In Love with Mr Ghost

By xxNessa21xx

Jillian lost her parents and older brother and sister in a car accident five years ago. Now she is fiveteen a... More

Prologue
1 - New Family
2 - First Day at Work
3 - Settling In
4 - Take a Picture, It Last Longer
5 - Hello Cliché
6 - Never Trust a Stranger
7 - My First Kiss
8 - Karma is a Bitch!
10 - My Crazy Stalker!
11 - The Triplets
12 - Why Hello There, We Meet Again
13 - Friendship and Forgiveness
14 - Jealous Much?
15 - Her Evil Smile
16 - The Truth
17 - Embracing the Truth
18 - Happy Together
19 - Hear Me Out!
20 - You Got Me Falling
21 - Decision!
22 - Helping Out
23 - Realisation
24 - Do You Believe?
Epilogue

9 - My Life

1.7K 48 8
By xxNessa21xx

Attention Readers!!!

This chapter is Mr Ghost’s POV. I repeat this is Mr Ghost’s POV!!!

Enjoy! :)

~*~

Chapter 9 ~ My Life

~*~

I should have never trust that bitch! I paced around my best friend’s living room as I fumed. How the f*** can she do that to me after what we been through!

I soft chuckled made me froze in the spot. “Oh Mattie, you’re such a tease.” She said seductively making me shiver in disgust. Her high heels made this click clacking noise as they make their way in the house.

“What the hell is going on here?” Brian’s voice cut off they’re teasing and her giggling. Brian had always been my best friend since diapers since both our mothers were best friends since high school and always go around together even during holidays so it wasn’t a surprise when Brian and I became best friends. “Well?” Brian’s voice was now filled with annoyance.

“It’s none of your business!” Monica hiss at her twin brother. “What the f*** are you doing here anyway? You’re supposed to be out today!”

I stood still and turned around to face Monica who was clinging to Matt like her life depends on it. I glared at her and had to fight the urge to slap her in the face.

“This is also where I live if you haven’t forgot but that doesn’t matter!” Brian shouts which was very rare since he’s the most responsible and mature one in the group also the one who seems to be always calm. “What’s matter is what the f*** are you doing with him!”

I stood shock at Brian’s chosen words. Brian had never used the ‘f’ word, he cuss but never did he use the ‘f’ word.

“So what?” Monica shouts back. “It’s not like your so called best friend didn’t cheat behind my back!” she said emphasising the word ‘best friend’.

I swear there and then I was seeing blood as I was now beyond furious as I was now livid. I marched out of the living room to the hallway where Monica stood with Matt just a few steps away to the stairs where Brian was looking down at her.

Every step I took was quiet against the marble floor making it impossible to Monica to hear but Matt on the other hand turned my way. When our gaze met, he smiled at me whole heartedly.

Matt lifts his right arm, palm facing my way. “Hey man.” He said cutting Monica off mid-sentence as she looked my way and her eyes widen at the sight off me.

Matt moved away from Monica to where Brian was standing. “B-babe” she stuttered. She cleared her throat and smile at me. “Babe, what are you doing here?” she asks sweetly and innocently making me madder that before.

If I didn’t know better I would have calm down from her innocent look but now it didn’t have any affect on me besides feeling disgusted. Stopping a metre away from her I glared down at her five foot two figure even though she wore high heels all the time.

“Babe, I can explain.” She said as she pouts. Matt snort at that earning a quick glare from Monica before she looked back at me and pouts some more. “Matt” She began and pointed a finger at Matt but I didn’t bother to look at him. “He threatens me and told me his going to hurt me and you if I…” She trailed off and sniffs. I can hear Matt mutters under his breath that sounds like ‘lying bitch’ but I was too occupied trying not to punch Monica. “He…He said he’ll hurt us and make us break up if…if I don’t go out with him.”

“Let me slap the senses out of that bitch!” Matt snapped making Monica flinch and gave Matt a terrified side glance.

Monica pointed to Matt once again. “See how violent he is!” She grabbed my arm with her free hand and I look at Matt.

