew you were buff but I didn't know you were this buff." She stated. I reached for the other bike.

"Avery, leave it alone. I will come back for it." Jacob said towards me. I rolled my eyes and followed after everyone. He took us towards the garage with the bike.

"Oh my god, Avery. Did I tell you what Isabella did?" Lizzie asked using her sister's full name. I shook my head. "She got on a bike with some creeper."

"She must really have a thing for bikes." I replied. I shrugged and watched Jacob talk to Bella. Lizzie glanced at me then followed where my eyes were looking. She sighed when she saw the two talking.

"He is in love with her. I can see it in his eyes when he looks at her." She stated in disgust.

"What about your sister?" I asked.

"She is still in love with her vampire boyfriend, Edward." She replied. I watched the two set everything up. "Honestly, I think Jacob can do so much better."

"Why is that?" I asked raising my eyebrows.

"She is never going to get over Edward. She will never love him as much as she loves Edward. It just wouldn't be the same." She whispered as we got closer to them.

"You don't know that." I replied.

-
We gathered our stuff to leave. Lizzie opened the door of the truck but quickly slammed it close. I looked over to see what she was looking at and saw a man strolling around in a wheelchair.

"Aren't you staying for dinner? The Clearwater's are coming." The man asked with pleading eyes. I looked back at Lizzie who had a wide smirk on her face.

"Actually, my sister and I promised Charlie to be back for dinner. I am sure Avery would love to stay for dinner." Lizzie said evilly. I sent her a cold, icy stare before looking at Jake who was smiling.

"The Swan girls are my ride home." I defended trying to get out of the situation.

"I am sure Sue wouldn't mind taking you home." The man said. I bit my lip and nodded.

"I am sure my dad wouldn't mind if I stayed a little longer." I said. Truth is, I am not even sure if my dad would be home by the time I did.

"Great, my name is Billy Black." He greeted as he stuck his hand out. I felt a small smile tugging at the corners of my mouth. I placed my cold hands in his and shook it.

"My name is Avery Woodman." I greeted in return. Bella and Lizzie waved as they drove off.

"So, Avery. Where are you from?" Jacob asked. My eyebrow quirked up as I thought of where I used to live.

"I am from Detroit, Michigan." I answered. He nodded and placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Let me show you the inside of the house." He stated. A car pulled into the long driveway as a door swung open.

"Hey, Jake." A voice shouted. A boy who stood tall and gangly walked up to us. He had a huge grin on his face that complimented his features. His skin is a russet color while his hair is black. I tilted my head when I noticed a girl standing behind him with a slight frown. She caught me staring as her frown turned into a deep frown.

"Do I know you?" She asked. I grinned and shook my head.

"No, my name is Avery." I stated. She gave me an awkward smile.

"My name is Leah Clearwater." She claimed. She walked away and walked inside the house. I nodded slowly with wide eyes and bit my lip. Jake slapped my back as I cringed in pain.

"That hurt." I said as my back started to sting.

"Sorry, didn't realize." He said with a grin. I rolled my eyes and followed after him. The nameless boy walked beside me with the biggest grin. I smiled a bit at the enthusiastic boy.

"Hi, my name is Seth Clearwater." He greeted.

"I am Avery Woodman." I said in return. He gave me a weird look.

"Woodman, that sounds familiar." He stated. He opened the door and waited for me. "Ladies first."

"What a gentleman." I said as I laughed. I walked in and bumped into Jacob. "Jesus, move and show me your house."

"I will later." He said. He laughed at me and moved out of the way. The house was simple. The simpleness made me more intrigued.

"Dad, the last name Woodman sounds familiar. What did you say about the Woodman's?" Seth inquired. I felt my ear twitch when the man with gray hair glanced at his son.

"They are hunters." He said.

"Oh," He said. "Well, Avery is all fine."

"Who?" The man asked. I raised my hand.

"Me," I added in. Everyone was silent. Not even a cricket could be heard. "I am Avery Woodman."

"Well, this is awkward." The older woman mumbled. I raised my other hand in defense and laughed.

"Don't worry, I am nothing like my father." I said laughing. The man let out a sigh of relief as the woman cracked a smile. The fact made me wonder. How well did people know my father? I shook the thought away when everyone started sitting down at the table. I took a seat next to Leah who didn't even bother to share a glance. Everyone started digging into the food and had their small talks. I listened to each conversation amused by each. The woman set her fork down and stared at me.

"How rude of me. My name is Sue Clearwater," She started pointing at everyone. "This is my husband, Harry, my daughter, Leah, and my son, Seth."

"It's nice to meet you guys." I smiled at each of them.

"Do you have any siblings?" Harry asked as everyone stared at me with questioning looks.

"Uh, no. I am the only child." I replied.

"I guess your parents are lucky to have just one child." Billy butted in. I laughed and nodded.

"Yeah, my dad is thankful that there is no fighting." I said back. Jacob gave me a confused look.

"What about your mom? What does she think?" He questioned. I felt my emotions drain. I tried to recollect myself from falling apart.

"I am sure she would've liked to have more children." I said quietly. Seth sent me a look.

"Is she at home with your dad?" He asked. I bit tongue to keep myself from cursing at him.

"She died, actually." I said as I looked him in the eyes. Everyone was silent. Leah started to scold her brother.

"Well, that makes two of us." Jacob said as he sent me a small smile. I returned the smile.

"Sorry." Seth mumbled after his sister was done giving him a lecture.

"It's fine. You didn't know." I replied.

"Well, let's talk about things that make us happy." Sue chirped happily. I laughed and nodded. Everyone picked up their food and went back to eating.

I swallowed the last of the food that was on my plate. My phone buzzed from my pocket. I glanced at the text and froze. The only thing that was moving was my beating heart that was pounding.

Better get home quick. My fun is about to start. -A

--
Ooooooooh. OH MY GOD!! What fun? I don't know guys. What do you think? Who is A? A from Pretty Little Liars? Ahaha. No. :) Hoped you enjoyed the chapter.

C for Clearwater. Who is excited that they are finally in it?

Vote, comment, and follow.

~Katie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.5K 450 22
[UNDER MINOR EDITING] PREVIOUSLY TITLED "โ„ญ๐”ฌ๐”ฏ๐”ฏ๐”ฒ๐”ญ๐”ฑ๐”ฆ๐”ฌ๐”ซ" ... ๐˜š๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜บ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ, ๐˜š๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜บ ๐˜ช...
98.5K 1.1K 61
Read to find outโค๏ธ I promise to edit the book when I get time but thanks for reading it and loving it๐Ÿฅฐ
20.9K 633 18
โ๐˜๐—ผ๐ฎ ๐ค๐ง๐—ผ๐ฐ, ๐ˆ'๐—บ ๐ฉ๐ซ๐ž๐ญ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐—บ๐ฎ๐œ๐ก ๐ฐ๐š๐ฅ๐ค๐ข๐ง๐  ๐—บ๐ฒ ๐๐—ผ๐ ๐ฌ ๐ซ๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ ๐ง๐—ผ๐ฐ.โž โ๐ˆ ๐œ๐š๐ง๐ง๐—ผ๐ญ ๐›๐ž๐ฅ๐ข๐ž๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฒ๐—ผ๐ฎ ๐š๐œ๐ญ๐ฎ๐š๐ฅ๏ฟฝ...
1.8M 48.5K 98
she had high hopes she would have a great ending to her life, but moving in with her dad and falling in love with a boy she shouldn...