The Fertility Mark (Book 1)

By grizzie-grey

NOT EDITED VERSION. Delilah got a huge responsibility on her shoulders at the age of 17 when her parents die... More

Authors Note
Sheldon
Ice Cream
Dandelions
Stranger Danger
Maeve
Aunt Georgina
"Werewolf" Movie
Stalker Mate
Unnoticed Acceptance
Cursed Mate
House Rules
Alaska
Dimitri
Mark
Mad Mate
Secret Closet
New Mate
Millennium Honey Boo
Female Guards
Bloody Message
Unexpected Things
Mall Confession
Locked Mate
Guardian Chickens
Vampire Queen
Surprise Powers
The Matthews
Royal Months
Declarations
Vampire Hunters
Mate Maeve
Wrong Move?
Blobs
Eveline Anya
Victoria Secret's Secret
Bloody Lips
Reunited
Alex's Daughter
Double Spy
Home at Last
The Ugly Truth
Maid-of-honor
The Plans
The Date
Wedding Crashers
The Births
Death
Surprise Surprise
Epilogue
Sequel News

Maximus Speaks

35K 1.4K 164
By grizzie-grey

Here we go!!! Y'all enjoy!!

*Alex POV*

I can't believe she did that to me. Well actually I can believe it but I never thought she would actually do it.

Mate left Max. Why did mate leave Max? He asked for the millionth time in the past two hours. Yes. It had been two hours since Delilah was taken. Two agonizing hours.

You big doofus she left me too! But I don't know buddy.... I don't know...

He howled and sped up faster, not even caring if the wolfs following him were falling behind. In all of my thousands of years being alive, I have never felt Max this heartbroken and it was scaring me. I had a good chuckle when Delilah first accepted us and he was prancing around like a tiny puppy who was waiting for its favorite chew toy to be thrown. Now, if you actually threw that toy, he would just howl even more and pound the floor.

I watched from the back of his mind as he sped through the forest, going straight through the familiar path to Dimitri's palace. Yeah he had his main home here in Alaska as well -making it easy for us whenever we had to meet up- but now I wished he lived thousands of miles away so he would have never met her. And he used to be my best friend...... How could he?....

Why can't we hear mate? Mate is always on Max's mind but Max can't hear her. He whizzed past a tree, centimeters away from knocking it down when he asked me this.

I was worried about that as well. My beautiful girl had blocked her thoughts as soon as she sent me that last message. I had linked William, ordering him to come release me, but he responded with a 'I'll be there soon. Fighting off these bloodsuckers each step I take!' And I groaned in frustration. It took him ten horrifying minutes to get to the vault. Throughout those ten minutes, every pup and female that were present stood far away from me, fearing that I would turn my frustration from the door to them. When I tried to reassure them, they all but scrambled away in a rush and gave me a wide space.

Not that I was complaining anyways. Both Max and I were pissed at the time, and we still were, but we both just wanted the same thing. Our mate back in our arms, safe and sound.

She left us. She left me. Why would she do it though? Wasn't she happy with us, with me-

Alex? He whispered, interrupting my depressing thoughts.

Yeah Max? He never called me Alex. He was too formal and whenever he would say my name, he would say Alexander so I knew he wasn't himself.

Did mate reject us?

I quickly shook my head -well whatever head I had- and sighed. Of course not. She bares our mark, your mark, remember? Delilah will never reject us. She loves us.

Then why did she leave? Why did she lock Max up in safe when danger was outside.

I was about to respond to his question again when he stopped, making the few wolfs who had managed to catch up stop as well. With Max's sensitive hearing, I heard one set of footsteps coming not far from where we were and I snarled.

It's coming from the direction of Dimitri's place. I informed the warriors and I saw a few of them nod while others just pawed the dirt, getting ready to pounce at any second. Max sniffed the air and as I smelled the scents with him, I froze. Her scent was faint, but it was there. It was mixed with Dimitri's, whose murky scent we were smelling, feet away.

MATE! Max snarled before he lunged the few feet left over. His ears flattened and the threatening growl was coming from both of us as we watched Dimitri stop and stare at us. He didn't do anything else except stare at us in surprise for a few seconds

Let me at em'! Let me at em'!

He kidnapped our Queen! He dies today!

He's alone. It's a trap.

But it can't be...... Why does he have her scent?

Warriors, stop! We both commanded and all the snarling stopped. Well the talking stopped, but the snarling and huffing were still happening. We need him alive for now to find our Queen. No one touches him until we get our information. Understood?

YES SIR!

"What are you doing in my land?" Dimitri smirked as he crossed his arms. Everyone snarled and it just took one look from me to silence them up.

Max I need to speak with him. Let me back in since we can't link him.

Max don't like this. He is alone. No other vampires are here.

He was right. As he slowly let me shift back, I took those few seconds to use his hearing and see what he was talking about.

No other vampire was around. He was the only one there, and he didn't even looked scared.

"Ahh Alex. Thanks for my mate."

A snarl came from inside me. "SHE IS NOT YOUR MATE!" I felt the sharp wind pierce my naked skin, but I didn't care if I was butt naked. We were already costumed into seeing each other in our birthday uniforms, so when it came back to times like this, no one even bothered to say "hey! You're naked!"

Dimitri bared his fangs, taking a step forward, causing my wolfs to step forward as well. "She is my mate! She has the scent!"

I took the last few steps that separated us and grabbed his shirt. He didn't even flinch as his feet left the ground. "You. Will. Tell. Me. Where. My. Mate. Is. Now." I demanded through clenched teeth. He just laughed and I threw him through the air, making him land a good thirty feet away.

I could have done better.

"TELL ME WHERE SHE IS!?"

"Well she isn't here, as you can tell." He cooed as he wiped the dirt from his clothes. "And I moved my coven a while back to a different spot. Somewhere you don't know."