Matt was struggling as he try to get out of Brian’s death grip but we both knew Brian was quite strong even though he was the skinniest and smallest in the group. Matt murderously glare at Monica and began calling her names.

“Enough!” I snapped making Matt stop struggling and making Monica stops telling more lies. I grabbed Monica’s shoulder and she look at me terrified. “I had enough of your lies!” I hiss. “You think you can fool me! I know you were seeing other guys behind my back, so I asked Matt for some help to see if it’s true or not.” I said with venom and hatred making Monica looks confuse but soon as it comes it goes as she realise that I had set her up.

“Matt disagrees first, you wanna know why?” With out waiting for Monica’s reply I continue. “He loathes you, he thinks you’re just an annoying bitch who can’t close her legs even for a second. You are f***ing lucky that you’re Brian’s twin or else I swear I’ll slap you myself.”

“Be my guess.” Brian said with a hint of humour. “She’s a pain anyway and she needs to learn her lessons.”

“I’m not wasting my time to worthless people.” I said and pushed Monica away from me making her stumbled back a few step and nearly slip on the floor. She rubs both of her arms where I grabbed her. The redness was visible against her pale skins. “Don’t f***ing show your face to me ever again.”

With those final words I turned around and head back out of the house to the garage where Brian had parked his car. I knew Brian and Matt had followed behind me as their footsteps echo against the marbles stones.

“Are you alright, mate?” Matt asks warily.

“Yea” I said before leaning on Brian’s car. “I just can’t believe I wasted a year and half of my life thinking Monica was the one.” I said more to myself.

“Well, shit happens.” Brian said before unlocking his car. “There’s this cake shop in town, you two fancy tagging along?”

Matt and I rolled our eyes to that with a smile. Brian had always have a sweet tooth and everyone knew in our group of friends there’s only one cake shop Brian always go to even during a date. “I can’t man. I got a date with Kate.” Matt said.

“You’re still trying to woo her?” I asked and mentally slapping myself for blurting that one out. In unison we opened the car door and smoothly slide in. Brian start the car as it purred to life.

Matt chuckles and rests both of his palms behind his head. “Kate is actually not like Monica and knowing her, she knew my reputation.” Matt said proudly.

Brian and I laughs, we knew what a man whore Matt was since high school and Kate being his neighbour and fellow classmate since primary she also knew about Matt’s reputation. However, eight months ago Kate went out on her first date and Matt was furious even though he doesn’t know why and pretty much he ruined everyone of Kate’s date making her hate him with passion.

“I still can’t believe it took you three months to figure out that you like her.” I said shaking my head. Matt snort and I knew even without looking he rolled his eyes at me as he mumbles ‘whatever’.

Brian dropped Matt off at Kate’s house. “Are you also going to bail on me or are you coming with me?”

I gave him an apologetic look and shake my head side to side. “Sorry man, I got to start packing my stuff.” Brian gave me a puzzled look before frowning at me. “I’m planning to catch the first flight available since I see no point of hanging around here.” I answered Brian’s silent question.

“You owe me one then.” He said and I smiled at him happy that he dropped the subject.

I laugh and shake my head. “We’ll go to that cake shop before I leave.”

Brian grinned, eyes still on the road. “I’m counting you on that.”

Brian dropped me to my house and with a sigh, I walked inside the house. “I’m home!” My voice echoed through the quiet hallway until it was replaced by running footsteps.

“Chace!” My sister Amelia or what she prefers to be called Mia was running down the stairs. “Chace!” She said my second name [A/N: Middle name or whatever you guys call your other name before your surname/last name] once again making me smile.

Mia smile up to me knowing what I was thinking. I had always hate the name Chace but my family found it funny how I get all frustrated but soon I got used to it but only they’re the only one who can call me that.

“You finally dump that piece of shit!” Mia said and I frown at her. She only turned sixteen just this summer and now she was cussing. “I know, I know, language.” She said rolling her eyes like she read my thought. “But really, you took your time dumping her.”

