The Ugly Truth

"What do you mean she's your daughter?" Mags voiced out everyone's thoughts. All the adults that didn't know about this were frozen in their spots while the ones who knew just shrugged slightly when their mates looked up at them. I didn't even pay attention when Alex began to speak as I just stared at a confused Ali.

She stared at me, then at Eveline, then back at me. She stood up from her spot a few feet away and slowly made her way towards us. When she was close enough, she got on her tip toes and I smiled before I crouched down a bit so she could see her better. She was quiet for a few moments, and that's when I realized that everyone was staring at us in silence.

"So?....." I whispered after a few seconds of her just standing there, doing nothing. After a few more seconds of playing statue, she began to move. Her small hand slowly moved up towards Eveline's face and with her index finger, she carefully rubbed her chubby cheeks. Another few seconds later, and a smile appeared on her face before she actually said something.

"So I'm an aunt?"

I let out the breath of air I didn't know I was holding and nodded as she continued to touch Eveline. "Yes. I may not be her biological mother, but she is my responsibility."

Slowly, everyone crowded around us, wanting to get an even closer look at her. Like Ali, a smile quickly appeared and soon enough, coo's and endearments were being shrieked by the females.

"But your still pregnant...... Right?" Ali asked me as I handed Eveline over to a bouncing Mags. I quickly laughed at her words and then Williams reaction about it before I answered her.

"Willie!! I want a pup of our own!! When are we going to have one?"

"Pass her on and we can get started right now."

"Eww William. Not in front of the kids. And to answer your question Ali, yes, I'm still pregnant with the twins. So soon enough, we will have more babies to be passed around."

I stood there, frozen and silent as Williams wide eyes quickly snapped towards me while the ladies kept on cooing at Eveline. I heard Alex snicker and even Quinn let out her own chuckle as Ali gasped before her eyes snapped to my belly.

"Wait for it......" I mumbled under my breath as I saw three bodies stiffen and quickly turn in my direction.

Three

Two

One

"WHAT!??!" They all shrieked together, frightening Eveline. Her cries immediately caught their attention again and I quickly grabbed her, only to be bombarded by the same question over and over again by five different people.

"You're expecting twins?"

"Yes. Why do you think her bump is showing that much when she's barely reaching her first month mark." Quinn answered for me, making all eyes snap to her. Daniel quickly dropped her hand, only to wrap his arms around her figure and pull her closer to him. I felt Alex do the same behind me, but he carefully extended his big hands across my belly.

"So there will be three babies in the palace? Three?" April breathed out, looking at me. Her eyes quickly trained on Alex's hands before she quickly looked back up and saw me nod.

"Yes. And I'm sure I'm going to need help, so-"

"YES!!" They all shrieked again, making Eveline jump in my arms and start to cry again. My groan was swallowed by Elliot's and Henry's groan, but I managed to calm her down.

"Shriek one more time and I will make sure-" I didn't even have to finish my threat. All three of them shook their heads immediately and I smiled before I took a seat back in the same spot as before and dragged Ali down besides me. Alex took the spot on the other side and hugged all of us as everyone else got comfortable in the remaining couches.