I know this probably isn't a good time, but he has my mates scent. It's faint like the Queens, but it's there.

That was my packs fourth in command, Daniel speaking. I nodded in understanding and took some steps so I was closer to Dimitri. He had two of our mates now. And he had to give them back, even if he didn't want to.

"Where did you take Delilah?" I asked again. "She is my mate. Who cares about the stupid fertility mark!"

Dimitri bared his fangs again before he narrowed his eyes at me. "How could you say that! You know we have been waiting for someone like her for a long time! She's my mate, so it's perfect but you had to come along and take her from me! So don't you dare ask me where my mate is because I won't tell you!"

Oh boy. Let Max back. Max wants to k*ll him now.

I could feel myself loosing control of Max and I closed my eyes as I clenched my teeth. Max stop!

Maximus wants out! Vampire needs to die!

If he dies, we won't know where Delilah is! So stop and let me talk!

Fine.

When I opened my eyes, I could feel Max in the back of my mind, watching every step Dimitri took. He would growl if I even took my eyes off of him for a second.

"Where is-"

"I'm getting tired of this. I need to leave anyways. My mate is sick and I need to go and check what Quinn has found."

I froze as Max stopped growled. Delilah is sick? What? Since when!? "What's wrong with her! What's wrong with my mate? Take me to her!" I demanded as I took the remaining steps to him. He quickly backed away, shaking his head as he lifted up a hand.

"You will never touch my mate. You will never see her again because you will never find my new place again. This will be the last time you will ever see me." He slowly lowered his arm and then bowed. "Goodbye. Reece." And then he was gone.

What!?!

"Search everything and everywhere! Find them!" I roared as I ran and shifted mid air to the place he last was. I was in control this time, and Max seemed to not have a problem as he was still trying to figure out what had just happened.

How in the world did he do that?He had never been able to disappear like that before, so how did he? Unless he..... No. No. It couldn't be. They would never.....

His scent is gone. It just disappeared.

What do you mean it just disappeared Daniel? How can he poof out of here without us seeing!?

Magic. Remember those boring books you read a couple decades ago? Vampires can have gifts.

I stopped in my tracks, remembering the book he was talking about. My earlier thoughts of witches helping him out were out of the window and this new clue made sense.

Of course. It makes sense. But why would Dimitri keep this from me? Why wouldn't he tell me his people had gifts. They were very rare, and if he had anyone with a power, I had the right to know. So why didn't he tell me?

I howled in frustration and made another circle through his property. When I found nothing, I growled again and began to run who knows where. My mind wasn't up to the task to check where I was going, and I wasn't going to take my time to check my surroundings.

Go back. I need time to myself.

I heard a bunch of "Yes my King," and one wolf whimper before I closed off the mind link and let Max have control.

This made no sense. First of all, Delilah left us with no reasonable explanation. Then, the monster that took her disappeared into thin air, making me think that he has vampires with gifts. It was just an idea and I wasn't one hundred percent sure, but it was the only thing that made sense. Well except if he had help from witches, but they were mortal enemies so they would never help him.

My mind was running through a bunch of different scenarios, making it hard to focus on anything else, that I almost missed the second voice. If Max hadn't shushed me immediately, I would have missed the entire message instead of just the beginning.

.....If this is somehow working, they have powers!

Mate! That was mate!

Delilah. That was definitely her voice. But how? I didn't even know where she was and our link only worked if we were close to each other. But I was in the middle of the forest and there was no structure near by.

Mate! Need to find mate!

He began to sniff the air and follow some weird scent he caught.

You were right though. The vampires have powers.

Mate. Focus on mate you doofus. Need to find mate.

He was right. I needed to focus on finding her. I had no idea why, but something inside of me told me I needed to find her, and fast. I opened up the mind link to everyone, wincing when Williams voice came through.

Finally! I've been trying to contact you for a while! Alice is going downhill! She hasn't stopped crying since you left.

Tell her she will see her sister soon. I think I have a lead on where she is.

Need me there?

No. Send Elliott and Henry with those who can fight. You need to stay there and take care of the wounded, the females and pups. If any news that involves Delilah come to you, you bother me until I answer. If it doesn't involve her-

Yeah yeah. I got it. Just howl. They should be there soon. Hopkins is with the group.

Good. Our best tracker. Noted. I cut off the link again and then focused. Sure enough, I could hear the wolfs that were with me before closing in.

I howled out into the moon and then focused on it as I waited for my pack.

Delilah. I'm coming.

This was the hardest chapter I have ever written. I don't think I will ever do one on his POV ever again lol It took me three tries to get it to how I liked it, and even then I still think this is bad.

I hoped you guys liked it though. Hope I didn't confused you with all of the linking and stuff. Remember, I am more of a romance girl, so this werewolf stuff is hard for me.

Comment and vote!! Updates will depend on the stupid WiFi. 😑 I swear it just likes to torture me. Anywhoo, this chapter is dedicated to deceiviing and @niniluvsyuh. You two made my week so bad with your comment on the last chapter. Thanks guys!!!

And also thank you everyone! Couldn't have made it this far without you all!! 💋💋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34 4 6
Ava never intended for much to happen when she started donating blood in high school, a couple stickers and the odd blood donor themed merch that she...
5.2K 174 26
Soraya didn't know Werewolves existed. She didn't believe in the existence of any Supernatural beings. That was until the day she had ran away from h...
330K 10.2K 19
This story is about a girl and her mate, Yeah they are werewolves & shes soon rejected and..... pregnant at 16 so leaving town feels like the only th...
71.5K 4.3K 24
Seventeen years have passed since the "disappearance" of Delilahs stillborn daughter and Alice, her sister. Seventeen years of everyone looking, but...