“How did you know?” I ask still frowning. It wasn’t even twenty minutes since I dumped her and my sister already knew.

“She twitted it and it’s in facebook.” She shrugs. “Wanna know what she put?” She raise her eyebrow with a hint of amusement in her eyes as she smirk at me.

“I don’t give a shit.” I stated and briskly walk to the kitchen feeling thirsty.

“Okay.” She said as she follows me. “No one believed her anyway except the part where they knew you dump her and not the other way around like she said.” I turned around and frown at her while she smiles at me innocently.

Mia stood five foot two inches with light brownish skin colour that she inherent from her mother who happens to be Japanese. Her long black her was cropped styled with naturals waves. her heart shape face made her more look three years younger than her actual age and making her look more innocent. She had a dimple on her right cheeks that always show even the slightest smile all of those were from her mother, Yukina. The only thing that she inherent from our father side was her hazel eyes with a few pigment of gold colour around the iris just like mine and making her skin lighter than Asian skin were.

“I know I’m beautiful but no need to stare.” Mia joked as I rolled my eyes at her. I grabbed her into a hug which she returned without hesitation and I kiss her forehead.

“I love you sis.” I said after a few minutes of silence.

“I love you too bro.” She said with a hint of amusement. She pulled away from me and studied my face with a slight frown. “You’re not planning on committing suicide right?” I laugh and shake my head side to side. “Good because I’ll never forgive you.”

I couldn’t help but chuckle. Suicide didn’t even cross my mind until she mentions it but I wasn’t going to waste my life like that. I’m going to Harvard to study law and hope to become successful and help my family, so suicide was definitely not on the list.

“Well, I don’t know about you but I got some packing to do.” I said as I walk back to the hallway.

“Eh? Why?” Mia said as she speed walk to catch up with me. “You still have a week before uni start.” She whined.

“Yea, well there’s a change of plan.” I said and frown. “Besides knowing her, she’ll be banging that door and stalking me begging for me to forgive her.”

Mia laugh like a full on laugh. “T-that’s…sound…just…like…h-her.” Mia said between laughs. Mia took some deep breathe before blocking my way “You’re staying tomorrow right?” I nod and Mia grinned. “Good because I want to watch this new horror films and my friends chicken out.” She announce with a slight frown.

I smile at her knowing full well how she is addicted to horror films and how she drags her friends to watch it and some bail on her because they’re to spook out. “I’ll get the first plane ticket available the day after tomorrow so we can have some bonding time.”

Mia leans down as she stood a step above me at the stairs and planted a kiss on my cheeks. “Thank you!” She said happily before running to her room. I shake my head with a smile and head to my room which was on the opposite direction of where Mia and our parent’s room were.

As soon as I walk in the room I frown. My walls were painted pinkish cream with one wall was covered with pictures of Monica and I and some of our friends while the other three walls were plain. Monica had painted my once light blue walls to the colour what’s on now and she had place all those picture up to match her room.

I huff and start ripping the pictures off my wall before ripping it into pieces and throwing it on the bin. I took my phone out of the back pocket of my jeans and called my mum. “Hi mum.” I said as soon as she said hello.

“Hey sweetie, how are you?” in the background there was shuffles sound like paper being lift and pass around.

“I’m alright, you?” I ask politely before letting my body fall on my bed.

“Busy as usual.” She paused. “What’s wrong sweetie?”

I smiled at how she always knew if there is something wrong. “Well, I broke up with Monica.” I said and I swear I heard her mumble something like ‘about time’.

“But that’s not why you called me, isn’t it?” she said with humour.

“Well no.” I answered truthfully. “I’m calling if you have free time to decorate my room.”

“I’m booked for the whole month dear.” She said sadly. “But I can send Dina to do it for you, she’s free tomorrow.”

I smile and nod my head before mentally slapping myself as I realise she can’t see me. “That’s fine then.” After that I hang up after saying good bye to my mum as her customer just came to her office.

I smile at the thought Aunt Dina, my mother’s younger sister and her partner was coming. She was the best Aunt ever as she always knows what I want more than what my mum knows.

Mum and Aunt Dina had always had a passion with anything to do with art and after graduating high school they both went and took interior design course. They both ace it of course and after a year they had their own office or what they like to call studio but now it was a company.

Unfortunately, different customers from all over the world go to her making her busier. At first she politely decline foreign request or any request that would make her travel far from home and since I was only seven at that time she made it her goal to make sure she was always there for me.

I had always lived with my mum since mum and dad weren’t actually married. They were both the high school ‘it’ couple and they didn’t want to continue dating each other so they broke up with mutual feeling however there was always the graduation party and being part of the ‘it’ group they attend the party, got drunk, did things that aren’t meant to do and finally mum got pregnant.

My mum being rise in a catholic family didn’t even think of abortion. Dad was confuse and mad at first but according to my mum after she gave birth to me dad was happy. They didn’t get married or decide to be a couple but they both take good care of me as they both agree to live with each other even after dad met Yukina, the exchange student from Japan.

Mum and Yukina click just like that and Yukina accepted me like I’m her own son. She always volunteers to take care of me as my mum and dad goes to class.

I’m soo lucky to have a family that loves me. I got up of the bed and started packing.

Half an hour later I was done packing and went downstairs, only to be greeted by Yukina’s tight hug. “Oh, sweetie, I’m so proud of you.”

I pulled away laughing. “Proud of me for?”

“You finally dump that girl.” She said proudly. “I still don’t understand why you went out with her and how she can be twins with Brian.” She said frowning.

I laugh and rolled my eyes. Everyone knew in the family even mum and Brian that Yukina never liked Monica since the first day I introduce her to them but she always respect and support my decision but that doesn’t mean she never showed how she dislike her so much. There was even one time that adds powered peanuts on Monica’s salad during a meal where I invited her to come over. Monica having mild allergies to peanut made her lips swallows making her look like a fish with big fat lips. Ever since then the two was on full war, making each other’s life hell.

“That girl is bad news.” Yukina said before pulling away from me and going back to the kitchen where a lovely smell of roast chicken was coming from.

“Can I invite Brian over for dinner?” I asked leaning on the door frame of the kitchen. “And mum and Aunt Dina?” Yukina turned around with a Cheshire smile on her face before nodding.

I chuckled and let them know about dinner which lucky they all agreed on coming.

Dinner was lovely with everyone I cared and also truly cared for being around. We talked, laugh and joked through out dinner before we all parted for the night.

~*~

I groaned as something slightly heavy continues to jump on top of me. “Get up or I’ll make Henry lick you.” Yukina threatens knowing fully well that I don’t like being like by our old husky, Henry. I love animals especial Henry who was always there for me since little but Henry was now really old and when he licks you, your face was going to be covered with dog’s saliva.

Quickly struggling to get up and tripping on my covers I was soon out of bed and Snow the youngest husky and Henry’s grand pup was wagging her tail at me as she stood on her four little legs on my bed facing me.

“Yukina!” I whined. Yukina’s laugh echoed through the hallway as well as her footsteps. Glancing at the clock on top of my night stand, I groaned at how early it was. It was only half seven and since I was now fully awake I didn’t see the point of going back to sleep.

Grabbing Snow I gently put her out of my room before closing my bedroom door. Seeing my phone next to my clock on the night stand I quickly text Brian knowing full well that he’ll be up. Texting him if he fancy to go out the cake shop he adore so much and getting a quick reply of yes, I head to the bathroom and took a shower.

After my shower I dried myself quickly and walk inside my walk-in wardrobe and quickly put some clothes on.

Grabbing my favourite indigo jeans that I bought at Calvin Klein, a body fitted grey top from Topman and my black converse. I quickly and smoothly put them on before heading back to the bathroom.

I look at my reflection on the mirror and brush my teeth before grabbing the gel that Mia always buys for me. I styled my hair like I usually do, spiked up at the back while the top and front of my hair would be flat and seems like it’s meeting at the middle.

Washing the sticky gel of my hands and spraying my after shave, I head downstairs where Brian was waiting at the front of the door, grinning like an idiot.

“What are you doing here?” I said with a frown. I agreed to pick him up to his house but now he was standing in front of me grinning.

“Well, Monica didn’t go out like she usually do and it looks like she’s planning something…” He trailed off shrugging his shoulder.

“That does explain it.” I said and was truly grateful for his thought. “Shall we go then?” Brian nod and we head to this café that Brian had been obsess about.

The town was hectic and there was barely any parking lot available. “How about you go ahead and get us a table while I look for a parking spot.” I said which Brian agreed happily. After my third time going around there was an available parking space and I quickly parked my car.

Walking briskly to the café, I earned a few glances and seductive remarks from the girls passing by. Usually they only look at me with lust and a look between possessiveness and jealousy but never a remark as Monica would glare at them.

“You found a good parking space?” Brian asks as soon as I walk in the café.

I nod my head. “They really need a bigger parking space here.” I said slightly annoyed at how many times I went around getting a parking space. Brian laugh and I joined in and I swear I heard the customers and a few staff near by sigh dreamily.

“Um, I’ll show you to your table.” A quiet voice said making me look at the girl in front of Brian.

The girl was indeed beautiful with her honey blonde hair tied up neatly, emerald eyes that seems to through your own soul, her flawless tanned skin, good body figure even though it was slightly hard to see through her clothes which seems a few size bigger to her and her pinkish lips that seems to pout out naturally. If she didn’t look too young I would definitely hit on her.

She looked around the café with confusion and slight amusement before showing us to our table. After being seated well, she gave us the menu and left to give us a few minutes to decide.

“Why are you wearing a suit?” I asked as I study Brian’s attire. Brian look at his grey suit with light blue shit that the two top buttons were unbuttoned.

“Oh, there’s a wedding tonight and I thought I might have no time to get ready later so I thought I just wear it now and spend some time with my best mate who is ditching me a week earlier that we planned to go.” He said with a hint of amusement and annoyance.

I chuckle before my attention was diverted to my phone. “You sister is threatening me.” I said after I read her text.

“Just ignore her, she’s all talk anyway.” I nod my head but Monica continues to text and calls my phone. The staff soon came and took our order before leaving us again and after a couple more minutes our food came.

The food at the café was lovely and now I understood why Brian likes to eat there so much. We head back to my car and as I start the car, the engine purred to life but the sound was slightly off. Ignoring it, I drove back to the house where I hang out with Brian in my room playing Xbox before Mia knock on my door.

“Ready to leave?” She asks as soon as she opened the door. “Oh hi Brian.” She said shyly as she slightly blush making me raise my eyebrow.

Brian smiled at her making her blush even more. I shakes my head to side to side before getting up. “Sorry man but I promise my little sister that we’re going to watch a movie tonight.”

“No probs, beside I need to head home anyway.” He said after checking his wrist watch. “The wedding starts at seven.” He said before grabbing his blazer from my computer chair. Brian politely said good night and good bye to my parents before giving a guy hug and nodding at Mia. “Come on then.” I said as soon as Brian drove away.

Mia slide at the passenger side of my car smoothly while I got in the driver seat. I put the key on and turn it forward making the engine purred to life once again but the sound was slightly strange.

“Seat belt?” I ask while I fasten mine up.

“Check!” Mia tease before giggling making me rolls my eyes. As we made our way to town, Mia turned on the radio and Carrie Underwoods ‘Just a Dream’ was playing and Mia sang along.

I smiled at listening at my sister’s sweet melodic voice. She had a beautiful voice and a passion for seeing. She won many competitions and with that I was proud to be her big brother.

At the junction the stop light change to yellow before red as I press the break pedal nothing happen. “Shit!” I said as I tried to make the car stop. There was no on in front of my car but the other side of the junction was now moving full speed.

Mia had stop singing and look at me in panic. “Why aren’t you stopping?” She asks looking back to me to the road. “Chace stops!”

“I can’t there’s something wrong with the brakes!” I shout. Cars began to horn at us as we I dodge them and when I look at Mia’s side, I saw a truck. It horn at us but there was nothing else I can do. Mia look at me petrified with tears rolling down her cheeks.

“Chace!” She said and I did what the only thing I can do. I unfasten my seat belt and jumped out of my seat to Mia and wrapped her protective in my arms.

I heard the impact of the truck to my car and Mia’s crying. The car flip around a few times making me hit the side, the top and the front of the car before it stops.

“Chace.” Mia voice cried but I found my eyes too heavy to open. Once I finally open my eyes one vision of my eyes where red while the other was normal. Mia was crying looking down at me. I see her mouth move but I couldn’t hear her melodic voice but I knew along the words she was saying she was calling my name.

She was crying, my little sister who rarely cries since she was a baby was now crying. I made her cry. Guilt spread through me and with a final look of Mia’s crying face everything around me went black.

~*~

I woke up feeling nothing, no pain, no strain muscle, nothing but I remember clearly about the accident like it was still happening in front of me as the memory was soo clear to me.

Mia! I looked around to see nothing but a busy street. Cars pass by slowly as traffic build up. There in the middle of the highway junction were police cars, a fire truck and a few traffic police who was waving to the cars. But what caught my attention was what was in the middle of the chaos.

A car but not just any ordinary car, a black BMW z4 car, it was my car. It was crushed, the glass windows where everywhere as it was now turn into million of pieces scattered on the road, the driver’s door was not lying a metre away from the car while the passenger door seems to be forcefully opened. The hood of the car was opened and crushed but there was more damage on the passenger said of the car.

Mia! I rushed to the where a police was talking to a guy. “Where’s my sister?” I ask but they ignored me like they didn’t hear me at all. “I said where my sister is!” I shout annoyed and tried to grab the police officer only my hands went through him.

I stared at my hand like as if it grew another pair on the spot before look back at the police man. Someone went through me and stood just inches away from me. “Sir, it seems like someone messed the brake of the car and mess the engine.” The police that I tried to grab a few minutes ago nod his head.

“How’s the girl doing?” He asks making my ears perk up.

“Houston called a few minutes ago, she said the girl was fine only got a few scratches but she’s mentally shaken up.” The guy in front of me said.

The police shake his head and saw different emotion through his expression but one of them was pity. “I won’t be surprise. Her brother sacrifices his life to save hers and then died right in front of her.”

I stare surprise at the two officer who seems to continue to talk but I couldn’t hear anything as his word repeat it self in my head.

I died. I died in my sister’s arm. My head vision soon began to dance around as I felt my head become light headed. What should I do?

“JJ can help you.” A voice said behind me. I turned around and tried to focus my gaze to a figure in front of me. I couldn’t make out anything out of the figure in front of me but I knew she was a girl from the sound of her voice to her long blonde hair. “Find her, she can help you.”

“Who’s JJ?” I ask but my voice sound rough that I wasn’t even sure if she understands what I just said.

“Her name is Jillian Joyce Valentine. Tell her Amy Valentine sends you. She can help.” I nod my head before everything went black once again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

815 170 7
| 𝟖𝐱 𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐝 | Aurelie is both bad luck and good luck at once. Believed to be a maiden of fortune by her father and the spawn of spirits b...
2.3M 193K 94
RANKED #1 CUTE #1 COMEDY-ROMANCE #2 YOUNG ADULT #2 BOLLYWOOD #2 LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT #3 PASSION #7 COMEDY-DRAMA #9 LOVE P.S - Do let me know if you...
141K 1.5K 26
Zoe Tim, is 17 and she starts dating Daniel Seavey. Zoe and Daniel forgot to put a condom on and there Zoe went, she got pregnant. They will never fo...
37K 897 29
Bethany Hall is one hundred percent happy. With a loving family, a perfect boyfriend and surrounded by friends, she can’t ask for anything better. Bu...